Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks

Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks Discuss the Seahawks

Old 04-18-2010, 12:22 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Best is a better RB, while Spiller is a better return man and receiver. Best seems to run with a little more power, while Spiller is more elusive and has better top speed.

The injuries are a concern, but if we can get him in the 2nd round I would take that chance. There's no guarantee Spiller will stay healthy either and we'd have to spend a 1st on him, when we have more pressing needs than RB.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:43 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So who you guys like more Bulaga or Williams?

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:22 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^Don't care. I don't really like either in comparison to Okung to be honest but I've never played OL and trust the opinions of NFL people over my casual scouting when it comes to OL.

I'm more worried about #14 and somehow getting my favorite prospect of all-time in C.J. Spiller.
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:34 PM    (permalink
MikeTeel
Rookie

MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.

I'm so confused as to who I want at 6 and 14 that I'm not even going to speculate as to who I want. I'll leave this up to Carroll, Schnieder and co. and hope that they don't screw up.
MikeTeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:35 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post

I'm more worried about #14 and somehow getting my favorite prospect of all-time in C.J. Spiller.
me too. Sodo Mojo magic needs to take a detour to New York on thursday. I won't miss it as long as we get Spiller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:36 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTeel View Post
I'm so confused as to who I want at 6 and 14 that I'm not even going to speculate as to who I want. I'll leave this up to Carroll, Schnieder and co. and hope that they don't screw up.
hahaha me too. This is the first draft I have no clear cut player I want, sans Spiller.

Quote:
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Old 04-18-2010, 07:39 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I mean I would love to get Berry and Spiller, but there are gaping holes at LT and DE - two of the most important positions in football (whereas RB and S are two of the least important) so I'd be very happy with Spiller and a tackle.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:40 PM    (permalink
MikeTeel
Rookie

MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.MikeTeel could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
hahaha me too. This is the first draft I have no clear cut player I want, sans Spiller.
Seriously, its because we've always had such late picks so there were always a few that I was leaning towards, and the draft has never been as important as it is this year with TWO early picks and a whole new regime. I'm legitimately scared. I think so far im leaning towards Okung/Trent/Berry/Bulaga in that order at 6, and Spiller/Dez/Morgan in that order at 14.

Last year I wanted Crabtree badly, and this year when Clausen was thought to be the number one QB, I wanted Bradford at 6 so bad but boy how things have changed. I hate the draft, but I love it.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:41 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

And imagine what this would have been like if they didn't add Whitehurst! They'd have to consider Clausen and if not, Tebow/McCoy at #40. They would then have all those gaping holes + no possible QB of the future...
Old 04-18-2010, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And imagine what this would have been like if they didn't add Whitehurst! They'd have to consider Clausen and if not, Tebow/McCoy at #40. They would then have all those gaping holes + no possible QB of the future...
I certainly don't have much if any faith in Whitehurst being the QB of the future. Well, if by QB if the future you mean placeholder for Jake Locker then I'm there with ya!
Old 04-18-2010, 11:05 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
I certainly don't have much if any faith in Whitehurst being the QB of the future. Well, if by QB if the future you mean placeholder for Jake Locker then I'm there with ya!
This until Locker is drafted.

As for Bulaga vs. Williams, I'm leaning Williams because of versatility, but I don't see much difference between them right now, except maybe Williams is a better long term prospect.

As for what everyone else is saying, I really have no idea what the Hawks are going to do, so I'm sitting back and trying not to get too attached to any one player, although Spiller at 14 is a win in my book all day.

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6
summond822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 11:09 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

I'm not sold on Whitehurst at all either.

I was just saying that we would all be even MORE in the dark if the front office hadn't already "addressed" (they hope) the QB position.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
So who you guys like more Bulaga or Williams?
I thought Williams looked better as a RT and doesnt seem to be as good a drive blocker as Bulaga. Having said that i wouldnt have a problem with either. I guess i'm in the minority here that would rather have a big back to go with Forsett. Bulaga/Mays/Gerhart is my dream scenario.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I thought Williams looked better as a RT and doesnt seem to be as good a drive blocker as Bulaga. Having said that i wouldnt have a problem with either. I guess i'm in the minority here that would rather have a big back to go with Forsett. Bulaga/Mays/Gerhart is my dream scenario.
I would rather take a RB later too. Heck, if we can get Javhid Best in the 2nd round I wouldn't mind taking a big RB late (Dixon, Miller) and send JJ packing. I also wouldn't mind a safety at 14, but I am praying that safety is Thomas and not Mays. My favorite big back who's a realistic possibility for the Hawks is Tate.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:33 AM    (permalink
MikeTeel
Rookie

A little off-topic, but I say we get this forum a little more active. I see a lot of guys posting from my numerous amounts of lurking that are Seattle fans as well as intelligent which a lot of sites don't offer. I'd like to make this one of my regularly visisted Seahawk forums. Lets start posting in here a little more, whos with me?
Old 04-19-2010, 12:36 AM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTeel View Post
A little off-topic, but I say we get this forum a little more active. I see a lot of guys posting from my numerous amounts of lurking that are Seattle fans as well as intelligent which a lot of sites don't offer. I'd like to make this one of my regularly visisted Seahawk forums. Lets start posting in here a little more, whos with me?
It's just hard because there are only like 5 of us total haha.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:11 AM    (permalink
MikeTeel
Rookie

Quote:
It's just hard because there are only like 5 of us total haha.
Really? Seemed like more tbh. Well damn. If we post it will bring in more I reckon. Yes I just said I reckon, get over it.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would rather take a RB later too. Heck, if we can get Javhid Best in the 2nd round I wouldn't mind taking a big RB late (Dixon, Miller) and send JJ packing. I also wouldn't mind a safety at 14, but I am praying that safety is Thomas and not Mays. My favorite big back who's a realistic possibility for the Hawks is Tate.
To me Toby Gerhart would be a steal at #60. Pete Carroll has to have seen all of Toby he really needs to see having watched him march up and down the field against his defense. Dixon is a slower version and Dwyer even slower and both of those guys were less productive.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:50 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Dwyer is a bust waiting to happen. I don't trust the triple option at all, I mean it made Navy good...I'm not going to trust any RB to come outta that system.

Gerhart at 60 would be a steal, and if they don't get Spiller, I will immediately be pulling for Gerhart at 60 or Tate in the 4th.

And yeah, there pretty much are only 5 of us that check these forums with any regularity.

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6

Last edited by summond822 : 04-19-2010 at 12:55 PM.
summond822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:19 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

There are some scenarios that I would like to see:
1. Okung
1b. Thomas
2. Best

or switch Thomas with a Pass Rushing DE and we'll be good. My wet dream draft scenario is:
1. Berry
1b. Spiller
2. Everson Griffen

Quote:

Old 04-19-2010, 08:29 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

I think they'll definitely be movers. Maybe not in the first round (although I could see them moving down from #14 to get Charles Brown, a DE, Nate Allen or *gulp* Taylor Mays later) but I definitely see them moving into the third (or up in the second - how ironic would that be?) using the two fourths and two fifths...

If they don't get Spiller (AAAHHHH!!!!), I would expect them to offer the Bills/Dolphins a pick or picks for Marshawn Lynch or Ronnie Brown.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:31 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

good point, hopefully they trade down. but the real question is, do you want marshawn or ronnie? Ronnie has a higher price tag I am assuming, and I love me some Marshawn.

Quote:

Old 04-19-2010, 08:35 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

^I wouldn't mind either - both are very, very good RBs and would instantly be a gigantic upgrade over the botched FA signing that shall not be named.

But I've been a gigantic Spiller fan since his freshman year so I'll be very angry if they don't somehow end up with him. Lynch or Brown would be a good consolation prize but I'd still be upset, especially initially.

I loved Crabtree and I love Spiller. These guys are just automatic playmaking stars at the NFL level. Passing on both in consecutive years would be devastating to me.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:38 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
^I wouldn't mind either - both are very, very good RBs and would instantly be a gigantic upgrade over the botched FA signing that shall not be named.

But I've been a gigantic Spiller fan since his freshman year so I'll be very angry if they don't somehow end up with him. Lynch or Brown would be a good consolation prize but I'd still be upset, especially initially.

I loved Crabtree and I love Spiller. These guys are just automatic playmaking stars at the NFL level. Passing on both in consecutive years would be devastating to me.
I agree with you on all points, but would just like to add my love for Jahvid Best is second to Spiller and nobody else in this draft. we gotta get this dude.

Quote:

Old 04-19-2010, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Quote:

You just had to mention Crabtree... :(