Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

View Poll Results: What is the Falcons top need?
CB 15 53.57%
NT 3 10.71%
OLB 5 17.86%
O-line 1 3.57%
Other 4 14.29%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-03-2010, 07:17 PM    (permalink
kiranadwaney
Rookie

kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Weatherspoon or Pouncey for me, not sur which one I prefer right now. Think there are many option we can go at 19, position of need will be there with decent value. Dont think we should go Bryant or Spiller because we still have lots of bigger needs to address before we take luxary picks.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:59 PM    (permalink
MATTYxICE
Rookie

MATTYxICE needs more cowbell.

If Derrick Morgan falls to us, it would be a steal. His stock is dropping and it might happen.

Our biggest need is D-End, but a lot of people would like to see Kroy Biermann get a chance to play every down.
MATTYxICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 11:00 PM    (permalink
MATTYxICE
Rookie

MATTYxICE needs more cowbell.

But if our front office and coaching staff find a player they want to try and take later, we should get a wide receiver or something with out 1st pick.
MATTYxICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 11:02 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATTYxICE View Post
But if our front office and coaching staff find a player they want to try and take later, we should get a wide receiver or something with out 1st pick.
We should not waste our first round pick on this WR class. the only one worth it talent wise is Bryant and his character isn't worth it (too lazy).

What we should do is go Weatherspoon, Graham or Morgan or trade down.,

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love to draft Demaryus Thomas but his value is 2nd round. :(

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 03:58 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Dez fits in with all his stuff off the field for what the falcons are looking for. I wouldn't be upset if they drafted him bc he has talent and I'm all for putting alot of skill players around a young QB. And I know this will not come into the minds of the front office, but next years WR class is really good and WR. We would also know alot more about Harry Douglas, Jenkings and how many years Gonzo has left.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Demaryius gets close to seeing the 2nd round. His upside is just too high.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
I don't think Demaryius gets close to seeing the 2nd round. His upside is just too high.
Breaking his leg and not participating in any drills hurts his stock. He was always viewed as a second rounder tho just from looking at different mocks and rankings.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 04-07-2010, 05:07 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Albert Haynesworth is cheap now, we need to try and make a move. I'm fine with going in with Jerry/Babs, but adding Haynesworth would be absurd.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:18 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I fully agree... maybe Jamaal, 3rd in 2010 and condition in 2011 (2nd if Pro Bowl, 3rd if starting 13 or more games, 4th if injured.)

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 04-07-2010, 08:19 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont see them trading him since they just payed him 20 million dollers
Old 04-07-2010, 10:44 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

I don't see it happening, but yes, that would be amazing.

Add in a 1st round DE, and our D-line rotation would be top drawer.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:16 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Anybody hearing anything about Norwood and if he will be back? Because if he doesnt then HB should be drafted in midrounds
Old 04-08-2010, 07:27 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
Anybody hearing anything about Norwood and if he will be back? Because if he doesnt then HB should be drafted in midrounds

Yeah, he got a tender. He'll be back.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:26 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

I'm going to continue my flip flopping and say that now I'll go Graham>Spoon.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:06 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

What has been the watchword for TD and Smitty all year? Consistency.

Who is one of the most consistent performers in the entire draft? Graham.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:01 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

evidently the only reason for the lack of interest in Graham was his injury, we are all over him now (visits/workouts etc).

I say there is only a 10% chance we take Graham now. 90% chance the Patriots use a 2nd to leap us and take him. However IMO he will be the pick if we manage to get him on the board when we pick. We need to pray for the Pats to prefer Kindle

If we trade OUR 5th (not the comp) AND JA98 to a 3/4 team do you think that would be enough to get into the 4th round? IE Jamaal valued as a 5th rounder?

That would open up
1 Graham
3 combo RT/OC/LB/TE
3 combo RT/OC/LB/TE
4 combo RT/OC/LB/TE
4 combo RT/OC/LB/TE
5 combo WR/DT/BPA
6 combo WR/DT/BPA
6 combo WR/DT/BPA

as our selections. Id even consider bundling the 2 6ths for another 5th

In all likelyhood we arent gonna get a future #2 WR beyond the 3rd round (possible but unlikely) probably more a #4 finneran style guy. So you want a safe pick. I really like Freddie Barnes there in 2010 and then look at your stud athlete type early in 2011 draft

Last edited by DraftMichaelHuff : 04-09-2010 at 08:03 PM.
DraftMichaelHuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:03 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftMichaelHuff View Post
evidently the only reason for the lack of interest in Graham was his injury, we are all over him now (visits/workouts etc).

I say there is only a 10% chance we take Graham now. 90% chance the Patriots use a 2nd to leap us and take him. However IMO he will be the pick if we manage to get him on the board when we pick. We need to pray for the Pats to prefer Kindle

If we trade OUR 5th (not the comp) AND JA98 to a 3/4 team do you think that would be enough to get into the 4th round? IE Jamaal valued as a 5th rounder?

That would open up
1 Graham
3 combo RT/OC/LB/TE
3 combo RT/OC/LB/TE
4 combo RT/OC/LB/TE
4 combo RT/OC/LB/TE
5 combo WR/DT/BPA
6 combo WR/DT/BPA
6 combo WR/DT/BPA

as our selections. Id even consider bundling the 2 6ths for another 5th

In all likelyhood we arent gonna get a future #2 WR beyond the 3rd round (possible but unlikely) probably more a #4 finneran style guy. So you want a safe pick. I really like Freddie Barnes there in 2010 and then look at your stud athlete type early in 2011 draft
I just watched your avy for about 10 reps... ridiculous.

Anyway, I agree that there's a serious risk of the Pats trading ahead of us for Graham. I'd still expect TD to sit still and see what happens rather than trading up pre-emptively, unless four of his five guys have gone by #15 (let's say), at which point he may get twitchy.

I don't really see the point of trading JA98. We may as well give him one more year to see whether anything can be salvaged. Besides, I don't think there's much difference between a 4th and 5th rounder. Equally, I wouldn't bundle the 6ths for a 5th because I think there's a greater chance of getting one quality player from two 6ths than one 5th.

If I had to allocate a round to a position, I'd do this:

1: DE
3A: C
3B: LB
4: WR
5: OT
Old 04-15-2010, 09:19 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rod View Post
What has been the watchword for TD and Smitty all year? Consistency.

Who is one of the most consistent performers in the entire draft? Graham.
who else has? Jerry Hughes, Sean Weatherspoon and Derrick Morgan.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 04-18-2010, 03:51 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Nice little pre-draft article...

Falcons looking for better balance in draft
Sunday, Apr. 18, 2010 - 11:50 a.m. ET

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. -- Thomas Dimitroff finally gets to pick from a full deck of players.

Dimitroff, Atlanta's third-year general manager, says he had to practically eliminate half the draft pool the past two years. The Falcons' emphasis was offense in 2008, when quarterback Matt Ryan and offensive tackle Sam Baker were the first-round picks. The team took defensive players with seven of eight picks last year.

Beginning with the Falcons' No. 19 overall pick in the first round Thursday night, Dimitroff hopes to bring a more balanced class of rookies to Atlanta.

"It's going to be fun to jump back and take in the big picture and there will be some serious possibilities on both sides of the ball, whether it's early in the draft or whether it's late," Dimitroff said.

Dimitroff may look for pass-rush help with its opening pick. Two possibilities are Michigan defensive end Brandon Graham and Missouri outside linebacker Sean Weatherspoon.

Dimitroff said 19 of 20 mock drafts he has seen have the Falcons taking Graham. He said Graham is "obviously a very good football player." But he added: "We're not locked in on Brandon Graham."

The Falcons may need a new defensive end to join John Abraham on the four-man front. Jamaal Anderson, the team's 2007 first-round pick, has only 2 1/2 sacks in three years and will see more time at defensive tackle.

"Jamaal right now is working hard to put on some bulk to know that he's going to be in a situation where he'll swing inside and be expected to be outside as well," Dimitroff said. "I know we're in a spot right now to continue to get him more reps inside."

Coach Mike Smith said 2009 first-round pick Peria Jerry, the defensive tackle who missed most of his rookie season with a knee injury, can help the ends by boosting the inside pass rush.

"Sometimes we missed pressure up the middle when Peria Jerry went down," Smith said. "We felt like he was really coming along and could win some of those one-on-one battles."

Dimitroff said he's open to taking an offensive player, even a lineman, in the first round. Florida's Markuis Pouncey, who can play guard and center, is a possibility. Falcons starting center Todd McClure is 33.

"A (lineman) you'd consider at 19 would have to be a player who has dual-position value, a player who could come in and possibly start at one position and move to another position if the opportunity presented itself," Dimitroff said.

A possible long shot is Oklahoma tight end Jermaine Greshman, who visited the Falcons for a workout and would be viewed as the longtime successor for 34-year-old Tony Gonzalez.

The Falcons filled a top need by signing free-agent cornerback Dunta Robinson to a six-year, $57 million deal in March.

"What it really did was it did change the approach of this draft, drastically in my mind," Dimitroff said of Robinson. "It allowed us to pull back and truly contemplate the offensive side of the ball early as well."

Ryan said the Falcons, coming off back-to-back winning seasons for the first time in franchise history, no longer have to depend on rookie starters. Ryan and Baker started as rookies in 2008.

"There were a lot of things that needed to get put in place a couple years back," said Ryan, two years after he was the No. 3 overall pick.

Ryan, the 2008 NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year, is the new face of the Falcons who also is a big name away from Atlanta. EA Sports invited Ryan, Derek Jeter and Wayne Gretzky to New York last week for its "Champions of Gaming" show.

"At this point I really feel like we've got the right pieces in the right places - and we're young, too," Ryan said. "We need to add depth, for sure, and we need to fill in some holes, but I feel like we've got a very young, very talented team that's capable of playing well next year."

The new prime-time format for the first two nights of the draft provides a good setting for a wider TV audience to watch trades develop. Dimitroff says "we decided as an organization" to allow the NFL Network to have a camera - but no microphone - in the team's draft room for picks 17 through 19.

Dimitroff acknowledged the decision to grant TV access is a surprise "because I'm quite guarded about the draft room."

The GM said he is "definitely very interested" in trading down in the first round to add a second-round pick. The Falcons gave up this year's second-round pick in last year's trade for Gonzalez.

Dimitroff, the former director of college scouting with the Patriots, named New England, Philadelphia, Denver and Tampa Bay as teams which might give up a second-round selection.

"Again, because this is a strong draft and there are some very good picks, we feel, in that 19 to 32 area as well as definitely into the second and third round, it's definitely worthy of discussion," he said.

Added Smith, who joins Dimitroff in the draft decisions: "There's going to be value in all rounds at all positions."
Old 04-18-2010, 06:11 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Final board...

1. Dez
2. JPP
3. Spiller
4. Graham
5. Spoon
6. Kindle
7. Pouncey
8. Morgan
9. Gresham
10. Iupati
11. Jerry Hughes
12. Daryl Washington

Some mid-late guys I'd like: McCluster, John Jerry, Carlton Mitchell, Jimmy Graham, Perrish Cox, O'Brien Schofield, Navarro Bowman, Rennie Curan, Matt Tennant, Greg Hardy, Dekoda Watson, Owusu-Ansah, Javier Arenas, Mryon Rolle.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

I don't know about that big board. Dez has character concerns, something we look heavily at. JPP is an athlete, but not productive. I have Morgan over him. Spiller has some injury concerns. Graham is safe but spoon is out there with character. Kindle is a very dumb man, im pretty certain we won't draft him.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 04-18-2010, 09:55 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
I don't know about that big board. Dez has character concerns, something we look heavily at. JPP is an athlete, but not productive. I have Morgan over him. Spiller has some injury concerns. Graham is safe but spoon is out there with character. Kindle is a very dumb man, im pretty certain we won't draft him.

That's my personal one. I probably can whip out a TD guess.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

That's about how my personal would look but i'd have JPP and Kindle at the bottom.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 04-18-2010, 10:01 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
That's about how my personal would look but i'd have JPP and Kindle at the bottom.

Think you are overrating intelligence. Not all that important for DE/OLB. I do understand the other concerns about both though.