Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-17-2009, 12:21 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
I know, but it just gets annoying to come in to a thread like this where the chiefs and raiders have more representation than the Broncos. Then go over the mock drafts where the Broncos are picking top 5 in every single one. Honestly though, none of the three will make it.

And yeah it is all speculation. But I don't see anything about the Chiefs that make them pop off the page other than the fact they picked up a "Franchise QB" who put up decent stats with a superb offense. Now he is throwing behind an inferior line, with worse receivers.
I gotcha, but ya just gotta take your lumps. Right now, the 3 AFC West teams behind the Chargers are close together. In my opinion, the Raiders are in the better shape as they're not under a brand new Head Coach and going through a complete scheme change. I think Denver and KC are neck and neck, as I like Denver's offense more and KC's defense more. And with the dysfunctional Raiders, who knows?

I don't think any of the 3 are Playoff teams either, but based on the Division last season not being decided until the final game, San Diego can't be crowned winner just yet.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 12:39 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My 12 in no order

Steelers
Colts
Pats
Chargers
Texans
Ravens

Cards
Bears
Eagles
Saints
Giants
Falcons
Old 05-17-2009, 12:57 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New England - The obvious #1 choice and probably the SB favourite.
Jacksonville - Should bounce back and be a contender
Dallas - post Jimmy Johnson, the Cowboys haven't accomplished much with Jones running the show. Sure they won one post Johnson but it was with his players. As long as Jones is running the show the Cowboys may be in trouble.
Washington - solid team but in tough in the NFC East
Chicago - Cutler will make them a serious contender
Green Bay - Should bounce back if Rodgers continues to improve.
Houston - In tough division but with even Indy having a question mark, Houston could surprise
New Orleans - Can Brees win the bigs ones, I just don't know. This year should tell the story.
Seattle - If Hasselback returns to form, they could challenge but it isn't a sure thing.
Oakland - I think they are a year away and the HC may be a question mark, but they are going as far as Russell will carry them.

It is actually quite a possibility that at least 8 of them could make the playoffs. The NFL generally has between 6 and 8 new teams make the playoffs every year. If you want to know which ones have a really solid chance, just check out these team's schedules. The NFL is and has been for some time, a scheduled influenced league especially for teams that lack a true franchise QB. A true franchise QB will overcome a tough schedule but if your team doesn't have one, then schedule is usually the deciding factor in who makes the playoffs and the main reason why 6-8 new teams do it practically every year.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:00 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chiefs
Raiders
Broncos
Seahawks
49ers
Rams

See what I did there, gave the west some love. Since no one else does. NFC and AFC West fans unite against hatrid and mediocrity.

And oh yeah, seriously got to say New England cuz they are going to win the super bowl. That is not an opinion, it is a fact. I have consulted with Trent Dilfer.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:46 AM    (permalink
DenverDex
Rookie

DenverDex needs more cowbell.

The Oakland Raiders don't have an offensive line. I don't see how anyone can pick Oakland over anyone in the AFC West. The Raiders had a choice between Eugene Monroe arguably the best OT in the draft, or Crabtree the best WR in the draft. They took maybe the 3rd ranked WR in the draft.

Can't even try passing the ball if your scrub QB in Russell doesn't even have time to stare wide receivers down.

The AFC west is the Chargers for another year.

AFC West Rankings
1.Chargers
2a. Broncos
2b. Chiefs

4. Raiders

PS: Darren McFadden is overrated and is marshmellow soft. Justin Fargas >>>>>>>> McFaildden

Last edited by DenverDex : 05-17-2009 at 06:51 AM.
DenverDex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 07:17 AM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie

MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I'm flabergasted by the lack of respect for the Broncos. Seriously...the chiefs and the raiders making it before the Broncos? I can live with the Chargers making it, but there is no way the Broncos are going to finish below the raiders and the chiefs. Anyone who thinks that should probably do a little more reasearch other than ZoMFG THEY FIRED SHANNY AND TRaDeD CUTLErZzzzz
Your right, I don't know how people are so foolish to under-rate the worst defense in the league quarterbacked by Kyle Orton. Kyle Orton has a great starting record and I'm sure he will continue that trend with your horrific defense because he is the kind of QB who can carry a team.
MasterShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 07:20 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
Your right, I don't know how people are so foolish to under-rate the worst defense in the league quarterbacked by Kyle Orton. Kyle Orton has a great starting record and I'm sure he will continue that trend with your horrific defense because he is the kind of QB who can carry a team.
no. Kyle Orton is a good QB but he will never carry a team. He never has and i doubt he ever will

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 08:02 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gay Ork Wang View Post
no. Kyle Orton is a good QB but he will never carry a team. He never has and i doubt he ever will
he's got a neckbeard to support, he cannot be bothered with trivial maters such as a team.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 09:24 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverDex View Post
The Oakland Raiders don't have an offensive line. I don't see how anyone can pick Oakland over anyone in the AFC West. The Raiders had a choice between Eugene Monroe arguably the best OT in the draft, or Crabtree the best WR in the draft. They took maybe the 3rd ranked WR in the draft.

Can't even try passing the ball if your scrub QB in Russell doesn't even have time to stare wide receivers down.

The AFC west is the Chargers for another year.

AFC West Rankings
1.Chargers
2a. Broncos
2b. Chiefs

4. Raiders

PS: Darren McFadden is overrated and is marshmellow soft. Justin Fargas >>>>>>>> McFaildden
Actually, I think you dreaming on Denver and you hatred of the Raiders is clouding your judgment.

San Diego which IMO is only held back by a mediocre HC.
Oakland is probably a year away from a breakout season. They go as far as Russell improves but 8 or 9 wins looks to be tops for next year.
Kansas City looks to be on the rise but they are still a long ways from being good enough to compete.

Denver will be lucky to win 4 games IMO and should easily be the bottom feeder in the AFC West. If the new HC is as bad at coaching as he is in handling players even 4 wins may be a struggle. We'll have to see if he can even get his team on his side after a disasterous off season and it won't be much better next year with no 1st rounder which could turnout to be a top 5 pick. Not a good time to be a Denver fan.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:42 PM    (permalink
DenverDex
Rookie

DenverDex needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Actually, I think you dreaming on Denver and you hatred of the Raiders is clouding your judgment.

San Diego which IMO is only held back by a mediocre HC.
Oakland is probably a year away from a breakout season. They go as far as Russell improves but 8 or 9 wins looks to be tops for next year.
Kansas City looks to be on the rise but they are still a long ways from being good enough to compete.

Denver will be lucky to win 4 games IMO and should easily be the bottom feeder in the AFC West. If the new HC is as bad at coaching as he is in handling players even 4 wins may be a struggle. We'll have to see if he can even get his team on his side after a disasterous off season and it won't be much better next year with no 1st rounder which could turnout to be a top 5 pick. Not a good time to be a Denver fan.
There is no way our defense can be worse than last years. Getting Rid of Bob Slowik the worst defensive coordinator of all time ensures that. Even without Cutler, our offense will still be productive as Orton is a capable starting QB in this league even if he doesn't have the potential Cutler had. I can't say I disagree that McDaniels hasn't handled some of the players properly, but to say he's going to be a failure as a HC is premature.

Oh and we still do have a 1st rounder next year.

The Broncos, Chiefs and Chargers all have way more potential than Oakland does. The Broncos will win at least 8 games next year, while the Raiders are the ones that will continue to be the bottom feeders of the AFC west.

Raiders are the ones that'll be lucky to win 4 games next year. But I'd expect nothing less from a team that went 24-72 over the last 6 years.

Last edited by DenverDex : 05-17-2009 at 06:47 PM.
DenverDex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 07:00 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Worst defense in the league? Yeah they're really really bad, but you forgot about the Lions.
Old 05-17-2009, 07:06 PM    (permalink
OneToughGame
Veteran

OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
New England - The obvious #1 choice and probably the SB favourite.
Jacksonville - Should bounce back and be a contender
Dallas - post Jimmy Johnson, the Cowboys haven't accomplished much with Jones running the show. Sure they won one post Johnson but it was with his players. As long as Jones is running the show the Cowboys may be in trouble.
Washington - solid team but in tough in the NFC East
Chicago - Cutler will make them a serious contender
Green Bay - Should bounce back if Rodgers continues to improve.
Houston - In tough division but with even Indy having a question mark, Houston could surprise
New Orleans - Can Brees win the bigs ones, I just don't know. This year should tell the story.
Seattle - If Hasselback returns to form, they could challenge but it isn't a sure thing.
Oakland - I think they are a year away and the HC may be a question mark, but they are going as far as Russell will carry them.

It is actually quite a possibility that at least 8 of them could make the playoffs. The NFL generally has between 6 and 8 new teams make the playoffs every year. If you want to know which ones have a really solid chance, just check out these team's schedules. The NFL is and has been for some time, a scheduled influenced league especially for teams that lack a true franchise QB. A true franchise QB will overcome a tough schedule but if your team doesn't have one, then schedule is usually the deciding factor in who makes the playoffs and the main reason why 6-8 new teams do it practically every year.
Hasselbeck ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
too bad the Sea hawks are starting Hasselback and not Whitehorsest (sp)They are gonna loose any ways .
OneToughGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I expect my team to be in the mix. Perhaps it's a little homerism, but playing in the NFC West where a 9-7 record can get you into the playoffs, I feel a little optimistic here. Especially since Shaun Hill was playing like dynamite for the eight games he started. I just hope he can turn that potential into a full time gig. I feel really good about our receiving corp as well. Bruce is still a B+ receiver, Josh Morgan is now healthy and according to reports he is tearing it up in camp more than he was last season, and we have Crabtree as well. Even Jason Hill, our fourth string receiver looks like a young Isaac Bruce type with a little less speed. If we avoid injuries, we should have a great season.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Texans look good, except Shaub can't stay healthy and they lost Sage and got Orlovsky. Sage was a turnover machine, but he also put up lots of points, where Orlovsky just stinks.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 08:33 PM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie

MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
Hmmm...I thought the sarcasm was dripping off my post, but next time I'll lather on another coat to be sure.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:48 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes because the quality of talent on offense in Denver is the same as Chicago last year. And of course, Denver didn't do anything to change their defense. They retained their defensive coordinator, didn't get rid of any of their bad defensive players, and didn't make any quality additions to the defense like Brian Dawkins, Robert Ayers, and Alphonso Smith. They also don't have champ bailey returning. They also didn't improve the rest of the offense by drafting an excellent all-around RB with blocking skills. They also don't have an amazing offensive line. I hope my sarcasm is detectable

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 09:14 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

The NFC East is gonna be hella hard, as usual. The Eagles by far had the best offseason in the league. They upgraded almost everywhere on both sides of the ball and increased the longevity of their biggest worker, Westbrook. McNabb is still money. The loss of Dawkins hurts emotionally, but they still have one of the strongest secondaries, especially at the corners. Plus they looked like their playoff-self towards the end of the season, despite being too late for a playoff run.

The Giants are still heavyweights for the Lombardi. The only concern IMO would be the lack of Burress an how Eli will function without him. They get Osi back and are still stacked up front, even though their secondary could get thin near seasons end.

The Cowboys and Redskins will fight for the 3rd spot with the rest of the NFC. Both teams have added another year to their still unimproved offensive lines. Both teams still have huge threats on both sides of the ball. Romo/Witten/Barber is a fantastic trio and they get Jones back who looked legit in his limited time. Pending Garrett can stay true to the run and Roy Williams gets his **** together the offense shouldn't miss a beat. The defense is still more than solid. They got appropriate LBer help this offseason as well.

The Redskins depend on the development of Campbell this year and need another WR to step up and help out. Whether that be Davis, Thomas, Kelly, Mitchell, anybody, they need another big threat. With another year of installation of Zorn's playbook, hopefully things should improve. Portis is still a horse and can carry the team when needed. Everybody knows that they added Orakpo and Haynesworth to help stack the front line. This should help create more turnover opportunities for Hall, Landry, Horton/Moore, and Rogers. The already 4th ranked defense last year should be even better this year.

So yeah that's my quick rundown on the NFCE. It should be interesting as usual.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:21 PM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie

Quote:
Yes because the quality of talent on offense in Denver is the same as Chicago last year. And of course, Denver didn't do anything to change their defense. They retained their defensive coordinator, didn't get rid of any of their bad defensive players, and didn't make any quality additions to the defense like Brian Dawkins, Robert Ayers, and Alphonso Smith. They also don't have champ bailey returning. They also didn't improve the rest of the offense by drafting an excellent all-around RB with blocking skills. They also don't have an amazing offensive line. I hope my sarcasm is detectable
Dropping names like Robert Ayers, Alphonso Smith and a 36 year old Brian Dawkins will get you everywhere in convincing me that pathetic excuse for a defense will turn around in a single year.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:28 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I expect my team to be in the mix. Perhaps it's a little homerism, but playing in the NFC West where a 9-7 record can get you into the playoffs, I feel a little optimistic here. Especially since Shaun Hill was playing like dynamite for the eight games he started. I just hope he can turn that potential into a full time gig. I feel really good about our receiving corp as well. Bruce is still a B+ receiver, Josh Morgan is now healthy and according to reports he is tearing it up in camp more than he was last season, and we have Crabtree as well. Even Jason Hill, our fourth string receiver looks like a young Isaac Bruce type with a little less speed. If we avoid injuries, we should have a great season.
We have a lot of depth on offense actually. RB, TE, FB (Our blocking TE can back up, so can Michael Robinson), WR, OT (Adam Snyder is a good backup), OG (Tony Wragge isn't a shabby backup). Heck, even though our QBs arent world-beaters, both have starting experience. There isnt much of a dropoff from one to the other. Dont know if thats good or bad though :D

Definsively, We have nice depth at DE, ILB, CB, and FS, but were screwed at NT and OLB. If our starters there suffer a injury we are toast. Unfortunately, those are the 2 most important positions in the 3-4..

Last edited by 49ersfan_87 : 05-17-2009 at 10:05 PM.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 09:38 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dropping names like Robert Ayers, Alphonso Smith and a 36 year old Brian Dawkins will get you everywhere in convincing me that pathetic excuse for a defense will turn around in a single year.
So telling you how the team improved is not enough to convince you how the team improved? Interesting.

Wow...you did a good job refuting everything I said. Actually, all you did was attack the defense again. Sure they were very bad. I honestly don't think they can be worse. They definately won't be in the top half, but I could definately see them improving to around 20th.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 09:59 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Jaguars might surprise people. Remember, they're just a year separated from a great season that culminated in a successful playoff run.

Now they've done some addition by subtraction and they've got their offensive line back, which was one of the top five or so in the league when it was healthy.

The status of Vince Manuwai is key, but he expects to be back by training camp. If he is, then things might be interesting.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New England Patriots
Seattle Seahawks
San Fransisco 49ers
Jacksonville Jaguars
New Orleans Saints
Chicago Bears

Those would be my 6 teams to look out for that didn't make the playoffs last year. Patriots should be a given with Brady back. They will turn in to instant contenders and possibly make another Super Bowl run. With Hasselbeck back and a healthy team with the additions of Housh and Curry, I think Seattle could surprise and make a run at the division again. Same thing with San Fran., they came close last year and should improve more this year. Jacksonville had an off year, and I liked that he improved their O-Line in the draft, and I'm expecting Garrard to have a bounce-back year. I think the Saints could surprise this year in the South. If they don't win the division, I could see them sneaking into a wildcard spot with around a 10-6 record. Chicago greatly improved with the addition of Cutler instantly giving them a shot at the division in my opinion. Even though he doesn't have great threats at WR, I think he will be able to get the job done well enough to possibly win the division with around a 10-6 record.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 10:48 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Oaklands season pretty much relies totally on Russell.The only improvement we made on defense was getting rid of Ryan.And even then it may not even matter.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:01 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My sleepers for this season

Jets
Bengals
Texans
and

Chiefs

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 11:34 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
I think San Diego is almost as likely to have a losing record as they are to make the playoffs. The only thing is their division is bad, so they probably only need to go .500 in the division to win it. Kansas City almost beat San Diego twice last year, and that was before they added Matt Cassel, Zach Thomas, Mike Vrabel, Tyson Jackson, and Bobby Engram - plus new coaches usually have big first years nowadays....so who knows, it's the NFL, anything can happen.

I do think that since 5 to 7 teams always make the playoffs after missing the year before, that San Diego is one of the most likely teams to be miss this year and Kansas City makes more sense than Denver or Oakland to take that spot.

Two obvious teams to watch this year for me are Seattle and Jacksonville. They were two of the best in their respective conferences just two seasons ago.
I think it would take unprecedented and crucial injuries to get SD to miss. Last year they were 8-8, but really 9-7 without the Hochuli incident, and that was a season where they got absolutely no bounces. Merriman is back, and since Indy and New England didn't win their division, we get to dodge them this year. Everyone who think it's even a possibility that the Bolts do not continue owning the AFC West is underestimating the rebuilding projects in store for Denver, KC, and Oakland.

That sounds pretty biased reading it back, but seriously all these teams are rebuilding. KC traded Gonzo for a pick NEXT year, Denver decided it didn't want a franchise QB. Only Oakland has the potential to do some damage if their offensive talent matures all at once and their D holds together. And that is something we have been saying for a while now.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote