Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-11-2009, 11:55 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Marketing Project Help

So.....I am doing a project in my sports marketing class and we need to create an event that we can sell to sponsors. Essentially I am going to be creating a sales pitch to get sponsors for my event. That said, I need a creative event as the essential part. I have some ideas, but I am not in love with any of them. Therefore, I will turn to my creative and brilliant NFLDC brethren for some ideas. No sport is off limits (but I will need to research some stuff so a REALLY obscure one wont be fun), something like the UFC would be totally fine for example. So show me NFLDC, what do you got?

** Rep will be given
Old 05-12-2009, 12:05 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Go for a charity event. In times like these, nothing sells like good will

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:13 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For hockey: Skates that have two blades on each foot. Both on the outsides of the feet. Seems like it would relieve tension and lead to longer ice time. That's just me though.

Oh, and I don't know **** about hockey so don't take my word for it.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:15 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
For hockey: Skates that have two blades on each foot. Both on the outsides of the feet. Seems like it would relieve tension and lead to longer ice time. That's just me though.

Oh, and I don't know **** about hockey so don't take my word for it.
He needs an event not a product

Old 05-12-2009, 12:16 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

****. Make that an event. Facebook's good for that.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Go for a charity event. In times like these, nothing sells like good will
How about, in the NBA offseason a 2 on 2 tourney for T-Mac's darfur refugees charity (maybe just NBAcares). It would have a pool of real NBA players and teams would be generated either randomly or pre-selected. The games would then be conducted tourney style in a one day event. Is that something you might be interested in?
Old 05-12-2009, 12:18 AM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hold some kind of international tournament. The FIFA world cup sells tons of tickets, sponsership and merchandise.

Maybe hold a FIBA tournament in the US?

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:22 AM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

b-ball tourney is a great idea, we hold one every year in the name of a friend that died too young, there is always a great turnout. You can raffle off prizes, sell t-shirts, (that's what we do) hand out pamphlets on the McGrady cause, everything goes to the charity. Have a dj and a beer booth. You can design flyers and include them as part of the project.
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:23 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
Hold some kind of international tournament. The FIFA world cup sells tons of tickets, sponsership and merchandise.

Maybe hold a FIBA tournament in the US?
I was thinking soccer (I am a huge fan), but I already know one kid who is doing it. As for FIBA, I think there would be logistical problems considering they hold a major tourney every 2 years and getting the right for another one would be tough. Plus, demographic and ratings info from previous tourneys will likely be a pain in the ass to find.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:25 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
How about, in the NBA offseason a 2 on 2 tourney for T-Mac's darfur refugees charity (maybe just NBAcares). It would have a pool of real NBA players and teams would be generated either randomly or pre-selected. The games would then be conducted tourney style in a one day event. Is that something you might be interested in?
I'd be interested if I was a basketball fan, but I'm not

Old 05-12-2009, 12:25 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by locseti View Post
b-ball tourney is a great idea, we hold one every year in the name of a friend that died too young, there is always a great turnout. You can raffle off prizes, sell t-shirts, (that's what we do) hand out pamphlets on the McGrady cause, everything goes to the charity. Have a dj and a beer booth. You can design flyers and include them as part of the project.
Yeah, I mean....I am hoping this would be huge. Considering it would be NBA players with some big guys, I would like to have it in NY or LA at MSG or Staples.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:27 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Harlem Globetrotters.....you'd be rolling in the benjamins

Old 05-12-2009, 12:28 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mud wrestling. I did this in marketing when I was in High School and did Disc Golf.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

b-ball game where a football team takes on the local b-ball team?

like, Dallas Cowboys vs. Mavericks?

Or even, a football team has a game against a local baseball team in Basketball? when I was younger, the Niners had a team play the Giants in basketball and it was awesome.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:33 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
b-ball game where a football team takes on the local b-ball team?

like, Dallas Cowboys vs. Mavericks?
How about football team takes on basketball players in baseball? The basketball team wouldn't have an advantage.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 01:32 AM    (permalink
JHG722
Veteran

JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.JHG722 could make a wolverine purr.

Celebrity Slamball game to raise money for _____ charity.

I can guarantee no one else picked that.

You're welcome.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:23 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How about an event where gamers take on the pros at their sport on what ever platform you like. You could also ring in money from the maker of that platform as well.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:07 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You must have some celebrity or charitable orginaztion get involved..your event needs a message with that backing.

For example road race, golf tourney, bike ride. You can get corporate sponsorship pretty easily with those type of events as long as they are for a worthy cause

oh creative event?

A Wii Bowling Tourney, Golden Tee contest, Long Drive Contest, Badminton or Bocci tourney, Horseshoes. darts something along those lines
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Last edited by bored of education : 05-12-2009 at 08:10 AM.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:52 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate to get all Jesus here...

But for my church we do a softball season every summer. Everyone can play and for each team that enters there is a $1000 entry fee. The rich people in your town would be all over that. The money goes to a charity here in Sioux Falls. And who knew that everyone can play softball? I'm fat as hell and I'm even playing. Before last year I never played softball (or baseball) in my entire life. Anyone can play. :)

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:59 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I was thinking soccer (I am a huge fan), but I already know one kid who is doing it. As for FIBA, I think there would be logistical problems considering they hold a major tourney every 2 years and getting the right for another one would be tough. Plus, demographic and ratings info from previous tourneys will likely be a pain in the ass to find.
soccer wouldn't be too hard I think. Here's a thought: Americas Championship League. The top teams from the top teams in North, Middle and South America compete for a cup or something. Basically the Champions League, but then in America.
You could sell it as a potentially huge impulse to the US football market (since the leagues in Brazil and Mexico are much stronger than MLS, and Americans hate to lose :D) providing a chance to finally truly launch soccer in the US. The popularity of the sport elsewhere should provide for a solid speech about the potential for this thing.

or something like that. It's probably a crappy idea.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:49 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
soccer wouldn't be too hard I think. Here's a thought: Americas Championship League. The top teams from the top teams in North, Middle and South America compete for a cup or something. Basically the Champions League, but then in America.
You could sell it as a potentially huge impulse to the US football market (since the leagues in Brazil and Mexico are much stronger than MLS, and Americans hate to lose :D) providing a chance to finally truly launch soccer in the US. The popularity of the sport elsewhere should provide for a solid speech about the potential for this thing.

or something like that. It's probably a crappy idea.
I actually like the idea of a champions league...that could definately be a good one. I mean, America would lose, but it would be a good idea for this project. Especially since there is already something out there to model it after.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
I actually like the idea of a champions league...that could definately be a good one. I mean, America would lose, but it would be a good idea for this project. Especially since there is already something out there to model it after.
well crazy as it sounds, the fact that American clubs would lose, it would still prove a huge impulse, as Americans hate losing. It could really jumpstart soccer in the US. And trust me there is not a single business that doesn't want to be a part of a sport like soccer when/if it explodes in the US. So money.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 01:05 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How about Rugby? Canada plays, US plays, they aren't exactly top level but it could work. If you wanted to include South America Argentina has a good team, get an American Tri-Nations tournament going like South Africa, Australia and New Zealand have.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote