Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-03-2014, 09:37 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys got any tips for lower back exercises and maybe something for my forearms? I've had back problems for a long time and have yet to find anything that really strengthens the muscles around where all my problems emanate from. Also plan to do a lot more climbing this year and wanna work on my grip strength.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf (Rosebud) View Post
You guys got any tips for lower back exercises and maybe something for my forearms? I've had back problems for a long time and have yet to find anything that really strengthens the muscles around where all my problems emanate from. Also plan to do a lot more climbing this year and wanna work on my grip strength.
Deadlifts, squats, good mornings, Captains of Crush grippers, pate pinches.....and more deadlifts.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:06 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Deadlifts, and more deadlifts, like Rob said, but also buy a $10 ab wheel.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:29 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do some yoga twice a week or more, flexibility will help; also doing it at a gym with all the other chicks is always a plus.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:26 AM    (permalink
NotMyJob
Rookie

NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf (Rosebud) View Post
i've forgotten how to embed youtube videos, but:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0poabzh5zVs

if you've got a 5-20lb plate laying around, for less than $5 you can make yourself one of those. they're probably the best forearm workout i've come across. the one i had doesn't have fancy little hand cushions, though.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:50 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There you go.

That thing is so over-engineered. I made one in HS using a dowel rod, some tie-down twine, and a dumbell. Cost: free. But man was it boring to use. I guess doing it while you watch TV or something might be worthwhile, but you could also just use grip trainers. Or do deadlifts, pull-ups, farmers carries, etc and have forearm development be a byproduct of an actual beneficial movement.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:10 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You just need dumbbells and a bench. There are dumbbell exercises for your forearms that work really well. Just lay your wrist over the bench, lay your forearm flat against the bench, and curl your wrist up as 1 repetition. Use your other hand to press against your forearm while you do your rep to make sure you don't lift your forearm up. Rest the opposite side of your forearm against the bench to work on the other side of your forearm.
Old 02-04-2014, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
You just need dumbbells and a bench. There are dumbbell exercises for your forearms that work really well. Just lay your wrist over the bench, lay your forearm flat against the bench, and curl your wrist up as 1 repetition. Use your other hand to press against your forearm while you do your rep to make sure you don't lift your forearm up. Rest the opposite side of your forearm against the bench to work on the other side of your forearm.
I would want to destroy the guy sucking up a perfectly good bench to do forearm curls.
Old 02-04-2014, 12:16 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I would want to destroy the guy sucking up a perfectly good bench to do forearm curls.
Don't be a gym snob. No one likes a gym snob.
Old 02-04-2014, 12:33 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gym snobs are the worst. Especially ones who are weak. There is a smallish guy at my campus gym who is a snob and makes extremely loud grunts. It made me laugh at first but it got annoying. Couldn't bench 275 one day and he three off his weight belt and yelled and stomped around for 5 minutes afterwords. /rant

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:36 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I hate the chicks that go to the gym, take pictures of themselves in half naked "gym" gear, do like 2 situps and leave.

Or just chat and socialize instead of actually working out and they use a bench you want but they're stuck on it forever doing like 5 reps in 20 minutes.
Old 02-04-2014, 12:47 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sometimes a group of girls will hog the leg press for an hour while they chat and do two sets each.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:23 PM    (permalink
cgf (Rosebud)
Veteran

cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cgf (Rosebud) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well for the next two weeks I'm house sitting for my folks and they have a pretty sweet gym room where I don't have to deal with any of that gym ****, plus my apartment is right next to the gym in our building so I have no problems using up a whole bench to do my ****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
We've already seen that your love is only capable of destroying.
cgf (Rosebud) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:42 PM    (permalink
NotMyJob
Rookie

NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, to be honest that forearm roller looks super fancy compared to the one that i made. didn't even watch the video, but it just shows you what you'll be making if you go that route.

i, for one, love the gym grunters and snobs. they're good for comedic relief in an otherwise boring environment.

people that hog equipment are the scum of the earth, though.
Old 02-04-2014, 01:46 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

The personal trainer at my gym is the worst. She hogs this one section of the gym the entire time she's with her client, she hogs the equipment, doesn't move at all, and gives you looks if you enter her space.

The worst part is she won't even use the equipment in the area, she just uses the space. Like you can't do that **** in the other corner of the gym? Other people need to use this area too.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:08 PM    (permalink
NotMyJob
Rookie

i've worked out at cheap gyms (Fitness19, $4/month), expensive gyms (ClubSport $100/mo), and the middle-of-the-road gyms (24Hr SuperSport, $50/mo), and there always seems to be one constant thing that links them all.

no matter how much you pay for a gym, there's only ever one of those damn pec fly/delt machine things. and there's always some douchebag sitting on it for 30 minutes at a time on his/her cellphone.

Old 02-04-2014, 03:34 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Yeah, that would annoy me because you don't even need a bench to do forearm curls. I used to do them for golf, and I'd do them in a chair, like this:

Last edited by WCH : 02-04-2014 at 03:39 PM.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Forget the forearm exercises. Lift heavy stuff. That'll make your forearms strong.
Old 02-04-2014, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Don't be a gym snob. No one likes a gym snob.
This is not being a gym snob. This is that guy being an ass. Just like a guy doing barbell curls in the squat rack.
Old 02-04-2014, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Forget the forearm exercises. Lift heavy stuff. That'll make your forearms strong.
This is always the correct answer, but people love isolation exercises.
Old 02-04-2014, 04:15 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanted to cry the first time I did a complex because my forearms hurt so bad.

I do some isolation stuff on forearms now for endurance for climbing, but it's unnecessary for the most part.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 04:19 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never have that problem at night i usually just play basketball when it's packed and try to go early to get a lift in or do it after I play basketball at around 10-11 is when it clears up. I've been including a lot of rope exercises in my workouts usually in between lifting sets, shoulders/arms/forearms burns like hell if you're going hard at it consistently. If you go to a 24hr fitness if they don't have it out they should always have some rope somewhere just ask them.

Old 02-04-2014, 04:21 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Here's a video of what I was talking about, stack usually has a lot of explosive workouts

Old 02-04-2014, 04:48 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys i need help. I know absolutely nothing about pre workouts and proteins and muscle milk and power bars and hgh, but i need something that'll help be energized for a workout and help with muscle recuperation after. I know my way around the gym but i'm a complete n00b with supplements. I need help, mostly trying to shed fat.
Old 02-04-2014, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Guys i need help. I know absolutely nothing about pre workouts and proteins and muscle milk and power bars and hgh, but i need something that'll help be energized for a workout and help with muscle recuperation after. I know my way around the gym but i'm a complete n00b with supplements. I need help, mostly trying to shed fat.
Protein and a multivitamin is all you need, really. Save yourself the money. Drink a cup of coffee if you need a pre workout boost.