Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks

Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks Discuss the Seahawks

Old 04-23-2010, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am ecstatic, and I am no longer worried that Pete Carroll is going to reach for former USC players. Way to go coach: I'm going to turn off the TV and quit thinking about the draft. First three picks= very, very nice.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calubflower View Post
I am ecstatic, and I am no longer worried that Pete Carroll is going to reach for former USC players. Way to go coach: I'm going to turn off the TV and quit thinking about the draft. First three picks= very, very nice.
This has been an amazing draft I'm sooooo happy right now.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:46 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calubflower View Post
My wishlist, in no particular order. And assuming Golden Tate is gone, because if he falls to 60 I'd be ecstatic.

Gerhart. (That one's in "particular order.")

Arrelious Benn, Jacoby Ford, Mardy Gilyard, Everson Griffen, or LaMarr Houston. I'd be cool with Ben Tate at 60, I guess, if all those guys are gone.
It was a crazy fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 12:09 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ecstatic with this draft so far. Its been pretty simple so far...we have so many needs that you just sit back and let teams reach, take BPA and fill needs at the same time.

Everson Griffen at 104 will just be icing.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:56 AM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
Ecstatic with this draft so far. Its been pretty simple so far...we have so many needs that you just sit back and let teams reach, take BPA and fill needs at the same time.

Everson Griffen at 104 will just be icing.
If Griffin is there at their first pick I just can't see them passing on him. He has huge potential and getting him in the 4th should be a steal. I just kind of wonder what was going on down at USC cause those players have been free falling.

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6
summond822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 02:24 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right now, it looks to me like the two best drafts belong to the NFC West. Three immediate starters who provide big upgrades with your first three picks is always a good thing. If there is one thing I didn't like though, it was Pete Carroll at the end of the third round talking about how it was so hard it was to watch the USC guys fall on the NFL Network. If he's there, Griffin would be a great pick to the Seahawks. Tremendous value at a need position. In fact, he'd be such a great pick, I was wondering why the Seahawks didn't trade up into the late third and get him right then instead of talking about how hard it was to watch the USC guys fall?
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 03:07 AM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
Right now, it looks to me like the two best drafts belong to the NFC West. Three immediate starters who provide big upgrades with your first three picks is always a good thing. If there is one thing I didn't like though, it was Pete Carroll at the end of the third round talking about how it was so hard it was to watch the USC guys fall on the NFL Network. If he's there, Griffin would be a great pick to the Seahawks. Tremendous value at a need position. In fact, he'd be such a great pick, I was wondering why the Seahawks didn't trade up into the late third and get him right then instead of talking about how hard it was to watch the USC guys fall?
They can't afford to give up any picks right now, we have way too many needs. I like how Schneider and Carroll have approached this draft, taking BPA and not focusing in on one player and giving up way too much for them.

The thing that has impressed me the most is how well these guys know the value of the draft and just aren't forcing it. I'm still hoping that they pick up an additional pick or two this year because this draft is ridiculously deep...

Old 04-24-2010, 09:35 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanted to say that the NFC West has been drafting very well. I'm only going to comment here though since I hate the rest of the NFC West though. Nice deal for White too!
Old 04-24-2010, 10:20 AM    (permalink
MikeTeel
Rookie

MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.

This all seems too good to be true. Got Lendale and Vickerson for peanuts, Lendale is exactly what we need behind Forsett, Vickerson will provide competition at DT which Carroll loves, Thurmond could end up being a steal if he gets healthy, well worth the risk. Everythings going great.
MikeTeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:34 AM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

I thought that the draft today was resuming at 9 PST...but when I turn on my computer this morning the 4th round is almost over...

Oh well I like Thurmond and White

Old 04-24-2010, 11:02 AM    (permalink
MikeTeel
Rookie

MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.

Don't know a lot about E.J. Wilson but he looks like he could be an okay role player. Good against the run, not a lot of pass rush moves. Won't ever be a starter, but can be good depth. Not exactly ecstatic with the pick like I have been with the others, would have preferred either Reshad Jones or Larry Asante because we have no depth at safety but another base DE was needed.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:03 AM    (permalink
MikeTeel
Rookie

Kam Chancellor works, I geuss he'll move to FS, but I'd rather a SS like the two I previously mentioned.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:06 AM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTeel View Post
Kam Chancellor works, I geuss he'll move to FS, but I'd rather a SS like the two I previously mentioned.
Earl Thomas is the FS in our system. Carroll said that in his press conference after the first round.

Old 04-24-2010, 11:09 AM    (permalink
MikeTeel
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by summond822 View Post
Earl Thomas is the FS in our system. Carroll said that in his press conference after the first round.
For some reason, I thought Chancellor played CB in College and had to move to safety, naturally making me think that he would play FS, which is why I didn't like the pick at first. Forgot that he was actually already a safety. So it's a whole different situation now, I like the pick. Im still a huge Asante fan though.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Leon/Lendale should be a nice combo for the Seahawks if Carroll can bring Lendale back to his USC form. You got Leon for a steal. :(
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:42 AM    (permalink
MikeTeel
Rookie

Our RB situation looks a lot like the Jets last year.

Justin Forsett is our Thomas Jones, all around back, will start and break down the defense, get them tired. Can run between the tackles, outside the tackles, catch a pass, block, etc. Then, LenDale White is our Shonn Green. Short yardage thumper, goal line/red zone back, good blocking. Then finally, Leon Washington is our.. Leon Washington! Comes in when Forsett tires out the Defense and breaks out long runs outside and really helps our return game. Our running game goes from one of the worst in the league to the upper half of the league, imo.

Our passing game stays about average, Golden Tate I can see replicating Burlesons stats last year. Our offensive line is way improved, will help our battling QBs get it to our recievers and also help improve our run game. Basically, our offense went from a weak spot to a major strength.

Our defense im still worried about, we upgraded our secondary with Thomas and provided good depth with Chancellor. We also upgraded corner with Thurmond, who would be a 2nd round player without the injuries. If he gets over his injuries, he will be a starter next to Trufant, moving Wilson to the nickel. If not, he will be great depth. I still don't know what they're doing with there front 7, is Curry playing standup end? Are EJ Wilson and L-Jax going to be the base DEs on the other side? I don't know enough of the situation to make a comment, but our defense isn't as improved as our offense is.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:08 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

Well we knew that they wouldn't be able to fix everything in one year, so I'd put our top priorities next year as QB & DE. More than anything we need a consistent pass rush, and I think that EJ Wilson is really just a depth player. We need a true pass rusher and I don't think that we're going to get one in this draft.

Old 04-24-2010, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Babylon is sad now.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:19 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTeel View Post
Our RB situation looks a lot like the Jets last year.

Justin Forsett is our Thomas Jones, all around back, will start and break down the defense, get them tired. Can run between the tackles, outside the tackles, catch a pass, block, etc. Then, LenDale White is our Shonn Green. Short yardage thumper, goal line/red zone back, good blocking. Then finally, Leon Washington is our.. Leon Washington! Comes in when Forsett tires out the Defense and breaks out long runs outside and really helps our return game. Our running game goes from one of the worst in the league to the upper half of the league, imo.
That's a giant, hilarious stretch. But best of luck. You guys have been making a lot of moves that look good on paper.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:12 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Loved this draft. Nothing else to even say.

Stole Tate, Leon, and Okung.

I really hope Thomas' game translates...

What's the book on Konz? Why was he so hyped up again?
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Freakish athlete, and that's about it. He's a pure triangle-numbers guy:

6'3" 235lbs, 4.45. Benched 27 times at his pro day, and had a 46 inch vertical. I read an article that said the guys running the drills had to reset the vertical jump setup because he reached over the entire thing on his first jump. He played linebacker his first couple of years, so he's a tough guy. Sounds like he's smart and a hard worker, too. I like the pick; he could do a lot of things on offense, and probably be a terrific special teams gunner at the very least.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:32 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

I really like how the first two rounds went in getting Okung, Thomas, and Tate. I actually liked the majority of this draft, I just question the Wilson and McCoy picks. Wilson because he's not really a pass rusher and that is what I thought we were looking for at DE, and McCoy because I think that TE is the one area where we didn't need to spend a pick on a player.

However the most important thing that came out of this draft in my opinion was seeing Carroll not reaching for his old USC players. This restored a lot of faith in the direction this team is heading to me.

Old 04-24-2010, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Quote:
I really like how the first two rounds went in getting Okung, Thomas, and Tate. I actually liked the majority of this draft, I just question the Wilson and McCoy picks. Wilson because he's not really a pass rusher and that is what I thought we were looking for at DE, and McCoy because I think that TE is the one area where we didn't need to spend a pick on a player.

However the most important thing that came out of this draft in my opinion was seeing Carroll not reaching for his old USC players. This restored a lot of faith in the direction this team is heading to me.
Two TE sets with McCoy and Carlson are gonna be pretty sick if you ask me.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Quote:

McCoy was a good value. I actually wish Carroll would have traded up for another of his USC players and gotten Everson Griffen at the top of the 4th- that was a need, and great value at that point. That's really the only thing that I didn't care for in this draft, and mainly only because we were so close to having him fall to us. And I've kept thinking about Jameson Konz, and I'm guessing he's going to be used like a leaner, faster, more athletic Leonard Weaver. Provided he makes the team, etc. As they say, he's certainly "got the tools."
Old 04-24-2010, 08:16 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's possible they were targeting Greg Hardy, who came off the board right before they picked Wilson.

LoJack and co. are going to have to step up.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote