Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-30-2009, 09:20 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Anybody play...

....disc golf??

I've been playing it for a few years and was just curious if anybody else on here plays it.

For anybody that has no idea what I am talking about:
http://www.pdga.com/

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Last edited by terribletowel39 : 04-30-2009 at 09:40 AM.
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:56 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I play 2 - 3 rounds of disc golf a week. I LOVE disc golf!!!

As a matter of fact, the middle school that i teach at has a 6-hole "course" on its campus.

Nothing better than free entertainment on the disc golf course
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 10:00 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
I play 2 - 3 rounds of disc golf a week. I LOVE disc golf!!!

As a matter of fact, the middle school that i teach at has a 6-hole "course" on its campus.

Nothing better than free entertainment on the disc golf course
Awesome, I was hoping there was atleast ONE more person that played.

I've been thinking about expanding my courses played and venturing out. I only really play two courses right now because thats how many are in the town I live in. But I've got some plans to go on some trips to check out some of the better courses.

What do you play with?? Just curious.

Old 04-30-2009, 10:16 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we choose to rent this house because it backs up to a disc golf course.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 10:19 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
we choose to rent this house because it backs up to a disc golf course.
So safe to assume you get out the a course every now and then??

I started playing when I lived in Dallas. Have you ever played Lake Lewisville?

Old 04-30-2009, 10:21 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It looks like a great deal of fun and I would totally play if there were a course near me. It looks like a sport straight out of the late 70's / early 80's.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 10:25 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
It looks like a great deal of fun and I would totally play if there were a course near me. It looks like a sport straight out of the late 70's / early 80's.
It is a sport straight out of the 70's. haha and there are a few courses in Shreveport.

There is one at Clyde Fant, Stonewall, Ford Park, and there is also one out in Doyline on Lake Bistineau. The one in Doyline is supposed to be one of the better ones in Louisiana. I think my girlfriend and I are going to drive out there and play it this weekend actually.

Old 04-30-2009, 10:26 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
Have you ever played Lake Lewisville?
No, Coppell had a course.

Old 04-30-2009, 10:29 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It is a sport straight out of the 70's. haha and there are a few courses in Shreveport.

There is one at Clyde Fant, Stonewall, Ford Park, and there is also one out in Doyline on Lake Bistineau. The one in Doyline is supposed to be one of the better ones in Louisiana. I think my girlfriend and I are going to drive out there and play it this weekend actually.
You are going to be that close to Bossier City this weekend?

Old 04-30-2009, 10:30 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
You are going to be that close to Bossier City this weekend?
Yep, getting off at the Haughton/Filmore exit. Arby's FTW.

You should come out. I have some extra discs and I can teach you how to play.

Old 04-30-2009, 10:34 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

I sent you a PM, we may have to get together this weekend.

Old 04-30-2009, 10:36 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I use a Champion Beast, a Skeeter, & a Shark.

I have other discs, but those are the 3 that i use.

The TwinCities Metro area has a ton of great parks.

http://www.playdg.com/ ~ an excellent resource to find courses in MN, Wisc, and other midwest states. They have downloadable score cards (i hardly ever keep score) and pictures from most of the courses.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:37 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Theres a forest that surrounds our mall and all around the forest are those metal things in that picture.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 10:40 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
I use a Champion Beast, a Skeeter, & a Shark...
I couldn't use a frisbee called a Skeeter with out going "Skeet Skeet Skeet" every time I threw it LOL.

Old 04-30-2009, 10:41 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

Quote:
I use a Champion Beast, a Skeeter, & a Shark.

I have other discs, but those are the 3 that i use.

The TwinCities Metro area has a ton of great parks.

http://www.playdg.com/ ~ an excellent resource to find courses in MN, Wisc, and other midwest states. They have downloadable score cards (i hardly ever keep score) and pictures from most of the courses.
I use a Champion Beast as well for 90% of my shots. I'm not HUGE into the whole you need 700 disc to play a course. I regularly just use 2. And both are drivers. I use a Champion Monster for most of my short putts.

Old 04-30-2009, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Theres a forest that surrounds our mall and all around the forest are those metal things in that picture.
that would be a hole for disc golf

Old 04-30-2009, 11:05 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
that would be a hole for disc golf
The course I have been playing over the last few months was one of the first like 5 built in the US and whenever it first started they were made out of huge concrete buckets, well this course still has those buckets.

It makes for an interesting game, you have to actually throw the disc INTO the bucket as opposed to THROUGH the chain basket.
It has really thrown off my chain banger game. I've learned not many people have heard of the huge concrete buckets though. Pretty interesting.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:06 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't played in a while but it's pretty fun. My friends play quite often. I think there are 3 courses here in Norman.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:35 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

Quote:
The course I have been playing over the last few months was one of the first like 5 built in the US and whenever it first started they were made out of huge concrete buckets, well this course still has those buckets.

It makes for an interesting game, you have to actually throw the disc INTO the bucket as opposed to THROUGH the chain basket.
It has really thrown off my chain banger game. I've learned not many people have heard of the huge concrete buckets though. Pretty interesting.
New sig quote??? ;)
Old 04-30-2009, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

My buddy's play it more than me but when I was last back home I ended up losing by one stroke the first round and tying for first the second.
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 03:30 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like a pretty cool game. Haven't heard of it until now.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 03:34 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i play ladder toss at picnics

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 04:25 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I play about 5 times a week. Really fun, and the only thing to do in the area for free.

Wayyyyy more fun than real golf, and much less expensive.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 06:21 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My roommate is a pro. He makes some bank playing. He's ranked on that site I think.

I've never gotten into it.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My dad plays it a ton, goes to a few pro tourneys, I tag a long sometimes, I'm only ok at it I guess, and it doesn't help the local course is very beginner unfriendly.