Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-16-2014, 06:37 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh I want to go run again. **** this not being 80 degrees 11 months of the year.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Running in 80 degrees is horrific anyway. Mid to high 40s is perfect.

EDIT: It's ******* 55 degrees in DFW. Get out and run.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:45 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

THE COLD AIR HURTS MY LUNGS DAMMIT.

Seriously anything under 70 and I die.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh. You're so Miami. Except for the ginger thing.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:46 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Awful DG is awful.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Have you tried interval training? I hear that is pretty good - you get a good cardio workout in a short period of time.
Tabata workouts just smokes people.

4 minutes, 8 intervals of 20s w/ 10s break between each. Go all out for each section.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

As most of you know, I am huge proponent of keto.

If anyone is interested, this is the best guide I have found on the subject:

http://josepharcita.blogspot.com/201...-ketosis.html/
Old 01-17-2014, 08:22 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
As most of you know, I am huge proponent of keto.

If anyone is interested, this is the best guide I have found on the subject:

http://josepharcita.blogspot.com/201...-ketosis.html/
Sorry, the page you were looking for in this blog does not exist.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:36 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hated cardio until I lost 40 lbs. and now it's not so bad. Riding a bike or running with friends is kind of fun.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:44 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Sorry, the page you were looking for in this blog does not exist.
First link on google. Not sure why the direct link doesn't work.

https://www.google.com/search?q=jose...ient=firefox-a
Old 01-17-2014, 10:07 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
I try to run 3 times a week - I do a 30 min run on the treadmill and go about 3.5 miles. It's pretty short workout but I feel alot better after doing it. It is nice to just knock it out. It is a mental hurdle - just listen to music and try not to think to much about it.

Have you tried interval training? I hear that is pretty good - you get a good cardio workout in a short period of time.
I haven't tried Interval, but I'm looking into it and I'm really intrigued so far. I found this workout. I might try it out tonight after work.

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:09 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When the weather is fine enough outside to go running, I run three miles a day.

I freaking hate running on a treadmill, though.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:38 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
It's really that simple?
Essentially. Like somebody else said, don't eat a lot of crap. But if you get the protein neccessary and work out, you won't be losing muscle mass. Therefore the surplus/defecit is what will determine if you are building muscle (and gaining some fat) or losing fat and retaining muscle.

Quote:
Diet is the most important thing. Now it is very person specific and you seem to be quite lucky in that regard, but the majority of the population, especially people 30 and up, have to monitor what they eat.
Well, I was doing keto and IF for a couple of months and was a quite lean 200. I then started eating a ton of junk for the holidays and ballooned to 225, although a lot of that was increased muscle mass. I dropped back to 215 almost immediately. I now watch it, but only to an extent. I don't eat bread, candy, or drink soda. I drink almost entirely unsweetened almond milk, coffee, and water. I don't have many bad eating habits.

However, to me, it is better to be a fit 215, eating the things I really love, and being in arms reach of great fitness, in contrast to being 200 and having to keep such a watchful eye over my diet. Because if I wanted to drop back down to 200, I would go back to keto/IF and be there within a month or so. It's just worth it to me to be able to eat what makes me happy (and sometimes miserable).

But yes, it probably helps that I'm 21 and have a lot of muscle mass. I used to be very fat though.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 12:05 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I did more cardio tonight. I did the speed interval on the treadmill for 15 minutes. I jogged at 4.5mph and spring was 7.5mph. Felt good, definitely going to have to keep going to get my cardio up.

Tomorrow, I'm thinking about changing it up and doing some of that, plus getting in on some rowing and biking. Switch every 10 minutes to keep it interesting.

Old 01-18-2014, 08:04 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I jump rope while watching a soccer game during the weekend. It's sweet because I have a built in round timer.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:34 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

I've thought about jump roping but I guess I'm not coordinated enough. Haha. I end up hopping forward every time.

Old 01-18-2014, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
I've thought about jump roping but I guess I'm not coordinated enough. Haha. I end up hopping forward every time.
It takes a while to get good. You just have to stick with it. I've been doing it since I was a kid so I don't personally know how tough it is to learn, but I got several of my friends to pick it up in college and it seemed very doable.

Last edited by Rob S : 01-18-2014 at 10:38 AM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:39 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

Quote:
It takes a while to get good. You just have to stick with it. I've been doing it since I was a kid so I don't personally know how tough it is to learn, but I got several of my friends to pick it up in college and it seemed very doable.
Yeah, it's been awhile. I keep waiting for them to bring back the big ropes. It wasn't necessarily "cardio" but I loved how it burned after I was done.

Old 01-18-2014, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Yeah, it's been awhile. I keep waiting for them to bring back the big ropes. It wasn't necessarily "cardio" but I loved how it burned after I was done.
You mean weighted ropes or, like, double dutch? I'd advise against weighted ropes if that what you are referring to.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've had injuries to my legs and back that have caused me to miss a lot of lower body workouts.
I was getting back into it and was steady squatting over 225 before deployment.
During deployment though, I couldn't squat much, the ship rocked too back and it just wasn't safe.

Finally broke the 200 mark on my squat yesterday again. Felt good.
It was more getting used to that much weight again on my shoulders than on my legs.
I'm going to try and hit 225 next leg day... see how that goes.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 01:12 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

Quote:
You mean weighted ropes or, like, double dutch? I'd advise against weighted ropes if that what you are referring to.
Weighted Ropes is what I was referring too. I just feel like it gave me a whole body workout and some cardio. But I could be completely wrong.

Old 01-18-2014, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Weighted Ropes is what I was referring too. I just feel like it gave me a whole body workout and some cardio. But I could be completely wrong.
They actually cause a lot of injuries and will mess up your turns. I'd just stick to a freestyle rope and do some quick lifting afterwards if you're not on an actual weights program.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:33 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

Quote:
They actually cause a lot of injuries and will mess up your turns. I'd just stick to a freestyle rope and do some quick lifting afterwards if you're not on an actual weights program.
Thanks for the advice!

I'm actually on this weight program. My buddy Adam owns a Complete Nutrition in St. George, UT and he's a body builder, he's been doing this. I love it so far!

Old 01-18-2014, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Thanks for the advice!

I'm actually on this weight program. My buddy Adam owns a Complete Nutrition in St. George, UT and he's a body builder, he's been doing this. I love it so far!
Wow. Thats an absurd amount of volume, but if you can keep with it, go for it. No way I could handle that.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone have experience running 531 for 2 days a week?

I went from doing west side barbell to just going to the gym when I can because of school and w/ school starting up next week I wanna get something organized going.