Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-28-2009, 02:57 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I cant find USC's player ratings

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 04:32 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I know what's going in my game case.
Old 06-28-2009, 07:51 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can also try team builder, though some teams are still off there.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ACC on the move

It is official. The ACC no longer stands for Atlantic Coast Conference, but now will be called the “Athletic Championship Conference”. Though the BCS still stands, conferences all over college football are getting a shake up. Invitations were sent out to a number of teams to combine into a super-conference, replacing the ACC. Here are the teams rumored and confirmed to be joining this conference. We will profile these teams and their division as we get them.

The current ACC teams will all be moving to other conferences. More on which teams are going to which conferences later! Stay tuned!

ACC ATLANTIC DIVISION:

Ohio State – CONFIRMED

The first confirmed team is THE Ohio State University who will be joining the Atlantic Division of the Athletic Championship Conference. The Buckeyes accepted the invite, despite their rivals Michigan not accepting a bid. A team that has struggled in the big game, how will Ohio State fair when going up against Sec, Big 12, and Pac-10 teams every week? Some think it will lead to disastrous results, but Sophomore QB star Terrelle Pryor has other ideas. “We want to face the best and prove we are the best,” says Pryor. “This team is ready for the challenge after losing some great players. We will show we belong in the ACC.” We’ll see if Pryor can back up his words.

We are getting report in daily, so look forward to the next team that has accepted an invite officially for the ACC!

Follow Me on Twitter!

Last edited by Shane P. Hallam : 06-30-2009 at 01:52 PM.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

ACC COASTAL DIVISION:

LSU - CONFIRMED

After winning the National Championship two years ago, Coach Les Miles has come forward and convinced Athletic Director Joe Alleva to accept an invite to the ACC. The team had a solid 2008, but they hope to take a step to the next level here in 2009. How will they adjust with some of the losses along the defensive line? Can they still compete with other top teams in the ACC? WR Brandon Lafell feels confident that he can continue his superior play. "I'm in the best shape of my life and I don't think there is a corner in the country who can stop me." When asked about how the team itself will do, Lafell simply said, "Everyone should watch out for us." I wouldn't discount Les Miles and the Tigers this year!

Rumored Teams/Divisions this far:

Atlantic:

Ohio State University Buckeyes

Coastal:

Louisiana State University Tigers

Follow Me on Twitter!

Last edited by Shane P. Hallam : 06-30-2009 at 01:52 PM.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

ACC Coastal Division:

Ole Miss – CONFIRMED

An up and coming team, Ole Miss came onto the scene after taking down Florida last year. With top NFL prospects on this team, they got an invite to the ACC despite not being an extremely high profile school. They may have a challenge ahead of them in competing with the best of the best, but our sources say that this team will stop at nothing short of the ACC Championship. All-American DE Greg Hardy told us, “If teams underrate us, they will be in for a big surprise on Saturdays.” When asked about his personal achievements this year, Hardy added, “Double my sacks of last year. Get ready for it.” 16 sacks? Good luck Greg.

Rumored Teams/Divisions this far:

Atlantic:

Coastal:

University of Mississippi Rebels

Follow Me on Twitter!

Last edited by Shane P. Hallam : 06-30-2009 at 06:44 PM.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Nations best basketball schools on the move?

We are hearing rumors that both the University of North Carolina and and Duke will be moving to the Big 12 with the realignment. The two basketball powerhouses will stay in the same division to continue their rivalry. Though this will likely heavily lower the level of quality football play in the Big 12, it is a good fit for these two teams.

Where will the rest of the teams go?

Follow Me on Twitter!

Last edited by Shane P. Hallam : 06-30-2009 at 07:06 PM.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Let me know if anyone is enjoying these, if you want me to keep them up, etc.

During the season, I'll try and do this for recruiting battles mostly, and maybe preview big games?

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 06-30-2009, 07:41 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am entertained.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:45 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
Let me know if anyone is enjoying these, if you want me to keep them up, etc.

During the season, I'll try and do this for recruiting battles mostly, and maybe preview big games?
I wanna know where RU is so I can scout out the competition and make everyone cry
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

USC – CONFIRMED

Would a conference like this be complete without the powerhouse that is USC? Southern Cal was hesitant to accept an invite to the ACC, but after seeing some of the teams involved, they are confirmed and in. The outlook may be skeptical for some USC fans with an uncertain QB situation, but the USC has returners like Taylor Mays and Stafon Johnson to rely on. We had the opportunity to catch up with Coach Carroll and ask him about what he felt concerning the competition. “After seeing the talent in the ACC, Mike [Garrett] and I knew Southern California had to be a part of that.” Coach Carroll was his usual suave self when asked about USC’s chances to take it all. “We will compete, we will win games. I expect to win a National Title every year. This year is no different.” If USC finds a QB it likes, you may have a team that will quite possibly have an undefeated season.

Rumored Teams/Divisions:

Atlantic:

Coastal:

University of Soutern California

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 06-30-2009, 11:11 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the updates, got me ready for these recruiting battles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:44 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like OSU has it pretty easy so far. Atlantic conf, is probably gonna end up with RU, WVU, SC and so it doesn't look to bad probably Oklahoma.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:23 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I cant wait for this. IDK who Im going to start at QB. I have 3 really good options. From what people in the MAC online league know I run the ball then run it some more, so having alot of options at RB will be fun

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

Old 07-01-2009, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

We are have heard from three different sources that Boston College and Virginia Tech are LIKELY on their way back to the Big East. We have no confirmation if Miami is going to also be joining back with the Big Ten. Commissioner John Marinatto declined to comment on the story. Will this revitalize a dying conference?

This will now happen in the Big East!

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 07-01-2009, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

ACC Atlantic Division

Oklahoma - CONFIRMED

Oklahoma is the first Big 12 team to jump ship to the ACC. With defending Hesiman Trophy Winner Sam Bradford leading the team, Oklahoma has a ton of talent, young and old. Reaching the National Title after much skepticism about tiebreakers may no longer be an issue from facing elite level talent in the ACC. A big time recruiting team, Oklahoma should be at the top of the conference every year. Bradford himself said on the record that “This team has enough talent to make it back to the National Championship.” We also asked him about Tim Tebow and Colt McCoy. “I’d welcome both of those guys into the ACC. Colt and I have had great match-ups in the past, and I’d love to get back and play Tim.” He may just get his chances.

Atlantic:

University of Oklahoma Sooners

Coastal:

University of Soutern California

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 07-01-2009, 06:15 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Still havent found USC player ratings :(

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

Old 07-01-2009, 07:37 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"dying conference"? RU says F YOU mr. writer dude

that is all :D
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Still havent found USC player ratings :(
Go to Teambuilder man.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 07-02-2009, 12:40 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't wait for this LK just confirmed he would be interested he has been out of town.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

ACC Coastal Division:

South Carolina – RUMORED

We are hearing rumors that another SEC school has joined the ACC, and it isn’t the team you think. Beat Writer Joe Person shared with us a possible reason that South Carolina may have been given an invite. “It’s all about the Old Ball Coach,” says Person in reference to Steve Spurrier, “He has the appeal that a big time conference may want for an up and coming team like South Carolina.” Though we don’t disagree, it will be interesting how the other USC will fair against teams like Oklahoma and Southern Cal. We’ll see what happens!

Will Eric Norwood wreak havoc in the ACC this year?

Rumored Conference/Divisions

Atlantic:

University of Oklahoma Sooners

Coastal:

University of South Carolina
University of Southern California

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 07-02-2009, 02:48 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol. Why does my team have to be rumored? :(

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 03:58 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Lol 2 USC's in the same conference

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

Old 07-02-2009, 07:26 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
lol. Why does my team have to be rumored? :(
because you touch yourself at night.
Quote:
Old 07-03-2009, 01:31 AM    (permalink
S4L
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'M BAAAAAAAAAACK!!!

If you still have teams open. If not, I just feel like the fool that I truly am inside.

Xbox Live Gamertag: DocSteel92
Rest in peace, Randy Pausch.
S4L is offline   Reply With Quote