Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 05-31-2009, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Predict The Team Leaders

I'm stealin' this from the Ravens board, word for word.

Just for fun because it's the offseason and I need something to talk about. Simple thing just put up who you think will lead the team in different stat categories.

Passing Yards-Carson
Passing TDs-Palmer

Rushing Yards- Cedric Benson
Rushing TDs- Cedric Benson

Receiving Yards- Chad Johnson
Receptions- Chad Johnson
Receiving TDs- Chris Henry

Tackles- Keith Rivers
Sacks- Geathers? (tough one for me, was bout to say Peko)
Interceptions- Leon Hall

Pro bowlers-
Carson Palmer, Keith Rivers maybe

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 11:06 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty much agree with everything though I could see JJ having the most picks if hes healthy and remembers how to catch the ball. I could also see Chad making the Pro Bowl again and this might be the year for Andrew Whitworth as well.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Caldwell could really surprise this season and lead in receptions.

If he gets healthy, I would think Chase Coffman could also surprise and be close in the TD category. He is built to be a red zone machine.

I think Odom will lead in sacks and Tank could be right behind him.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:05 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agree with Caldwell potentially getting most receptions, I have a feeling it won't be CJ although he'll almost surely lead in yards.

If JJ can stay healthy and learn how to catch the ball then he has a shot. He's always in a spot to get his hands on the ball. Granted, Hall is definitely the safe bet to take INT's.

Sacks is the hard spot. I'd say Geathers but it's wide open.

I'd say for pro-bowl Carson and Rivers... I think someone on defense will definitely make it this year.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
I could see JJ having the most picks if hes healthy and remembers how to catch the ball.
It'd be JJ without a doubt if he could catch the damn ball.

RIP ST
Old 06-04-2009, 03:04 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He looked like he finally figured that out in his second year but he has been injured so we really havent been able to see it regularly. When healthy he's a top CB in the NFL without a doubt in my opinion.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 06-04-2009, 06:01 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
He looked like he finally figured that out in his second year but he has been injured so we really havent been able to see it regularly. When healthy he's a top CB in the NFL without a doubt in my opinion.
Agreed. I know I'm not being overly homer by talking so big about JJ given I think he's a better CB than Hall at this point. When healthy, I think he's one of the best cover corners in the league.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:08 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Passing Yards-Carson
Passing TDs-Palmer

Receiving Yards- Chris Henry
Receptions- Caldwell

Tackles- Dhani Jones
Sacks- Antwan Odom
Interceptions- Leon Hall

Pro bowlers- Carson Palmer, Keith Rivers, Leon Hall, Chris Henry, Andre Smith

Really Chris Henry? I think you are going to see a sick year out of Chris Henry. The Man seems to be on a mission to prove himself...however Chad Johnson doesnt look to prove anything. Henry is going to be a surprise and Coles will be sure to help take the pressure off of him. Caldwell will be the go to guy on 3rd downs and he will be certain to rake in the Receptions.

Why not Keith Rivers on tackles? MLB's tend to lead this category. Sometimes you will see an OLB and occasionally a SS. Dhani Jones is a good MLB. Was 17th in tackles last season and I think you will see a continuation of that. Rey will prolly play alot in sam instead of mike though I still think you will see him there at mike some. It wont be enough to take the team lead in tackles though.

5 pro bowlers? yea...but there could be more. Whitworth could be surprising on the LT spot, I think Henry is going to tear it up. Sack leader could be huge...Odom might do it. Leon Hall will be dominant at CB and Keith Rivers will be the best Will LB in the league.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:48 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Am I alone in thinking that CJ is gonna have a big comeback year?

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 06-05-2009, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think compared to last year he will have a big year but Caldwell and Henry are really pushing hard and have the right attitudes right now (Dear God I cant believe I just said that about Henry) and they will push hard for the majority of catches and because Henry is such a deep threat I think he will rack up yards.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 06-05-2009, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
Really Chris Henry? I think you are going to see a sick year out of Chris Henry. The Man seems to be on a mission to prove himself...however Chad Johnson doesnt look to prove anything. Henry is going to be a surprise and Coles will be sure to help take the pressure off of him. Caldwell will be the go to guy on 3rd downs and he will be certain to rake in the Receptions.
honestly, Chris Henry is the player i'm most excited about this year. i feel like he's going to be huge for us.

RIP ST
Old 06-10-2009, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Passing Yards- Palmer
Passing TDs- Palmer

Receiving Yards Chad Ochocinco
Receptions Chad Ochocinco

Tackles Dhani Jones
Sacks Antwan Odom
Interceptions Leon Hall

Pro bowlers-
Leon Hall, Chad Ochocinco, Carson Palmer, D. Peko
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post

Receiving Yards Chad Ochocinco
Receptions Chad Ochocinco

Pro bowlers-
Chad Ochocinco,
Please dont call him that. I hate that. He will forever be Chad Johnson to me.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 06-11-2009, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Please dont call him that. I hate that. He will forever be Chad Johnson to me.
I like it :(
Old 06-11-2009, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

How do you like it? It was around this time that he became Chad the Team Killer when he became so obsessed with his own image over the success of the team. I like how Marvin still calls him CJ

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 06-12-2009, 02:02 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
How do you like it? It was around this time that he became Chad the Team Killer when he became so obsessed with his own image over the success of the team. I like how Marvin still calls him CJ
It's just Chad's personality. We can all sit around and talk about how he's a cancer to the team, but he's also one of the reasons the Bengals are even semi-relevant at this point. Yes he's a little emotional, and yes, he's a little flamboyant but if he wasn't those things then he wouldn't be who he is.

I liked when Chad was the king of the world with end zone dances. I liked when Chad had a yellow mo hawk. I liked when Chad had gold teeth. I liked when Chad made his own HoF jacket. And I liked it when Chad changed his name to Ochocinco.

I said it on these forums repeatedly but I just didn't feel the same sentiments about him wanting out of Cincinnati. Every player knows that eventually they'll lose control over their body's value and their time will run out. Chad doesn't want to leave the NFL without a ring, I understand that and can deal with it.

You guys can hate Chad for who he is, but I'm grateful for what he's done. I'm not completely excusing him for throwing last year's season away (which he admits to, and apologizes for, now). But at the same time, I'm not going to crucify the guy for it, or something else that isn't even related to that (like changing his last name).

If he still plays for us, are you still a fan of his? What happens if he puts up 1500 yards and 10 touchdowns and helps us get the play offs? Will you call him Ochocinco then?
Old 06-12-2009, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

I will still call him Chad Johnson. I hate name changes. Barring for good reasons (Stalker, witness protection kinda stuff). There is a fighter who had the nickname "War Machine" and it was trademarked by TNA and he legally changed his name to War Machine so it isnt infringement.
I called him "eight-five" "ocho-cinco" and all that before the name change now it sounds kinda lame. Like an overplayed joke or punch line from SNL.

War Machine:
http://sherdog.com/fighter/War-Machine-10999

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack

Last edited by Bengals78 : 06-12-2009 at 02:38 PM.