Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-26-2012, 08:05 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
brah you mirin his guns? ya you mirin
Srs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Of course he is. He'll be hittin the circuit hard in the 'curl rack' in no time.
Fortunately for him, today was my upper body day. He was able to do his full circuit. Oh, and he was just curling the BB... Seriously.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:36 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
I know I'm a stranger in this thread, but I've really started working out a lot lately so you might see me in here some more.

I'm signed up for a couple of 5Ks coming up as well as the warrior dash so this week I've picked it up and started 2-a-day workouts.

This morning I did an hour of cardio and followed it up with 50 pullups, 100 pushups and 250 various situps. Tonight I'm gonna run 2.5 miles and then run bleachers. and probably do like 100-200 more situps.

Next I just need to get my diet in check. Giving up soda will probs kill me.
damn 50 pullups. Might as well add a dipbelt and some weight to really get a great workout in.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:20 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha, it was over quite a bit of time though, to be honest.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright... I better start seeing some results in the next couple of months!
I workout 5 times a week, run 2-3 (2 mi/each time) and am now adding a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu conditioning class twice a week.

All that and I'm eating better. Not counting calories, carbs, etc but just eating better all around.
I use the MyFitnessPal app to track my food intake (the barcode is legit!) and I try to follow their guidlines.
... on that note, I don't get in as much K as they say I should.
Besides bananas, how do I increase my K intake? Not sure what it does besides helping out with cramps.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just take a quality vitamin and dont worry about counting anything too much as long as you are eating a decent amount of fruits and veggies.

Last edited by Rob S : 07-30-2012 at 09:12 PM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Finz99
Pro Bowler

Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Alright... I better start seeing some results in the next couple of months!
I workout 5 times a week, run 2-3 (2 mi/each time) and am now adding a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu conditioning class twice a week.

All that and I'm eating better. Not counting calories, carbs, etc but just eating better all around.
I use the MyFitnessPal app to track my food intake (the barcode is legit!) and I try to follow their guidlines.
... on that note, I don't get in as much K as they say I should.
Besides bananas, how do I increase my K intake? Not sure what it does besides helping out with cramps.
Bananas really aren't that high in K compared to some. Better sources would be potatoes, beans, tomatoes...all are a great source for K, potatoes probably being the best.

Last edited by Finz99 : 07-30-2012 at 09:17 PM.
Finz99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Beanie Wells, RB, Cardinals

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
BEST POST EVER

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol. That is amazing. Beanie Wells should spend more time in this thread.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:50 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Just take a quality vitamin
Orange Triad.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I take the GNC Multi Sport vitamin. Still not enough. Though I get a **** ton excess of every other vitamin (letter) though
MyFinessPal claims I should be taking in 3500mg of K but I've cracked 2000 only twice in the last ten days.

Old 07-30-2012, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
I take the GNC Multi Sport vitamin. Still not enough. Though I get a **** ton excess of every other vitamin (letter) though
MyFinessPal claims I should be taking in 3500mg of K but I've cracked 2000 only twice in the last ten days.
Don't stress about it. It isn't a big deal imo.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Alright. Thanks.

Old 08-02-2012, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
No one in my fantasy league will ever know that I drafted Beanie Wells. I was wondering why he wasn't on my team, and now I know.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:06 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we all know
Old 08-03-2012, 12:12 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

so got an MRI done, turns out I have a torn left rotator cuff? I have an appointment with sports doc on Wednesday with the same guy who works with the Phillies, I hope he is good. I think i'm need surgery, since its been like 6 years. It never hurt that bad, but couldn't bench anything over 135, and bar would usually be crooked. Recently it started to hurt bad, so I got it checked. A few times I pulled it bad, so I would have to act like my arm is in an invisible sling, probably should have gotten it check then, but it would be fine in like 3-4 days.

I think I made my right shoulder worse, to compensate for the left. I'm ask for him to take a look at it, maybe mild tendinitis. If i hold say an empty box over my head for like 20-30 seconds, it starts to get really fatigued and a build up of pain.

What should I do to work it out and other parts of my body that require shoulder? Squats which I love, hurts do damn much, on the shoulder. Haven't benched in like 3 weeks, can't do more than 1-2 pullups.

Cleans and deadlifts seems to not be a problem, so those are fun to do.
Old 08-03-2012, 04:08 AM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm stuck on an annoying weight plateau right now. It's amazing how the body can stubbornly hold on to weight sometimes, even when you think you're doing everything right. I may give this crossfit thing a serious try soon.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:12 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I'm stuck on an annoying weight plateau right now. It's amazing how the body can stubbornly hold on to weight sometimes, even when you think you're doing everything right. I may give this crossfit thing a serious try soon.
I can relate - I don't do like hardcore workouts - but my weight pretty much stays at 165 no matter what. I lift/run 1 mile 3 days a week and run 3-5 miles and do ab work 2/3 days a week and I am pretty static - I really do not fluctuate more than a couple lbs in either direction.

The lowest I got was like 155 four or so years ago when I probably did my most rigorous workouts.

Let me know if you try out crossfit and whether or not you are getting results.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:54 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Do HIIT....
Old 08-03-2012, 11:40 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

try the p90x plyometrics video. Shiits intense. I would do it like 4 times a week. Also try taking an off week, and then start again.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:37 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you should never do plyo's more than twice a week. At that point, you have fully exhausted your nervous system and you're actually getting less out of your workout, and the plyo's start to be counter-effective.

Nut up and do some aerobics, dawg. Hop in some Zumba or join a rec basketball league or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Strained left bicep. **** sucks!

Old 08-05-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love doing cardio more than anything. Burns tons of calories, keeps me in shape and is great for the heart. I think i prefer it to straight weight-lifting which can be kind of monotonous.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:45 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Love doing cardio more than anything. Burns tons of calories, keeps me in shape and is great for the heart. I think i prefer it to straight weight-lifting which can be kind of monotonous.
Yea going to lift at the gym takes a lot more motivation than going for a run. What types of cario do you do ?
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe some strength training should be part of just about anyone's workout plan, even if is minimal and using only body weight. I believe a fitness routine that involves a 3-5 days per week of strength training and moderate amounts of cardio is better than a heavy cardio fitness plan that involves little to no resistance/strength training.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote