Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 03-30-2010, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right i just decided...i am inlove with Joe Haden. My man crush of the draft at the moment.

How far you guys think we'd have to trade up to get him, and what would it cost?

Not a likely scenario, but i would buzz if it happened!
Old 03-30-2010, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
Right i just decided...i am inlove with Joe Haden. My man crush of the draft at the moment.

How far you guys think we'd have to trade up to get him, and what would it cost?

Not a likely scenario, but i would buzz if it happened!
I've heard rumors that he could fall out of the top 10. Not sure how, but in such a case a trade up with Jaguars would be possible. They want Tebow, he'll be available at 18, we take Haden at 10.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 10:13 AM    (permalink
BJJ3rd
Rookie

BJJ3rd BJJ3rd BJJ3rd BJJ3rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
I've heard rumors that he could fall out of the top 10. Not sure how, but in such a case a trade up with Jaguars would be possible. They want Tebow, he'll be available at 18, we take Haden at 10.
Agreed. Was just about to post that same trade possibility by myself. If the Steelers really like Haden, and he falls out of the top 10, I wouldn't at all be surprised if they go and get him. Part of me thinks Kyle Wilson is their man of Haden though. I would love to grab Haden though too.

Sig By BoneKrusher
BJJ3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 10:14 AM    (permalink
BJJ3rd
Rookie

And btw Jakey, I've been curious...who is that in your sig??? haha. one of the more unusual sigs on this board so i figured i'd ask.

Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 03-31-2010, 11:10 AM    (permalink
SteelCityNightmare
Rookie

SteelCityNightmare hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Its the lead singer from Paramore I believe.
SteelCityNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:12 AM    (permalink
BJJ3rd
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityNightmare View Post
Its the lead singer from Paramore I believe.
o ok. yeah i just googled her and it does look like her. thanks

Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 03-31-2010, 12:16 PM    (permalink
BJJ3rd
Rookie

The following CBs are visiting the Steelers today...

* Kyle Wilson
* Kareem Jackson
* Nolan Carroll

I'm starting to like Kyle Wilson more and more everyday, and would love Jackson in the 2nd. Doubt he falls that far though.

Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 03-31-2010, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Pitt
Veteran

Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.

If the Jaguars were concerned about fans by bringing in Tebow, why not just draft local Joe Haden at #10?

I can't see Haden getting by them. They can always trade up in the 2nd or trade back into the first round to get Tebow.

So I think we'd have to trade with Buffalo at 9.
Pitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 12:42 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol you think haden is a similar local hero to tebow? hes like a god down there...they dont just want to draft local (although they did just draft nelson and harvey very high) but tebow is a ticket selling icon down there, something a corner could never be
Old 03-31-2010, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Pitt
Veteran

Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
lol you think haden is a similar local hero to tebow? hes like a god down there...they dont just want to draft local (although they did just draft nelson and harvey very high) but tebow is a ticket selling icon down there, something a corner could never be
No one is comparing anything. Tebow would be a major reach. By drafting Haden, you're bringing in another local player that they've been hearing about in the news for the last few years.

You just made my point with Nelson and Harvey.

They can get Tebow in the 2nd.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:01 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt View Post
No one is comparing anything. Tebow would be a major reach. By drafting Haden, you're bringing in another local player that they've been hearing about in the news for the last few years.

You just made my point with Nelson and Harvey.

They can get Tebow in the 2nd.
but a CB wont sell tickets, tebow by himself could sell out that stadium, that would be the goal of drafting tebow. i know he would be a major reach, hes a 5th round prospect at best with a legendary resume. i dont think just drafting florida players is their concern at this point...they want tebow, the average jaguar fans have been chanting it for months (not the ones that realize he sucks)

i agree hands down that haden would be the better pick and its not even close, they might really want their man though
Old 03-31-2010, 01:38 PM    (permalink
BJJ3rd
Rookie

i agree with k train there. tebow will sell tickets like no other down there in jacksonville. haden won't sell any more tickets except for a few here and there to family and friends.

i'm not going to complete go out of my way to say tebow sucks though like k train did lol. i'll give him a few years before making my judgement there. he was one hell of a college player. one of the best of all time. right now he isn't an NFL-type QB at all, but who knows what he could be in 3 or 4 years with the kind of heart and passion he has. not saying tebow is a 1st round pick. nor a 2nd or 3rd for that matter, but i'm just not going to count him out yet.

and another thing, i think JAX is the best place for tebow to land. he'll have so much support down there and the majority of their fans will be ecstatic that he's a jaguar and his haters will not even be noticed. but if he goes elsewhere, fans won't be as pumped and the haters could tear him apart. not saying this would affect tebow and I think he has a lot of confidence in himself, but its never a bad thing to have support.

Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 03-31-2010, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt View Post
If the Jaguars were concerned about fans by bringing in Tebow, why not just draft local Joe Haden at #10?

I can't see Haden getting by them. They can always trade up in the 2nd or trade back into the first round to get Tebow.

So I think we'd have to trade with Buffalo at 9.
Tebow is from Jacksonville. He's local. Haden is from Maryland.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJJ3rd View Post
The following CBs are visiting the Steelers today...

* Kyle Wilson
* Kareem Jackson
* Nolan Carroll

I'm starting to like Kyle Wilson more and more everyday, and would love Jackson in the 2nd. Doubt he falls that far though.
Joe Webb and Albert McClennan are also visiting. You post on IPS, right?
Old 03-31-2010, 02:28 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nolan Carroll!!

UMD Represent!

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

We were at the Texas Pro Day. I doubt Earl Thomas is there at 18.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:56 PM    (permalink
skarocksoi
Veteran

skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
We were at the Texas Pro Day. I doubt Earl Thomas is there at 18.
Yeah, he ran something in the mid 4.3's according to movethesticks twitter. I don't know how much of a difference that would make to teams at this point though. Most teams probably realize that he is one of the better safety prospects and could possibly be a CB as well. I really think he is a perfect 1st rnd choice for us as he could possibly fill a need at 1 of 2 positions.
skarocksoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

We are looking at him as a corner from what I have read.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:40 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

tomlin needs to grow some balls and move up to get thomas
Old 03-31-2010, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
tomlin needs to grow some balls and move up to get thomas
I don't think he has final say. I think he has imput, but Colbert and the Rooneys have most of the deciding factor IMO.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Pitt
Veteran

Thomas also pulled his hamstring and didn't finish the workout.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:05 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

in that case i would definitely not touch him before the 18th pick if i were any other team
Old 03-31-2010, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Forum mock finished.

1. OG Mike Iupati - Idaho
2. S Chad Jones - LSU
3. RB Toby Gerhart - Stanford
4. WR Andre Roberts - The Citadel
4. CB Jerome Murphy - South Florida
5. LB Dekoda Watson - Florida State
5. QB Jevan Snead - Ole Miss
5. RB Charles Scott - LSU

Thoughts?

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 03-31-2010, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I do not like the Watson pick.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
I do not like the Watson pick.
I was thinking ILB for him. I know people like him as a 4-3 OLB, but he bulked up well for the Senior Bowl to 232 and still has speed.

Sorta, kinda, reminded me of Timmons.

Props to clover_jeez!