Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-04-2014, 10:42 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been staying in shape the past year by running 3 miles a day, and by doing pushups / situps / pullups, but a couple of weeks ago I joined a gym and started lifting weights again.

Anyone got any good tips for dealing with soreness?
Old 01-04-2014, 11:06 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Or the other way around. It will actually be easier to do it in reverse. Gain the muscle first and then shed the pounds.

I'm assuming this is to look good for summer though, so perhaps shed weight now. Either way, you definitely don't have the time to drop 40 lbs and gain muscle by summer unless you're a total lifting noob.
I started working out at about this time last year and that was what I did. I just didn't bother cutting for the summer and focused on building muscle. It kind of sucked that I was overweight all summer, but I'm glad that I did it that way.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 02:35 AM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
I've been staying in shape the past year by running 3 miles a day, and by doing pushups / situps / pullups, but a couple of weeks ago I joined a gym and started lifting weights again.

Stretching, cool down work, sleep, nutrition.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 03:05 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verloren View Post
Stretching, cool down work, sleep, nutrition.
Basically this. With an emphasis on sleep, plenty of food and foam rolling if you are really hurting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I started working out at about this time last year and that was what I did. I just didn't bother cutting for the summer and focused on building muscle. It kind of sucked that I was overweight all summer, but I'm glad that I did it that way.
Yup. So much easier.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:41 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What supplements do ya'll take?

I pre with NX6 and Buzzerk and post with V-Core.. throughout the day instead of drinking soda/energy drinks I've been on that Amino Energy stuff.

Also, anyone have some great chest/lower ab workouts. I've never really tried to bulk the chest but am jumping into it hardcore. And I also want to lose these handles and waist.

The Chief.
Eric Church - Smoke A Little Smoke
http://youtu.be/XxWjtWONuGc
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 10:46 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lose handels... Diet. And then diet some more. Make sure you have plenty of muscle. Can't spot burn.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:47 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any particular items that are essential in losing it?

The Chief.
Eric Church - Smoke A Little Smoke
http://youtu.be/XxWjtWONuGc
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:28 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
Lose handels... Diet. And then diet some more. Make sure you have plenty of muscle. Can't spot burn.
x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
Any particular items that are essential in losing it?
no...watch your calories intake and continue to lift weights and do cardio.

= losing lovehandles
Old 01-11-2014, 10:04 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My diet is 90% bacon and ice cream.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:08 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Elbow tendonitis yaaaaaaaay.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:41 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can't spot reduce, but there are still benefits to direct core training, and I would suggest a $10 ab wheel after you've mastered planks. This is especially true for people who are afraid to squat or deadlift heavy weights.

You can also make your own ab wheel: http://www.rosstraining.com/articles/wheel.html
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Deadlifted 410lbs recently. Felt like I could have done more, but decided to stop there because I had a separate workout to do afterwards. Few things feel as good as setting a new deadlift pr.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:57 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh, too much risk for me to want to max deadlift.

Old 01-11-2014, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Meh, too much risk for me to want to max deadlift.
Yeah. it's risky, but I try to minimize risk by using the best form possible and not being afraid to drop the weight if something doesn't feel right.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:19 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So yesterday and today are my days back in gym after binge eating since thanksgiving. Really explosive intense workouts is what I've been doing and I'm feeling it tonight, my calves are cramping and it feels like they're going to explode. I have 9 bananas and a gallon of water next to me for the rest of the night.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:26 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

It might help you to stretch, massage and roll your calves.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:28 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
It might help you to stretch, massage and roll your calves.
Yeah I've been stretching for awhile now; I haven't taken that long of a hiatus from the gym ever and it's kicking my ass right now trying to readjust to my routine.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 08:17 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Yeah, I hadn't done deadlifts since high school and recently picked them back up and my back is sore to hell two days later.

Old 01-15-2014, 09:56 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Give be your best chest workout....readyyyyyyy go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:03 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's your goal?

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 01-15-2014, 10:06 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
What's your goal?
Size for the most part the one that I have liked goes:

Incline bench
4 sets of 6-10

Flat dumbbell flyes
4 sets to failure

Decline dumbbell flyes
4 sets to failure

Cable flyes
4 sets to failure

I also mix up going upper, middle, and lower chest from time to time. Was just curious if you guys have something cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:10 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Throw in some supersets. For instance:

Do decline press ups before level bench press

Do wide arm puss ups before incline dumbell bench

Dips are good too

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:23 AM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Size for the most part the one that I have liked goes:

Incline bench
4 sets of 6-10

Flat dumbbell flyes
4 sets to failure

Decline dumbbell flyes
4 sets to failure

Cable flyes
4 sets to failure

I also mix up going upper, middle, and lower chest from time to time. Was just curious if you guys have something cool.
needs more pressing movements

Incline bench
Decline bench
forward leaning dips
hammer press

cable flys
db flys as a superset to one of your pressing movements
pushups might be something you look at for maybe pre-exhaust lifts

If u want size, its all about volume.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:28 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Dumbbell flat bench is my favorite individual chest workout, in terms of programs 5-3-1 Boring but Big worked really ******* well for me. I've always basically done something where I start with some kind of flat bench then do an alternative type in incline and then maybe some decline. Never got into flies. My chest has always been ******* huge though, so I'm not sure the impact of size for 5-3-1, but that **** made me a ton stronger.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 01-15-2014, 10:31 AM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Dumbbell flat bench is my favorite individual chest workout, in terms of programs 5-3-1 Boring but Big worked really ******* well for me. I've always basically done something where I start with some kind of flat bench then do an alternative type in incline and then maybe some decline. Never got into flies. My chest has always been ******* huge though, so I'm not sure the impact of size for 5-3-1, but that **** made me a ton stronger.

5-3-1 isnt going to put mass on you. Yeah, sure a newbie will, but in terms of adding muscle mass a 531 program wont do much. Its going to work as
strength training.

adding strength =/= muscle mass