Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-18-2009, 07:04 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Jim Johnson Takes an Indefinite Leave Of Absense

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4175216

This is sad news for the NFL. Hopefully he can get healthy and get back to what he does best: draw up ways to sack the quarterback.

He's one of my favorite defensive minds in league history. I love his scheme, and his modifications to the 46 defense. They really should allow coordinators to get into the HOF.

While I don't know the qualifications of his replacement, I don't think its debatable that the Eagles lose a lot if they don't have Jim Johnson calling the defense this year.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:07 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with you on his mind man. I certainly hope that he gets through this thing.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's too bad, hopefully he gets through it. He has engineered some great defenses in Philly.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 07:11 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it sucks. i love McDermott. I wonder when he will get a DC position.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i really love Jim Johnson :/

so 1 offseason and the NFL loses 2 of the 3 Defensive Gurus? thats sad

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 07:14 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ive always loved the 46 defense. The 2 gap 3-4 and the 46 have always been my favorite schemes.

I love LeBeau's ZB as well.

Jim Johnson, Dick LeBeau, and Monte Kiffin are all pioneers of defense. We lost Kiffin to Tennessee, I really hope we can watch Johnson and LeBeau do their thing for many more years before they call it a career.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To be truthful,the Cowboys fan in me is happy that he might be out. The football fan in me is sad. What a fantastic mind. He's changed the way defense is played. Best wishes to him and I hope he gets healthy soon.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:08 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Ive always loved the 46 defense. The 2 gap 3-4 and the 46 have always been my favorite schemes.

I love LeBeau's ZB as well.

Jim Johnson, Dick LeBeau, and Monte Kiffin are all pioneers of defense. We lost Kiffin to Tennessee, I really hope we can watch Johnson and LeBeau do their thing for many more years before they call it a career.
Wasn't it Don Capers who first started that 3-4 ZB scheme run in Pitts? I thought it was him.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:24 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
Wasn't it Don Capers who first started that 3-4 ZB scheme run in Pitts? I thought it was him.
LeBeau is the guy who is credited for inventing the zone blitz. He didn't create it in Pittsburgh, I believe he first did it with the Bengals, and then him and Capers fine tuned it in Pitt in the 90s.

I could be wrong.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4175216

This is sad news for the NFL. Hopefully he can get healthy and get back to what he does best: draw up ways to sack the quarterback.

He's one of my favorite defensive minds in league history. I love his scheme, and his modifications to the 46 defense. They really should allow coordinators to get into the HOF.

While I don't know the qualifications of his replacement, I don't think its debatable that the Eagles lose a lot if they don't have Jim Johnson calling the defense this year.
Sean McDerrmott will be replacing him during his leave of absence and he will replace him when he retires. Sean has worked under JJ for nearly a decade and is a huge part of the great secondary the Eagles always seem to have.

Get well soon Jim Johnson.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Sean McDerrmott will be replacing him during his leave of absence and he will replace him when he retires. Sean has worked under JJ for nearly a decade and is a huge part of the great secondary the Eagles always seem to have.

Get well soon Jim Johnson.
I'm confident that the Eagles defense will still be beastly, and Im sure a Johnson's replacement has been groomed for quite some time now, but its still hard replacing a legend like that.

I'm surprised Spags didn't try to nab him out of Philly. I know Spags tried getting Guinta from the Giants to be his DC. Part of me thinks maybe we shouldve hired Guinta instead of Sheridan.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:51 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I hope he gets through it and gets back to coaching. Love watching his defenses at work.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:34 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Dawkins effect.

Just kidding, this sucks. Comeo n back soon JJ.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He just designed a safety blitz to kill his cancer. He'll be back in no time.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:54 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
He just designed a safety blitz to kill his cancer. He'll be back in no time.

Not high art but it's got emotion behind it.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Eagles own the NFC East
Veteran

Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.

I wish the best for Jim Johnson and his family. He has been one of football's greatest defensive minds for the past near decade.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagles own the NFC East View Post
I wish the best for Jim Johnson and his family. He has been one of football's greatest defensive minds for the past near decade.
WAIT. HOLD THE **** UP.

I have a bone to pick with you. A Knicks fan AND an Eagles fan????!!!

what kind of blasphemous **** is this?
Old 05-19-2009, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with BBD. How can you be a fan of 2 NY teams and then a Philly team. It doesn't mix.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 03:42 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
it sucks. i love McDermott. I wonder when he will get a DC position.
He will take voer whenever Johnson's career is over, whether that be sooner or later. I hope Johnson comes back, but for now, this is valuable time for McDermott for when he eventually does take over as DC. I hope to see a lot more of Jim Johnson, he is a tough guy, and I hope he will continue to fight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
i really love Jim Johnson :/

so 1 offseason and the NFL loses 2 of the 3 Defensive Gurus? thats sad
Don't count him out yet renji:(.

He had a press conference at the Eagles OTAs or whatever they were, and he seemed strong, and he sounded good. Obviously I'm not doctor, but things looked good for him 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 04:37 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a huge blow to not only the Eagles, but also to the NFL, I hope he is able to fight through his illness.