Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-08-2009, 03:59 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The worst part about McDaniel's idiocy is that all he really had to do was spend a couple years drafting/building a competent defense, and he'd find himself with a Super Bowl contender. Everyone and their mother knew the offense was high octane, held down by one of the worst defenses the NFL had ever seen.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 04:00 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i want to repost cuz there are players that i forgot to mention

Aaron Schobel:
Supposed top DE in the NFL.. bet 70% of his sacks are coverage sacks.. all he does is run upfield... hes getting paid ALOT... he is injury prone

Roscoe Parrish:
Constantly Complains that he does not get enough reps offensively. Struggles to get seperation, terrible route runner, simply cannot catch, too small.... runs East and West toooooo much
Old 06-08-2009, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbathia View Post
Cant be bothered arguing anymore Dam
Why? You seem to be able to argue with cc.sd still. Did my post cut through the orange and blue haze too much for you?

Quote:
but safe to say I disagree with most of your last post.
What specifically?

Quote:
You keep making assumptions about what I think on things instead of sticking to what I have said and it is annoying to have keep refuting it.
What assumption did I make about what you think at any point in this discussion? The only thing that could even come close to being misconstrued as that is me calling you a Broncos homer, which there have been at least 3 other people to do the same on this thread, so while it is an opinion, it's a widely shared opinion. Just like the opinion that McDaniels completely botched this situation.

Quote:
You (and others) keep using dumb, moron, idiotic, etc. terms as if they were a fact about someone who knows a cr@pload more about football than you do. I am simply giving the guy the benefit of the doubt, saying there is some merit to his approach.
What's funny about this is the only time I used any of those words to describe McDaniels in my last post was refuting your claim that I called him "the biggest idiot in football". You're giving McDaniels WAY more than the benefit of the doubt here, he's traded your team's best player, who was young enough to build around, and their first round pick, which even you admit should be a high pick (you've said things about the Broncos having a bad season on this thread), and you're still taking a wait-and-see approach. That's faith, not benefit of the doubt.

Quote:
And as to saying that as a coach you should say anything you have to to keep your star players happy, well, I am glad you are not coach of the Broncos. I prefer leaders who lead, not ones that try and keep everyone happy.
Wow, this is on the level of the Pats fans that said Belichick shouldn't apologize after Spygate in terms of completely missing the point. It never should have gotten that far. Jay Cutler is a franchise QB, you don't try to trade him. But since he did that, Cutler came to him and asked if he had job security, to which McDaniels said no. Again, franchise QB, would start on about 25 teams in the NFL, if not more, why is he going to stick around if he's been flat out told he could be traded at any time? It's not about keeping your star players happy, it's about correcting mistakes. It's not like Cutler came in unprovoked and started demanding things, if he did you'd have a point. One important aspect of being a leader is knowing when you've made a mistake and doing your best to correct it. Instead of doing that, McDaniels took a hardline stance and lost his best player as a result.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 06:03 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Why? You seem to be able to argue with cc.sd still.

I have to say Dam, you are coming off as really unreasonable and jealous here.
Old 06-08-2009, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
I have to say Dam, you are coming off as really unreasonable and jealous here.
I was arguing first, damnit!

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
I was arguing first, damnit!
there's plenty Timbathia for both of you, now stop acting like preteen girls before I get an erection.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 07:22 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
there's plenty Timbathia for both of you, now stop acting like preteen girls before I get an erection.
The erection is just the start of the party!
Old 06-10-2009, 03:28 AM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jason Campbell of the Redskins. He was selected in to be the Redskins cornerstone of the franchise, and yet he has developed at an alarmingly slow rate. In fact, I'd go as far as to say he regressed last year. Even with CP posing a huge threat at running back, Jason was never able to go beyond mediocrity. Moreover, he's bitched the Redskins FO out for considering drafting a quarterback. Put up or shut up, Jason. If he doesn't produce next year I'd like to see him kicked to the curb.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:06 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotRickJames View Post
Jason Campbell of the Redskins. He was selected in to be the Redskins cornerstone of the franchise, and yet he has developed at an alarmingly slow rate. In fact, I'd go as far as to say he regressed last year. Even with CP posing a huge threat at running back, Jason was never able to go beyond mediocrity. Moreover, he's bitched the Redskins FO out for considering drafting a quarterback. Put up or shut up, Jason. If he doesn't produce next year I'd like to see him kicked to the curb.
I actually thought that Campbell has been remarkably composed in the face of Snyder's upgrade efforts... if only he could be as composed on the field. I agree that this is definitely his year of proof.