Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-31-2014, 12:57 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My diet would be great if I wasn't such an ice cream fiend.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 03:27 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I felt guilty for getting a cheesestick at lunch today. Is this how people do it, by guilting themselves for getting those type of things?
Old 01-31-2014, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's all habit. 90% is the magic threshold. If you can eat well ~90% of the time, you will succeed.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:46 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I have an easy one.

You will need:
chicken breasts
pesto
olive oil
toothpicks
casserole dish
knife

1. Take the chicken breasts and cut them in half, long ways, so they are thinner.
2. Put the pesto on the top of the chicken and then fold it over. Use a toothpick to hold it closed. Don't put too much pesto in, just do it to your preferred level of pesto.
3. Pour some olive oil into the casserole dish (just enough so that the chicken won't stick when it cooks).
4. Place the folded, toothpicked chicken in the casserole, then spoon some pesto on top of the chicken. (you can cook a lot of chicken at once.
5. Bake the chicken in the over at 350 for about 25 minutes (just check to see when it's cooked).
6. Take it out when the chicken is cooked and then remove the chicken from the dish.
7. Eat your pesto chicken.

I like to pair it with steamed green beans.
I will have to try this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
1. Buy a slow cooker
2. Buy massive hunks of cheap meat
3. Throw some onions and other veg in
4. Throw some stock in
5. Cook together for many hours
6. Enjoy
I had a slow cooker but I lost it when I moved, have a lot of really good, but bad for you recipes if yall would like to try. One of my favorites is the slow cooked pizza, get a already made crust or make your own dough add all the same ingredients. Slow cooked so the crust is soaking in the tomato sauce and it's so crispy and good.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
I felt guilty for getting a cheesestick at lunch today. Is this how people do it, by guilting themselves for getting those type of things?
You should feel guilty if you put junk in your body on a regular basis. The way to do it is to learn to want to eat food that offers benefits beyond a few minutes of gratification.
Old 01-31-2014, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you have semi low carb recipes, I'd like to see them. I am not shy about eating a lot of food most people consider bad for them.
Old 01-31-2014, 04:44 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am currently eating peanut butter for my lunch.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:21 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
My diet would be great if I wasn't such an ice cream fiend.
Frozen Greek Yogurt.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 03:20 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
I know how you feel, I had a bout 1/2 a bottle of Pepsi the other day, and 1/2 a can of Grape soda and I feel extremely guilty. Like I did something extremely wrong.

It'd be a lot better if healthy food wasn't so darn expensive.

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

What healthy food is expensive? You can eat healthy for incredibly cheap if you're not lazy, especially if you're eating grains.
Old 02-01-2014, 03:35 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What healthy food is expensive? You can eat healthy for incredibly cheap if you're not lazy, especially if you're eating grains.
I guess for me it's just when I'm on the run and stop in somewhere to grab a quick bite to eat, seems more expensive than the unhealthy stuff.

I really, really (well me and the girlfriend) need to get in the habit of making food for lunch throughout the week at work. We both work at the same place, so it'd be easy.

Old 02-01-2014, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
I guess for me it's just when I'm on the run and stop in somewhere to grab a quick bite to eat, seems more expensive than the unhealthy stuff.

I really, really (well me and the girlfriend) need to get in the habit of making food for lunch throughout the week at work. We both work at the same place, so it'd be easy.
Yeah, that's the problem. You have to actually cook and commit to it. It's just like going to the gym, honestly. You can make excuses (it's too expensive, I don't have the time, etc), but if you really want to do it, you absolutely can.

Hell, you'll save money if you start cooking healthy as opposed to eating out un-healthily.
Old 02-01-2014, 03:43 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

Yeah, I noticed I save a NICE amount of money if I bring food from home, over a two week span probably around $75-$100 if not more.

I already cut most pop out, at the gym I go, once every two weeks I buy a tub of AMINO Energy for a soda filler and natural energy.

Old 02-01-2014, 11:44 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Frozen Greek Yogurt.
Tried the Yoplait whipped orange cream yogurt... Not impressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
I know how you feel, I had a bout 1/2 a bottle of Pepsi the other day, and 1/2 a can of Grape soda and I feel extremely guilty. Like I did something extremely wrong.

It'd be a lot better if healthy food wasn't so darn expensive.
Yeah, luckily I dont have "cravings" for pop, so I have been on milk, water, and powerade.

Quote:
At my school a pop is $1.00 and water is $1.50, most people dont have change and they see the prices...

Last week I bought a brita water bottle so I think I will be okay.
Old 02-02-2014, 12:03 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

It is the Super Bowl, and my frat is making 15 lbs of chicken (grilled, not deep fried) with yum yum sauce, buffalo sauce, and smoky bbq sauce. And taco in a bag. I think this will be a test on how much I eat.

Also, I know its only been a week, but already noticing difference in my body, especially the shoulder/traps area. #TomHardyTraps
Old 02-02-2014, 12:10 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did shrugs yesterday for the first time in a while. Did the same weight as before but Im definitely sore.

Old 02-02-2014, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Dude. Just don't buy beverages. Drink water and do so for free. Seriously, that's the best example of why eating healthy is expensive?
Old 02-02-2014, 01:08 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dude. Just don't buy beverages. Drink water and do so for free. Seriously, that's the best example of why eating healthy is expensive?
The city water in my area is terrible, so we got a used culligan machine from a friend, and we pay about 15 cents a gallon for delicious, cold water.

Bottled water is a racket.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 02:35 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Quote:
At my college, the only fruit they have is soaked in juices to preserve them, the only actual fruit as a whole is in the mornings and is gone by 9 am, the milk machines run out for hours at a time, the vegetables have loads of butter in them, and everything is deep fried except the sandwich line.
Old 02-02-2014, 02:45 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

murrrica, deep fried everything.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 03:49 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully no one bothered going to the gym today. I drove by mine and you couldn't even find a parking spot. Everyone trying to get in their workout before the game starts and they know they will be too hungover to go tomorrow.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:48 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

I ate too much (by normal standards I didnt, but I guess after a week of low eating my stomach hurt), and was going to go to the gym but my pre workout made me feel queezy. Going in 8 hours anyways, only chance for a lift tomorrow.
Old 02-03-2014, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I ate what must've been 3 lbs. of chicken wings along with a ton of spinach artichoke dip. Didn't cheat. Keto ftw.
Old 02-03-2014, 03:06 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So after a month at the gym and trying to change my diet, I've lost 10 pounds and have been noticing changes in my gut, chest and bis.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:57 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Good for you. Feels great to see results.