Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-09-2009, 04:35 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
The Steelers line sucks at pass-protecting...

Hopefully Urbik and Shipley improve this.

LT: 14. Max Starks - 4 Sacks Allowed (11 Starts)
LG: 31. Chris Kemoeatu - 7.5 Sacks Allowed (16 Starts)
C: 32. Justin Hartwig - 6.5 Sacks Allowed (16 Starts)
RG: 26. Darnell Stapleton - 5 Sacks Allowed (12 Starts)
RT: 17. Willie Colon - 5.75 Sacks Allowed (16 Starts)

Our best player ended up being a guy who wasn't even the starter at the beginning of the season. FML.

Hopefully they can gel together better in this offseason.
I think those stats can be attributed to the fact that Ben Roethlisberger usually doesn't get rid of the ball on time too...

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:39 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Steelers line sucks at pass-protecting...

Hopefully Urbik and Shipley improve this.

LT: 14. Max Starks - 4 Sacks Allowed (11 Starts)
LG: 31. Chris Kemoeatu - 7.5 Sacks Allowed (16 Starts)
C: 32. Justin Hartwig - 6.5 Sacks Allowed (16 Starts)
RG: 26. Darnell Stapleton - 5 Sacks Allowed (12 Starts)
RT: 17. Willie Colon - 5.75 Sacks Allowed (16 Starts)

Our best player ended up being a guy who wasn't even the starter at the beginning of the season. FML.

Hopefully they can gel together better in this offseason.
When your QB holds onto the ball as long as Roethlisberger, you're gonna give up a ******** of sacks no matter who is up front. Sacks allowed is the most deceiving stat there is. If you have Peyton Manning and his release at QB you're not gonna give up any sacks even if you get beat a lot.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Is it sad that about 1/3 of the Cowboy sacks came against Brad Johnson.
Brad Johnson also moves like he's got cement boots on.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Nice to see the big improvement in Diehl's stats, he pretty much halved the amount of sacks he gave up last year, granted he got plenty of help, but he did improve in pass pro and was such a boss in the running game that I love having him and then grooming Beatty to push him over to RT.
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:50 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

8.5 sacks for Penn. 4.5 for Sears. Both numbers seem way too high. I guess I didn't consider all those times Garcia refused to throw the ball and hopped around like a bunny.

Freeman will cut those #s in 1/2 if he starts.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow, I didnt realize that Faneca gave up 7 sacks last year. No way he should have gone to the pro bowl. Everyone on the Jets were pretty solid except Woody who gave up 6.5. At least it looks like Bricks is starting to pay off.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 05:07 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I knew my boy Jared "The Big Steal" Gaither would be high on this list, I was upset when he was declared academically inelligible to play at Maryland, but boy did things work out for me, and all Ravens fans. I'd like to personally thank all the GM's who decided NOT to give up anything higher than a 5th round for him, you guys are the best. It's great when you can get one of your favorite players from your favorite college team on your favorite pro team.
Old 05-09-2009, 05:08 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

there is no way levi brown gave up more sacks than mike gandy, they might have those two backwards
Old 05-09-2009, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
I knew my boy Jared "The Big Steal" Gaither would be high on this list, I was upset when he was declared academically inelligible to play at Maryland, but boy did things work out for me, and all Ravens fans. I'd like to personally thank all the GM's who decided NOT to give up anything higher than a 5th round for him, you guys are the best. It's great when you can get one of your favorite players from your favorite college team on your favorite pro team.
That's how I felt when the eagles drafted Tony Hunt. He's currently out of the league. That worked out well...
Old 05-09-2009, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Funny how Nick Kazcur catches the most flak for our linemen but he is in the best standing on this list for our line.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 05:21 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
That's how I felt when the eagles drafted Tony Hunt. He's currently out of the league. That worked out well...
I haven't heard the name Tony Hunt in ages, I wanted him on the Ravens, I guess we dodged a bullet on that one.
Old 05-09-2009, 05:26 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
wow, I didnt realize that Faneca gave up 7 sacks last year. No way he should have gone to the pro bowl. Everyone on the Jets were pretty solid except Woody who gave up 6.5. At least it looks like Bricks is starting to pay off.
These stats aren't always the most accurate. They don't account for schemes and all that. Plus, it can't be understated how much he did to improve our rushing attack.
Old 05-09-2009, 05:37 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
These stats aren't always the most accurate. They don't account for schemes and all that. Plus, it can't be understated how much he did to improve our rushing attack.
They definately aren't the most accurate out there, but there still isn't an excuse for guys like Faneca and Peters making it to the Pro Bowl based on reputation insead of Kuper and Clady.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 06:06 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

...another thing not accounted for is how much a team schemes to help out a player. Ryan Clady for instance got a lot of RB chipping defenders on his side and movement his way since he was a rookie. Some guys don't get any help, they're left out on an island by themselves. I'm not singling out Clady though, just an example. It is typical to give rookies a lot of help, which explains why sometimes a guy has a seemingly great rookie season and then gets set back a little his second year (and usually they bounce back in year 3 or 4).
Old 05-09-2009, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

clady was a beast last year. i really don't know how peters made it. he was a disruption in the beginning of the year, then only played in 13 games. he gave up 5.5 more sacks in 2 less games. he has the talent, but definitely needs to refine his game some more. i don't like it when players like that are rewarded for sub-par seasons.

steelers line wasn't great, but atleast they weren't double digit sack stat killers. they were only a couple off the pace...apiece.

faneca wasn't that bad. only 3 false start penalties, zero holding, and with favre sitting back there too long on some of those sacks.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:00 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
I think that while we got a steal, I can understand why alot of teams didnt give up anything higher for Gaither. I think he was fortunate to come into our situation where he could learn from Ogden, and be surrounded by a stable coaching staff and learn from some good character guys like Ray who could help him keep his head on straight. I could see him busting in a negative situation like in Oakland or Cincy, where he wouldnt be handled correctly. I do agree that we got a steal though...5th rounder for what is shaping up to be a Pro Bowl LT is a damn good deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:02 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
6. Jordan Gross (Panthers) 3.0 sacks allowed (15 starts)
12. Travelle Wharton (Panthers) 2.5 sacks allowed (14 starts)
1. Ryan Kalil (Panthers) 0 sacks allowed (12 starts)
14. Jeff Otah (Panthers) 5.0 sacks allowed (12 starts)
I'm pretty happy considering Otah played with an ankle injury much of the year.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:11 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not surprised to see Stacy Andrews so high, his play showed it.

With that said, he wasn't thrilled to have the franchise tag and is better suited for RG.

If the Eagles do move Andrews to RG, that's a very good move. He was a monster there in the run game and I think that's definitely the position he's best suited for.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:26 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneToughGame View Post
I liked what I saw from Ray Willis at RT last season but I didn't think he did as well as that list is showing in pass protections. Good job Willis lol.
Yeah I thought he definately outplayed Locklear. He can play guard as well, I'm hoping he takes Rob Sims place at RG and Unger impresses and takes Wahles spot at LG.
Old 05-09-2009, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lets get things a little more evened up why dont we. Cutler had 616 pass attempts compared to Kerry Collins 415. The Broncos o-line starting 5 gave up about 1 more sack total than the Titans in an extra 200 passing attempts. Everyone knew the Broncos were gonna be passing non-stop last year to stay in games, whereas teams playing the Titans generally got to play the run first and were happy to let Collins pass.

Call me a homer, but I say the Broncos o-line have the Titans beat by an awfully long way.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:59 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
...another thing not accounted for is how much a team schemes to help out a player. Ryan Clady for instance got a lot of RB chipping defenders on his side and movement his way since he was a rookie. Some guys don't get any help, they're left out on an island by themselves. I'm not singling out Clady though, just an example. It is typical to give rookies a lot of help, which explains why sometimes a guy has a seemingly great rookie season and then gets set back a little his second year (and usually they bounce back in year 3 or 4).
While this is true most of the time, I really don't see it with Clady. I'm not trying to be a homer, but when a guy has a season of .5 sacks and 3 penalties, I'd say he had a pretty amazing season. I watched a lot of games, and he dominated a lot of good pass rushers 1-1.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Not surprised to see Stacy Andrews so high, his play showed it.

With that said, he wasn't thrilled to have the franchise tag and is better suited for RG.

If the Eagles do move Andrews to RG, that's a very good move. He was a monster there in the run game and I think that's definitely the position he's best suited for.
That's what I'm hoping for. Stacy Andrews was a beast at RG and Shawn Andrews was a beast at RT (albeit in college) so they have nothing to lose in trying it. If that works out and Jason Peters goes back to his 2007 form, we could have one of the best OLs in the league. Todd Herremans at LG is not and will never be an elite player but he is extremely solid in every phase of the OL position, and Jamaal Jackson is solid at C but I would personally rather see Nick Cole win that job because he has pro-bowl ability. We also have excellent depth, most notably at the interior positions, in guys like Max Jean-Gilles, Mike McGlynn, and who ever doesn't win the C job.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:55 PM    (permalink
GhostDeini
Rookie

GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini

Would Ravens move Gaither to right side and start Oher at left ?
Old 05-09-2009, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostDeini View Post
Would Ravens move Gaither to right side and start Oher at left ?
I'm pretty sure they like Gaither at LT and many people projected Oher to the right side anyway. I personally think Oher can play LT but the ravens don't need him to.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:10 PM    (permalink
GhostDeini
Rookie

GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini

I like Gaither and all ( another steal by Ozzie ) but he plays a little too upright for me, Ogden was 6'9 but played with leverage. He could be best right tackle in the game imo. I think Oher is a little better athlete and bends his knee more. Though they dont really have to do this right now, I could see this happening down the road.