Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 07-20-2010, 10:01 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

and im gonna say pouncey starts at center sooner rather than later and hartwig gets mahan'd for a 7th round pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
and im gonna say pouncey starts at center sooner rather than later and hartwig gets mahan'd for a 7th round pick
Lol, mahan'd. And I actually agree with Pouncey-at-center. I think he could be starting there mid-season or something. Maybe after facing Shaun Rogers and Halti Ngata once each or something, just to kind of get a grasp of what they're capable of,

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 04:30 PM    (permalink
tenorx
Rookie

tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.

http://insidepittsburghsports.com/st...agement/27758/
If we lose the best OLB I've ever seen I'll be very-very-very-very disappointed in the whole FO.
"Not only is Polamalu the best player in the AFC North, but I feel he's the best defensive player in the entire NFL. No defender in the league combines world-class athleticism, smarts, fundamentals, natural football instincts and the knack for big plays better than Polamalu."
tenorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenorx View Post
If we lose the best OLB I've ever seen I'll be very-very-very-very disappointed in the whole FO.
I'll never forgive Kevin Colbert and co. if they let Woodley leave. He's the future for our defense.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 07-20-2010, 06:12 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

articles like that make me sad

Quote:
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Send him to Philly. We'll pair him with Brandon Graham. Don't worry, we would take good care of him.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:06 PM    (permalink
bce
Veteran

bce bce bce bce bce bce bce bce bce bce bce

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
this is what makes me hate steeler fans, this rah rah the front office knows best woooooo 6 rings they never make a mistake ********

They dont make many, especially in personnel.

What I hate about the steeler nation is that 90% of them just use football to get chicks and then have the audacity to say that the steelers front office makes mistakes while theyre walking through hines field arm in arm with their lady friend with their jive pink #7 shirts drunk on ic light hoping that the steeler game date was enough for them to get lucky.
bce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:06 PM    (permalink
tenorx
Rookie

tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Send him to Philly. We'll pair him with Brandon Graham. Don't worry, we would take good care of him.
Man you just made me cry... Graham was my favorite prospect this year after McClain ( I even drafted him for my GM team on the hungarian forums :P ). We shouldn't treat one of our best players like that...
"Not only is Polamalu the best player in the AFC North, but I feel he's the best defensive player in the entire NFL. No defender in the league combines world-class athleticism, smarts, fundamentals, natural football instincts and the knack for big plays better than Polamalu."
Old 07-20-2010, 07:10 PM    (permalink
bce
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
Lol, mahan'd. And I actually agree with Pouncey-at-center. I think he could be starting there mid-season or something. Maybe after facing Shaun Rogers and Halti Ngata once each or something, just to kind of get a grasp of what they're capable of,
Thats certainly why they drafted him. It would be against the mold though for him to play a lot this year. Polumalu, woodley none of those guys played. The idea that this guy is going to break the mold, i dont see it. Maybe late in the year, if some injuries occur. I love markice pouncey. Take that 100 g and put florida on probation and be in black and gold. Now i know how a guy with no working parents can afford a huge gold medallion he was sporting draft day.

Woodleys not going anywhere. After next year theyre going to move #7(tears) and he'll get paid huge.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bce View Post
Now i know how a guy with no working parents can afford a huge gold medallion he was sporting draft day.
Whether Pouncey took the $100K is irrelevant to his gold medallion. Prospects routinely get loans from their agents before the draft. A first-round lock like Pouncey would have received a hell of a lot more than $100K from his agent before the draft.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:23 PM    (permalink
bce
Veteran

its relevant as to whether florida gets in trouble, which after all these years of obvious rule breaking st urban will probably get caught, and he'll pete carrol his way into the nfl, probably reunite with tebow in some grand publicity stunt to revolutionize the nfl, the tuck tail like nick saban back to the colleg ranks where he can just get the best players all the time and not have to actually coach to win.

Thanks markice and your gold medallion!
Old 07-20-2010, 07:28 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

idk how you manage you spew garbage in every single post, its actually kind of impressive

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:34 PM    (permalink
bce
Veteran

its pure gold
Old 07-20-2010, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bce View Post
its relevant as to whether florida gets in trouble
Right, of course it is. However, that wasn't the point of your initial post.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:21 PM    (permalink
bce
Veteran

I like to see "saints" proven as sinners. And i have the medallion man to thank for that.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:26 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Dangit, now the Woodley story is on the cover of Yahoo!

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 07-21-2010, 09:54 AM    (permalink
Steelersfan4life
Rookie

Steelersfan4life hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Steelersfan4life hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If Woodley does become a free agent, does he become a RFA or UFA? And if he is a RFA can't we put a draft pick on him incase we lose him? Or is all of this pending on a new CBA?
Steelersfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 09:58 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelersfan4life View Post
If Woodley does become a free agent, does he become a RFA or UFA? And if he is a RFA can't we put a draft pick on him incase we lose him? Or is all of this pending on a new CBA?
All of it is pending on the new CBA.

We can't sign him because of the 30% rule, which basically means we can't give him a lucrative deal. 30% more than the less-than-a-million he's earning is definitely underpaying him.

So, with a CBA, he'd most likely be an UFA. And since there is a possibility that there will no longer be a franchise tag, things could get ugly. If he is an UFA and there is no franchise tag, the team needs to pony up and fast. If there is a franchise tag, then it's not too worrisome.

And if he's a restricted free agent, there's no way he leaves. Someone would offer him a deal, and we'd match it. If not, we'd get a first and third round pick.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 07-21-2010, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Don't know if you guys use ProFootballFocus much, but I've been looking at stats right now, and our offensive line truly sucks.

I know this isn't an end-all-be-all source and that it's kind of ambiguous and whatnot, but it's good for reference and discussion.

Here's how our offensive line ranks.

LT: Starks was the 25th best tackle in the league, out of 77 ranked.
LG: Kemoeatu was the 50th best guard in the league, out of 84 ranked.
C: Hartwig was the worst center in the league, out of 34 ranked.
RG: Essex was the worst guard in the league, out of 84 ranked.
RT: Colon was the third best tackle in the league, out of 77 ranked.

Other than Colon, Starks is mediocre and the rest downright pathetic. Kemo is lower than I'd thought he'd be, and Hartwig and Essex are just downright embarrassing.

http://profootballfocus.com/by_posit...=25&numgames=1

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 07-21-2010, 12:37 PM    (permalink
tenorx
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
Don't know if you guys use ProFootballFocus much, but I've been looking at stats right now, and our offensive line truly sucks.

I know this isn't an end-all-be-all source and that it's kind of ambiguous and whatnot, but it's good for reference and discussion.

Here's how our offensive line ranks.

LT: Starks was the 25th best tackle in the league, out of 77 ranked.
LG: Kemoeatu was the 50th best guard in the league, out of 84 ranked.
C: Hartwig was the worst center in the league, out of 34 ranked.
RG: Essex was the worst guard in the league, out of 84 ranked.
RT: Colon was the third best tackle in the league, out of 77 ranked.

Other than Colon, Starks is mediocre and the rest downright pathetic. Kemo is lower than I'd thought he'd be, and Hartwig and Essex are just downright embarrassing.

http://profootballfocus.com/by_posit...=25&numgames=1
Yep, I use it a lot, even linked this in the Colon missing season thread I think :) Well, Colon is a bit overrated, but the others just suck.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

:(

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 07-21-2010, 02:44 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

hartwig has been the worst 2 years running

mahan was only the second worst

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:04 PM    (permalink
tenorx
Rookie

The Steelers have signed veteran T Adrian Jones, 29, 6-4, 330. He has started 26 games at LT, RT and RG during a 5-year NFL career. To make room on the roster, the team put Willie Colon on IR. More on Steelers.com.

Thats the solution? Seriously? MAN?!
Old 07-21-2010, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
The Steelers have signed veteran T Adrian Jones, 29, 6-4, 330. He has started 26 games at LT, RT and RG during a 5-year NFL career. To make room on the roster, the team put Willie Colon on IR. More on Steelers.com.

Thats the solution? Seriously? MAN?!
Well, ****.

I'd rather have signed Flo Adams. If you couldn't make it on the Chiefs or Texans' o-line in recent years, you're bad.

Oh well. At least there's better competition now, though to be honest that's not saying much. Hopefully he surprises us all.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 07-21-2010, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Steelersfan4life
Rookie

Steelersfan4life hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Steelersfan4life hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This may be ignorant but how hard could it be for our o-line to run block. While Ben is gone, lets have a heavy rushing attack on offense. Hammer the ball inside and out, get the defense tired, and simply play old fashion, blue-collar steeler football. I know this may be oblivious to Arians but, it seemed last year that our defense would get the job done and when our offense gets on the field we throw it around, take a few sacks, and while it does work beautifully at times, it often leads to our defense getting no rest what-so-ever. And playing 4 quarters with a tired defense cannot lead to good things, a la numerous defensive meltdowns in the 4th. I am well aware of the fact that Leftwich and Dixon are very capable QBs, but how about playing some smart football. Run the ball, control the clock, limit turnovers, and have a well-rested, dominant defense- all of these things are more than possible and given history it's bound to turn out nicely.

/End Rant

I haven't been on in a while and I figured I might as well throw in my two cents.
Steelersfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote