Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 05-06-2009, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Bengals Cut Levi Jones

Bengals Cut Levi Jones

The Cincinnati Bengals have released veteran left tackle Levi Jones. The team announced the move earlier today.

Jones was a first-round pick in 2002, and he quickly became a fixture on the left side of the line.

Signed through 2012, Jones was due to earn a base salary of $3 million this year.

Last edited by Splat : 05-06-2009 at 12:22 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

was it because of Cap?

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:21 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow andrews and now levi, i guess im not too surprized but i think it would have been a better idea to keep him around for andre smith to develop
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He needs to be the Chiefs RT next season.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:45 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He'll be a Buffalo Bill in 3...2....1...

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:57 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gay Ork Wang View Post
was it because of Cap?
Between his injuries, general suckiness and the cap hit... It makes sense. Since the end of the season I figured he would be gone. He also was unhappy the last 2 years or so, it makes sense.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:03 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Werent the Packers interested in him?

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:07 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know the 49ers and Bills have shown interest at some point...

He was an absolute stud leading up to 2006. He hurt his knee and just hasn't been the same since...
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He seems like he was suffering from a mental block post-injury. Never really quite got over it and became gun shy. He still has some talent left if a new coach can get him over the mental stuff.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if my numbers were correct, but I calculated only a $650K or so savings in terms of the cap. Which made me think it wouldn't be worth it to cut Jones.

But I suppose the Bengals felt now was the time to cut ties with him.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I don't know if my numbers were correct, but I calculated only a $650K or so savings in terms of the cap. Which made me think it wouldn't be worth it to cut Jones.

But I suppose the Bengals felt now was the time to cut ties with him.
Nope it saves us 3 million and it is only 500,000 cap hit

And i am glad he is gone now he has been crappy since getting his contract extension
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 04:28 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is an interesting development. Who plays opposite Smith now? Smith at LT must be a lock now.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
That is an interesting development. Who plays opposite Smith now? Smith at LT must be a lock now.
It will be Collins are 4th round draft pick last year He played inplace of Jones Last year and He Held his own right now i see Collins at LT and Smith at RT
Old 05-06-2009, 04:47 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks. So Smith gets penciled in as the starting RT but you're likely looking at an open competition for the LT spot, right?

I just hope they get it together well enough to keep Carson in the game. It seems we can't get a full season without one of the top flight QBs getting broken.

Old 05-06-2009, 04:50 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thanks. So Smith gets penciled in as the starting RT but you're likely looking at an open competition for the LT spot, right?

I just hope they get it together well enough to keep Carson in the game. It seems we can't get a full season without one of the top flight QBs getting broken.
read the previous post.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 04:50 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Will he come expensive?

And if the Rams were to look into him, what could he provide to rookie RT Jason Smith?
Old 05-06-2009, 04:55 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
Will he come expensive?

And if the Rams were to look into him, what could he provide to rookie RT Jason Smith?
Well a season or so ago Levi was a Locker room cancer saying that he didnt want to be a Bengal and wanted to be traded. I dont think he would give much in the way of leadership. Basically you would be getting a LT past his prime with bad knees and no leadership capabilities.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 04:56 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like a Scott Linehan pick-up, not a Steve Spagnuolo one, thanks :)
Old 05-06-2009, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
Will he come expensive?

I don't know how much he will be wanting but i don't think it can be to much with his injury problems.

I think he could be a mentor to Jason Smith he is a pretty cool guy in person i met him at a hotel at the Bengals Training Camp in 2006 But at one time he was considered one of the best T in the league so i could see him as a mentor were ever he ends up and either being a decent starter if he gets over his injuries or providing good depth where ever he goes
Old 05-06-2009, 05:01 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
read the previous post.
I did. I'm just wondering if it's a lock that Collins stays at LT. A 4th round pick that "held his own" makes me think he's less than a lock to be a better LT than the potential stud that is Smith.

Old 05-06-2009, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I did. I'm just wondering if it's a lock that Collins stays at LT. A 4th round pick that "held his own" makes me think he's less than a lock to be a better LT than the potential stud that is Smith.
Its who he held his own against. Im pretty sure he gave up roughly 2 or 3 sacks against the 3 best defenses in the NFL (Pitt, Bal & Philly).

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 05-06-2009, 05:10 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Its who he held his own against. Im pretty sure he gave up roughly 2 or 3 sacks against the 3 best defenses in the NFL (Pitt, Bal & Philly).
Gotcha. And obviously the FO has enough faith in him to cut Levi, so there's that.

Old 05-06-2009, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Gotcha. And obviously the FO has enough faith in him to cut Levi, so there's that.

yeah, he has a lot of potential. he could have been a much higher draft pick had he stayed in college from what Ive heard.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 05-06-2009, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Broncos Taking An Interest In Levi Jones

But as a back up Bills and Det have also been rumored to have shown an interest.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:00 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

I have a question for you Bengals fans. What is your current depth chart as far as offensive lineman are concerned?

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
AJHawk50 is offline   Reply With Quote