Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 07-15-2010, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Charlie Batch has got nothing but praise for Dennis Dixon.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com...lers?ref=yahoo

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 03:44 PM    (permalink
bce
Veteran

bce bce bce bce bce bce bce bce bce bce bce

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenorx View Post
I obviously can't listen to media hype cause I live in Hungary, I can see things in a different objective, without listening to so much media :P By the way Charlie Batch also has 2 Super Bowl rings, so he should also start for us? No, I've just watched our games a lot, and Starks is just simply bad. He doesn't only let people sack BB, but he also steps in his way :D I'll never forget the moment when BB fell to the ground thanks to Starks. And as for Allen, he is not that bad against big guys, but he is bad against speedy guys.
Charlie batch wasnt the starter with 2 super bowl rings.

Im going to let you slide since youre from hungary. Future reference dont step to me. Youre way below your steeler knowledge level and experience level. And dont listen to the steeler nation if you really want to have a knowledge and understanding of what they do. They dont sign players to huge contracts because they "have to" and you arent the starter on 2 super bowl winning teams because you're "bad"
bce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bce View Post
Charlie batch wasnt the starter with 2 super bowl rings.

Im going to let you slide since youre from hungary. Future reference dont step to me. Youre way below your steeler knowledge level and experience level. And dont listen to the steeler nation if you really want to have a knowledge and understanding of what they do. They dont sign players to huge contracts because they "have to" and you arent the starter on 2 super bowl winning teams because you're "bad"
You're one arrogant son of a *****.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:02 PM    (permalink
bce
Veteran

Im only arrogant when people step to me. And i told him why he was wrong and gave him some excellent advice if he really wants to understand whats going on not just regurgitate iron city induced vomit of the steeler nation.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:31 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
You're one arrogant son of a *****.

just put him on your ignore list...i did.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:36 PM    (permalink
bce
Veteran

you mean the "fear" list
Old 07-17-2010, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Im only arrogant when people step to me. And i told him why he was wrong and gave him some excellent advice if he really wants to understand whats going on not just regurgitate iron city induced vomit of the steeler nation.
Let me ask you this. If Starks is so good, why was he benched in favor of Willie Colon a few years ago? The only reason why he is a starter on this team and gets the money he is getting is because there is noone else out there to get. He's the best we can get right now. Do I think he's terrible? No. Do I think you overrate him a lot? Yes. I'm not going to get into this little feud with you because you're too ******* ignorant and stubborn to admit you're wrong. Your knowledge is why people hate Steeler fans. It's people like you that brings out our bad kind. But whatever, do what you want and make the biggest ass out of yourself as you can. I don't even care.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 07-17-2010, 06:46 PM    (permalink
bce
Veteran

If hes so bad why did they give him a huge contract and why is he a two time super bowl winning starting tackle?

I dont operate under the premise that steelers hand out huge contracts to players because they "have to", and i dont operate under the premise that players who are 2 time super bowl winning starting tackles who the team obviouslky felt comfortable paying big money to are bad players. They could have signed or drafted a myriad of tackles and they could of let max starks go several times. But they didnt. They paid him. And they dont just pay guys, the steelers dont just pay players. They pay their key assets.

The problem with the steeler nation is they think they know more than the steelers do. Im certainly not going to sit here like you and opine about how they did the wrong thing when they are far more knowledgeable and have a proven blueprint for success.

What they do works, who they pay works. So if they pay someone, im not going to criticize or pretend that i know more about it than they do like the steeler nation days. The only thing im saying is what they said to you and all the other herd. This is our guy this guy helps us win super bowls and we're going to pay him. Thats good enough for me, and ill put my trust in those who have proven success and leave the questioning to the steeler nation, because somewhere in your mind youve decided the steeler front offiec is wrong and you are right.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Max Starks is a better left tackle than Joe Thomas because of his rings, bitches. Deal with it.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 07:38 PM    (permalink
bce
Veteran

The steelers obviously think hes good enough to pay huge money to.

And we all know from watching the real reason why everyone loves joe thomas and why joe thomas goes to pro bowls. Its certainly not because of his play vs the black and gold, when hes our BEEEOOOTCH twice a year
Old 07-18-2010, 01:53 AM    (permalink
tenorx
Rookie

tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Its certainly not because of his play vs the black and gold, when hes our BEEEOOOTCH twice a year
You do know that in our first game against the Browns in 2009 he didn't even allow a pressure to the QB, and in the second only a pressure? 0 sacks.
Starks allowed 1 sack + 1 hit in the first game then 2 hits against the fearsome Cleveland defense. Maybe my knowledge isn't the best, but I do know that franchising then signing Starks was our only option when we did it.
"Not only is Polamalu the best player in the AFC North, but I feel he's the best defensive player in the entire NFL. No defender in the league combines world-class athleticism, smarts, fundamentals, natural football instincts and the knack for big plays better than Polamalu."
tenorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 07:24 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Starks is an average starting tackle at best. I dont think hes worth the money we gave him, but I don't think hes a terrible player either. If we didnt pay him, we'd be in a worse spot.

Unless of course we traded up for Oher like I wanted to. Or took Gaither in the supplemental, like I wanted to.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 01:42 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Starks is an average starting tackle at best. I dont think hes worth the money we gave him, but I don't think hes a terrible player either. If we didnt pay him, we'd be in a worse spot.

Unless of course we traded up for Oher like I wanted to. Or took Gaither in the supplemental, like I wanted to.
I completely agree

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I'll have the new thread up by tonight. I decided to change my mind. hahaha. 12 more days!
Old 07-19-2010, 03:30 AM    (permalink
Phillysteeler
Rookie

Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When was it that Starks got a huge payout? His current contract that he signed in 09 is 4 years 26.3 million with only 10 guaranteed. According to the book Blind Side: The Evolution of a Game by Michael Lewis, in 2005, the average pay of a starting left tackle was 7.25 million a year. That number is probably higher now considering salaries go up pretty much every year. Starks average salary for the deal is 6.575. So at best he is payed average, when high end outliers are accounted for, or if you just took the raw data he is actually payed below the average for a starter. That puts him where all the actually fans put him. Average. A decent starter. Won't be a problem, but won't wow you either.
Phillysteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:12 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If hes so bad why did they give him a huge contract and why is he a two time super bowl winning starting tackle?

I dont operate under the premise that steelers hand out huge contracts to players because they "have to", and i dont operate under the premise that players who are 2 time super bowl winning starting tackles who the team obviouslky felt comfortable paying big money to are bad players. They could have signed or drafted a myriad of tackles and they could of let max starks go several times. But they didnt. They paid him. And they dont just pay guys, the steelers dont just pay players. They pay their key assets.

The problem with the steeler nation is they think they know more than the steelers do. Im certainly not going to sit here like you and opine about how they did the wrong thing when they are far more knowledgeable and have a proven blueprint for success.

What they do works, who they pay works. So if they pay someone, im not going to criticize or pretend that i know more about it than they do like the steeler nation days. The only thing im saying is what they said to you and all the other herd. This is our guy this guy helps us win super bowls and we're going to pay him. Thats good enough for me, and ill put my trust in those who have proven success and leave the questioning to the steeler nation, because somewhere in your mind youve decided the steeler front offiec is wrong and you are right.
this is what makes me hate steeler fans, this rah rah the front office knows best woooooo 6 rings they never make a mistake ********

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pouncey's name is now on the news. Nothing too serious NFL wise, but it could tarnish his college career image or something. Nothing too big. Especially to what we've seen this offseason.

Per Rotoworld:

The NCAA is reportedly investigating allegations that people with ties to an agent paid Steelers first-round pick Maurkice Pouncey $100,000 prior to Florida's Sugar Bowl win over Cincinnati last December.
While Florida did report the possible violation to the NCAA, the school could forfeit its bowl victory if the allegations are proven true. Like with Reggie Bush, this is notable for Pouncey's mindset, but a bigger concern for his college than his NFL team. Pouncey is not in danger of league discipline.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5392159

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 07-19-2010, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Phillysteeler
Rookie

Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I read that on espn. It said in the ESPN article that Florida also reported it to the police and it could be a violation of Florida's agent registration laws. I don't really know what that even means or if it would affect Pouncey or the person handing out the money. I figure even if it was for Pouncey it would amount to nothing anyway.
Phillysteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:49 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

even if it happened pouncey can just laugh at the punishment florida gets and cash his NFL checks

Quote:
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:26 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very very Early Walter's Football Mock has us taking...

1.Aaron Williams CB Texas

2.Jerrell Powe DT Ole Miss

I like these picks, these or Oline in some form or fashion works for me.

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyStat View Post
Very very Early Walter's Football Mock has us taking...

1.Aaron Williams CB Texas

2.Jerrell Powe DT Ole Miss

I like these picks, these or Oline in some form or fashion works for me.
Pretty good picks. Williams can be a good corner and Powe is the best 3-4 NT available (thus far).

O-Line would be another way to go in the 1st. Or Jonathan Baldwin. I love me some Jonathan Baldwin.

I know a couple of you guys would rather take O-line or something else in the first, but Baldwin, IMO, is special. Local talent, going to be a monster, plus he's the big talented WR Ben has been asking for since two, three years ago.

Wallace going deep and Baldwin going up. Unstoppable...

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 07-19-2010, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any early predictionas? Im gonna throw some random ones out there, just because im bored and this off-season is taking way too long! :)

1: Both Lamarr Woodley and James Harrison have 12 sacks.
2: Lawrence Timmons has 100+ tackles.
3: Keenan Lewis starts 2+ games.
4: Sonny Harris outplays Nick Eason but still gets left behind.
5: Big Ben throws 20+ touchdowns.
6: Mendy runs for over 1400 yards.
7: Mike Wallace outperforms Santonio from last year.
8: Heath Miller has 10 TD's.
9: Ramon Foster plays a big role.
10: Jonathan Dwyer has 5+ TD's.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:34 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
Any early predictionas? Im gonna throw some random ones out there, just because im bored and this off-season is taking way too long! :)

1: Both Lamarr Woodley and James Harrison have 12 sacks.
2: Lawrence Timmons has 100+ tackles.
3: Keenan Lewis starts 2+ games.
4: Sonny Harris outplays Nick Eason but still gets left behind.
5: Big Ben throws 20+ touchdowns.
6: Mendy runs for over 1400 yards.
7: Mike Wallace outperforms Santonio from last year.
8: Heath Miller has 10 TD's.
9: Ramon Foster plays a big role.
10: Jonathan Dwyer has 5+ TD's.
i could see everything happening except timmons getting 100, id say about 80 like last year and maybe cracking 10 sacks and a pick or 2

im gonna say hood has less than 2 starts and 1 sack, maybe less
logan makes the final roster
troy plays 14 games
*** leads the team in picks playing NB
mike wallace out performs every WR in the divison including chad, boldin, ect
ward gets 100 receptions on the year for the second time in his career, but does it in a more underneath/slot way so yard totals will be down

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:21 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
i could see everything happening except timmons getting 100, id say about 80 like last year and maybe cracking 10 sacks and a pick or 2

im gonna say hood has less than 2 starts and 1 sack, maybe less
logan makes the final roster
troy plays 14 games
*** leads the team in picks playing NB
mike wallace out performs every WR in the divison including chad, boldin, ect
ward gets 100 receptions on the year for the second time in his career, but does it in a more underneath/slot way so yard totals will be down
Yeah, unless Timmons switches to mack, he's going to have a very tough time getting 100 tackles.

I can see most of those happening, definitely the Logan and Polamalu ones, the Gai one maybe, though I think Polamalu gets more if he does play 14 games. That Wallace one is tricky, but I'd love for it to happen.

Props to clover_jeez!