Hatton 10 25.64%
Pacquiao 29 74.36%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-03-2009, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am hearing Cotto-Pac by December contingent upon Cotto winning vs Clottey......if its at 147 I don't like it for Pac. Won't count him out ever after tonight, but Cotto has excellent timing, an excellent jab, maybe the best body work in the sport, a very good chin and should be the way bigger man.

And please don't point to the Margo loss when discussing this because that has pretty much nothing to do with a Pac-Cotto fight.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Lionsfan93
Rookie

Lionsfan93 could make a wolverine purr.Lionsfan93 could make a wolverine purr.Lionsfan93 could make a wolverine purr.Lionsfan93 could make a wolverine purr.Lionsfan93 could make a wolverine purr.Lionsfan93 could make a wolverine purr.

I'm still mad I bought this on PPV
Lionsfan93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionsfan93 View Post
I'm still mad I bought this on PPV
I would have been had the KAYO not been spectacular.....that was one of the best punches I remember ever seeing. It was an MMA KO with boxing gloves.
Old 05-03-2009, 05:49 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pac-Man is going to be great if not already great for the sport of boxing. He's going to bring it back from the death, think tiger woods to golf on a lower scale. the torch has officially been passed from de la hoya to pacquiao let's see if they could make something happen with it.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 05:50 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

now all the sport needs is a marketable heavyweight.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 07:18 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

David Haye needs to get his face out there more and there you go.

As for a marketable American heavyweight...I'm still waiting for that guy.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 07:46 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
Pac-Man is going to be great if not already great for the sport of boxing. He's going to bring it back from the death, think tiger woods to golf on a lower scale. the torch has officially been passed from de la hoya to pacquiao let's see if they could make something happen with it.
The problem though is he is definitely resurrecting it for boxing fans, but for casual sports fans I'm not sure he will draw in new crowds. He definitely has the fighting style to gather new fans but I don't think enough fans especially in the U.S. will know about him. He spends all of his time in his country, he doesn't speak good English so he won't have interviews and commercials in America, he won't make awards appearances, and he isn't the prettiest guy for marketing purposes. I will say though I said many of the same things about Alex Ovechkin when he was coming into the NHL.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 07:53 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When talking about star power, though. Mayweather was as big as they come and even he couldnt resurrect the sport. Granted, boxing was relevant again when he fought De La Hoya but, he hasnt been able to bring boxing back into the mainstream. The casual fan wants to see power/knock outs. The only real hope is that a charismatic knock out guy comes along. David Haye fits the bill but, as dumb as it sounds, the fact that he isnt an American fighter hurts just a tad. Waiting on the next Tyson pretty much. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-03-2009, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
When talking about star power, though. Mayweather was as big as they come and even he couldnt resurrect the sport. Granted, boxing was relevant again when he fought De La Hoya but, he hasnt been able to bring boxing back into the mainstream. The casual fan wants to see power/knock outs. The only real hope is that a charismatic knock out guy comes along. David Haye fits the bill but, as dumb as it sounds, the fact that he isnt an American fighter hurts just a tad.
You mean until he gets destroyed by Wladimir? Haha, seriously tho......I dont think he is winning that one. He talks a good game tho.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:58 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
You mean until he gets destroyed by Wladimir? Haha, seriously tho......I dont think he is winning that one. He talks a good game tho.
I have my doubts as well, my friend. I sure as hell hope he wins, though. It's hard to predict because, he barely has his feet wet in the division. Smart money is on Wlad...but, I'm atleast hopeful. :D

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-03-2009, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

It would be nice to get a fresh face involved thats for sure......and I really hate Chris Arreola and wish HBO would stop shoving him down our throats.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:09 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Yeah, there was a reason I didnt mention Arreola when talking about a marketable american heavy weight.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-03-2009, 08:15 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A little off topic but from last night's undercard obviously Chris Gray is crap competition but Erislandy Lara is such an intriguing prospect. Still though it was very evident that he still has lots to learn about adjusting to the pro game from amateur boxing. The body and skills are there though.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 04:35 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2009/5/4/...ge-ppv-buyrate

CNN International is reporting that preliminary numbers suggest huge PPV buys for Pacquiao-Hatton.

[E]arly indications from cable companies were that the scheduled 12-round light-welterweight bout could get as many as two million buys.

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:08 AM    (permalink
UK_Cheesehead
Veteran

UK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Man this sucked to see. Expected but it still wasn't nice, Hatton had a talent and I think he could well have gone on to be elite (his last 2 losses prove he is in the tier below now) but eating garbage and drinking 8 pints of guinness a day do nothing for you as a boxer. It's a shame but I hope to god he retires now, there's no one left for him to fight.

Unless he wants to put Khan in a coma I hope he calls it a day.

Props to Manny though, the guy is just a beast and I see him destroying Mayweather Jr if they ever get at it.
UK_Cheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does every athlete need to have a nickname these days. The worst are recycled nicknames. Stop calling him Pac Man. That's lame and old. If you need to call him a nickname try something like "PacquiOW" or some shiz... :D

By the way, people who paid to see that got pwned.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:03 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Manny has a bunch of nicknames...but, as far as in the public's eye. Pacquiao was Pacman before anyone even knew who Adam Jones was. I know Adam got his nickname from his grandma or some jazz like that but, Manny was a professional boxer going by Pacman well before Adam Jones was even in college.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-05-2009, 12:03 PM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched the fight at a bar and the place was going nuts, there were a lot of people cheering for both guys so that made it fun
cdub11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 03:16 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
By the way, people who paid to see that got pwned.
Even knowing the outcome now, I still woulda paid to see that. One of the most amazing knockouts I've seen in awhile.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote