Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-15-2009, 03:10 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default NFL raises salary cap to 128 million

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4169590

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 03:16 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if this increase will have a big effect on rookie contracts. Since the increase has been made will the top picks be asking for more cash now?

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 05:02 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doubt it. Stafford's deal will still set the rate for those after him.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really wonder if the current financial crisis will lead to a very bitter strike or lockout in 2011. If a lot of NFL owners are feeling the money pinch and are therefore unwilling to compromise, it may be extremely difficult to get the player's union to budge on its demands and a truly long shutdown could occur. I don't think I could stomack a complete season of scab players. It would turn me off football for quite awhile.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
I wonder if this increase will have a big effect on rookie contracts. Since the increase has been made will the top picks be asking for more cash now?
This adjustment was only $1 million, so I don't think it's going to affect much. **edit** At least that's how I interpreted it.

Last edited by Cicero : 05-16-2009 at 12:02 AM.
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 11:55 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ESPN just reported it was the biggest increase (from one year to another) in NFL history

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I really wonder if the current financial crisis will lead to a very bitter strike or lockout in 2011. If a lot of NFL owners are feeling the money pinch and are therefore unwilling to compromise, it may be extremely difficult to get the player's union to budge on its demands and a truly long shutdown could occur. I don't think I could stomack a complete season of scab players. It would turn me off football for quite awhile.
Why can't you "stomack" a complete season of scab players?

I enjoy football regardless of who is playing, but I guess I just have a different view.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 09:26 AM    (permalink
ChiefLee
Rookie

ChiefLee hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

NFL is likely headed for a nasty labor dispute. Which will make me very sad. A bunch of millionaires who can't agree how to share their money!

Custom Promotional Products | Personalized Tote Bags
ChiefLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefLee View Post
NFL is likely headed for a nasty labor dispute. Which will make me very sad. A bunch of millionaires who can't agree how to share their money!
more money makes more greedy.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 11:43 PM    (permalink
JLaw45
Rookie

JLaw45 is so money.JLaw45 is so money.JLaw45 is so money.JLaw45 is so money.JLaw45 is so money.JLaw45 is so money.JLaw45 is so money.JLaw45 is so money.JLaw45 is so money.JLaw45 is so money.JLaw45 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
Why can't you "stomack" a complete season of scab players?

I enjoy football regardless of who is playing, but I guess I just have a different view.
I agree. If anything, watching some of those "scab players" would be a little more fun for me. Sometimes its fun to see lesser known guys get their shot to make an impact.
The term "scab player" is pretty lousy to, IMO. These guys may not be on the freakish talent level we see so many stars at in the league but they work very hard and are all quite gifted nonetheless. They shouldn't be disrespected like that.
JLaw45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 05:01 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
more money makes more greedy.
There's a whole lotta issues other than revenue sharing.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 06:56 PM    (permalink
EricCartmann
Rookie

EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

128 million is not much when you have one guy taking such as Stafford taking up 12 million per year.