Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-27-2009, 04:47 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
David Garrard - If the offensive line and running game improve from last year but he doesn't, then say bye-bye.

John Henderson - He regressed big time last year. He needs to get back to his dominating self or the defense will continue to be porous.

Derrick Harvey/Quinton Groves - They need to continue to improve in their play in order to help the Jaguars' woeful pass rush.

Tony Pashos - His year was a mixed bag. If he doesn't improve in training camp, then he may get ousted by Britton and moved inside. Then the question will be how well he plays inside. If that doesn't work, then he's also "shut up."

Maurice Jones-Drew - He plays at a high level, but can he play as well as a starter? He doesn't represent a red flag as big as the others, but it's something to look out for.

Jack Del Rio - Not a player, but I'm getting the feeling that it's winning record or GTFO for him.
i wouldnt put that amount of pressure on those 2nd year pass rushers in Harvey and Groves. Though I feel Harvey has a lot to prove after the Jags reached for him last year.

And i believe if Garrard struggles this year, that the Jags will be interested in a first round QB

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll add a couple more for the Packers.

Chad Clifton - contract year, didn't play well down the stretch
Scott Wells - talk that he might not even make the roster
Justin Harrell - just getting on the field consistently would be a start

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Yatta! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Alex Smith can be added to the 49ers list also.
If he even sees the field...

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

If I'm looking at the giants I think Antonio Pierce is a clear starting point, he's come in chubby for a couple years now and he's slowed down significantly, while he's still a tough guy and has great football IQ his play has been declining. Now if also consider that we're suddenly deep at the position, with both Kehl and Goff looking like they're best chance to become a starter will be at Mike after the additions of Clint Sintim and Michael Boley, not mentioning a guy like chase blackburn who's been a key backup for our team.

I also think this is a big year for Domenik Hixon, he's shown the explosiveness aswell as route running the ability to get open deep, but he has to show he can consistently bring the ball in and contribute as a blocker. If not I think Mario Manningham and Hakeem Nicks will take him out of the starting lineup by half way through the season, and if he doesn't step up and our young guys do he's probably going to be either released or restricted to return duties.
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Quote:
If he even sees the field...
he'll see the field allright. From the sidelines.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:59 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

for the Vikings:
Obviously Tavaris Jackson, then I'd go with Sidney Rice, Visanthe Shiancoe, and Ray Edwards. I think all of those guys could very easily be replaced after this year if they don't produce.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:59 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Buster Davis: Hey guy you're a first rounder. I don't expect you to beat out Chambers or Jackson, but please win the #3 WR spot. Although honestly Legedu Naanee is much beastlier. What the heck are we going to do with this guy? If he hadn't been such a china doll from the beginning we would never have traded for Chambers mid-season, so I guess you could say he has contributed to the makeup of the team.

Luis Castillo: I like Castillo, he's dominant when he's on, but he never flipped the switch last year and is getting paid like a top 5 DE in the league. You don't get to take a year off when you have that contract, Dancing Bear, and if you do you better bounce back hard.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 06:02 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the 49ers still have Alex Smith on the roster.. What makes you think Vernon Davis' job is on notice. Let me just point out some flaws in that argument.

Vernon, although dropped some balls last season, caught most of the balls thrown to him when he was thrown to. I say when he was thrown to because they didn't do it a lot. When was the last time you seen a TE go to the pro bowl from the Mike Martz system?

Bear Pascoe was brought it for blocking purposes since we lost Bajema in the FA. Bear, although a fan fave, doesn't have the hands, blocking ablility, or overall playmaking ability Vernon Davis has. He's there for blocking.. nothing more nothing less.

Vernon Davis, although has had ONE ISSUE for the past 3 years.. is labeled a headcase. But since Sing decided to call him out publicly, somehow he's been labeled as a "me first" type guy. He's anything but. Can you recall anymore incidents with VD?

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 06:07 PM    (permalink
GhostDeini
Rookie

GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini

Reggie Bush. Come on dude, lets aim for 600 rushing yards this year.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:08 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostDeini View Post
Reggie Bush. Come on dude, lets aim for 600 rushing yards this year.
They should have known what they were getting when they drafted him.

btw, your sig is biiiiig

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 06:18 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jake Delhomme - Stop turning the ball over or retire so Matt Moore can have his day.

Dwayne Jarrett - Receives far too much unfair criticism because he has played well when needed, but we need to see more so we know when moose leaves the team is safe.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 06:21 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatta! View Post
I'll add a couple more for the Packers.

Chad Clifton - contract year, didn't play well down the stretch
Scott Wells - talk that he might not even make the roster
Justin Harrell - just getting on the field consistently would be a start
Are you an Alabama Crimson Tide fan by any chance?
Old 05-27-2009, 06:24 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Vernon Davis, although has had ONE ISSUE for the past 3 years.. is labeled a headcase. But since Sing decided to call him out publicly, somehow he's been labeled as a "me first" type guy. He's anything but. Can you recall anymore incidents with VD?
Not to mince words, but do you consider calling himself specifically better than Gates, before even playing a down an incident? It was big enough to get back to Antonio, who of course dismissed it out of hand. That's when I labeled him a headcase, and it was obviously years before Samurai Mike got ahold of him.

GhostDeini that sig is ridiculous.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Not to mince words, but do you consider calling himself specifically better than Gates, before even playing a down an incident? It was big enough to get back to Antonio, who of course dismissed it out of hand. That's when I labeled him a headcase, and it was obviously years before Samurai Mike got ahold of him.

GhostDeini that sig is ridiculous.
so was his last one. He's just doing that to piss us off. Just ignore it.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 06:47 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the Browns I'd say:

Brady Quinn - I still like him, but this is his 3rd year and he needs to put up the numbers. It's time for him to start and be successful.

Jerome Harrison - He needs to show that he can stay on the field and be a regular contributor. He also needs to learn how to block.

Braylon Edwards - He is insanely talented, but he is inconsistent as hell. He drops easy catches and catches nearly impossible ones. Not to mention, he can't shut up.

Corey Williams - He was pretty good last year, but he needs to be better to justify his contract. He has to stay healthy and make plays.

Kamerion Wimbley - He is a one dimensional pass rusher who can't rush the passer. He only has one move, but is extremely athletic. I'm hoping Rob Ryan can bring out the best in him, but this is his last chance.

Brodney Pool - While he improved last year, he was still very bad in coverage. He'll be better at strong safety, but he still needs to improve his smarts, instincts, and coverage skills. He is a force against the run, is a great tackler, and is incredibly athletic. He just needs to produce.

Ryan Pontbriand - He is terrible. He has no zip on snaps and their completely inaccurate. I kid. I kid.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 06:49 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepThreat View Post
For the Browns I'd say:

Brady Quinn - I still like him, but this is his 3rd year and he needs to put up the numbers. It's time for him to start and be successful.

Jerome Harrison - He needs to show that he can stay on the field and be a regular contributor. He also needs to learn how to block.

Braylon Edwards - He is insanely talented, but he is inconsistent as hell. He drops easy catches and catches nearly impossible ones. Not to mention, he can't shut up.

Corey Williams - He was pretty good last year, but he needs to be better to justify his contract. He has to stay healthy and make plays.

Kamerion Wimbley - He is a one dimensional pass rusher who can't rush the passer. He only has one move, but is extremely athletic. I'm hoping Rob Ryan can bring out the best in him, but this is his last chance.

Brodney Pool - While he improved last year, he was still very bad in coverage. He'll be better at strong safety, but he still needs to improve his smarts, instincts, and coverage skills. He is a force against the run, is a great tackler, and is incredibly athletic. He just needs to produce.

Ryan Pontbriand - He is terrible. He has no zip on snaps and their completely inaccurate. I kid. I kid.
SWDC win. Even long snappers must earn their keep. No kid.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:52 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
this is a year late. Alex Smith's time is up and people know that now. That is why he is not the favorite to win his QB battle. His time is up.

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 06:59 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpigskin View Post
this is a year late. Alex Smith's time is up and people know that now. That is why he is not the favorite to win his QB battle. His time is up.
Not to veer entirely OT, but how is Scumbag douchenozzle Ryan Leaf still considered the worst bust of all time given all these guys who were actually the 1st overall pick who did absolutely nothing? I'm not being defensive, I would obviously not lift a finger to help Ryan if he were lying on the road, but it is a curiosity to me. Do the extra picks/players involved really balance out the fact that he was picked 2nd and not 1st? Enough to make him that much more of a bust than guys like Alex Smithor Jamarcus Russell?

Last edited by CC.SD : 05-27-2009 at 07:01 PM.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Are you an Alabama Crimson Tide fan by any chance?
Wow I didn't notice that at all, major coincidence.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Yatta! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 07:06 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Not to veer entirely OT, but how is Scumbag douchenozzle Ryan Leaf still considered the worst bust of all time given all these guys who were actually the 1st overall pick who did absolutely nothing? I'm not being defensive, I would obviously not lift a finger to help Ryan if he were lying on the road, but it is a curiosity to me. Do the extra picks/players involved really balance out the fact that he was picked 2nd and not 1st? Enough to make him that much more of a bust than guys like Alex Smithor Jamarcus Russell?
Leaf was a dumbass, dickhead who not only sucked on the field, but was terrible off of it too with his temper explosions and such....can't have that out of a QB.

And he was just AWFUL on the field too.....Alex Smith and David Carr were at least mediocre for a year or two. Leaf was never very good.

Plus, Leaf is/was/always will be compared to Peyton. MVP, future hall of famer Peyton.

That all adds up to make Leaf easily the worst draft pick....everzz.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Marino13
Veteran

Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jason Allen-He's made so many switches between Safety and CB, but hasn't really excelled at either. Great athlete, but needs to get the mental part. With Vontae Davis, Sean Smith, and Chris Clemons being drafted, and Will Allen getting an extension (and Eric Green signing on), he might not make it to the regular season.

Paul Saoli-Suspended twice last year, but is the main reason the Trifecta didn't draft a NT. Thing is undrafted FA Louis Ellis has really impressed the coaches. THe Samoan has a lot to prove.

Ernest Wilford-With Patrick Turner and Brian Hartline being drafted, Wilford is probably gone unless he excells at TE. Even there, he's got to be better than Joey Haynos, Jon Nalbone, and the UDFA kid from Central Washington.

ROnnie Brown-He's been good, but he needs to take the step to great if he wants to get an extension

Vernon Carey-Got a decent sized contract in the offseason, now prove you deserve it.

Jake Grove-Got a deal nobody was expecting, now he has to prove he was worth it.
Marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 07:11 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ted Ginn. I love this guy as many on here know, but even I am starting to lose patience with him. I'm expecting a big year from him in his 3rd year. They say receivers usually take until the 3rd year to break out. We will see!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell

Last edited by thebow305 : 05-27-2009 at 07:16 PM.
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 07:15 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Leaf was a dumbass, dickhead who not only sucked on the field, but was terrible off of it too with his temper explosions and such....can't have that out of a QB.

And he was just AWFUL on the field too.....Alex Smith and David Carr were at least mediocre for a year or two. Leaf was never very good.

Plus, Leaf is/was/always will be compared to Peyton. MVP, future hall of famer Peyton.

That all adds up to make Leaf easily the worst draft pick....everzz.
I don't disagree on any particular trait...I feel like if Ryan were picked AHEAD of Peyton he would be the worst pick of allzz timez but oh well. Bygones will be bygones and all that. It brings me great joy to see him in trouble with the law.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
Broncos: Elvis Dummervil

He was good for a year or so, but really can't seem to stay effective.
I reckon that is harsh. On a D-line that has been ineffective for years, he is the only guy consistently getting anywhere near the QB (add to the fact he was drafted as an after-thought and is too small for a DE). He comes in on obvious passing situations (with the opposition is pass-protection mode) and he gets no help from anyone else on the line. IMO he is an over-achiever.

I think the guy on the Broncos is DJ Williams. He is the most talented LB on the team, and if the Broncos are gonna have any hope on defense this year at all then he is the guy that has to elevate his game to the elite level.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 08:31 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
David Garrard - If the offensive line and running game improve from last year but he doesn't, then say bye-bye.

John Henderson - He regressed big time last year. He needs to get back to his dominating self or the defense will continue to be porous.

Derrick Harvey/Quinton Groves - They need to continue to improve in their play in order to help the Jaguars' woeful pass rush.

Tony Pashos - His year was a mixed bag. If he doesn't improve in training camp, then he may get ousted by Britton and moved inside. Then the question will be how well he plays inside. If that doesn't work, then he's also "shut up."

Maurice Jones-Drew - He plays at a high level, but can he play as well as a starter? He doesn't represent a red flag as big as the others, but it's something to look out for.

Jack Del Rio - Not a player, but I'm getting the feeling that it's winning record or GTFO for him.
I'd add Mike Walker to this list. He's been talked up as a potential #1 receiver by Jaguars fans for two and a half years (including me), and he's had a ton of bad luck in the last two years. But he's run out of excuses. I want to see him get maybe 50 receptions and 700 yards at least, or it might be time to cut ties and let the new guys we drafted this year have a shot at it.

And I think Jack would be able to stay on if he managed an 8-8 record.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote