Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2007, 11:01 AM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New York (But go to college in boston)
Posts: 1,549
Reputation: 4341
BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.
Default Darian Barnes

"The New York Jets announced today the signing of fullback Darian Barnes to a contract. The announcement was made by Jetsí General Manager Mike Tannenbaum"

young 27 yeard old 6'2 240 lb fullback...im thinkin were gettin ourselves quite a badass backfield...never really seen him play tho so not sure how great he is but he definately has the size
__________________

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 11:08 AM    (permalink
hcbrad08
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 566
Reputation: 206
hcbrad08 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

I think he'll come in and plug in fine...When Sowell left we thought BJ was going to suck at FB but he was pretty good at blocking and apparently could have been quite a runner at the position...We all forget that we also have a guy name Jason Posciak, (who Mangini LOVED before he got hurt in camp) hes 6-2 270 listed as a TE who was a primary blocker at Wisc and could play a little FB bc of his blocking. Both will help the team tremendously and almost positively ends all Jets/Leonard's fans hopes that he'll become a Jet sorry Josh.
__________________
DE, RB, RT, WR, NT, TE, ILB

Exactly Why The Jets are the Coolest Team in the NFL:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html


http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html
hcbrad08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 786
Reputation: 23
Non_Sequitur hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcbrad08 View Post
I think he'll come in and plug in fine...When Sowell left we thought BJ was going to suck at FB but he was pretty good at blocking and apparently could have been quite a runner at the position...We all forget that we also have a guy name Jason Posciak, (who Mangini LOVED before he got hurt in camp) hes 6-2 270 listed as a TE who was a primary blocker at Wisc and could play a little FB bc of his blocking. Both will help the team tremendously and almost positively ends all Jets/Leonard's fans hopes that he'll become a Jet sorry Josh.
After getting TJ, no way were we going to draft Leonard anyway. Leonard is a HB (especially in our system).
Non_Sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 03:49 PM    (permalink
nyjets5125
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 398
Reputation: 57
nyjets5125 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

yeah i higly highly doubt leonard, but i would still like leron mcclain on day 2
__________________
JETS
nyjets5125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 03:55 PM    (permalink
El$anDollah
Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 147
Reputation: 10
El$anDollah hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Another solid signing but I agree I would still want Leron.
El$anDollah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Naked Jehuty
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

I worked out with him once at the Garrett's house in NJ
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 02:33 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,692
Reputation: 77
jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naked Jehuty View Post
I worked out with him once at the Garrett's house in NJ
And . . . .
__________________
jetsfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 03:28 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
Posts: 4,225
Reputation: 254382
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcbrad08 View Post
I think he'll come in and plug in fine...When Sowell left we thought BJ was going to suck at FB but he was pretty good at blocking and apparently could have been quite a runner at the position...We all forget that we also have a guy name Jason Posciak, (who Mangini LOVED before he got hurt in camp) hes 6-2 270 listed as a TE who was a primary blocker at Wisc and could play a little FB bc of his blocking. Both will help the team tremendously and almost positively ends all Jets/Leonard's fans hopes that he'll become a Jet sorry Josh.
I don't want to talk about this anymore. From now on, no one bring this **** up.
__________________
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 04:24 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,692
Reputation: 77
jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
I don't want to talk about this anymore. From now on, no one bring this **** up.
I wanted Leonard to, but I know you wanted him most. I'm sorry this had to happen. +rep because I feel bad.
__________________
jetsfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 06:58 PM    (permalink
frogstomp
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
"The New York Jets announced today the signing of fullback Darian Barnes to a contract. The announcement was made by Jetsí General Manager Mike Tannenbaum"

young 27 yeard old 6'2 240 lb fullback...im thinkin were gettin ourselves quite a badass backfield...never really seen him play tho so not sure how great he is but he definately has the size
Wow... seriously, how can you say "im thinkin were gettin ourselves quite a badass backfield...", but then go on to admit that you have never seen him play?

Ugh.

Anyways, as a person who never really wanted Leonard that badly, I'm fine with this signing. I know the upside of Leonard, I just feel that, especially now with Thomas, we have much better places to spend the pick.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 08:53 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New York (But go to college in boston)
Posts: 1,549
Reputation: 4341
BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp View Post
Wow... seriously, how can you say "im thinkin were gettin ourselves quite a badass backfield...", but then go on to admit that you have never seen him play?

Ugh.

Anyways, as a person who never really wanted Leonard that badly, I'm fine with this signing. I know the upside of Leonard, I just feel that, especially now with Thomas, we have much better places to spend the pick.
i can say it with quite ease actually...ive never seen him play but i know that in the nine games that he actually played in 2005 the Dolphins averaged 119.8 yards rushing per outing, i know that hes regarded as a solid lead blocker..i know hes got a destroy the linebacker mentality as said by his scouting report, which combined with TJ and leon to me is the begining of quite a badass backfield...now maybe i should have stated that I have never really seen him play so i dont know first hand much about him, but i do know third hand what the scouting reports say...so as much as i aprreciate your backhand comments i would imagine the team leader and respected poster such as urself would be better advised to give constructive critcism to a poster whos a huge fan of the same team than insult him..but hey thats just me
__________________

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 09:27 PM    (permalink
frogstomp
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
i can say it with quite ease actually...ive never seen him play but i know that in the nine games that he actually played in 2005 the Dolphins averaged 119.8 yards rushing per outing, i know that hes regarded as a solid lead blocker..i know hes got a destroy the linebacker mentality as said by his scouting report, which combined with TJ and leon to me is the begining of quite a badass backfield...now maybe i should have stated that I have never really seen him play so i dont know first hand much about him, but i do know third hand what the scouting reports say...so as much as i aprreciate your backhand comments i would imagine the team leader and respected poster such as urself would be better advised to give constructive critcism to a poster whos a huge fan of the same team than insult him..but hey thats just me
Wah wah, I never insulted you. Read my post again, and stop whining.

As a fan of football, you should know that an individuals stats don't always represent everything, and in this case, it isn't even his stats you're looking at. Don't just blindly like signings because they're done by our team. If you haven't watched a fullback, it's hard to know if they're really that good.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 10:07 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New York (But go to college in boston)
Posts: 1,549
Reputation: 4341
BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.
Default

hah whatever bro, all i said was being that we are all in a jets forum and jets fans id think the best way to educated someone would be more constructive...now im not gonna get in a verbal boxing match with you, but if ya wanna measure johnsons come on over i got the ruler ready...and no i havn't watched him play, but i tend to beleive most scouting reports if they all concur, which they did, and it said he was a solid legit lead blocker...so granted i could have rephrased it better and said that i havn't seen him play yet i hear hes a great blocker but if i wanna say that our backfield is looking quite solid than ill say it.. no worries tho cuase honestly id rather just talk about the jets and how excited i am for the draft and to see our boys play next year.
__________________

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 10:09 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New York (But go to college in boston)
Posts: 1,549
Reputation: 4341
BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.
Default

haha i tell ya what it def made my night more interesting frogstomp, its a lot better when someone not only knows what theyre talking about but can have some fun as well
__________________

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 11:37 PM    (permalink
frogstomp
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
hah whatever bro, all i said was being that we are all in a jets forum and jets fans id think the best way to educated someone would be more constructive...now im not gonna get in a verbal boxing match with you, but if ya wanna measure johnsons come on over i got the ruler ready...and no i havn't watched him play, but i tend to beleive most scouting reports if they all concur, which they did, and it said he was a solid legit lead blocker...so granted i could have rephrased it better and said that i havn't seen him play yet i hear hes a great blocker but if i wanna say that our backfield is looking quite solid than ill say it.. no worries tho cuase honestly id rather just talk about the jets and how excited i am for the draft and to see our boys play next year.
Most scouting reports thought Ryan Leaf would be a great NFL player. Other people's input can be accepted, but should not be the sole grounds for an opinion of a player.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:16 AM    (permalink
Bucs4242
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 239
Reputation: 2254
Bucs4242 could make a wolverine purr.Bucs4242 could make a wolverine purr.Bucs4242 could make a wolverine purr.Bucs4242 could make a wolverine purr.Bucs4242 could make a wolverine purr.Bucs4242 could make a wolverine purr.Bucs4242 could make a wolverine purr.
Default

I just happened upon this thread, but I have some input. Darian Barnes started his career with the BUcs. He is a decent pickup by you guys.

In Gruden's offense, which was implemented in 2002 the same year Barnes arrived, Mike Alstott became a blocking fullback. Barnes was young and didnt play much, he was the 3rd string blocking FB behind Mike Alstott and another young talented FB named Jameel Cook. He was liked in Tampa, but not needed. He is a solid backup FB, and maybe a decent starter. He is a pretty good athlete and pretty solid blocker but nothing special. Dont get carried away. It is a FB signing 3 weeks into FA for a reason. But good pickup non the less
__________________
Bucs4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 03:59 AM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 786
Reputation: 23
Non_Sequitur hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Leonard would NOT fit in our system! He's not a power blocker, and he'd cost too high a pick to work as our power accessory to TJ. Thomas Jones killed the chance for Leonard, not Barnes.

Besides, we need a run blocking RT more than a FB or power-HB....
Non_Sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 08:56 AM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New York (But go to college in boston)
Posts: 1,549
Reputation: 4341
BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp View Post
Most scouting reports thought Ryan Leaf would be a great NFL player. Other people's input can be accepted, but should not be the sole grounds for an opinion of a player.
oh i definately know that, but i feel that pertains more to college scouting...ryan leaf didn't play 6 years of NFL football, which darian barnes did..thus i think i can trust the scouting reports a little better, but i get what ur saying
__________________

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 09:13 AM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 786
Reputation: 23
Non_Sequitur hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
oh i definately know that, but i feel that pertains more to college scouting...ryan leaf didn't play 6 years of NFL football, which darian barnes did..thus i think i can trust the scouting reports a little better, but i get what ur saying
And Ryan Leaf's problems in the NFL were never related to his physical skills. They were all up in his head.
Non_Sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Young Nasty Man
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New York, Pitt 2012
Posts: 596
Reputation: 2461
Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.
Default

i've seen him play...he is a hard nose player...He is built like a brick **** house...he is pretty good at what he does...definately a solid signing..
__________________


Via BoneKrusher
Young Nasty Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.