Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 07-21-2010, 07:37 PM    (permalink
tenorx
Rookie

tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.

Yes, but I think the problem is that without Ben everyone will assume that we will run the ball a lot, even Tomlin got instructed to do it by Rooney. So what I hope we'll do is a lot of rush, then attack in the air after fake handoffs, just when the defense is ready to stuff Mendenhall back. Maybe we can make it happen.
"Not only is Polamalu the best player in the AFC North, but I feel he's the best defensive player in the entire NFL. No defender in the league combines world-class athleticism, smarts, fundamentals, natural football instincts and the knack for big plays better than Polamalu."
tenorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 03:01 AM    (permalink
Phillysteeler
Rookie

Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We could also maybe look to get Mendenhall involved in the passing game more with short dumpoffs to him similar to a west coast "rushing" attack. That would keep the defense honest, be similar to a run and we still could extend drives.
Phillysteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Steelersfan4life
Rookie

Steelersfan4life hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Steelersfan4life hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yeah if we could start a game off with a play action pass deep to Wallace, the defense will have that stuck in the back of their head all game.
Steelersfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelersfan4life View Post
Yeah if we could start a game off with a play action pass deep to Wallace, the defense will have that stuck in the back of their head all game.
Kinda like vs. the Packers, I believe it was.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry I haven't posted the new thread yet. I'm in Pittsburgh and I have limited internet access. When I do have the internet, it's stone aged type of **** and it goes slow. This weekend I'll have it up since I"ll have my laptop and WiFi.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damnit Arians! You never learn!

"Offensive coordinator Bruce Arians doesn't necessarily agree with owner Art Rooney II and coach Mike Tomlin that the Steelers need to lean more heavily on the running game in 2010.
"We need to run the ball better," Arians said, "not necessarily more." Good for him. Despite sporting the most dynamic offense in Steelers history, Arians has come under fire in Pittsburgh for not emphasizing the run of late. His goal is to fix the short-yardage issues from last year. Arians acknowledged that Rashard Mendenhall fared well at the goal-line, but Mendy also struggled in third-and-short situations. Tomlin confirmed that short-yardage duties will be up for grabs in training camp."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_691409.html

Props to clover_jeez!

Last edited by Mr. Goosemahn : 07-22-2010 at 04:40 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Sorry I haven't posted the new thread yet. I'm in Pittsburgh and I have limited internet access. When I do have the internet, it's stone aged type of **** and it goes slow. This weekend I'll have it up since I"ll have my laptop and WiFi.
Cool beans. Are you going to training camp this summer?

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 07-22-2010, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
Cool beans. Are you going to training camp this summer?
2 times for all I know. I talk to Emmanuel Sanders at least once a day and he and I are friends now. I hope he can hook me up with some players to get autographs. He's such a down to earth kid.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:36 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
2 times for all I know. I talk to Emmanuel Sanders at least once a day and he and I are friends now. I hope he can hook me up with some players to get autographs. He's such a down to earth kid.
For real? Through Facebook or where? I've got to start chatting with some players, man, only players I've ever talked with are local soccer players, but most aren't worth ****, lol.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 07-23-2010, 12:50 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

I think I found him and left him a message. Let's see if it's him and if he answers me back.

And it'd be awesome if he could hook you up with autographs and to talk to other players.

That way you can come back here and give us all the inside scoop ;)

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 07-23-2010, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

He hasn't been on lately because he's training for camp. I'm sure you'll get a message from him, though. Just write on his wall and pray he replies back. He's a funny dude and I like how he interacts with allthe fans and doesn't take this thing for granted.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:45 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
He hasn't been on lately because he's training for camp. I'm sure you'll get a message from him, though. Just write on his wall and pray he replies back. He's a funny dude and I like how he interacts with allthe fans and doesn't take this thing for granted.
Woohoo! He responded.

Also, Dixon's agent is publicly stating he should be given a chance to start, and he doesn't understand why a guy who wasn't with the team will start ahead of Dixon.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_691596.html

I guess we'll see how it plays out.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 07-23-2010, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Tomlin's extension is actually for two years, with the third being an option year.

Per Rotoworld:
The Steelers announced Friday that head coach Mike Tomlin's extension is only for two years.
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette had reported it as a three-year extension, but the 2013 season is actually an "Option Year." The Steelers won't let Tomlin get that far into the deal anyway if he's performing to expectations.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...ort=NFL&id=687

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 07-24-2010, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cowher's wife died

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5406440
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
:( Sad news.

RIP Kaye Cowher, thoughts and prayers are with the Cowher family.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 07-24-2010, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Yeah I was going to post that, but my computer was super slow. I have my laptop now. RIP Kaye Cowher.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

There's a tour of the Steelers facilities on steelers.com, given by Brett Keisel.

He says that Mundy's going to be a good player. Lets hope he's right.

http://www.steelers.com/video-and-au...a-1c6ad6fca7e3

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 07-24-2010, 10:28 PM    (permalink
bce
Veteran

bce bce bce bce bce bce bce bce bce bce bce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelersfan4life View Post
This may be ignorant but how hard could it be for our o-line to run block. While Ben is gone, lets have a heavy rushing attack on offense. Hammer the ball inside and out, get the defense tired, and simply play old fashion, blue-collar steeler football. I know this may be oblivious to Arians but, it seemed last year that our defense would get the job done and when our offense gets on the field we throw it around, take a few sacks, and while it does work beautifully at times, it often leads to our defense getting no rest what-so-ever. And playing 4 quarters with a tired defense cannot lead to good things, a la numerous defensive meltdowns in the 4th. I am well aware of the fact that Leftwich and Dixon are very capable QBs, but how about playing some smart football. Run the ball, control the clock, limit turnovers, and have a well-rested, dominant defense- all of these things are more than possible and given history it's bound to turn out nicely.

/End Rant

I haven't been on in a while and I figured I might as well throw in my two cents.

Not easy to do without threat of passing game.
bce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 09:49 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...53#post2240353

It's up!!!! Hopefully Shane can sticky it.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:41 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys, hows it going? Can one of you give me an update on Ziggy Hood? Is he a bust, or just haven't been given a chance?

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 12:20 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-I-P View Post
Hey guys, hows it going? Can one of you give me an update on Ziggy Hood? Is he a bust, or just haven't been given a chance?
hes been playing relatively well in place of smith...

our 3/4 DL dont get a lot of recognition and while hes played well he hasnt done anything to distinguish himself on a national level

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:37 PM    (permalink
steelersfan2011
Rookie

steelersfan2011 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.steelersfan2011 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ziggy Hood has been a force on his side especially against the Ravens where he forced double teams and allowed Timmons to have a field day. Hood has had a sack in each of his last 3 games and against the Ravens had four tackles and one assist. On many of the Harrison Sacks Hood came to hit Flacco seconds after. Ziggy has played exeptionally and I look foward to seeing him mature more as a player and allow the Steelers to send 3 guys and still get pressure.
steelersfan2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok got a question fourm mock tonight i am making the Steelers pick. What is a bigger need for the Steelers CB or OL?

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:14 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CB unless its pouncey or carimi at 31

Id take aaron williams or jimmy smith in a heartbeat...id even be inclined to reach for ras-i or curtis brown if i had to rather than take sherrod, solder, watkins, or ijalana
Old 04-07-2011, 11:16 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-I-P View Post
he was pathetically bad until his last 5 or so games...he was being brutalized and thrown on his ass way to much for being a LDE in a 34. at the end of the year he was much better though, id still rather have him play on the right side and get heyward for the left...evander is an attacking dlineman, hes be better in keisels role