Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-18-2014, 02:54 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Wow. Thats an absurd amount of volume, but if you can keep with it, go for it. No way I could handle that.
This is my first week, I've been doing lower weights to get my reps in and test my limit. It's been good so far, I just hate doing dips.. they hurt my shoulders, but I man through it.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:20 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since dieting basically part of a workout I'd figured I'd post this here. I consider myself a b class chef and I have a **** ton of chicken recipe, love chicken never get tired of eating it. But I need some new recipes, lately I've been using chipotle as an extra marinade. It's really good even with the extra adobe sauce that comes in teh can you throw that in there with some cumin and garlic powder, taste amazing.

Also I ******* hate vegetables I can only eat broccoli, spinach, and asparagus is probably my favorite vegetable if i had to choose.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Since dieting basically part of a workout I'd figured I'd post this here. I consider myself a b class chef and I have a **** ton of chicken recipe, love chicken never get tired of eating it. But I need some new recipes, lately I've been using chipotle as an extra marinade. It's really good even with the extra adobe sauce that comes in teh can you throw that in there with some cumin and garlic powder, taste amazing.

Also I ******* hate vegetables I can only eat broccoli, spinach, and asparagus is probably my favorite vegetable if i had to choose.
Can't stand cumin but the rest of that sounds great.
As for veggies, those are the only ones I eat as well.
I ******* love asparugus. Especially if you cook them perfectly so they crunch when you bite down on them.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just did a Spartan Super today. My body aches everywhere but I Love it. I've never ran up such deep inclines in my life!

Old 01-27-2014, 02:26 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tried assault for the first time today.... It worked.
Old 01-27-2014, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Haha, nice. Never tried it but I stay on a rotation of preworkouts. I'll add that one to the list.

Old 01-27-2014, 09:56 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Haha, nice. Never tried it but I stay on a rotation of preworkouts. I'll add that one to the list.
I got it for GNC price because a friend has one, and he was talking to me about amino acids. Recommend? I almost got whey protein, but he said its only as good each shake as eating a extra piece of chicken.

On another note, solid lift and for lunch I had peanut butter sandwiches on wheat with basil wrap of ham, cheese, and honey mustard. With skim milk. I feel like I can do this.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't do this thread anymore. We answer the same questions over and over. Many times for the same people. I need to just write a FAQ and get it pinned.

No, a protein shake is not the same as a piece of chicken. When you work out, you are basically creating small tears in your muscles. When your muscles heal themselves, they grow. In order to aid the healing process, protein is needed. Different proteins absorb quicker than others and thus start the healing process quicker. Meats take a while. Regular whey protein is significantly faster. Whey protein isolate absorbs faster than that. Whey protein hydrolysates absorb faster than that, but taste like complete ass. As you might guess, as you proceed through the above list, the cost rises.

BCAAs absorb faster than anything, but should be combined with protein. They are also really bitter. I took BCAAs for a while and didn't notice much of a difference, but there is a lot of research supporting their usage.
Old 01-28-2014, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Quote:

BCAAs absorb faster than anything, but should be combined with protein. They are also really bitter. I took BCAAs for a while and didn't notice much of a difference, but there is a lot of research supporting their usage.
This. I used to take a separate supplement for this but didn't really see much of a difference. I now just take a post-whey isolate that has creatine and bcaa's added into already as a complete post workout shake.

Old 01-28-2014, 03:40 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I also highly recommend to anyone starting weight-lifting for the first time (and no, it doesn't count if you've occasionally gone to the gym before) to follow a few, simple guidelines.

1) Eat all the healthy, high protein, complex carb. food you can, as often as you can. I wouldn't really worry about calculating a precise diet until you've created a canvas on which to paint. The keys to above statement are; A) healhy and B) complex carbs. Don't eat pasta. Don't eat white rice. **** is useless to you. Brown rice. Grains. Oats (make sure you are probably soaking grains and oats as needed.) Skinless chicken breast, whitefish if you can afford it, eggs (in somewhat moderation,) ground turkey. Yum.

You really can't eat too many healthy calories when you're first starting. Make sure you're eating at least 1.5 times your body weight in grams of protein. Don't rely on more than one serving of protein/mass shake a day. KEEP EATING. Vegetables, grains, nuts, healthy dairy (ie.. yogurt) lean meats. Nom nom nom. Been two hours since you last ate? EAT AGAIN.

2. Lift with PERFECT form. That means only use weight you can lift with PERFECT form every rep. You know you're done with a set when you have to cheat. Cheat reps don't count. They don't half count. They are useless and only there to injure you. I see people lifting with improper form every day at the gym. ASK AN EMPLOYEE. They won't charge you to show you one exercises form.

3. Do. Not. Overdo. It. If you're going to the gym for weights more than four times a week, you're wrong. If you're working out any muscle group aside from ABs with anything less than 6 days rest, you're wrong. Period. Unless you use steroids, this will always be true no matter how ripped you get.

4. Settle down with the drinking and get some damn sleep. Every alcoholic drink you have slows your muscle growth. Muscles only grow when you sleep.

5. Find a plan that works for you. Don't try to mold yourself around a schedule/diet/exercise plan, find one that works well with what you have going on. The easier you make it fit into your life, the more likely you'll stick to it.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 10:02 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
I also highly recommend to anyone starting weight-lifting for the first time (and no, it doesn't count if you've occasionally gone to the gym before) to follow a few, simple guidelines.

1) Eat all the healthy, high protein, complex carb. food you can, as often as you can. I wouldn't really worry about calculating a precise diet until you've created a canvas on which to paint. The keys to above statement are; A) healhy and B) complex carbs. Don't eat pasta. Don't eat white rice. **** is useless to you. Brown rice. Grains. Oats (make sure you are probably soaking grains and oats as needed.) Skinless chicken breast, whitefish if you can afford it, eggs (in somewhat moderation,) ground turkey. Yum.

You really can't eat too many healthy calories when you're first starting. Make sure you're eating at least 1.5 times your body weight in grams of protein. Don't rely on more than one serving of protein/mass shake a day. KEEP EATING. Vegetables, grains, nuts, healthy dairy (ie.. yogurt) lean meats. Nom nom nom. Been two hours since you last ate? EAT AGAIN.

2. Lift with PERFECT form. That means only use weight you can lift with PERFECT form every rep. You know you're done with a set when you have to cheat. Cheat reps don't count. They don't half count. They are useless and only there to injure you. I see people lifting with improper form every day at the gym. ASK AN EMPLOYEE. They won't charge you to show you one exercises form.

3. Do. Not. Overdo. It. If you're going to the gym for weights more than four times a week, you're wrong. If you're working out any muscle group aside from ABs with anything less than 6 days rest, you're wrong. Period. Unless you use steroids, this will always be true no matter how ripped you get.

4. Settle down with the drinking and get some damn sleep. Every alcoholic drink you have slows your muscle growth. Muscles only grow when you sleep.

5. Find a plan that works for you. Don't try to mold yourself around a schedule/diet/exercise plan, find one that works well with what you have going on. The easier you make it fit into your life, the more likely you'll stick to it.
So if you do weights 4 days a week, during the other 3 days do you do full rest? Or can you do cardio/body weight exercises?
Old 01-28-2014, 10:04 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I've been half ass with my 5X5 routine for the past month and a half, and I was concerned I lost all of my gains. I went back to the gym consistently last week, and I noticed I kind of am right where I left off, which I find odd.

My stamina decreased and I have to build that back up, but in terms of weight, I only lost 5 lbs off my last set regarding the total weight I can lift.

I figured taking a month and a half off would have hurt me more than that. I have gotten fatter though, bc I ate poorly and my belly got bigger, and I gained 5 lbs of what is most likely all fat, so I'll have to work to turn that into muscle, but I expected to lose more strength than that.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:39 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post

Don't really agree with these exactly. Perfect form, generally good. Obviously do not cheat squats, deadlifts, etc. But on certain exercises they can be beneficial. Can help get past sticking points and improve overall strength. Do not do them often but they have an application.

I was on a 5 day cycle and taking no days off for a couple of months. I don't need to get any bigger so I stopped. But I put on serious mass without supplements other than whey. If you get proper nutrition/rest you can do a lot of things.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Don't really agree with these exactly. Perfect form, generally good. Obviously do not cheat squats, deadlifts, etc. But on certain exercises they can be beneficial. Can help get past sticking points and improve overall strength. Do not do them often but they have an application.

I was on a 5 day cycle and taking no days off for a couple of months. I don't need to get any bigger so I stopped. But I put on serious mass without supplements other than whey. If you get proper nutrition/rest you can do a lot of things.
Those tips are for beginners. Beginners should NEVER cheat a rep. Once you get the techniques down and are more intermediate, you generally start doing one or two semi-cheat reps to push new gains. I suggest only using a weight where you can perform the specified reps with perfect form; then adding on more reps at the end, even a slight cheat or two, until you can move on to a higher weight. But really, nailing down technique and muscle sense is the goal for beginners.

The body cannot naturally fully repair and re-energize muscle fibers without 5-6 days rest. Yes, you can do it and still make gains; but you would have made better gains following proper rest periods. Many, many great objective studies on the subject out there. Also lots of bad "studies" funded by various supplement companies and gym chains out there that suggest the opposite and a majority of serious trainers use steroids and HGH and that changes the game.

If you're looking for beginner gains, you shouldn't be doing cardio (this is assuming you're looking to build muscle mass; if you're trying to lose weight, you want to disregard a lot of what I said and do a cut workout before doing a bulk.)

Generally, you should be minimizing anything physically demanding on your rest days. Typically workouts are something like; Chest/Biceps/Abs, Back, Quads/Calves, Shoulder/Tri/Ab. Full rest the other 3 days.

And if you're looking to add muscle mass quickly, cardio beyond warmup is a poor idea. You want to add muscle mass and then you can do a cut (specific diet, cardio + weights.)

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Last edited by Sportsfan486 : 01-28-2014 at 11:27 PM.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:09 AM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not saying a person should run for 2 hours every day if they're trying to gain muscle, but I think people get a little carried away when they try to avoid all cardio heavy activity. It's helpful in life when you can do strenuous activities without getting tired fast. And doing cardio doesn't mean you can't get strong. There are lots of people in the world that have cardio heavy jobs or hobbies or whatever and are still able to get strong, even without the use of PEDs.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

It's long distance running that really slows you down.
Doing HIIT, sprints, intervals, basketball, incline speed walking are all great cardios when trying to pack on muscle.

Old 01-29-2014, 11:17 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I do 5 minutes of warm up on the treadmill. That's not counter productive right?

Then I do 5 X 5. I feel like I'm not stressing my muscles enough. Maybe I'm not doing enough exercises per muscle group?

For example, when I work my back, I do 5 X 5 of dumbbell row, lat pull down, and seated cable rows. Is that enough?
Old 01-29-2014, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wait. What 5x5 are you doing? The Bill Staar one maps out the assistance for you and is more than enough. And, no, a 5 minute warmup won't have any negative effects.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:33 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I do 5 sets of 5, increase weight by 5 lbs with each set. So say I start out with 25 lbs on the first set, next set is 30 lb weights, next is 35 etc. And I look to increase that number by 5 lbs each week.

So if my last set was 50 lbs this week, I'll shoot for 55 lbs next week.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:41 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I do 5 sets of 5, increase weight by 5 lbs with each set. So say I start out with 25 lbs on the first set, next set is 30 lb weights, next is 35 etc. And I look to increase that number by 5 lbs each week.

So if my last set was 50 lbs this week, I'll shoot for 55 lbs next week.
http://oldschooltrainer.com/bill-starrs-5-x-5-training/

I don't think you're doing the real 5x5 program. You're just doing 5 sets of 5 reps and picking your own exercises.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:47 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

I personally do the elipitcal for on average 30-45 minutes before I start, then do whatever exercises I know. I have done it three times in the past two days (got a light lift this morning), but I plan on doing some new stuff tonight.

And still trying to eat as healthy as I can. Been drinking a lot of water as well.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:50 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
http://oldschooltrainer.com/bill-starrs-5-x-5-training/

I don't think you're doing the real 5x5 program. You're just doing 5 sets of 5 reps and picking your own exercises.
I'm limited by the equipment at my gym. That's the problem. I can't do power cleans, or squats if it's not smith machine, even their bench is smith machine.

So I do squats, calve raises, and lunges on leg day with planks. Chest/back day I do dumbbell row, lat pull down, seated row, bench press, dumbbell bench press and planks. Then my 3rd day is biceps, triceps, forearms, weighted abs, and pull ups.

That won't work? I was seeing decent results when I was doing it, but probably not as great as what you linked. But I'm so limited by my gym.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:21 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm limited by the equipment at my gym. That's the problem. I can't do power cleans, or squats if it's not smith machine, even their bench is smith machine.

So I do squats, calve raises, and lunges on leg day with planks. Chest/back day I do dumbbell row, lat pull down, seated row, bench press, dumbbell bench press and planks. Then my 3rd day is biceps, triceps, forearms, weighted abs, and pull ups.

That won't work? I was seeing decent results when I was doing it, but probably not as great as what you linked. But I'm so limited by my gym.
Unless you are already in great shape and trying to make more progress, the simple recipe is hard work + rest + nutrition. If you are límite by equipment, I wouldn't worry.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:24 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

stop going to planet fitness, or workout world, or retro fitness. Any of those cheap ass gyms. For that matter, LA, Bally's. God I hate LA. I wish I could find a decent gym near me, that have rubber plates, not the 8 sided ones. Have a do it all squat rack, actually other bars and boxes and ****.

I miss my university gym.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:31 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
stop going to planet fitness, or workout world, or retro fitness. Any of those cheap ass gyms. For that matter, LA, Bally's. God I hate LA. I wish I could find a decent gym near me, that have rubber plates, not the 8 sided ones. Have a do it all squat rack, actually other bars and boxes and ****.

I miss my university gym.
The main problem is, the closest gym outside of this one is like 20 minutes away, and this gym is literally 2 blocks from my house. So the convenience forces me to work out, and I think that's a big reason why I work out as much as I am currently, so it's kind of a necessary evil in a way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Unless you are already in great shape and trying to make more progress, the simple recipe is hard work + rest + nutrition. If you are límite by equipment, I wouldn't worry.
I'm not in terrible shape. I'm on the skinny side, have a little bit of stomach fat. I'll try to use that routine he linked as much as I can, and improvise.