Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 01-16-2014, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2013 49ers Gameday Thread: NFC Championship 49ers at Seahawks

NFC Championship. 49ers/Seahawks. How much more needs to be said really?

Yeah, it's about to get real.

I'm going to be blunt. I hate Seattle. I hate their stupid 12th man gimmick, I hate their dumb uniforms, I hate Century Link Field, I hate Pete Carroll, and I hate Richard Sherman.

This is the for the gold. To me this is essentially the Super Bowl. I don't fear the Broncos or Patriots. I do fear going to Seattle. That place is obnoxious to play at, and the last two trips there have snowballed to all hell. But the Saints couldn't take care of business, which means the road goes through Seattle. Hopefully after Sunday we'll be thanking them for the directions.

So how do we win?

To me it starts with stopping this goon.

I'm tired of seeing our defense getting smacked around by him like a ho. I want to see more of this:

Put an end to this Skittles nonsense.

If we stop Lynch to a reasonable degree the chances of us winning the game skyrocket. Assuming turnovers don't screw us.

THIS GUY needs to have his best game, like ever. Open up a can of whoop ass.

Seattle has owned his ass at Century Link. And it's been a while since he's had a complete game where he has played well all four quarters. Actually the only time that has happened in my opinion was week 1 Green Bay. I don't think starting off cold and heading up later in the game is going to be enough again like it has the last two games.

We have the protection.

We definitely have the firepower.

Just be careful where you shoot. These guys can be annoying.

Even though I think Lynch can be obnoxious, I feel these guys might make it a long, long day.

Who know who else might make it a long day?

Yeah. It's the playoffs. It's on television. I could see, especially after last week in Carolina, the NFL offices essentially tell the zebras to let the players play. Which could mean a whole lot of holding from Seattle's defensive backs.

Roman also needs to put his thinking cap on and find some crack in that Seattle defense. Maybe utilize Gore and Hunter on some creative runs. They can be run on somewhat. Hunter has the breakaway speed too. You just have to you know, use him, mmmmkkkaaayyy?

And how could I forget this little trooper?

He has been in a slump lately. But I have a feeling he might go off. I'm not too concerned about their receivers, although they can make their fair share of big plays from time to time with Wilson on his game. I don't think Percy Harvin is playing so that is a bonus.

But really, less of this:

And more of this:

Oh and these guys?

Nope. Ain't worried. Or rather, I shouldn't be. They've been dynamite all year. Hopefully our pass rush continues to dominate. I would like to see Aldon Smith go off. He's been a little quietly lately. Our defense is leagues better than it was last season at this time. Oh and please Vic Fangio don't play soft if we get a decent lead and let the birds back in the game.

Oh and you have to love what these two have been doing all year as well.

So all in all, we need to play our best game we've played in three years. Seattle has had our number, and they are going to be a power in the NFC for a while. We have to get win there at some point. What better way than to make sure it's Sunday for another shot at the ultimate prize?

Harbs, we all need you to coach a great game. The 12th man will be in full effect if something goes wrong early. Keep calm and kick ass. Okay?

And for goodness sake, have a Snickers. You get a little loopy when you're hungry. Better?

Thought so. Relax and take care of business.

We can win this game. It seems insurmountable because of the last two beatdowns up there and everyone is talking about the 71-16 lopsided scores, but guess what? The score now is 0-0. It doesn't matter what happened before. Our destiny is in our hands the Super Bowl is within reach. It's been a long, hard, dark, and bitter road. If we can get through this we can get through it all. I know a lot of you folks don't care if lose, but for me I think it will be a hard one to swallow. Worse than last year's Super Bowl loss. Sure we aren't supposed to win, and it would be more upset of Seattle lost at home to us. This rivalry has really sparked in the last couple of seasons though. This victory would be on the best in our franchise's history, which is saying a lot. I wasn't going to be disappointed if we lost in the wild card or divisional, but we've made it this far. I want us to go all the way now. Didn't think we'd make the NFC Championship game again this soon. I say final score 49ers 20 Seahawks 17. Let's make it happen. GO NINERS.

Special Note: Just Win Baby. Just ******* win.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 01-17-2014 at 03:38 AM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:38 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God this week has gone be so freaking slow. Ness you have be the man in replacing borat at game day threads and done a good job!

On stopping the run yes that should be our first goal is stoping Lynch and then the passing game and Wilson can't let him scramble too much. Our defense will be twice as better then during the season when we faced Seattle. I hate them just as much they always put a whoop on ass on when ever we play them at home and I'm tired of it.
Becuase every time I gotta hear from the homer fans back in Washington. So many of my friends have jumped on the ban wagon train since they drafted Wilson such a shame. Because I don't remember any of them being Seahawk fans to begin win ... Just a little annoying.

So please 49ers can we put an into this madness take care of business and smack Seattle right in the mouth and win this game! It just needs happen.. The fans are also on a high note thinking they are the best team after beating the Saints . but meh we are I believe. So lets go team!
Old 01-17-2014, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stomp on their Skittles and the rest will be like taking candy from a baby. Well, almost. Let's do this!

Seriously, though. WHEN the Niners contain Lynch, the LOS and the clock (all related), they will have a phenomenal opportunity to go to NY.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with 12 Picks in the Draft

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 03:17 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This game all comes down to stopping Lynch, us running the ball, no turnovers and controlling the time of possession.

That's a lot of things to do but the main things is stopping Lynch. I also think that Fangio needs to be a little more aggressive. Blitz and send more pressure on Wilson. Need to contain him and take him down.

Offensively, while the Seahawks secondary is great, im confident for one reason. Anquan Boldin. Boldin had a great playoff run for the Ravens last season and seems to be on pace to do the same. Boldin is a clutch, tough son of a gun.

On both sides of the ball, we have to be just as mean, tough and physical as the Seahawks are. If we play like wimps and get manhandled, we wont win. Hopefully, Harbaugh has been telling his entire team to play with extreme toughness and meanness.

With all of that said, im going with my 49ers to win in Seattle for the first time since Christmas Eve in 2011.

49ers 24
Seahawks 20

SIDE NOTE -

I'm picking the Patriots to go into Denver and beat the Broncos. Forget about Brady vs Manning. Instead, look at Brady vs Del Rio. Brady is 7-0, 73% completion, over 1700 yards, 17 touchdowns and NO interceptions.

Patriots 30
Broncos 20
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 02:35 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Percy Harvin is ruled out. That should help us on defense immensely. Especially since their offense has struggled recently.

KJ Wright is coming back though for their defense. It remains to be seen how his foot injury will impact his play.

I'll be looking forward to seeing how Vernon Davis plays. They've done a good job of neutralizing him the last couple of trips up there.

Quote:
Old 01-19-2014, 02:18 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well guys it is game day finally! A few more hours and it's battle time against the Sea chickens. It should be one hell of a game I can't wait. Gonna be a long afc game to wait for our game to get started. Will miss the end of the afc game as I"m going to get pizza a little shopping before ours.. Go 49ers!!
Old 01-19-2014, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Swoll_Cat
Rookie

Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This game is indicative of exactly why getting a premier corner in the form of revis was so important. Should have done what they could to make a trade with the jets instead of stockpiling picks that went Mia
Swoll_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:59 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We made it to 3 straight NFCCG's and have zero SB rings to show for it. Kaep had an awful game. And Bowman broke his leg.

Unbelievable. We won't get this far every year. We may never win a ring. And now we get to watch our division rivals do what we couldn't last year- win the SB.

This is about the worst ending to a season we could have had. All the years hard work gone down the drain.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Well at least all the people here that didn't want the 49ers to lose the Super Bowl can rest easy. Hope you're happy.

Quote:
Old 01-19-2014, 09:12 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Well at least all the people here that didn't want the 49ers to lose the Super Bowl can rest easy. Hope you're happy.
What a puss response. Not that I should expect anything different at this point.

See you guys round draft time.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:24 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
We made it to 3 straight NFCCG's and have zero SB rings to show for it. Kaep had an awful game. And Bowman broke his leg.

Unbelievable. We won't get this far every year. We may never win a ring. And now we get to watch our division rivals do what we couldn't last year- win the SB.

This is about the worst ending to a season we could have had. All the years hard work gone down the drain.
They're not winning the SB. That offense won't get it done and Manning is just the QB to carve up that defense. They go home feeling miserable in 2 weeks.

Tough loss but we showed progressed performing at up the Link. People will blame CK and he will get a ton of flak but with absolutely NO running game, we don't get close to scoring 17 points without him. Of course he made some bad decisions. That last pass challenging Sherman was a horrific brain fart on his part. He'll learn and get better.

I'm sure it'll be a lot of doom and gloom in this forum this week but I like where we're headed going forward. We add a few more peices here and there and we'll be right back in the thick of it next year. It absolutely sucks losing but I trust Baalke and JH to keep this thing trucking forward.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
They're not winning the SB. That offense won't get it done and Manning is just the QB to carve up that defense. They go home feeling miserable in 2 weeks.

Tough loss but we showed progressed performing at up the Link. People will blame CK and he will get a ton of flak but with absolutely NO running game, we don't get close to scoring 17 points without him. Of course he made some bad decisions. That last pass challenging Sherman was a horrific brain fart on his part. He'll learn and get better.

I'm sure it'll be a lot of doom and gloom in this forum this week but I like where we're headed going forward. We add a few more peices here and there and we'll be right back in the thick of it next year. It absolutely sucks losing but I trust Baalke and JH to keep this thing trucking forward.
Oddly enough, I was pulling badly for you guys to win. As to the comment about the Hawks not winning the Super Bowl, I'd definitely agree indoors. But this has set up ridiculously well with the NFL deciding to do a cold weather, outdoors Super Bowl. It favors the Hawks by an enormous amount. If it's 10 degrees and snowing Manning will struggle.

I don't get why they didn't try a run or screen, something relatively safe and unexpected, at the end there. They had the time. Maybe a read option? Challenging Sherman was the last thing to do there. As much trash as the guy talks, he is ridiculously good and they have softer targets on the opposite side and the middle.

I'm actually hoping we get another game next year. I don't like the Pack being dominated (even if the last two were close) by another team and I want to see us break that trend.

What's Lattimore looking like for next year? Gore seems to be about done.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:29 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why did Kaep go for the kill with 30 seconds left and on 1st down? I thought our best chance for a score was short passing and QB runs. There was just no need for it. You can't rush things against the best Secondary in the game.

Quote:
I'm going to root for Denver, but even if Seattle loses, it just won't be the same. Its just an empty feeling to keep coming out of the playoffs with nothing to show for it.

Last edited by 49ersfan_87 : 01-19-2014 at 09:32 PM.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
What a puss response. Not that I should expect anything different at this point.

See you guys round draft time.
There you go running into your little hole again. Or another teams forum like last time. And you're calling me a *****. Okay.

Quote:
Old 01-19-2014, 09:44 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87

Kaepernick was good (running) until the 4th quarter and it all fell apart. Of course, early we were up 10-0 and that horrible play by Whitner losing the receiver turned the momentum which we really never got back. Kaepernick needs to become a better passer and quarterback. Harbaugh needs to do that this off-season.

Quite honestly, we're becoming the Philadelphia Eagles who went to four straight NFCCG, lost three in a row and then lost in the SB. Personally, im not even mad. The way the team played from that bomb that Whitner gave up, they didnt deserve to win.

As for winning the Super Bowl, until Kaepernick becomes a better pocket passer, the coaching gets better and we get a shutdown cover cornerback, we're not going to win it. We're good but not great. And it all starts with the QB. As much as I like Kaepernick, he needs to be like he was in the Packers game week one but consistent.

This loss isnt even the worse. The Giants was worse because against the Patriots, I thought that would have been our best chance to win. To me, 2011 was OUR year. Not 2012 or 2013.

Oh well, im not a fan of Manning but I will be in two weeks. Let's go Broncos and Demaryius Thomas.

As for Bowman, I feel bad for him. Probably my favorite player on defense. Even worse, he had the fumble recovery and the refs dont even give it to him. Talk about insult to injury. Hope he fully recovers and if it is a broken leg, thats a less severe injury than a torn ligament. Come back stronger and better than ever Bowman!!!

Looking ahead...off season...

Hoping Rogers gets released because he sucks and I hope Whitner bolts because he's bad in coverage. Super Bowl and NFCCG, it was him who got beat badly. Still trying to figure out why he would be watching Wilson 60 yards away instead of watching the receiver that he's supposed to be covering.

Just re-sign Boldin because Kaepernick needs him badly.

Draft wise, the best cover cornerback who can play the left side, a strong safety, a center, an offensive guard and another cornerback is what im hoping for with our first five picks.

Onto the off-season...............
Old 01-19-2014, 09:54 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why did Kaep go for the kill with 30 seconds left and on 1st down? I thought our best chance for a score was short passing and QB runs. There was just no need for it. You can't rush things against the best Secondary in the game.

I'm going to root for Denver, but even if Seattle loses, it just won't be the same. Its just an empty feeling to keep coming out of the playoffs with nothing to show for it.
One of the things CK needs to work on is situational football. He said in the press conference after the game that he had Crabs one-on-one and he'll take that everytime. Nice soundbite boosting his teamamte but really that's the thing he needs to mature about. That's not the time to be 'trusting your guy'. Not against that secondary. You take what the defense gives you. That wasn't the right read. He saw one-on-one on the outside and made up his mind that's where he was going. Gotta get out of that. They avoided Sherman all day for the most part for a reason....becaue he's pretty ******* good. That was NOT the time to challenge him. I don't care who it was...Boldin, VD, Crabs, whoever. We don't have the kind of WRs I would ever feel comfortable going against Sherman in that situation...a fade route to the back of the endzone. A 6'3 CB against a 6'1 WR...that is not the throw to make in that situation, no matter how much you love WR's ability. That was his only truly bad decision all game. The other int was just a bad throw.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:56 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I thought the Niners were for sure going to score, until he threw it to Sherman's guy.
Offense was on a roll. Defense was panicing. Fans were nervous. Plenty of time left and timeouts left.
Not only was Sherman on Crabtree but amazingly another guy was shadowing them?

Kaepernick was the dagger. Two Ints and 1 fumble.
I don't understand how with Crabtree, Boldin, Davis, and Patton, plus Gore outta the backfield, that THOSE weapons vs Seattle's lame weapons weren't the difference. I bet on those weapons. Kaepernick couldn't find them, or else the zebra's allowed their DB's to keep grabbing and holding.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:57 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Damn....Bowman suffered a torn ACL and Iupati suffered a broken ankle. Hope they both come back 100% for 2014.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Swoll_Cat
Rookie

Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Swoll_Cat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dan - dont be a dolt. you think drafting the best cover corners gonna lock up the position next year? well probably end up utilizing 3-4 picks for depth, but it is highly improbable that we hit on an instant starter especially at corner which requires experience/a sound feel for the game. you must think were going to draft patrick peterson. and that is if patrick peterson exists in this draft. you must think were going to unload all our picks to get in the top 10. you must not be thinking at all.

Bennett and avril are not grade A studs but they absolutely did the job to solidify the pass rush for seattle. every FA we've brought in has worked marvels thus far. why not have baalke dip into the pool one more time.
Swoll_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:58 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

I agree with Dan, the 2011 loss to the Giants hurt much worst. Probably because we had that game and we gave it away....AND we were at home. I never felt comfortable tonight, even when we had the lead. Anytime we cant run the ball, it goes against our offensive philosophy and that's a bad omen.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

I think it's time for Gore to go. Sure he didn't have holes tonight, but he couldn't make anything out of nothing like some backs do. I love him to death, but it's time to move on to Lattimore and see what he can bring to the table.

Quote:
Old 01-19-2014, 10:42 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoll_Cat View Post
dan - dont be a dolt. you think drafting the best cover corners gonna lock up the position next year? well probably end up utilizing 3-4 picks for depth, but it is highly improbable that we hit on an instant starter especially at corner which requires experience/a sound feel for the game. you must think were going to draft patrick peterson. and that is if patrick peterson exists in this draft. you must think were going to unload all our picks to get in the top 10. you must not be thinking at all.

Bennett and avril are not grade A studs but they absolutely did the job to solidify the pass rush for seattle. every FA we've brought in has worked marvels thus far. why not have baalke dip into the pool one more time.
We have plenty of draft picks so trading up like we did for Reid is definitely a possibility. I want a cover corner who's big and physical like Sherman. I hate the guy but he's damn good which makes me hate him even more. i want a physical corner because that would allow us to play more aggressive at the LOS which we rarely do. We always seem to play off the receivers and depend on scheme and pressure from the front four.

If we can get a cover corner who can take away the opposing team's best receiver by himself, that would be great for us. I'm not 100% sure if theres that kind of guy in the draft but first round, I want the best cover corner available period. Our secondary is the weak link on defense. Rogers sucks and got beat a few times today. He shouldnt have played. Cox was playing well and shouldnt have switched what we did the last two games.

Thankfully, Rogers will be gone by March and he better be gone or I'll be more pissed than the majority of 49er fans are right now. Brown and Wright arent expected back nor do I want them back.

As for free agents, its not nor should it happen. Boldin is the only free agent I want the team to re-sign. Looking at overthecap.com, we dont have the cap room to go out and give a free agent a long term deal when we have so many of our own players to extend this and next off-season.

Sadly, the Seahawks are going to be a pain in our ass for a long time because releasing Rice, Avril and Clemons will give them over $21m in cap room this off-season and an extra $7m next off-season. That's insane.

Baalke needs to do what he's done. Build through the draft. If he needs to let some older guys go like Whitner (yes), Rogers (yes) and even Gore (im 50/50) then so be it. Gore did nothing today and I dont know if he was hurt or not but at almost $6.5m, he's too much money. I love Gore but in a way, seeing him gone would force Harbaugh and Roman to use Hunter and James a lot more than they do which im all for.

Its going to be a very interesting off-season.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:51 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
I agree with Dan, the 2011 loss to the Giants hurt much worst. Probably because we had that game and we gave it away....AND we were at home. I never felt comfortable tonight, even when we had the lead. Anytime we cant run the ball, it goes against our offensive philosophy and that's a bad omen.
Agree in regards to not being able to running the ball. Subtract Kaepernick runs and we probably would have been blown out.

The Giants loss was worse. I was pissed last season but more pissed losing to the Giants.

Sad part is that when talking to my friend, whenever the AFC game is first which it has been for all three of our NFCCG, I have been right each time in regards to who wins the AFCCG determines who wins the NFCCG.

When the Patriots won two years ago, I knew the Giants were winning and they did. When the Ravens won, I knew we were winning last year. Today, once the Broncos won, I knew we werent winning. Best offense vs best defense. It may sound like bullcrap but thats why I didnt even get mad today. Disappointed but I wasnt mad or pissed like I was the last two years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I think it's time for Gore to go. Sure he didn't have holes tonight, but he couldn't make anything out of nothing like some backs do. I love him to death, but it's time to move on to Lattimore and see what he can bring to the table.
I love Gore too but at $6.45m, there's bigger priorities. If he would take a paycut to $3m or less, I would keep him and hope he retires after 2014. Shame we couldnt get him a ring but cant do anything about that.

Cant run up the middle on the Seahawks defense. We should have used Hunter and James. Its a shame, we used them more as rookies. Makes no sense.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
I love Gore too but at $6.45m, there's bigger priorities. If he would take a paycut to $3m or less, I would keep him and hope he retires after 2014. Shame we couldnt get him a ring but cant do anything about that.

Cant run up the middle on the Seahawks defense. We should have used Hunter and James. Its a shame, we used them more as rookies. Makes no sense.
The funny thing is that people ran on Seattle this year up the middle. Mike James and Stacy had good performances against them. Gore's lack of speed caught up to him as the season went on. At the same time we weren't opening holes all night for anyone.

Quote:
Old 01-19-2014, 11:00 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You're both right IMO, and another big reason you left out (as if that wasn't enough) was that was Alex Smith, a guy who was easy to root for. A guy who had battled his ups and downs and changing coaches and coordinators, and he was doing the job and guided you to the Super Bowl, outscoring Brees, and then outplaying Eli..... special teams blunders.

We gave you one last playoffs that stung for a long time.
They hurt more.

But because Alex, IMO, was such a class act and what he had battled in his first 7 years til that point, even I rooted for that guy.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote