Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-24-2009, 10:36 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michael Oher - with the retirement of Willie Anderson, the right tackle spot is Oher's to lose. With the loss of Anderson and the injury to Adam Terry, Oher has been taking the snaps for the 1st team, 2nd team, AND 3rd team. He is def getting his reps in. Word is that he was beat multiple times during camp but showed resilience by bouncing back.

Paul Kruger - I see him providing depth and playing some downs on our DLine rotation. With his blue-collar style play, he will def get his playing time.

LarDarius Webb - will compete for the returning job as well as provide depth in our secondary. Most likely though wont see much time as Chris Carr is my favorite to win the return job and our secondary is a bit crowded. But will help out in special teams and provide depth in many places

Jason Phillips- have not heard much about him in camp but most ravens fans here loved this pick b/c he has some great skill with a good work ethic. Will provide depth if anything happends to our MLBs

Devan Drew - Will have to beat out Quinn Sypniewski for out 3rd TE spot.

Cedric Peerman - I have a good feeling that he may make the team as depth in our backfield. But probably will not see a carry this season

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:38 PM    (permalink
will99890
Rookie

will99890 is a cocksman.will99890 is a cocksman.will99890 is a cocksman.will99890 is a cocksman.will99890 is a cocksman.

Crabtree, Crabtree, Crabtree, and maybe a little Coffee and McKillop, but everything rides on Crabtree. Taylor, Francois, and Pascoe are going to play on special teams and as backups, but nothing too significant barring injury.

Stat Predictions:
Crabtree - 62 REC 750 YDS 7 TDS
Coffee - 100 CAR 425 YDS 2 TDS

I'm hoping Coffee surpasses expectations as a change of pace to Gore, but I think Crabtree is gonna struggle to see the field with Bruce, Morgan, Hill, and Jones battling for playing time. Luckily Crabtree is a good blocker already which should help him see the field early in Sing's revamped smashmouth offense.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:46 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bruce and Morgan should be the starters with Crabtree in the slot. I like for maybe another 32 games, if that. Crabtree doesn't need to produce like a stud right away, but he needs to be on the field in those three wide packages and possibly more often as the year goes on.

To have him on the bench for Hill and Jones you'd have to be INSANE/

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Only rookies I see making an immediate impact are Kraig Urbik and/or Joe Burnett and Mike Wallace. I see Urbik being the RG from day 1 and Burnett and Wallace taking over the return duties. Hood will bring depth, but not make a great impression in his rookie season IMO. Frank Summers could make an impact too if he is our starting FB and short yardage guy.
Ziggy Hood -- I see him being #4-#5 on the depth chart as a rookie (Behind Keisel, Smith, Kirschke and Eason). However, I was expecting him to shine as a wedge buster until there was no more wedges to bust. I do think that we'll be seeing some 4 man fronts this season with Ziggy providing an interior rush, something Pittsburgh has lacked for the past 5 or so years. A downlineman passrusher. So even though he won't see much game time at 5-tech, I don't see why he won't be playing some 3tech.

Kraig Urbik -- Should be challenging Darnell Stapleton to play RG as a rookie.

Mike Wallace -- Kick Off returner and probably #5 WR to begin the season (Behind Ward/Holmes/McDonald/Sweed.). Could be used on some sets to get some deep speed, because he can really move.

Keenan Lewis, Showing great potential but not likely much more than a Dimeback at this point and time.

Frank Summers -- Hasn't seen many reps from what I've heard but he's probably a developmental project or they're waiting until Willie Parker is gone to put him with the starting roster.

Joe Burnett -- Showing veteran-like Poise and skill at returning Punts, Likely our starting punt returner and #5 CB. Showing potential for a solid starter down the road.

Ra'shon Harris -- Practice Squad. Shows potential, needs to lose weight, add muscle and pick up his game.

A.Q. Shipley -- Coaches are impressed with how seamless a transition it is with this kid. Learning the playbook at remarkable speeds and is showing some real tenacity, as well as the ability to get out in front of screens from the Center position. Probably a Backup C/PS player this year and could push Darnell Stapleton for the starting C job next year.

David Johnson -- Solid speed/build for an H-back (6'2 260lbs) Showing great blocking skills but the ability to sneak down the seam thats catching the coaches eyes.

As far as UDFA..

Stephen Black -- WR from Memphis... Making insanely difficult catches that has Hines Ward spending 1 on 1 time. Impressing the coaches. Probably has another 1-2 years on the PS but could push to be the next Nate Washington.

Ramon Foster -- Easily one of the most impressive Guys we brought in. They really like him at Guard, even though he was a tackle in College. He's probably going to stick for depth at worst.

Isaac Redman - I haven't heard crap about him, but I love watching his youtube video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jixyYRkaC-k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca1KRR62vvo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G9_67P67zk

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 09:09 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Bruce and Morgan should be the starters with Crabtree in the slot. I like for maybe another 32 games, if that. Crabtree doesn't need to produce like a stud right away, but he needs to be on the field in those three wide packages and possibly more often as the year goes on.

To have him on the bench for Hill and Jones you'd have to be INSANE/
I don't think Crabtree will compete for the slot position. I think he's going to compete for the SE position. He may still get the slot but Jason Hill is more suited for that. Crabtree will still see the field though, i expect Morgan and Crabtree to rotate quite often. The depth chart will likely be..

FL- Bruce (Jones)
SE- Morgan (Crabtree)
SL- Hill

Last edited by 49ersfan_87 : 05-28-2009 at 09:14 PM.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matthew Stafford: Franchise QB for the future. How much he plays in 2009 is the big question. If he's really really ready and Linehan/Schwartz have confidence day 1 isn't impossible. But IMO thats unlikely with Culpepper knowing Linehans offense and in really good shape. We could see Stafford Week 8 after the bye as the schedule isn't too bad the last 10 games(if Daunte struggles)(although there are some tough ones but a couple tough ones are good) or anytime later than that. Stafford will take his rookie lumps if he plays ,but he'll show some promise especially with Calvin Johnson and some other weapons and that canon arm. He's a smart QB but we'll see how it transaltes at NFL speed. Getting him experience and keeping him healthy is my basic expectation. However, most Lions fans will call for him after the first incompletion by Daunte(even if its a drop). He's got a 9 million bonus for next year most of which based on playing time and incentives. We rest Stafford if he's not ready isn't the worst thing in the world but I think he'll play at least 4-5 games.

Brandon Pettigrew: Most talent we've had at tight end since Charlie Sanders. Time to take the talent and make it something. I think Pettigrew will have the biggest impact. He is multi dimensional help for a team that needs help on many areas. He's inline blocking will aid our tackles(Backus/Gosder must be happy) in both the running game and pass protection. I think our running game will show a ton of improvement because of this along with year 2 of Kevin Smith. I think he'll be a good underneath option that Daunte/Stafford will find and get around 40-50 receptions.

Louis Delmas: Second biggest impact. A free safety that can cover and is a good tackler. It's a dream come true. I couldn't take another second of Dwight Smith or Kalvin Pearson. Delmas will start from day 1 and mainly sures up the tackling on the back end. Last year decent runs turned into gashes because of the lack of tackling abilities by Smith/Pearson. This year that won't happen. I think our coverage will be better although Delmas will take some lumps/rookie mistakes. And we have a hard hitter, can't wait to see Berrian/Hester over the middle with Delmas.

DeAndre Levy: With Larry Foote, he becomes our Mike of the future. Special teams role.

Derrick Williams: 4th receiver but his big impact will be on Kick and Punt Returns. Watching him at Penn State, he had the ability to break it anytime. His punt catching problems is exaggerated. Better field position for the Lions and Williams will work into the slot at times later in the season with Ronald Curry only on a one year deal.

Sammie Lee Hill: NT. Is a developmental guy from a small school, unforutnately will be thrust into playing earlier than we expect. Grady Jackson might have a 4 game suspension, so Hill could see time early in the season and later in a season in a rotation with Chuck Darby. Hopefully he suprises but that is just too big a jump to the NFL. With good coaching, he could become a decent nose tackle though.

Aaron Brown RB. Showed flashes at TCU but couldn't stay healthy. Will compete to be a KR and compete for the 3rd RB spot with UDFA Antone Smith. Maurice Morris has the second RB spot locked down with his 3rd down back abilities.

Lydon Murtha OT: Practice squad with Backus,Gosder,Ephraim Salaam and Jon Jansen.

Zack Follett: LB I like this guy and he'll be a special teamer. Compete with Dizon for the backup SAM, although I think Dizon will win. Hope Follett sticks though.

Dan Grankowski: TE : Another decent blocking tight end. Two tight end set would be nice but most likely he's the 3rd Tight End. Will have to battle with Will Keller for that 3rd TE spot. Fitzsimmons is the 2nd tight end but Pettigrew will be the starter obviously and see major playing time.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Immediate impact from 2009 draft class...

Unlike everyone else, I won't name all 12 picks and come up with reasons for how my scrub 5th rounders will contribute.

Instead I'll be honest and say no one for the Cowboys.

Not 1 pick.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 04:19 PM    (permalink
triggernome
Rookie

triggernome hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Houston Texans

Brian Cushing will be the starting SLB in what looks to be a pretty solid rotaition of LB's. He brings much needed size and toughness.

Connor Barwin will be Mario's backup, and should come in on 3rd-and-longs and nickel sets as a spot pass rusher. He may be used at LB in short yardage and goal line situations.

Antoine Caldwell will fight for the starting C spot, but given this regime's history with mid round picks, he'll have to really fight to start this year. At least, he'll be a backup C/swing G.

Glover Quin looks to be the 4th or 5th CB on the team if he doesn't play safety. He's looked good in OTA's, but will be playing a lot of special teams.

Anthony Hill should be a redzone/ short yardage TE in the bigger offensive sets, where he'll be an asset as a blocker and a nice, big target. He can also help Duane Brown against 3-4 rushers.

James Casey is kind of a mystery. He might take Joel Dreessen's spot outright, as Casey is a better receiver and can long snap, or they could slot Casey as an extra FB and use him wherever they feel. He'll be an interesting one to watch.

Brice McCain might compete as a return man. He'll be a pure special teamer if he makes the roster, which is unlikely.

Troy Nolan is the same as McCain, though I don't see him as returner.
triggernome is offline   Reply With Quote