Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: NFC East vs. NFC North: Who Would Win In A Head-to-Head Matchup?
NFC East 43 41.75%
NFC North 60 58.25%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-17-2009, 10:24 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
No, I think the ends are a wash, but inside, I'd rather have the Williamses. Haynesworth is the best DT in the league, but IMHO, Kevin Williams is the 2nd best and I'd rather have Pat Williams than Bunkley.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

you're kidding right?
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 11:30 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When you have the number one rush defense in the NFL for three years straight and its mainly because of Kevin and Pat Williams inside..I think I would take Kevin and Pat.

As for the defensive ends the main stats can say it all. Given Osi wasn't able to play last year because of injury, I took the stats from Osi, Tuck, Allen and Kampman since '05. Tuck and Osi combined for 326 Tackles and 56.5 sacks. Kampman and Allen combined for 546 Tackles and 92 sacks. Even if I projected Osi '08 stats by just taking total averages it wouldnt be even close.

Both these DL's would be amazing to watch but I would like the chance of the North because of being able to stop the run and get the passer.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 12:06 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whoever put East's team together is a joke.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 12:14 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
Whoever put East's team together is a joke.
How would you have put it together, Superman?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 12:15 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
No, I think the ends are a wash, but inside, I'd rather have the Williamses. Haynesworth is the best DT in the league, but IMHO, Kevin Williams is the 2nd best and I'd rather have Pat Williams than Bunkley.
Really? The DEnds are a wash? Oooooooooooooooooooook.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 05-17-2009, 12:34 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB- Donovan McNabb
RB- Marion Barber
FB- Leonard Weaver
WR- Roy Williams
WR- Santana Moss
TE- Jason Witten
OT-Chris Samuels
OT- Jason Peters
G-Leonard Davis
G-Shawn Andrews
C-Andre Gurode

DE-Justin tuck
DE-Osi
DT-Broderick Bunkley
DT-Albert Haynesworth
MLB-Stewart Bradley/Lond Fletcher
OLB-Michael Boley
OLB-Demarcus Ware
CB- Terrance Newman
CB-Asante Samuel/Sheldon Brown
S-Quintin Mikell
S-LaRon Landry

And thats trying to be completely unbiased. Normally, I wouldnt put Terrance Newman in there, but both Eagles CB's.

Edit: I put the oline together in a rush and would probably put a few Giants in there.

Last edited by superman8456 : 05-17-2009 at 12:38 PM.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
As for the defensive ends the main stats can say it all. Given Osi wasn't able to play last year because of injury, I took the stats from Osi, Tuck, Allen and Kampman since '05. Tuck and Osi combined for 326 Tackles and 56.5 sacks. Kampman and Allen combined for 546 Tackles and 92 sacks. Even if I projected Osi '08 stats by just taking total averages it wouldnt be even close.
Considering Justin Tuck was a part-time player in 2005, played six games in 2006 and wasn't even a starter in 2007, that's really not a good comparison. Same type of situation with Osi. He only played 11 games in 2007.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really you shouldn't look at it like DE vs DE.

Its DE vs Tackles. Osi/Tuck would fair better against McKinnie/Pace than Allen/Kampman would fair against Diehl/Jason Peters IMO.

Plus Olsen helping out blocking is just a decent but not great inlinie blocker and Peterson has trouble in pass protection which is why they use Chester Taylor in Minni for passing situations. So Tuck/Osi could more disruptive on Cutler especially with Haynesworth up the middle too and Ware blitzing off the edge. I don't see anyone picking up Ware. And I see the North running a Tampa 2 with only rushing 4 and the East being more aggressive(because they are).

Allen/Kampman/Kevin Williams could be disruptive on Eli too. But Eli has better checkdown options in Westbrook and Witten. Peterson is just decent at catching the ball, could be better than we know but isn't asked to do it that much. Plus are we assuming the QBs know their offenses really well even though this is Cutlers first year in his offense. How much they have command of the offense determines quickness of release. If Cutlers running McCarthys scheme which is close to Shanahnans then he will release it quicker.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 01:12 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted for the East, but I'm not happy with either team. The East defense has weird personnel and I'm not sure they'll play well as a unit, but the North is overrated.....weak matchup.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
RB- Marion Barber
I'd take Westbrook, Portis, and Jacobs all before Barber.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
I voted for the East, but I'm not happy with either team. The East defense has weird personnel and I'm not sure they'll play well as a unit, but the North is overrated.....weak matchup.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
QB- Donovan McNabb
RB- Marion Barber
FB- Leonard Weaver
WR- Roy Williams
WR- Santana Moss
TE- Jason Witten
OT-Chris Samuels
OT- Jason Peters
G-Leonard Davis
G-Shawn Andrews
C-Andre Gurode

DE-Justin tuck
DE-Osi
DT-Broderick Bunkley
DT-Albert Haynesworth
MLB-Stewart Bradley/Lond Fletcher
OLB-Michael Boley
OLB-Demarcus Ware
CB- Terrance Newman
CB-Asante Samuel/Sheldon Brown
S-Quintin Mikell
S-LaRon Landry

And thats trying to be completely unbiased. Normally, I wouldnt put Terrance Newman in there, but both Eagles CB's.

Edit: I put the oline together in a rush and would probably put a few Giants in there.
lulz, are you a dallas fan? Barber over Westbrook, Portis or even Jacobs? Terrance Newman and Asante Samuel over Webster and Brown? And that OL? Shawn Andrews is going to play RT next season so take Samuels and has over the hill ass off the list move Andrews to RT and put the league's best guard, Chris Snee, in that lineup and you at least have a case.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:57 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
So overrated that they beat your division by 51 votes.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
So overrated that they beat your division by 51 votes.
BUT THEY ARE ALL OVER .500!!!!!

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 02:03 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

The NFC North will be marching into the Championship Round!

During the Championship Round there will be 10 Notable Reserves listed for each team.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 05-17-2009, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Amazing that a division with the lions in it can have such a good looking All-Pro team. Haha.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
OT-Chris Samuels
OT- Jason Peters
G-Leonard Davis
G-Shawn Andrews
C-Andre Gurode

Yes. You should have. But you didn't.

Quote:
RB- Marion Barber
I like you think diabsoule did a piss poor job of making the NFC East and putting lesser players on the team is why the NFC East is losing the vote. That being said, putting no Giants on the offensive line, and the NFC East running back with the least rushing yards this past year means only one thing.

YOU HAVE FAILED
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Amazing that a division with the lions in it can have such a good looking All-Pro team. Haha.
And Calvin makes a huge impact because he's a freak paired with Peterson. Jennings and Berrian I don't think people would be singing the same tune without Calvin as a Lion plus Calvin would be a Buc so they don't get past the South.

At least the Lions have something to build around so there is a silver lining. Stafford and Pettigrew work out, 2-3 years down the line at least the offense will be very fun to watch. Defense I'll settle for average instead of record setting bad.

I think each team brings something big in one area. Bears LB,Packers secondary,Vikings Dline,Lions/Vikings the freak of natures, and how about the Bears bringing the QB. Never thought you'd say Bears and good QB in the same sentence.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 03:02 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
And Calvin makes a huge impact because he's a freak paired with Peterson. Jennings and Berrian I don't think people would be singing the same tune without Calvin as a Lion plus Calvin would be a Buc so they don't get past the South.

At least the Lions have something to build around so there is a silver lining. Stafford and Pettigrew work out, 2-3 years down the line at least the offense will be very fun to watch. Defense I'll settle for average instead of record setting bad.

I think each team brings something big in one area. Bears LB,Packers secondary,Vikings Dline,Lions/Vikings the freak of natures, and how about the Bears bringing the QB. Never thought you'd say Bears and good QB in the same sentence.
After next year I'm hoping Rodgers will be the QB for the North. Then all will be right with the North, the Packers will be back to having the best QB in the division, just like they have since 1992.
Old 05-17-2009, 04:16 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
Yes. You should have. But you didn't.

I like you think diabsoule did a piss poor job of making the NFC East and putting lesser players on the team is why the NFC East is losing the vote. That being said, putting no Giants on the offensive line, and the NFC East running back with the least rushing yards this past year means only one thing.
Eli Manning at QB is a joke and single handedly ruined it. There was also a lot of NYG on the original oline, some of which didnt deserve to be there. If anything Chris Snee and Shaun O'Hara, but not David Diehl. Shawn Andrews is trying out RT, so its not a definite he will play to the level he did at guard.

I put Marion Barber on there because I didnt want to seem to biased being an Eagles fan. Looking back, I would have put Clinton Portis. He can catch unlike Jacobs, and can block unlike Westbrook. Brandon Jacobs would probably be last on my list though.

Another reason I put Terrance Newman in there is to not seem so biased. But like I said in the original post, I would rather have Asante Samuel, Corey Webster, or Sheldon Brown. I think Corey Webster great and snubbed from Probowl
Old 05-17-2009, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Eli Manning at QB is a joke and single handedly ruined it.

No, it doesn't.

Quote:
There was also a lot of NYG on the original oline, some of which didnt deserve to be there. If anything Chris Snee and Shaun O'Hara, but not David Diehl.
Yes Chris Snee and yes Shaun O'Hara. And yes, David Diehl too. At least ahead of Jason Peters and his 11 and a half sacks.

Quote:
I put Marion Barber on there because I didnt want to seem to biased being an Eagles fan.
You complained about the running back selection and picked one who did worse this past year. Failure.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If anyone would have told me that the NFC North would have made it past round 1 let alone possibly win it all I would have laughed in your face. Its strange when we think of the NFC North we think of the bottom feeders of the NFL. The NFC East (aka NFC Beast) is considered the strongest in the NFL.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Quote:
Eli Manning at QB is a joke and single handedly ruined it. There was also a lot of NYG on the original oline, some of which didnt deserve to be there. If anything Chris Snee and Shaun O'Hara, but not David Diehl. Shawn Andrews is trying out RT, so its not a definite he will play to the level he did at guard.

I put Marion Barber on there because I didnt want to seem to biased being an Eagles fan. Looking back, I would have put Clinton Portis. He can catch unlike Jacobs, and can block unlike Westbrook. Brandon Jacobs would probably be last on my list though.

Another reason I put Terrance Newman in there is to not seem so biased. But like I said in the original post, I would rather have Asante Samuel, Corey Webster, or Sheldon Brown. I think Corey Webster great and snubbed from Probowl
Strange that Eli's the easily the most clutch QB in the east and he's the reason the NFC East sucks. I guess having one of the highest totals for 4th quarter comeback wins since he was drafted does that for a guy, I mean what good QB needs to make late game comebacks or perform well with the game on the line? But I see the otherside's point, HE THROWS INTERZEPTIONZZ!!1!!1!!

Westbrook can block and ranking Barber over Jacobs is foolish aswell. It's easily Westbrook, Portis, Jacobs and then Barber (since he has yet to show he can actually be a lead back) in the east.

As for Newman there's a difference between trying not to seem biased and picking the inferior player. If Tnew could stay healthy for 16 games he'd definitely be on par with Shelden Brown and Corey Webster, but when was the last time that happened?
Old 05-17-2009, 04:44 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

Crickett, you're not very bright, are you? You think one play makes up for the hundreds of bad ones I've seen him make.

I know Jason Peters let up 11 1/2 sacks, but I also know he went to the ProBowl to be a LT in the AFC. AFC has a lot better competition at LT if you noticed. Matt Light, Ryan Clady, Jake, Long, Joe Thomas, and Michael Roos to name a few. What does this mean? He is a pretty good LT, and coaches/players noticed. Here is a breakdown of every sack he "let up": http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?t=127203

I didnt complain about the RB selection, I just changed it to bring a little diversity to the All NFCE team. Unlike the original which had Giants in almost all the slots. Clear bias imo