Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-15-2014, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adding bulk is all about your diet. Need to be eating at surplus.
You can do any type of routine you want but if you're eating at a deficit then you're not going to gain anything.

Low reps = power (<5)
Moderate Reps = strength training (6-12)
High reps = cardio (+15)

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 04:53 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Meh, too much risk for me to want to max deadlift.
Its how I got my herniated disc back in 06. My max (I was 6' 205 lbs) was 575 lbs, and we did bigger faster stronger so my 6 rep was like 465.... I still remember when I went down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Adding bulk is all about your diet. Need to be eating at surplus.
You can do any type of routine you want but if you're eating at a deficit then you're not going to gain anything.

Low reps = power (<5)
Moderate Reps = strength training (6-12)
High reps = cardio (+15)
I am coming back into this, mainly because my class schedule allows me to. I have always done 3 sets of 10, but I think it would be better to go to power. It seems like I have what is called "natural strength", and that using 5 reps per set would allow me to get to what I want faster.

Also, I plan on buying supplements (pre workout and whey protein) next week. Any suggestions that a broke college kid could get?
Old 01-15-2014, 05:15 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
Its how I got my herniated disc back in 06. My max (I was 6' 205 lbs) was 575 lbs, and we did bigger faster stronger so my 6 rep was like 465.... I still remember when I went down.

I am coming back into this, mainly because my class schedule allows me to. I have always done 3 sets of 10, but I think it would be better to go to power. It seems like I have what is called "natural strength", and that using 5 reps per set would allow me to get to what I want faster.

Also, I plan on buying supplements (pre workout and whey protein) next week. Any suggestions that a broke college kid could get?

Honestly a great place to get protein is a place like costco...or even amazon has great prices on supplements. I actually use the advocare pre workout, but typically buy my whey at costco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the best place is BodyBuilding.com
Relatively cheap for good quality proteins
and the shipping is next day regardless of which shipping option you choose.
I'd choose the cheapest since they're all damn fast.

If that's still too much, I'd do like Sick said and check eBay or Amazon.

Old 01-15-2014, 08:44 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I get my stuff at amazon they usually have this deal if you're sure you'll be committed they send you protein every month for subscribing to save a little bit of extra cash.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:00 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Im 61 and about 215 right now. Like I said, I just got back into it and my last set the other day was a set of 6 at 395. I probably wont go much higher than 405. The fitness goal for me is to be functionally strong and look how I want to look, to an extent anyways. Basically being able to eat what I want and not get fat. No reason to risk injury.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:57 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Give be your best chest workout....readyyyyyyy go!
This: http://chadwaterbury.com/build-a-pow...thout-weights/

It's basically plyometric pushups. I'm not exactly Mr. Olympia and I'm sure that there's a point where it stops being effective, but I do it every few months and I always get huge strength gains from it. Just make it progressively harder to account for your strength (legs elevated, weight vest, etc).
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
This: http://chadwaterbury.com/build-a-pow...thout-weights/

It's basically plyometric pushups. I'm not exactly Mr. Olympia and I'm sure that there's a point where it stops being effective, but I do it every few months and I always get huge strength gains from it. Just make it progressively harder to account for your strength (legs elevated, weight vest, etc).
If it has worked for you, great. But focusing on your chest (especially via a modded pushup plan) to build punching power is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:06 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
If it has worked for you, great. But focusing on your chest (especially via a modded pushup plan) to build punching power is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.
Yeah, I thought that part sounded pretty dumb. I'm not a boxer though, so I wasn't sure.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 12:56 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Im 61 and about 215 right now. Like I said, I just got back into it and my last set the other day was a set of 6 at 395. I probably wont go much higher than 405. The fitness goal for me is to be functionally strong and look how I want to look, to an extent anyways. Basically being able to eat what I want and not get fat. No reason to risk injury.
My problem is (some may remember from last time I posted in here) is I am horrible at eating. I only eat the same things everyday, which is normally bad. No vegetables, no fruit (Id eat fruit but my college soaks them in stuff to take away the goodness of em).... But on the other hand I hardly ever drink pop (unless drinking) and I dont eat candy. But when I get into a groove of eating the same thing I think itd be okay. I probably will do ham and cheese with mustard on wheat with another sandwich of pbj on wheat with one glass skim milk and one chocolate. I know its weird, but I could go weeks just eating that. Is that good enough? Also, I have realized I can go a hour at least on a elliptical at a time, which the past two times burned over 600 calories.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:13 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nope, that definitely won't do. What are your goals though?
That doesn't seem like you're taking in as much protein as you need.
There's no such thing as eating the wrong thing (as long as it's not ****)
Eat your sandwiches if that's what you like but the rule of thumb for protein
is about 1 gram per pound of lean body mass that you have.
So if you're 200 lbs and 20% bf, you need to be taking at least 160 g of protein per day.
Eating Chicken breast, Tilapia and Greek yogurts are all great clean sources that contain a lot of protein per serving.
Wheat bread is one way of getting your carbs, others would be brown rice, plain oatmeal and any green vegetables (Brocolli, spinach and asparagus are my go to)
Greens are also good 'cause of all the random vitamins they pack as well.
Make sure you're taking a multi vitamin if you're completely skipping them.
Fruits aren't that big of a deal, I don't eat them very often myself.
I'll sometimes add blueberries to my oatmeal or make a PB and Banana sanchwich (vice jelly) but that's usually about it though.

That's just one man's opinion obviously but there it is.
If you have any specific questions let me know.
I've found that a George Foreman grill is amazing for someone who doesn't like to do a lot of cooking.
Cooks quickly, easy clean and you eat better with it.

Old 01-16-2014, 09:31 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else have trouble getting into cardio? I go to the gym 4-5 times a week and just can't get into cardio. I know I need too, but it's so hard to WANT to. Anyone have any good ideas?

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:37 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Find something you like, there's a **** ton of different activites to do for cardio. I'd recommend rowing, it's a lot more involved than elliptical or some ****, and it's really good for the health of your arms/back.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg

Last edited by draftguru151 : 01-16-2014 at 09:39 AM.
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:37 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
Anyone else have trouble getting into cardio? I go to the gym 4-5 times a week and just can't get into cardio. I know I need too, but it's so hard to WANT to. Anyone have any good ideas?
If I do dedicated cardio work, I always do so while listening to my ipod. I've listened to many episodes of draftcountdown while exercising. I like playing pickup basketball when I can. Sports can be a good cardio workout if you're playing hard.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Take up something new and challenging. Jump rope is a good one. Rowing is too. Complexes are an excellent form of HIIT cardio.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:22 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At our gym we have the row machine, jump ropes, bikes, treadmills and olypticals.. we had the ropes but they moved they let another gym borrow them.. I loved those.

I don't mind the bikes but get so bored. Rowing is a good one, I think it's a matter of just manning up and getting into it. Or like you guys said, get podcasts and listen to those rather than music.

Old 01-16-2014, 12:26 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For me cardio is boring so I play basketball even though I suck. If you play full court you will realize how out of shape you really are.

And diet isn't a big deal if you work out imo unless you are trying to make those final cuts. If you get your gram of protein for pound you weigh per day and you work out, you'll either make muscle gained (if eating calories surplus) or lose fat (if at a deficit). Just get that protein. Like I said, my diet is bacon, protein shakes, cheese, and ice cream and I do fine. I'll have to change it up if I want a six pick but that's really it.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Take up something new and challenging. Jump rope is a good one. Rowing is too. Complexes are an excellent form of HIIT cardio.
I hate cardio as well. Can't stand it... and I mean running when I say cardio.
So now instead I play basketball and intergrate complexes once or twice a week into my routines.
They seriously kick your ass.

l

Old 01-16-2014, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
For me cardio is boring so I play basketball even though I suck. If you play full court you will realize how out of shape you really are.

And diet isn't a big deal if you work out imo unless you are trying to make those final cuts. If you get your gram of protein for pound you weigh per day and you work out, you'll either make muscle gained (if eating calories surplus) or lose fat (if at a deficit). Just get that protein. Like I said, my diet is bacon, protein shakes, cheese, and ice cream and I do fine. I'll have to change it up if I want a six pick but that's really it.
Diet is the most important thing. Now it is very person specific and you seem to be quite lucky in that regard, but the majority of the population, especially people 30 and up, have to monitor what they eat.
Old 01-16-2014, 01:57 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm part of the group that plays basketball, I usually run a few hours of full court before I start my lifts. I'm so used to overworking that I'm starting to think it's doing more harm than good. I'm at the gym from 8-12 and most weeknights, it's how I've always been and people would tell me I'm doing more harm than good. I dunno that's just how I've always trained and worked out going back to high school when I trained in off season football then go to soccer and track after school.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 02:07 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

I try to play Open Gym basketball, but it's every Wednesday and Sunday night.. nights that I typically work.

I just got back from the gym and changed it up a bit. In between workouts I jumped on the bike for 2 miles and just got a quick start in cardio. I felt much better and into it. I'm going to download some podcasts as recommended.

Also, this is the newest stuff I have for pre and during workout. Today I felt AWESOME and currently have my V-Core I'm drinking for post workout. What do you all use?

Also, the girlfriend bought me a pair of new running/workout shoes. LOVE them!

Old 01-16-2014, 02:12 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Nope, that definitely won't do. What are your goals though?
That doesn't seem like you're taking in as much protein as you need.
There's no such thing as eating the wrong thing (as long as it's not ****)
Eat your sandwiches if that's what you like but the rule of thumb for protein
is about 1 gram per pound of lean body mass that you have.
So if you're 200 lbs and 20% bf, you need to be taking at least 160 g of protein per day.
Eating Chicken breast, Tilapia and Greek yogurts are all great clean sources that contain a lot of protein per serving.
Wheat bread is one way of getting your carbs, others would be brown rice, plain oatmeal and any green vegetables (Brocolli, spinach and asparagus are my go to)
Greens are also good 'cause of all the random vitamins they pack as well.
Make sure you're taking a multi vitamin if you're completely skipping them.
Fruits aren't that big of a deal, I don't eat them very often myself.
I'll sometimes add blueberries to my oatmeal or make a PB and Banana sanchwich (vice jelly) but that's usually about it though.

That's just one man's opinion obviously but there it is.
If you have any specific questions let me know.
I've found that a George Foreman grill is amazing for someone who doesn't like to do a lot of cooking.
Cooks quickly, easy clean and you eat better with it.
I have no real goals to be honest. I just remember what I was 7 years ago (206 lbs 375 bench 575 deadlift 6:36 mile 4.7 40) and want to be back to that kinda of fitness. To lose roughly 25 pounds while adding on some more muscle.

Oh, and to have Tom Hardys traps

Abotu the diet and all, its hard being a college student where I am because there really isnt any healthy fruits, hardly ever have real chicken breasts, and most of the food is cooked in deep fryers. And we aren't allowed to have George Foreman grills on campus either. But I do like yogurts, and they are kinda cheap, so maybe thats something I need to consider.

Do pre-workouts mean that much to your exercise as well? I know for sure I need to get the whey protein, because that itself can be a meal for you, and multi-vitamins to get the essential nutrients too.

Quote:
For me, the past few times I have been to the gym I run the elliptical for a hour. How I do it is just listening to music while thinking about your day, what you need to do, and stuff like that. Pick about 18 songs you love, that you cant get tired of, because after those songs you are done. Some people I know make a few playlists so they dont get burnt on the songs.

Quote:

It's really that simple?
Old 01-16-2014, 02:17 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

Quote:
Do pre-workouts mean that much to your exercise as well? I know for sure I need to get the whey protein, because that itself can be a meal for you, and multi-vitamins to get the essential nutrients too.
To me, I rely on Preworkout. Why? It's not just the energy but I feel more motivated and focused. I can DEFINITELY tell when I take Pre-workouts and when I don't before. With a pre, I feel more jacked and can workout for 2 hours easily, but without, I struggle with the intensity and focus, I can't do as my reps and don't feel near as into it.

Quote:
For me, the past few times I have been to the gym I run the elliptical for a hour. How I do it is just listening to music while thinking about your day, what you need to do, and stuff like that. Pick about 18 songs you love, that you cant get tired of, because after those songs you are done. Some people I know make a few playlists so they dont get burnt on the songs.
That's what my girlfriend does.. she's on it for an hour before she gets off of it. I have my iPod filled. When there's a Football or Basketball game on, I can go for quite a while longer, but I can only watch so much of the same stuff on ESPN before I get bored.

Old 01-16-2014, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Adding muscle while cutting fat is damn near impossible to do.
Impossible for someone who has little say over his diet.
Even professionals break it up into a bulk and a cut cycle.
When you bulk, even as clean as possible, you always end of gaining some fat
so then you cut and get rid of all that bf and you'll probably lose a bit a muscle as well.

Pre workouts are really just a luxery. Get you all amped up to worktout but really you don't need them if you can get yourself up and to the gym with some enthusiam. A good post workout whey though definitely is.

I want those traps too, damnit!

As for the protein/cut/bulk... it basically is that simple but ensure your fat intake isn't through the roof and your carbs aren't completely ****** sources (junk food, etc)

With so little options, just be smart about what you're eating. Make the best choices possible until you're able to control your diet fully.

Old 01-16-2014, 06:03 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I try to run 3 times a week - I do a 30 min run on the treadmill and go about 3.5 miles. It's pretty short workout but I feel alot better after doing it. It is nice to just knock it out. It is a mental hurdle - just listen to music and try not to think to much about it.

Have you tried interval training? I hear that is pretty good - you get a good cardio workout in a short period of time.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote