Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 04-29-2009, 07:26 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default If the 2010 draft was tomorrow....

What would our top three needs be? And who would we take in round one?

I'd probably say:
QB, DT, DE

I'd love to see us take any of the following, it obviously depends where we were drafting:

-Terrance Cody: Eventual replacement for Pat Williams. A giant space eater who would open things up for Kevin Williams and Jared Allen.

-Jevan Snead: At this point it looks like he will be the 2nd rated QB. I don't know if we will be picking high enough to land him though.

-Greg Hardy: A great defensive end who should be awesome opposite Jared Allen.

Last edited by hagy34 : 04-29-2009 at 09:20 PM.
hagy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:18 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd probably agree with you on the needs.
For players though I'd go with:
QB: Jevan Snead, but like you said I don't think we'll be picking high enough to take him, and right now I don't think there is another 1st round QB after him.
DT: I don't like Cody, to me he is nothing but a run stuffer, and while Pat doesn't offer much of a pass rush, in his prime, he was good at getting a push up the middle. I like guys like Suh, Oghobaase, and DeMarcus Granger. They ay not be 330 lb. run stuffers, but they are big, strong, and can still get after the QB and can be 3 down DTs, not just 2 down guys like Cody would be, or Pat is now.
DE: I'd say Everson Griffin from USC, Hardy like you said, Brandon Graham from Michigan, and Corey Wootton from Northwestern. I think all of those guys would be studs.

I'd rank the needs QB(depending on play this year), DT, and DE. After that, I wouldn't really know where to go. I suppose you could always say TE, CB if we somehow can't resign Winfield, and maybe OLB to upgrade Leber.

The good news is depending on which underclassmen come out, all of those positions could be loaded. At QB, after Bradford and Snead, you have Colt McCoy, Jimmy Clausen(underclassman), Jake Locker, and a guy I really like, Tony Pike. At DT, you have the guys I mentioned plus Gerald McCoy, Marvin Austin(NC), Allen Bailey(Miami(FL)*, etc. At DE, you have the guys I mentioned and Carlos Dunlap, plus a lot of guys like Selvie, Austin English, Greg Romeus(Pitt), Jeremy Beal(Okla), Ricky Sapp(Clemson), Greg Middleton(Indiana), etc.

If things go the way they should, next year is going to be a sick draft for defensive linemen. Overall, next year's draft should be really good. So far it looks weak at CB, RB, and to me there isn't a whole lot at OT, at least as far as studs go. I think there could be 5 or 6 OTs that could go in the 1st, but to me at least right now, I don't see anyone worthy of a top 5 pick, and only Okung imo would even be a top 10 pick right now.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:56 AM    (permalink
BlueBandit24
Rookie

BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.

There should be a lot of great value across the board next year. QB is an obvious need, Pat is eventually going to need to be replaced, but I also think it's time to look for an LT. Doesn't have to be in the 1st, but McKinnie is getting a bit older, is always a suspension risk, and I think he's pretty average to begin with. We have a lot of good players who are getting a little older so we'll need to restock with some youth next year. We likely won't be picking high enough for a QB, so I'd say addressing both lines will take priority.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A line of Carlos Dunlap, Kevin Williams, Pat Williams, Jared Allen would make me drool. There is just no way in hell we will be in position to take the man beast and if we were picking that high we would almost certainly go QB.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:47 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the 2010 draft was tomorrow..I'd wonder what the **** I did for the last year.
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:03 AM    (permalink
BGB
Rookie

BGB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.BGB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would say it depends on weather or not Winfield re signs with us and also how well Tyrell Johnson plays this year. DT and QB are for sures but I would also add CB and S.

Every year under Chilly we have alternated offense and defense with our 1st 2 picks so I would guess next year will be a DT and a DB with the 1st 2 picks.
BGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love next years DT class I am glad they didn't use a premium pick on DT this year. I think the Vikings will be targeting a replacement for Pat Williams in the first next year.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 04:03 PM    (permalink
russie
Veteran

russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

by the time i was done reading the thread name, colt mccoy popped in my head. he should be in the range we will be able to trade to from our 32nd over all pick
Old 04-30-2009, 04:21 PM    (permalink
BGB
Rookie

BGB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.BGB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by russie View Post
by the time i was done reading the thread name, colt mccoy popped in my head. he should be in the range we will be able to trade to from our 32nd over all pick

Colt McCoy is a 2nd rounder at best. Also if Sage or Tjack lead us to a superbowl we wont be replacing them we'll be extending them.
BGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:47 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGB View Post
Colt McCoy is a 2nd rounder at best. Also if Sage or Tjack lead us to a superbowl we wont be replacing them we'll be extending them.
Jesus i hope RosenFAIL doesn't lead us to a superbowl. If he does then Tavaris Jackson seriously FAILS!

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 10:40 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't care who leads us to a Superbowl; Favre, TJack, Rosefels, hell even Tebow. I just want SOMEONE to lead us there.
Old 05-02-2009, 12:35 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I figured that I'd do a way too early 7 round Vikings mock draft, without any compensatory picks included. It may be terrible, but it is a mixture of my thoughts on where players should go and about where Walter Football has them projected to go, and our needs, so here it is(I'd have us picking about where we picked this year):

1. Greg Hardy DE Ole Miss

2. DeMarcus Granger DT Oklahoma

3. Rico McCoy OLB Tennessee

4. Garret Graham TE Wisconsin

5. Tony Pike QB Cincinnati

6. Cory Jackson FB Maryland

7. Garrett Anderson C South Carolina

Please rip it apart and tell me what you think. Just remember that this is almost a year in advance, and there have been no college football games this year, so a lot will change.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Last edited by marshallb : 05-02-2009 at 12:37 PM.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:31 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

I like it a lot. The nice thing about adding Harvin this year (assuming he stays in the league!) is that we pretty much have skill positions set. Peterson, Berrian and Harvin will be on this team for years to come. We can continue to look for a QB and just refine the defense and offensive line in this next draft.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:55 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagy34 View Post
I like it a lot. The nice thing about adding Harvin this year (assuming he stays in the league!) is that we pretty much have skill positions set. Peterson, Berrian and Harvin will be on this team for years to come. We can continue to look for a QB and just refine the defense and offensive line in this next draft.
Yes, and if Rice can stay healthy and play up to his talent level, our skill position spots will be very good for many years. Now we just have to get ourselves a QB...

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 05-03-2009, 09:26 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any mock with us getting Garrett Graham is ok by me Good job.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jesus Christ give me Colt McCoy. I won't even think about that.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:12 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Jesus Christ give me Colt McCoy. I won't even think about that.
Haha. I somehow don't see us going with Colt unless Chilly is gone. I really think we go defense in the first round next year. I actually really like the direction this team is going, aside from QB issue. Our needs are being properly addressed and we have few Pro Bowl caliber players with plenty of years left (Peterson, Allen, Kevin, Hutch).
Old 05-07-2009, 10:23 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagy34 View Post
Haha. I somehow don't see us going with Colt unless Chilly is gone. I really think we go defense in the first round next year. I actually really like the direction this team is going, aside from QB issue. Our needs are being properly addressed and we have few Pro Bowl caliber players with plenty of years left (Peterson, Allen, Kevin, Hutch).
You can definitely throw Greenway and Henderson into the mix there, and possibly even Madeiu Williams if he can stay healthy. When he's healthy, Madeiu is an excellent safety. Plus we've got Pat who has 1 or 2 more top years left in him, and Antoine Winfield who has I'd say 3 or 4 more great years left in him. I agree, I love where this team is headed. If only we could get a QB.... But like discussed in the other thread Campbell is set to be a free agent next year, and other good young QBs have been on the block recently, like Brady Quinn and Cutler was even traded, so franchise QBs can be acquired if you're willing to pay for them.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 05-08-2009, 09:11 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like that mock. But holy defense. Lol. I think we should try to trade up and go for someone like McCoy or Snead though.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:19 AM    (permalink
BlueBandit24
Rookie

BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.

I don't think much of McCoy as a pro prospect, and I don't expect us to be in a position to grab the Top QB's available in the draft next year so I think we'll have to look elsewhere. I'd be pretty excited about loading up on quality defensive prospects, but I'd also like to see another tackle thrown in the mix somewhere in the early to middle rounds. We could hedge our bets against McKinnie regressing/getting suspended and Loadholt potentially not panning out. Unless they feel Radovich is going to be a player I'd like to see some depth brought in. Overall though I like it at this point. :)
Old 05-12-2009, 11:48 PM    (permalink
jsa230
Rookie

jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Green Bay
Trevard Lindley cb Kentucky
If Gb is picking somewher in the mid-late first(15-25) it could happen.

Lindleys Matchup vs Julio Jones in tuscaloosa will make or break his stock.

On Andrew Luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
People are expecting him to be some sort of alien defense-destroying robot QB and it's just not realistic.
jsa230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:04 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsa230 View Post
Green Bay
Trevard Lindley cb Kentucky
If Gb is picking somewher in the mid-late first(15-25) it could happen.

Lindleys Matchup vs Julio Jones in tuscaloosa will make or break his stock.
Why are you posting that in the vikings thread?

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:50 AM    (permalink
B-rand
Rookie

B-rand is a cocksman.B-rand is a cocksman.B-rand is a cocksman.

last year at this time, looking towards the next draft, I was saying the Vikes would be taking Malcolm Jenkins...unless we can lock up Winfield for another 2-4 years yet before next draft I think CB is a very likely 1st round pick for this team. The guys they have on the roster at DT (Evans especially) right now appear to be better starters at their position than the CB's do. But we'll see what we get out of Asher Allen this season.

Even if 'Toine gets the franchise tag, that's only one year, so looking ahead would still be a concern for this team.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:30 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_29 View Post
Why are you posting that in the vikings thread?
Haha that's what I was thinking...
Old 05-13-2009, 04:13 PM    (permalink
BlueBandit24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-rand View Post
last year at this time, looking towards the next draft, I was saying the Vikes would be taking Malcolm Jenkins...unless we can lock up Winfield for another 2-4 years yet before next draft I think CB is a very likely 1st round pick for this team. The guys they have on the roster at DT (Evans especially) right now appear to be better starters at their position than the CB's do. But we'll see what we get out of Asher Allen this season.

Even if 'Toine gets the franchise tag, that's only one year, so looking ahead would still be a concern for this team.
Corner could be a top priority depending on Winfield's status, the development of Asher Allen and the play of Karl Paymah. I'm OK with our depth right now but if Winfield didn't get an extension and wasn't franchised we wouldn't really have a top guy. Even though Winfield is not a shutdown corner he's a playmaker and really helps out overall defense. Sadly though the CB class looks pretty weak right now for 2010, but a lot can change.