Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-21-2014, 12:14 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My workouts lately have been extremely long AND difficult but I have been taking 2 off days a week, whereas in the past I took no off days. I'm only hitting each group once per week as well. So I feel like I am getting appropriate rest. I actually had to cut my workout short yesterday lol but I got the majority of it in.

However, in March I am going to move towards a circuit based routines in order to shred off the fat and take advantage of the keto. I think the keto may be a reason I'm so sore.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 02:45 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
BCAA?

can't go wrong with amino acids.
Would BCAA's benefit me, a regular non weight lifty fella?
Old 02-21-2014, 03:55 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
ABSOLUTELY! I use AMINO Energy every day instead of soda or energy drinks. You can mix anywhere from 2-6 scoops. 6 is for Preworking out.

I usually mix 4 scoops myself for a pick-me-up but I'm used to it.

I use BCAA's during my workout too.

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 05:56 PM    (permalink
NotMyJob
Rookie

NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What sort of benefits are you looking to reap from them? If you do other forms of exercise, but don't lift weights, then they could be beneficial. But if you're just chillin' at your desk needing an energy boost, I'd go a different route.

BCAA's are most commonly used because they help repair the muscles that you've shredded in the gym after weight training. They've been shown to reduce the amount of breakdown your muscles sustain in the gym. They can improve your general performance in the gym.

I've only ever used BCAA's as a post-workout to help with recovery, the rest I'd get through my diet (anywhere you get protein, you'll find BCAA's). If you don't weight train, I wouldn't take them. So yeah, what kind of benefits are ya looking for?

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/bcaa.html If you do end up grabbing some, check out the selection. I'd recommend going with a powder-based, as the pills tend to be ******* gigantic. Like try to choke you to death big.
Old 02-21-2014, 07:59 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just trying to burn fat, and just have overall good health.. I'm on my feet moving around all day at work, but that's pretty much all the exercise I get. I should've looked into it more before I started losing weight, but whatever.

I ended up buying the Cellucor Alpha Amino powder at GNC today, the guy there seemed to like the numbers it had and I can always return it if I don't like it.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:08 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm just trying to burn fat, and just have overall good health.. I'm on my feet moving around all day at work, but that's pretty much all the exercise I get. I should've looked into it more before I started losing weight, but whatever.

I ended up buying the Cellucor Alpha Amino powder at GNC today, the guy there seemed to like the numbers it had and I can always return it if I don't like it.
This is what I have.

http://www.optimumnutrition.com/prod...rgy-p-275.html

Old 02-21-2014, 09:34 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
why not just take shots of espresso before your workout or caffeine pills?
Old 02-21-2014, 11:54 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guy next to me at the gym repping 545 on deadlift. Felt a bit like a punk.

Old 02-22-2014, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

'Normal' people only need, like, fish oil and a multi. That is pretty much fact. If you aren't even working out, don't waste your time and money on supplements. Just my opinion - and science's, but something I feel strongly about.

Last edited by Rob S : 02-22-2014 at 12:30 AM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 12:29 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I only take my multi-vitamins and fish oil, recently I've added Garcinia Cambogia to my daily pill intake. Did a lot of research on it and it's been really beneficial for me. If yall are interested look it up do your research because it's a great product. And make sure you get the right bottle because some companies have **** products that won't do anything for you so definitely do your research or I can link you the one I bought.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just use the supplement flowchart posted before asking any questions. that's a goof rule of thumb.
Old 02-22-2014, 10:58 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Guy next to me at the gym repping 545 on deadlift. Felt a bit like a punk.
Yup. I saw a guy putting up 495 last week... I minded my own business lol

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 12:36 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Yup. I saw a guy putting up 495 last week... I minded my own business lol
The guy I saw I have seem at the gym a lot. Massive guy but doesn't look like a muscle head. After i saw him doing deadlifts i started doing them. I got 415x6 yesterday but we'll see when i plateau.

Old 02-22-2014, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy crap. Nice job. I max'd out at 390 the other day. Only 4 reps though.

Old 02-22-2014, 01:00 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Yeah my lower back is done lol. Definitely glad I added them to my workouts though.

Old 02-22-2014, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Yup, that 4th rep, I got shaky and felt that strain hard on my back... wasn't going to push it anymore after I finished that rep.

Chest and Tri's today! Going heavy with a 4x5 rotation ... can't wait.

Old 02-23-2014, 06:53 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

Yeah, my lower back gets sore doing certain workouts and usually runs into my sciatic nerve. Of course, it doesn't help that I'm walking on cement/tile for 9 hours a day either.

When I do triceps and hold the barbell behind my head and rise it up, sometimes I feel a pinch in my back. Doesn't feel great but I fight through it.

Old 02-23-2014, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't wait to get back to the gym tomorrow morning!

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Put up the 105 lbs DBs yesterday. Felt great.
Was a surprise since I struggled with 95's on my last heavy chest day.
It's coming back quicker than I thought.

Old 02-24-2014, 10:33 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

My strength was sapped yesterday on chest/tri. Blamed the keto, ate 8 quarts of ice cream.

Old 02-24-2014, 10:42 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
My strength was sapped yesterday on chest/tri. Blamed the keto, ate 8 quarts of ice cream.
Damn that is a cheat day.

Another complex this morning. Full workout was 750m row, 8 minute tabata of box jumps and toes-to-bar, and then a complex:

1 power clean
2 front squats
1 push jerk

15 sets, one per minute. Started with 125, upped to 145, then 165 for the last 4 sets. Should've started with 135 but it was still a solid complex.

Bench press and accessory stuff and then ab roller tonight.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 11:13 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

I don't know about you guys, but I hate when I fall to temptation to something I really shouldn't eat (donut, fast food, or something similar) and then I feel as guilty as if I had just murdered someone or cheated on my girlfriend.

And then, when you get to the gym, you feel groggy and can't put up as much or go as far as normal. I've really been working on self strength.

Old 02-24-2014, 11:47 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

I don't feel terrible. I feel a little bad about it if i go too many days straight. Good food is something i enjoy.

Old 02-24-2014, 10:01 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

I feel pretty cool right now. An old coworker worked with Dimitar Savatinov and his wife at some point and still is friends with them. Now, if you don't know Dimitar Savatinov.. he's one of the worlds strongest men and is working to become the worlds strongest man. Just Google him.

I've been talking to him now through my friend and Dimitar wife and he's going to get a Weight Program going for me. Gave him my goals and current diet and he's going to set something up for me.

Last edited by HawkeyeFan : 02-24-2014 at 10:09 PM.
Old 02-24-2014, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I feel like a jerk when I eat something bad for me because it is just never worth it in retrospect. For me at least. Drinking is a whole different story.