Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-24-2009, 04:08 AM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default How do you see the AFC West turning out?

Chargers will probably win it, but I think the Chiefs could challenge them for the division. Maybe that's just the homer in me.

Will the Broncos fall? Will the Chiefs or Raiders rise? Does anybody have a chance to overthrow the Chargers?

JUST DRAFT A QB DAMNIT!!!
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 04:21 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chargers division to lose no doubt. Then, well who knows with the other 3 really, I'm still not totally sold on Cassel for KC, Denver's switching to the 3-4 and have a new QB, and the Raiders, well, who knows...

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 09:37 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do think Denver falls. I think the Chiefs improve, but perhaps only slightly (though on paper, they don't look bad at all, I could see them surprising a bit). The Raiders are a wild card. The defense looks pretty solid outside of the D-Line. I think McFadden blows up a bit, but my expectations will always be tempered for them.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 09:51 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Chargers have it. Denver should take a pretty steep fall imo, while I think the Cheifs get a bit better, but still not good enough to make a run at the playoffs (I'll say 8-8). And the Raiders, well, they are the Raiders. I will never predict giving them over 6 wins until Al Davis is gone.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:04 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chargers are only limited by their HC who simply isn't a winner no matter how much talent you give him.
Oakland and KC should battle it out for 2nd place but 8-8 looks about tops for those 2 teams although both could really explode in the 2010 season as both appear to be on the rise.
Denver, I see nothing but a disaster in the making. Not only are they far less talented than last year, they gave away their possible top 5 or top 10 pick for practically nothing. We don't even know if their new HC can get the team to respond to him after a disastrous off season never mind the other question about whether he can be a successful HC or not. So far BB coordinators haven't had that much success as HC's even in college football.
I think they are very lucky to win 4 games even in the weak AFC West.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:08 AM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Denver will be as aweful as some people think, but the division is the Chargers to lose. Chiefs might improve some, but I think will still be 3rd. Same order as last year, couple more Bronco losses, couple more Chief wins.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 11:09 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Come on this is such a great opportunity to revive the completely dead AFC West division board!

That said IMO the West plays out like this:

1. Chargers. and I feel okay with that. I watched some game footage of Merriman the other day...it was like eating cotton candy.

2. Chiefs: I know they're young but this decision comes down to the man under center. Over 16 games I think the new Matty Ice (just kidding!) outplays Orton/the Jamarcus and Garcia show, and that will go a long way towards pushing them. I think with a little support, Larry Johnson is going to have a good to great year as a battering ram for them. I'm also in love with their young safety duo, and I think switching to a 3-4 scheme can manufacture a bit of a pass rush for them. They currently have none so maybe the scheme can create some mismatches.

3. Raaaaiderzzz: These guys would be #2 on my list if I didn't think Jeff Garcia will needle and pressure Jamarcus Russell all the way to a nervous breakdown. That's probably more of a reflection on J-Russ but either way I don't think it's going to end well. However, I think Darren McFadden is unbelievably flying under the radar at the moment and I think he's going to do some great things in the league.

After doing some review I think the Raiders' offensive potential is a little overrated, it basically comes down to Russell and D-Mac's ceiling plus crossing your fingers that Heyward-Bey works out. They could still easily become a very productive unit.

The defense IMO has more potential than the offense, although I still think they made a big mistake bypassing Raji, who would have been a perfect fit. If they can get their front line's act together, nobody is questioning their linebackers or corners (obviously), and again you're in fingers crossed mode with the new safety Mitchell.

4. By default Broncos are last. Decider, I'm a fan of your posts and don't take this the wrong way, but it's tough to consider the Broncs being anything other than a mess after trading away a franchise QB. McDaniels is a rookie head coach who thinks the world of himself and his schemes, and if he gets away with dismissing Jay, more power to him...but I think he's in for a very big wake up call. Orton is not special. Cutler is the only reason that team did not pick #1 last year, given how bad the D was.

Alphonso Smith, Kyle Orton, and Robert Ayers for Jay Cutler: all I can say is that Ayers better be productive as hell. They can't afford for him to develop slowly either.

Can I also just say: pick the season AFTER you send your star QB packing to completely overhaul your defense. They are inviting trouble in by trying to retool their offense and defense simultaneously, and there's a chance either of them could blow up in their face. If it's both, they're totally ******.

I think Champ has a bounce back year, especially with teams picking on the rookie, and the offensive line and weapons should cover up Orton's flaws for a while, but ultimately I can't say I think this team will do well.

Last edited by CC.SD : 05-24-2009 at 11:12 AM.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 11:32 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the chargers as most people seem to like. They still have a good QB and a excellent running game and getting Shawn Merriman back will help as well. Then the Chiefs in second, they improved greatly this off season with getting Veterans for the Defensive and then getting Matt Cassel from the Patriots. Third team in the Division I think will be the Broncos. Kyle Orton was an alright QB in Chicago with below average receivers. Now he is coming to the Broncos with Eddie Royal and Brandon Marshall a huge difference there. The main concern for the broncos will be the Defense and switching to a 3-4. I still feel they will be better than the Raiders who come in 4th place. I don't like what I have seen from Russell so far in his career. Although the signing of Jeff Garcia will help them if Russell doesn't succeed right away.

1. Chargers
2. Chiefs
3. Broncos
4. Raiders

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 11:44 AM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Come on this is such a great opportunity to revive the completely dead AFC West division board!

4. By default Broncos are last. Decider, I'm a fan of your posts and don't take this the wrong way, but it's tough to consider the Broncs being anything other than a mess after trading away a franchise QB. McDaniels is a rookie head coach who thinks the world of himself and his schemes, and if he gets away with dismissing Jay, more power to him...but I think he's in for a very big wake up call. Orton is not special. Cutler is the only reason that team did not pick #1 last year, given how bad the D was.

Alphonso Smith, Kyle Orton, and Robert Ayers for Jay Cutler: all I can say is that Ayers better be productive as hell. They can't afford for him to develop slowly either.

Can I also just say: pick the season AFTER you send your star QB packing to completely overhaul your defense. They are inviting trouble in by trying to retool their offense and defense simultaneously, and there's a chance either of them could blow up in their face. If it's both, they're totally ******.

I think Champ has a bounce back year, especially with teams picking on the rookie, and the offensive line and weapons should cover up Orton's flaws for a while, but ultimately I can't say I think this team will do well.

I definately agree with your Broncos points, but I want to try and maintain some optimism. I'd like to think that the offensive weapons can cover up Orton's flaws. But if he is put in to the position of needing to win games, we are in trouble.

I'm in a tough place with part of the draft. I like alphonso smith a lot, but next years first was rough. He should help with turnovers, but he will get picked on being opposite of champ.

And I agree, if Ayers doesn't come out hittin hard, McD will be judged harshly. Same with Smith. The team has potential, and I have faith. I have never seen them finish last in the division, and I hope I don't see it this year. It will be interesting.

EDIT: Yes the AFC west boards are dead. It is very sad compared to other divisions lol

Quote:
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Old 05-24-2009, 11:44 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
The Chargers are only limited by their HC who simply isn't a winner no matter how much talent you give him.
Can't believe I'm defending him but Norv Turner has been winning for us. The whole team gives him credit for keeping the ship from sinking last year. He's won playoff games two years in a row despite missing the likes of LT, most of Gates, Rivers' ACL, Shawne Merriman...at a certain point Norv is going to start earning some credit. He's also the only HC in the division who isn't a rookie.
Old 05-24-2009, 03:38 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In my opinion it's the Charger's division for the taking once again with the only opposition being Denver. Now obviously things can change within an offseason but looking at the 4 teams.

Chargers-Merriman coming back is absolutely huge for them, plus they also got English who can help in passing situations. I expect them to be a ten win team next year.

Denver-Yeah they lost Cutler who is a very good QB, but they strengthened quite a bit. Defensively they will be exploited but they still have good weapons and will outscore opponents. Moreno could have a great year.

Raiders-Have all the skill players you could want but lack a basic core of a team. Until Russell shows that he can be a real leader they will never go far.

Chiefs-Made significant upgrades this offseason without adding flashy players. Cassell gives them stability at the QB position and Tyson Jackson will be an anchor of the D-line for a long time. Tony Gonzalez is a huge loss though.

The reason I see the divison turning out

1. Chargers
2. Broncos.
3. Raiders
4. Chiefs

Is simply because if you look at the schedules either the Chiefs or Raiders could realistically go 0-8 with the other team only beating the other.

Kansas City

Week 1 vs Baltimore Ravens
Week 2 at Oakland Raiders
Week 3 vs Philadelphia Eagles
Week 4 at New York Giants
Week 5 at Dallas Cowboys
Week 6 vs Washington Redskins
Week 7 at San Diego Chargers
Week 8 Bye Week
Week 9 vs Jacksonville Jaguars

Oakland

Week 1 at San Diego Chargers
Week 2 at Kansas City Chiefs
Week 3 at Denver Broncos
Week 4 vs Houston Texans
Week 5 vs New York Giants
Week 6 at Philadelphia Eagles
Week 7 at New York Jets
Week 8 vs San Diego Chargers
Week 9 Bye Week

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 04:36 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This sounded like careful week by week inspection for Yodachu. This is gonna be another tough year with the West playing the NFC East and AFC North, but with out further ado..........

1. San Diego Chargers (9-7)
@ Oak L (0-1)
vs. BAL L (0-2)
vs. MIA W (1-2)
@ PIT L (1-3)
BYE
vs. DEN W (2-3)
@ KC L (2-4)
vs. OAK W (3-4)
@ NYG L (3-5)
vs. PHI L (3-6)
@ DEN W (4-6)
vs. KC W (5-6)
@ CLE W (6-6)
@ DAL W (7-6)
vs. CIN W (8-6)
@ TEN L (8-7)
vs. WSH W (9-7)

2. Kansas City Chiefs (7-9)
@ BAL L (0-1)
vs. OAK W (1-1)
@ PHI L (1-2)
vs. NYG L (1-3)
vs. DAL W (2-3)
@ WSH W (3-3)
vs. SD W (4-3)
BYE
@ JAX L (4-4)
@ OAK L (4-5)
vs. PIT L (4-6)
@ SD L (4-7)
vs. DEN W (5-7)
vs. BUF W (6-7)
vs. CLE W (7-7)
@ CIN L (7-8)
@ DEN L (7-9)

3. Oakland Raiders (6-10)
vs. SD W (1-0)
@ KC L (1-1)
vs. DEN W (2-1)
@ HOU L (2-2)
@ NYG L (2-3)
vs. PHI L (2-4)
vs. NYJ L (2-5)
@ SD L (2-6)
BYE
vs. KC W (3-6)
vs. CIN W (4-6)
@ DAL W (5-6)
@ PIT L (5-7)
vs. WSH L (5-8)
@ DEN L (5-9)
@ CLE L (5-10)
vs. BAL W (6-10)....Baltimore will be resting......

4. Denver Broncos (5-11)
@ CIN W (1-0)
vs. CLE W (2-0)
@ OAK L (2-1)
vs. DAL L (2-2)
vs. NE L (2-3)
@ SD L (2-4)
BYE
@ BAL L (2-5)
vs. PIT L (2-6)
@ WSH W (3-6)
vs. SD L (3-7)
vs. NYG L (3-8)
@ KC L (3-9)
@ IND L (3-10)
vs. OAK W (4-10)
@ PHI L (4-11)
vs. KC W (5-11)
Old 05-24-2009, 04:41 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Loss to Oakland in the opener Yodachu? Ouch. I still agree with your divisional ranking though.
Old 05-24-2009, 04:52 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of them is bound to surprise but, San Diego should have the division in a runaway. They're the only team in that division that scares any of us NFC East fans.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 04:55 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Chiefs go 6-10 at best. Our schedule is brutal. I would be surprised and happy with anything more than 4 wins.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 06:14 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Loss to Oakland in the opener Yodachu? Ouch. I still agree with your divisional ranking though.
He's wrong. I hate to be pessimistic about our chances, but it's mainly centered around two concerns, Russell and the offensive line. Your pass rush will eat us alive, again.

The Raiders offense is overrated by the majority of ppl here, the only player worth getting really excited about is McFadden, if used correctly. DHB is raw, very raw, and Schilens, although a solid #2 option, is no gamebreaker. Who knows anymore with Walker after completing another operation to the same knee that’s bothered him since ’06, I believe. JLH, after all, is only a slot receiver, and that’s not even where we should expect the brunt of his impact on the team. Miller is a top player at his position, though I worry the QB controversy could have a slight affect on his numbers this season.

Russell I’d expect to be above average, which is simply no longer good enough for a first overall pick now entering into his second full season. It’s all up to Russell on how good he wants to be. I’m still waiting for him to accept the responsibility of being an NFL QB, and that means to go above and beyond what is expected on a daily basis. That, however, is just not him.

The running game should remain productive, but I’m not entirely optimistic the offensive linemen we brought in should really ‘patch up’ our pass protection significantly, although it’s not difficult to be an upgrade over Harris and Green in that department. The addition of O’Neal was huge, though, and he should provide a noticeable difference in both phases offensively.

The success of the defense hinges on the ability of the front 7 to apply pressure, as well as stopping the run more effectively. Hopefully, our new DC Marshall will utilize similar schemes to those used in Seattle to generate some pass rush from the LBs, as I would expect. The woes of the run defense could’ve had a little to do with Rob Ryan, but we’ll have to wait and see there. The pair of Aso and Johnson is top 3 in the league imo, both are the definition of lockdown, yes, that does include Johnson, and the safeties are nowhere near the top of my worries.

I’ve said it before, but this team could win anywhere from 5-8 games, which is dependent on far too many factors, so I’d probably lean towards 5 or 6 victories for now.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really think its going to be the same result as last year in terms of placement within the division. I think every team will improve their overall record however with San Diego going 11-5, Denver going 9-7, Oakland going 6-10, and Kansas City going 5-11.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1.SD
2.KC
3.Oakland
4.Denver
Old 05-24-2009, 07:03 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Russell can play like he did the last few weeks last year we can be 1 or 2. I see it ending like this

1 SD
2 Oakland
3 Denver
4 KC

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And this is another reason I think the Raiders could make a run. Solid defense, and the QB position has two options. If Russell plays how he ended the season, they can be successful, even with the WR talent there. If not, Garcia is a real winner, and could carry them to .500 himself with that offense/defense. I feel like the Raiders are only two or three pieces from being a [possible] playoff team, if everything falls into place, who knows.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 07:37 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
And this is another reason I think the Raiders could make a run. Solid defense, and the QB position has two options. If Russell plays how he ended the season, they can be successful, even with the WR talent there. If not, Garcia is a real winner, and could carry them to .500 himself with that offense/defense. I feel like the Raiders are only two or three pieces from being a [possible] playoff team, if everything falls into place, who knows.
I agree, if everything falls into place, but I don't think Garcia taking over can be anything but a massive disappointment for Raidernation. A number 1 overall biting the dust is not an easy task for any franchise to swallow.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL at people thinking Denver is by far the worst team in the divison.

Who else in the division has offensive talent like Ryan Clady, Brandon Marshall, Eddie Royal, Knowshon Moreno... etc, other than SD?

I dont care if I am the QB, the offense will move the ball...

As for defense, they have added Brian Dawkins, Andre Goodman, Alphonso Smith, Robert Ayers. Oh and Champ and DJ missed a ton of time last year with injuries. Saying they will be picking top 5 is rediculous. Everyone stop going with the flow and realize that this team is freaking talented.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:39 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post

Who else in the division has offensive talent like Ryan Clady, Brandon Marshall, Eddie Royal, Knowshon Moreno... etc, other than SD?

As for defense, they have added Brian Dawkins, Andre Goodman, Alphonso Smith, Robert Ayers. Oh and Champ and DJ missed a ton of time last year with injuries. Saying they will be picking top 5 is rediculous. Everyone stop going with the flow and realize that this team is freaking talented.
I LOVE YOU NOW

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-24-2009, 07:44 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post

Hm I just can't agree here, and I definitely do agree that the rest of the offense has a ton of talent. Neckbeard will certainly put this theory to the test though.

The D is just not pretty though, and you just can't measure how much impact you are going to get out of the rookies or B-Dawk, especially when their front 7 is not going to be doing the back end that many favors. I don't think everyone is going with the flow, some people make their own assessments and come to different conclusions.

Woot Alston!
Old 05-24-2009, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well... just to say something about the Raiders...

we won't be good this year. I just don't see it anymore. Been optimistic for about 5 years, then stopped being optimistic last offseason with Kiffin.

I think Cable is a good coach, however... Russell is all about the money, I'm sure.