Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:41 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Not to veer entirely OT, but how is Scumbag douchenozzle Ryan Leaf still considered the worst bust of all time given all these guys who were actually the 1st overall pick who did absolutely nothing? I'm not being defensive, I would obviously not lift a finger to help Ryan if he were lying on the road, but it is a curiosity to me. Do the extra picks/players involved really balance out the fact that he was picked 2nd and not 1st? Enough to make him that much more of a bust than guys like Alex Smithor Jamarcus Russell?
As far as the play goes.. Jamarcus Russell didn't do TOO bad last year and will have another year to prove himself. Alex Smith had an alright year but the way the 49ers change offensive coordinators is like changing underwear. 5 in the past 5 seasons I believe. With a competent OC, Norv Turner, Alex Smith did pretty bad ass. His mechanics and throwing were questionable to begin with lol.

When it comes down to it.. Russell and Smith aren't complete D Bags like Leaf was.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:49 PM    (permalink
LookItsAlDavis
Veteran

LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Oakland Raider's starting offense.
LookItsAlDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Buster Davis: Hey guy you're a first rounder. I don't expect you to beat out Chambers or Jackson, but please win the #3 WR spot. Although honestly Legedu Naanee is much beastlier. What the heck are we going to do with this guy? If he hadn't been such a china doll from the beginning we would never have traded for Chambers mid-season, so I guess you could say he has contributed to the makeup of the team.
I forgot that guy even existed. When I read the name Buster Davis I thought of the 3rd round cardinals LB that was released in the same year he was drafted a couple years ago. That shows how big of a bust the WR Davis is.

Does he ever get onto the field? When watching Charger games I never seen him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookItsAlDavis View Post
The Oakland Raider's starting offense.
Most of those guys are trash, no one expects anything from them. Good collection of RBs though, they should try out the wild cat with McFadden throwing.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:57 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to throw in Wade Philips and John Fox as coaches that need to put up or shut up.

Philips has had a far too talented roster from top to bottom to allow crap to fester as it has with TO, the Corner situation and every other headline grabbing piece of crap to come out of dallas the past few years.

Romo and Williams should know the system by now and god knows that with Barber III, Choice and Jones as the RBs there's a good enough running game for defenses to be unable to cover everything at once.

It's time for the Cowboys to either get a better coach, or for Philips to start winning.

As for John Fox, the team's been a model of inconsistency been great one year, average the next, the defense or offense have either been brilliant or terrible but always lacking support from the other unit. With Meeks and Davidson the team finally has two good aggressive coordinators to utilize the good pieces that the team has. If we don't make the playoffs it'll lead to some severe disappointment from a lot of people in the fan base and it's doubtful Jerry Richardson continues with the Fox era.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:58 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpigskin View Post
this is a year late. Alex Smith's time is up and people know that now. That is why he is not the favorite to win his QB battle. His time is up.
I'm trying to figure out how Alex Smith could've improved last season considering he was placed on IR in the preseason. He hasn't thrown a regular season pass with a healthy shoulder since the 4th week of the 2007 season. He is also still just 25 years of age.

But along with the topic of the thread... He's not on my list because he has already lost his starting job and taken a huge paycut. Therefore, he can only rebuild a reputation already lost, not have one final chance at keeping the reputation.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:07 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind seeing alex smith go to one of a few places to compete. Somehow I could see him doing pretty well somewhere like Arizona if Leinart busts out, or Carolina as the heir to Delhomme's throne.

He showed a lot of moxie and talent I just feel that he has had probably the most unlucky run of coaching changes and injuries of just about any player I can remember in a long time. He's still so young to have spent so long in the game and I feel if he and aaron Rogers were switched in their draft places he'd be playing really well right now.

Old 05-27-2009, 11:11 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
I wouldn't mind seeing alex smith go to one of a few places to compete. Somehow I could see him doing pretty well somewhere like Arizona if Leinart busts out, or Carolina as the heir to Delhomme's throne.

He showed a lot of moxie and talent I just feel that he has had probably the most unlucky run of coaching changes and injuries of just about any player I can remember in a long time. He's still so young to have spent so long in the game and I feel if he and aaron Rogers were switched in their draft places he'd be playing really well right now.
Well said. It is unfortunate that a player who was considered a project because he came from a spread-option, as well as being a player who, according to Urban Meyer, struggles terribly until he has 100% understanding of his system, was expected to succeed on the least talented team in the NFL and a revolving door of offensive systems.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:19 PM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alex Smith looked pretty good his second year, especially considering the lack of receiving options and the learning curve he faced. I rarely see the 9'ers play so I don't really know the deal. But I was shocked when I heard he lost his starting job.

For the Saints...
I'll go with Reggie Bush, I know its a little cool to hate on Bush and he's been a solid player but he really needs to be a gamebreaker and atleast become one of the elite big play threats. He's really regressed since the end of his rookie year when he was playing so well. Plus he gets paid a ton.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 11:38 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatta! View Post
I'll add a couple more for the Packers.

Chad Clifton - contract year, didn't play well down the stretch
Scott Wells - talk that he might not even make the roster
Justin Harrell - just getting on the field consistently would be a start
AJ Hawk. New system should fit him better. Hasn't been #5 overall worthy... yet?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Who are the put up or shut players from your team(s) in 2009?

I can think of a few players who have to justify bloated salaries or just plain live up to their hype ................

Oakland Raiders: Michael Huff, S. They put him at safety last yr. to team with DeAngelo Hall & take advantage of his ball skills, where his coverage skills could be better masked & he wasn't a liability drawing too much opponent OC attention as a CB opposite Pro Bowler Asomugha. At this point he's the most overrated S since Roy Williams crashed & burned in Dallas, almost as bad in man coverage. Huff was an awesome college player & magnificent athletic physical specimen coming from Texas who just never lived up to the hype, releasing Hall in October last yr was the clear handwriting on the wall. Huff will be under a microscope this yr. & if WRs continue to run past him & he gives up big plays every game HC Cable will release him outright in mid-season like Hall, he was rumored to be trade bait but his has experienced such devaluation after his horrible 08 performance I don't think anyone wants him.
Uhhhh, what? They didn't just put him at safety last year, he started at safety his first 2 years and actually got benched for the majority of last season. I don't see how you think he's overrated, he's a bust who was benched and almost cut. It's hard to be overrated when your not rated very highly. Heck, you even say it in your own post "he was rumored to be trade bait but his has experienced such devaluation after his horrible 08 performance I don't think anyone wants him".

And your wrong about his weakness, pass coverage was not his problem. That was pretty much the only area where he did a decent job. He was a bad tackler and he never became the "big play" guy he was supposed to be, he was just invisible. As for this year, he'll have to actually start in order to prove anything and I don't know if that will be happening.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Burger
Rookie

Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkayeah View Post
bear pascoe is nowhere near as good a blocker as veron davis
Are you sure about that?
Old 05-28-2009, 12:28 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
AJ Hawk. New system should fit him better. Hasn't been #5 overall worthy... yet?
AJ Hawk needs to step his game up this season, but at least he's been on the field and played as a capable backer. Justin Harrell definitely needs to prove the most this coming season and his back problems need to become a non-issue.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:28 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongside View Post
Max Starks needs to show he can be a consistently good tackle.
Starks was our Best lineman.

It's gotta be Kemo. Dude's a manimal when he doesn't get confused.

When he does, ask Jason Jones how good he is.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:35 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
Sidney Rice. He has been decent in the red zone but injuries have plagued him since he has gotten into the NFL and he needs a good season this year.
I think Sidney Rice can play, but when you keep getting nagging injuries it's hard to really be yourself...I don't know if the team has much faith in him, but he's always been a great red zone weapon whenever I saw him play and he's got some explosiveness to his game.

Doesn't surprise me he hasn't taken the next level because he left South Carolina early, but I think he can have a year around 700 yards, 7 TD's if he can stay healthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I think Sidney Rice can play, but when you keep getting nagging injuries it's hard to really be yourself...I don't know if the team has much faith in him, but he's always been a great red zone weapon whenever I saw him play and he's got some explosiveness to his game.

Doesn't surprise me he hasn't taken the next level because he left South Carolina early, but I think he can have a year around 700 yards, 7 TD's if he can stay healthy.
I was in love with Rice that draft year. I was so pissed that Rice and Jarrett went right before Pittsburgh. Luckily, we got Wood and I am no longer pissed that the Steelers didn't get them.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:39 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
I was in love with Rice that draft year. I was so pissed that Rice and Jarrett went right before Pittsburgh. Luckily, we got Wood and I am no longer pissed that the Steelers didn't get them.
He was considered a 1st round talent by some so once he got to that point most people felt whatever team got him would be pretty lucky...He had 400 yards and 4 TD's as a very raw rookie, he's got the skills to break out I think which is why I was surprised they were trying to give TJ so much money to put him on the bench.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:18 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpigskin View Post
this is a year late. Alex Smith's time is up and people know that now. That is why he is not the favorite to win his QB battle. His time is up.
He is statistically the most improved QB in NFL history, gets the crap beat out of him, and misses the next two years, and his time is up?
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:36 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Redskins:

Jason Campbell- Doesn't have to win a Superbowl but needs to improve and make some noise for us or hes gone.

Devin Thomas- Been talking all offseason lets see what you do.

Carlos Rogers- Need to improve consistency to get the contract hes looking for that...

Deanglo Hall- Step up for the money you just got paid.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:50 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
He is statistically the most improved QB in NFL history, gets the crap beat out of him, and misses the next two years, and his time is up?
You're on an NFL forum with people who think Balmer is a bust because he wasnt a starter by years end, last season. Let it go.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 02:01 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
You're on an NFL forum with people who think Balmer is a bust because he wasnt a starter by years end, last season. Let it go.
I was just asking a question.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 02:03 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah people don't realize that playing 5 tech DE isn't an easy thing to do.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:08 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Caddy Williams, I want to see him put up. Gotta fight the injury bug man.

Something I noticed, college Rbs that come out from a 2 rb system, seem to get injured more when they take on NFL load of carries. Unless they are splitting the carries then they can delay the injury bug.

Examples: Barber, Maroney, Brown, Caddy, few other names that slip my mind.

Also Dwayne Jarrett, come on man. Its typical that big USC WRs suck in the NFL. Lets gather some more data, before making this decision, but its looking that way. We'll see how Patrick Turner turns out in 3 years.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:45 AM    (permalink
Mr. Hero
Veteran

Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Mr. Hero wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
If you think this forum's not incredibly patient just pay a visit to realgm.com's knick board, it's unbelievable how impatient and delusional some posters are on there.
Mr. Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 03:27 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Also Dwayne Jarrett, come on man. Its typical that big USC WRs suck in the NFL. Lets gather some more data, before making this decision, but its looking that way. We'll see how Patrick Turner turns out in 3 years.

Dwayne hasn't been that bad, he was pretty bad as a rookie but last year he came up big on a few drives late in games on third down to keep drives going.

He hasn't exploded and I don't think he will this year either but he's been at least a solid third option for the Panthers. Most of the passes end up going to the backs or tight ends after Smitty or Moose but Jarrett has been coming along.

People forget that he's still 22 (23 in september) he's got plenty of time to mature and get right in the league.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:28 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
I'd add Mike Walker to this list. He's been talked up as a potential #1 receiver by Jaguars fans for two and a half years (including me), and he's had a ton of bad luck in the last two years. But he's run out of excuses. I want to see him get maybe 50 receptions and 700 yards at least, or it might be time to cut ties and let the new guys we drafted this year have a shot at it.

And I think Jack would be able to stay on if he managed an 8-8 record.
True about Walker.

And yeah, I think 8-8 could possibly bide him time. But another losing year may be too much for Weaver to handle with Cowher and Shanahan lying in wait.

jkpigskin: I agree, which is why I said "improve their play." I can give them a couple years to live up to their potential, but the Jaguars need them to improve this year enough so they can have a meaningful impact on the team's defensive improvment.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote