Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC East Division Forum

NFC East Division Forum Discuss the NFC East

Old 05-14-2009, 12:11 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricowboy View Post
Peters was terrible last year! It is not an overstatement....He flat out sucked....We all have seen players bounce back from poor years but, I just have a bad feeling about the move. You don't let a front line LT move for as little as they got him for.
I'd call a first and 4th rounder a pretty high price, even for front line LT.

Now I'm not one to say the Pro-Bowl is the measure of success, but I think I heard somewhere that from players league-wide, he was voted in off of them as well as fan vote. I've seen a lot of him, and he is not only a monstrous run blocker, but is incredibly athletic and talented as a pass blocker as well. The only thing questionable about him is his will to be elite.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
LT is past his prime.....Insert Marion Barber and Maurice Jones-Drew.....
How the hell is Marion Barber even in the conversation for one of the best RBs in the league? He's never had over 1000 yards, he has an above average, yards per carry of 4.3 on his career. His pass catching skills are average, and he only got 7 TDs last year. All I see there are average numbers. Even LT who is "past his prime" had a better year than Barber did last year, with a higher ypc, more yards and more TDs.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:13 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan View Post
How the hell is Marion Barber even in the conversation for one of the best RBs in the league? He's never had over 1000 yards, he has an above average, yards per carry of 4.3 on his career. His pass catching skills are average, and he only got 7 TDs last year. All I see there are average numbers. Even LT who is "past his prime" had a better year than Barber did last year, with a higher ypc, more yards and more TDs.
It isn't "best" RB being debated, its most balamced. I agree with you on this, but we weren't talking about best, it was more balanced, which as you mention about Barber's abilities in the post compared to LT, he isn't nearly as good or balanced as LT. I like the Barbarian a lot too, he is a great RB, but he is no LT, I completely disagree with rico on that.

Old 05-15-2009, 04:09 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright back on topic.

Skins Management>>Ozzie Newsome+Parcells+Bill Walsh

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 11:23 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
Alright back on topic.

Skins Management>>Ozzie Newsome+Parcells+Bill Walsh
Lets not forget Bellicheck (lets face it he basically runs that show). :D

I certainly am jealous...NOT!!l!111!!one1l! lol

Old 05-16-2009, 10:27 AM    (permalink
ricowboy
Rookie

ricowboy is a cocksman.ricowboy is a cocksman.ricowboy is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
He may be past his prime, but he is still a more balanced threat than either of those two. Barber is a good receiver out of the backfield, but still isn't the receiver and not as balanced as LT, who is just as much of a threat receiveing as he is running. Its not a knock o Barber, I love watching him play, but he simply isn't as balanced as LT. MJD is another story, the argument can be made, as he has the most all-purpose yards for a RB since he came into the leage, so I can't argue with that. I really like both these RBs though.
LT clearly has lost alot the last two seasons. I agree LT is still a threat but he is not the player espn thinks he is. If the Chargers spelled him more he would still be the guy. I have listened to all the analysts, fans and sportcasters tell us LT will rebound. LT's production has dropped significantly the last 2-3 years. It is clearly the injuries and the wear and tear of the NFL have started to take its toll on his body. I cannot argue with past performance. LT is a hall of famer! Both Barber and Jones Drew are better options at this point in time. That is all I am saying.
ricowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:30 AM    (permalink
ricowboy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan View Post
Barber was injured last season. Just like Westbrook has been injured in the past. Both are better options right now than LT.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:34 AM    (permalink
ricowboy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Well, as we all know, the Bills are just the KINGS of great moves, right?
I see the Bills twice a year play NE. I also see many AFC East games. Peters was horrible. Even Bills fans would agree. He may revert back to 07 and 06 form. Bills got rid of him for a reason that is all I am saying. Just like Philly got rid of Sheppard. I fear Tra Thomas more than Peters. Yes, he was old and showing signs of decline but, his stats were much better than Peters. Jax got a bargain for the next 3 years.
Old 05-16-2009, 12:18 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
LT clearly has lost alot the last two seasons. I agree LT is still a threat but he is not the player espn thinks he is. If the Chargers spelled him more he would still be the guy. I have listened to all the analysts, fans and sportcasters tell us LT will rebound. LT's production has dropped significantly the last 2-3 years. It is clearly the injuries and the wear and tear of the NFL have started to take its toll on his body. I cannot argue with past performance. LT is a hall of famer! Both Barber and Jones Drew are better options at this point in time. That is all I am saying.
I personally don't give a crap what ESPN says, honestly. My opinions of Lt are based solely off of what I've seen from him and what I belive he is capable of doing. I will have to respectfully disagree with your opinion of having MJG or Barber over him, though for me, MJG is really, really close. I agree he is a hall of famer as well.

Old 05-16-2009, 12:23 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I see the Bills twice a year play NE. I also see many AFC East games. Peters was horrible. Even Bills fans would agree. He may revert back to 07 and 06 form. Bills got rid of him for a reason that is all I am saying. Just like Philly got rid of Sheppard. I fear Tra Thomas more than Peters. Yes, he was old and showing signs of decline but, his stats were much better than Peters. Jax got a bargain for the next 3 years.
Neither the Eagles or the Bills got rid of their players because they were playing poorly, it was because of contract situations. His stats as a pass blocker last year were better, but as a former O-linemen myself, I can tell you stats are meaningless when evaluating OL, and O-linemen don't care about stats at all. They care about physically dominating the player they are responsible for. Once again, I respectfully disagree with your opinion, but after two games this year maybe you'll have to change your mind;).

Old 05-16-2009, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes, he was old and showing signs of decline but, his stats were much better than Peters. Jax got a bargain for the next 3 years.
His pass-blocking stats were better than Peters'. His run-blocking stats would be atrocious. He's not a good fit in Jacksonville's scheme.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 11:59 PM    (permalink
ricowboy
Rookie

Quote:
Neither the Eagles or the Bills got rid of their players because they were playing poorly, it was because of contract situations. His stats as a pass blocker last year were better, but as a former O-linemen myself, I can tell you stats are meaningless when evaluating OL, and O-linemen don't care about stats at all. They care about physically dominating the player they are responsible for. Once again, I respectfully disagree with your opinion, but after two games this year maybe you'll have to change your mind;).
Peters gave up the most sacks out of any Left Tackle in football! I am a former o-lineman myself. 11.5 sacks are plenty to be worried about. I agree he has a chance to turn it around. we should talk helf way through the year.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:01 AM    (permalink
ricowboy
Rookie

Quote:
I personally don't give a crap what ESPN says, honestly. My opinions of Lt are based solely off of what I've seen from him and what I belive he is capable of doing. I will have to respectfully disagree with your opinion of having MJG or Barber over him, though for me, MJG is really, really close. I agree he is a hall of famer as well.
Don't hang on to LT.....Many Cowboy fans hung on to Emmitt. Similar situation.....Let go! He is not the player he once was. He cannot take over a game like he used too. Just like Peters we should chat after 8 games!
Old 05-17-2009, 12:03 AM    (permalink
ricowboy
Rookie

Sniper and Eaglesalltheway it has been a great discussion. Thanks for the debate. We should chat soon about a different topic. Look forward to talking with you in the future!
Old 05-17-2009, 12:46 AM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

There's a very good chance Peters is an elite LT next season for the iggles, but all you eagles fans trying to say he wasn't horrendous in his 13 games last season are just wrong on this one. That's a horrible argument I know, but Peters was just atrocious, I really don't know how I could better prove this point, he gave up position, didn't use his hands well, made dumb mistakes and wasn't even that good in the running game. I loved him last offseason because he was an UDFA who played like one of the league's best LT and had an awesome car, but he just really turned me off with his play. He probably just wasn't going 100% b/c he was pissed at the bills for not re-negotiating his contract even though he had two years left, but his game film is just embarassing.
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 10:56 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Don't hang on to LT.....Many Cowboy fans hung on to Emmitt. Similar situation.....Let go! He is not the player he once was. He cannot take over a game like he used too. Just like Peters we should chat after 8 games!
I agree he isn't what he once was, but once agin, the discussion is about how balnced he is as a RB compared to MJD and Marion Barber. He is more blanced than Barber, easily, and the argument can be made for MJD... I have been saying this for 3 or 4 posts now...

Old 05-17-2009, 11:02 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hero View Post
There's a very good chance Peters is an elite LT next season for the iggles, but all you eagles fans trying to say he wasn't horrendous in his 13 games last season are just wrong on this one. That's a horrible argument I know, but Peters was just atrocious, I really don't know how I could better prove this point, he gave up position, didn't use his hands well, made dumb mistakes and wasn't even that good in the running game. I loved him last offseason because he was an UDFA who played like one of the league's best LT and had an awesome car, but he just really turned me off with his play. He probably just wasn't going 100% b/c he was pissed at the bills for not re-negotiating his contract even though he had two years left, but his game film is just embarassing.
I know there have been some Eagles fans saying last year wasn't bad. I am however, not one of them (unless I have alien hands syndrome, House FTW!). I recognize he didn't play to the same calibur last year, especially in the passing game, but he was still very good in the run game from all that I've seen/ I have been saying he will improve off of last year and gain back 2007 form because though his contract nujber that everyone sees is huge. From reports, it is incentive filled, and he would get much less if he doesn't play to a certain level. He also has Juan Castillo there to berate him when he effs up (it'll happen, it happens to every linemen). They are adding some different techniques to his game to help fit into our blocking scheme a little better, and because of the way his contract is configured, as well as his coach and the talent around him, there is plenty of evidence for me think (without bias) he will greatly improve off of last season.

Old 05-18-2009, 09:48 AM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

people reading this thread will think I'm just bagging on Jason, but that's not true, I like the dude and he had a great story before he whined like a schoolyard ***** last summer. I'm not even sure I'd give him good as a run blocker for last season, much less very good. He didn't get owned there like he did in pass pro but he wasn't getting a very good push and he wasn't sealing guys off effectively. There's a reason Marshawn Lynch has always had low YPC numbers and one need not do more than look at the OL, this season the right side was the only dependable side to run behind and even there Brad Butler got beat by better DTs. I hope Jason does bounce back but he's got a lot of work to do to make people forget about last season.
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:03 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hero View Post
people reading this thread will think I'm just bagging on Jason, but that's not true, I like the dude and he had a great story before he whined like a schoolyard ***** last summer. I'm not even sure I'd give him good as a run blocker for last season, much less very good. He didn't get owned there like he did in pass pro but he wasn't getting a very good push and he wasn't sealing guys off effectively. There's a reason Marshawn Lynch has always had low YPC numbers and one need not do more than look at the OL, this season the right side was the only dependable side to run behind and even there Brad Butler got beat by better DTs. I hope Jason does bounce back but he's got a lot of work to do to make people forget about last season.
I think he can and will bounce back, because his contract, team, and even the city of Philadelphia will call for it. I don't know how he responds to the fans in Philly, but I can bet he won't want to be on the recieving end of 60,000+ boos...

Old 05-18-2009, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think he can and will bounce back, because his contract, team, and even the city of Philadelphia will call for it. I don't know how he responds to the fans in Philly, but I can bet he won't want to be on the recieving end of 60,000+ boos...
60,000? Are the Eagles going to be only playing in front of 2/3 capacity?
Old 05-18-2009, 01:21 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
60,000? Are the Eagles going to be only playing in front of 2/3 capacity?
Could've sworn the stadium had like a 66,000 capacity.

Googled it, its 68,000 ish...

Old 05-18-2009, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Could've sworn the stadium had like a 66,000 capacity.

Googled it, its 68,000 ish...
I could have sworn it was 90K. My bad.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:38 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I could have sworn it was 90K. My bad.
I thought it was like that because I have a shirt that mentions the Linc's capacity. So I figured they wouldn't get that wrong, lol.

Old 05-18-2009, 03:12 PM    (permalink
JHG722
Veteran

JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.

Giants and Eagles are basically even, but Giants would get the nod for winning the SB
Old 05-23-2009, 12:36 AM    (permalink
ricowboy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post
Giants and Eagles are basically even, but Giants would get the nod for winning the SB
Giants win period......GM has been there only a few years and they won the SB. Reid and company have been there since 98 and no SB! Giants win!