Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 05-10-2009, 07:51 AM    (permalink
ChiefLee
Rookie

ChiefLee hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default 10 Reasons the Chiefs Will Be Better in 2009

1 - Herm is Gone - I was OK with the hiring of Herm. Didn't love it. But I was OK with it. Herm's a good guy. I think he's a pretty good motivator and evaluator of talent. But he's one of the worst game day coaches I've ever watched.

2 - Cassel at QB - After watching Huard, Croyle and Thigpen, I was very pleased to see Pioli make his first order of business getting a legitimate quarterback.

3 - Vrabel at LB - Vrabel will be the quarterback of the defense. Didn't have one last year. He lead the Pats in sacks twice, and will bring much needed intensity to this side of the ball.

4 - No More Cover 2 - While it will take some time to transition to the 3-4, I'll be very happy if I never see the Chiefs in a Cover 2 as their base defense.

5 - The O-Line - While Chiefs fans remain unhappy, the offensive line is not that bad. We've become a bit spoiled with great line play during the Marty and Vermeil years. The Chiefs upgraded with the signings of Goff and Ghiaciuc. We'll be fine up front.

6 - Youth - The Youth Movement is one year older. Whew!

7 - Chan Gailey - Last year Chan completely revamped the offense around Tyler Thigpen half way through the season. Impressive work. This year he's got a real QB.

8 - Zach Thomas - Another great pickup. Leadership and intensity.

9 - Carl Peterson - Yep, after about a hundred years at the helm, Carl is gone. Carl did many good things for the Chiefs and for Kansas City. But it was time for a the change. Thank you Clark Hunt.

10 - And did I mention that Herm is gone?

Custom Promotional Products | Personalized Tote Bags
ChiefLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 08:26 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the biggest reasons are Josh McDaniels and Al Davis

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:58 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

5 and 8 are the only ones I disagree with.

Ghuciac is not an upgrade over anyone. The dominant AFCN NTs DESTROYED him, and who do we play this year? The AFC N.

Zach Thomas is a one year stopgap. He was absolutely terrible last year. He will be terrible this year.

The rest are pretty agreeable.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, I'm still not sure he's much of an upgrade over Rocky Boiman IMHO. He does bring leadership. Also, I don't really see Vrabel as the probowler he used to be.....

Our line has been upgraded. Assuming Watters comes back. McSack was improving down the stretch and we picked up goff. As long as those dominant nose tackles don't play when we play the AFC North, then we'll be allright :).