Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-13-2009, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran

Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

And further proof the Redskin's FO is a league-wide joke. I wonder if this spells the end of Roth in Miami. If the Skins hadn't drafted Orakpo I would like to see Roth on the Skins. I think his best fit is a LDE in a 4-3 scheme.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Roth is a pretty decent player, but I don't think he is too great a fit for OLB ina 3-4, but I do like him as an LE, in a 4-3, he seems very good in stopping the run and more than capable of providing a pass rush.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 07:34 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
Roth is a pretty decent player, but I don't think he is too great a fit for OLB ina 3-4, but I do like him as an LE, in a 4-3, he seems very good in stopping the run and more than capable of providing a pass rush.
He ripped apart the Chargers' O this year, I seriously doubt they give up on him because they signed 34 year old Jason Taylor.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
He ripped apart the Chargers' O this year, I seriously doubt they give up on him because they signed 34 year old Jason Taylor.
Well, I guess he ripped them apart, but not many other teams, he only had 5 sacks last year. If you can find his QB rushes and TFL, which I am too lazy to look for I'll give you this argument, but if there not that great then Matt Roth is nothing special and can be upgraded, 5 sack at OLB, is pretty mediocre.

Bone Krusher, the best
Old 05-13-2009, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This move has zero risk. Parcells wins again.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great move for the Phins wasn't his best year in a 3-4?
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:37 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Remniscient of Denver getting a 3rd round comp pick for Ian Gold the same year they re-signed him.
Yeah...that was the best thing Gold ever did for denver.

I like the Taylor move a lot. Versatile guy that can add a whole dimension to the defense that already has Porter giving guys headaches. I had a hard time getting used to him not wearing a dolphins jersey.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

If Taylor can revert to old form and Porter plays like he did last year... well then Miami is going to have a scary pass rush.

Bone Krusher, the best
Old 05-13-2009, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_draft_fan View Post
And further proof the Redskin's FO is a league-wide joke. I wonder if this spells the end of Roth in Miami. If the Skins hadn't drafted Orakpo I would like to see Roth on the Skins. I think his best fit is a LDE in a 4-3 scheme.
We'll trade you him for a 2nd rounder in return.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Great move for the Phins wasn't his best year in a 3-4?
His best years was under Saban's defense which was a hybrid type scheme. He was a monster in it.

I'm glad to have JT back. I see him more as a situational type player for us rather then a starter. Roth is a good run stopper for us, but the dude lacks good pass rushing skills. So I would think the coaches will keep Roth in on running downs since that is his strength and put in JT on passing downs.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:52 PM    (permalink
superman
Veteran

superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I don't understand. How can an NFL player not sign with the Patriots, once they beckon for his lowly mortal self from their shining Mount Olympus? How can he pass up the greatest franchise in the history of the NFL, to not be coached by one of the greatest minds ever associated with sports? To not play with the greatest offense to exist in the history of mankind?

Truly it's puzzling.
maybe he has morals and wanted to play for someone that didn't cheat
Old 05-14-2009, 01:33 PM    (permalink
toddmlazarchick
Veteran

toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_draft_fan View Post
Because everyone could see Taylor coming to Washington and getting hurt and being uesless playing hurt the entire year and then not wanting to practice in the offseason and being cut

2011 FA: FS - OJ Atogwe
2011 Draft Picks: Ryan Kerrigan-OLB-Purdue, Jarvis Jenkins-DE-Clemson, Leonard Hankerson-WR-Miami, Roy Helu-RB-Nebraska, DeJon Gomes-CB/S-Nebraska, Niles Paul-WR-Nebraska, Evan Royster-RB-Penn State, Aldrick Robinson-WR-SMU, Brandyn Thompson-CB-Boise State, Maurice Hurt-OG-Florida, Markus White-OLB-Florida State, Chris Neild-NT-West Virginia
toddmlazarchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 01:44 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddmlazarchick View Post
Because everyone could see Taylor coming to Washington and getting hurt and being uesless playing hurt the entire year and then not wanting to practice in the offseason and being cut
Its true though, I never expected much out of Taylor for the Skins anyway, even before TC last year. At that point in his career, it was obvious his best fit was as a 3-4 OLB and that he wouldn't hold up as well as a 4-3 End. They tried him some at LE IIRC, and that was a huge mistake, but mostly played RE I believe. Even there he isn't a great fit, but trying him at LE is just illogical, especially if he is dinged up already. With the handling of Taylor and Orakpo (being put at SAM), I truly wonder if anyone in the Redskins organization knows basic fits for Defensive Linemen.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:42 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Its true though, I never expected much out of Taylor for the Skins anyway, even before TC last year. At that point in his career, it was obvious his best fit was as a 3-4 OLB and that he wouldn't hold up as well as a 4-3 End. They tried him some at LE IIRC, and that was a huge mistake, but mostly played RE I believe. Even there he isn't a great fit, but trying him at LE is just illogical, especially if he is dinged up already. With the handling of Taylor and Orakpo (being put at SAM), I truly wonder if anyone in the Redskins organization knows basic fits for Defensive Linemen.
Actually, all he played for us was LE
Old 05-14-2009, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran

Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
I have no problem with releasing Taylor but trading for him and not using him correctly was the problem. I supported the trade when it was made but Blanche stuck him at LDE in a base 4-3 defense which is a complete misuse of his skills. Word was Blanche didn't want him and Snyder gave the order to get Taylor. No communication between coaching staff & FO = fail. And it was well known that Taylor skipped offseason practices to go "Dancing with the Stars" in 2008, so there was a definite risk that he may not attend off-season workouts in 2009.
Old 05-15-2009, 01:38 PM    (permalink
toddmlazarchick
Veteran

toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
With the handling of Taylor and Orakpo (being put at SAM), I truly wonder if anyone in the Redskins organization knows basic fits for Defensive Linemen.
He hasnt even played a freaking snap in the NFL yet and he is being mishandled? Dude please! He worked at SAM for THREE DAYS! Its already been said that he will play DE on passing situations. If someone on our LB corps steps up and can fill in at SAM then he can play DE for three downs. Orakpo at SAM for 1st and 2nd down and DE on 3rd > Blades at SAM for 1st 2nd and 3rd down. BTW it worked out well for Merriman dont you think?

Also he is a rookie and Blache does not rely on them for major roles right away. Working him in is his style not throwing him there and depending on him to make or break. Phillip Daniels right now is better against the run then Orakpo because Orakpo has yet to play a down. Id rather have Daniels holding ground against Brandon Jacobs right now then Orakpo. With that said if Orakpo can show he is as good against the run as Daniels then moving him to DE full time is what will happen.

2011 FA: FS - OJ Atogwe
2011 Draft Picks: Ryan Kerrigan-OLB-Purdue, Jarvis Jenkins-DE-Clemson, Leonard Hankerson-WR-Miami, Roy Helu-RB-Nebraska, DeJon Gomes-CB/S-Nebraska, Niles Paul-WR-Nebraska, Evan Royster-RB-Penn State, Aldrick Robinson-WR-SMU, Brandyn Thompson-CB-Boise State, Maurice Hurt-OG-Florida, Markus White-OLB-Florida State, Chris Neild-NT-West Virginia

Last edited by toddmlazarchick : 05-15-2009 at 01:41 PM.
toddmlazarchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 01:46 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He hasnt even played a freaking snap in the NFL yet and he is being mishandled? Dude please! He worked at SAM for THREE DAYS! Its already been said that he will play DE on passing situations. If someone on our LB corps steps up and can fill in at SAM then he can play DE for three downs. Orakpo at SAM for 1st and 2nd down and DE on 3rd > Blades at SAM for 1st 2nd and 3rd down. BTW it worked out well for Merriman dont you think?
It all depends how they use him, he is supposed to just be a rush backer so we will see how it goes, but how can he start at DE? There is no way he takes Carters spot and he aint no LE.