Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-14-2014, 10:00 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't get sugar cravings, at all. Sometimes I'll eat fruit just because I know that I should, but I could easily go the rest of my life without cookies, ice cream, soda, candy, etc.

Now potato chips are a different story. Give me a bag of kettle cooked potato chips with some crab dip and I'll eat all of it.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:04 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
I'm getting an invite to the national development team in bobsleigh.

I'm so pumped.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:04 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Nice. You're going to have to just about double that squat though!
Indeed. I need to front squats 400 and power clean about 330. They are gonna get me there.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:05 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The hard part about eating clean is being surrounded by ppl who don't, and eating with them often. Sometimes you just give in to the temptation. I'm far from perfect with my diet right now, so I'm just trying to cut back on sugars and carbs and hopefully that along with exercise is enough.

Giving up carbs (for the most part) is actually a lot easier than it sounds. Unless you love italian food (I like it, but don't crave it outside an occasional pizza), then you're screwed.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:07 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I don't get sugar cravings, at all. Sometimes I'll eat fruit just because I know that I should, but I could easily go the rest of my life without cookies, ice cream, soda, candy, etc.

Now potato chips are a different story. Give me a bag of kettle cooked potato chips with some crab dip and I'll eat all of it.
I love chips and dip and pizza and all that carby goodness, but I dont get cravings for them. I think it is because the best carb laden foods are always accompanied by fat as well and I get plenty of that. I want that pure carb freshness when I cheat on keto....you really can't replicate the crispness of an apple or the burst of an orange, etc.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I come in this thread and I immediately feel like a disgusting pig because of my horrible diet.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:10 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rob, you're on a strict keto? You ever feel weak? Do you have to take supplements?
Old 03-14-2014, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Rob, you're on a strict keto? You ever feel weak? Do you have to take supplements?
Yeah, I am usually under 20g carbs per day. I take a multivitamin and the othe usual stuff, nothing crazy. I feel great now, but the first few weeks will be hell and you will want to quit.

I thought you were trying to gain weight though? Keto would be a disaster for that haha.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:15 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea I tried low carb when I was in college and was completely miserable with it.

The surrounding people is definitely something I struggled with since I started my new job but I'm starting to get better with it. Everyone at my work are middle aged fatties who eat just the most awful things.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:17 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Yeah, I am usually under 20g carbs per day. I take a multivitamin and the othe usual stuff, nothing crazy. I feel great now, but the first few weeks will be hell and you will want to quit.

I thought you were trying to gain weight though? Keto would be a disaster for that haha.
I've come to terms with my current weight. If I stay at 165 but get leaner that's ok with me. I just want to convert as much fat to muscle as I can right now, and I figure getting rid of carbs and sugar and lifting heavy will help me get there.

My metabolism is starting to slow down so I don't want to put on this extra weight then get fat and have a hard time getting it off. I rather just stay skinny and try to get more defined.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:18 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Yea I tried low carb when I was in college and was completely miserable with it.

The surrounding people is definitely something I struggled with since I started my new job but I'm starting to get better with it. Everyone at my work are middle aged fatties who eat just the most awful things.
Texas. Just eat a ton of bbq.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:19 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crazy I'm trying to think the last time I weighted under 200.

165 is so skinny.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 03-14-2014, 10:21 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So much Tex-Mex.

I still don't understand how I was 163 at one point in college. I must have been so ******* tiny.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 03-14-2014, 10:21 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
Crazy I'm trying to think the last time I weighted under 200.

165 is so skinny.
Yup. I used to be (still am honestly) very self conscious about it, but I'm starting to accept it. It's just who I am. I'm just a smaller guy, I have skinny bones and a skinny frame. I'm better off just maximizing my frame instead of trying to get bigger.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:24 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post

Pretty early on in my adult life I realized that co-workers were out to destroy my eating habits. I used to practice Calorie Restriction and I was down at around 150 pounds, which is crackhead-in-a-concentration-camp thin for me, and my coworkers would always try to force things like cake and ice cream down my throat. Explaining that I don't like those things didn't do much good, so I would usually just take a token amount to shut everybody up.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:28 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

160 really isn't that skinny. I'm a bigger guy who used to lift a ton, so 190s is more natural for me, but most average dudes that aren't fat fall between 150 and 170.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:35 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

As long as I don't get sloppy I'll be ok with my size. As a smaller guy, you always unconsciously have that little man syndrome, so you'll want to get to 180 or 190 but sometimes you just have to accept that it wasn't meant to be. If I ever get to that weight I'll look like a fat slob with my frame. It's just not built to carry that weight.

Especially at this age, if I wanted to try it I needed to do that in my early 20s, not now.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:35 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
my coworkers would always try to force things like cake and ice cream down my throat. Explaining that I don't like those things didn't do much good, so I would usually just take a token amount to shut everybody up.
i ******* hate those people so much. i don't eat cake, stop glaring at me because i won't have any to make you feel better about the fact that you had some.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:38 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:
160 really isn't that skinny. I'm a bigger guy who used to lift a ton, so 190s is more natural for me, but most average dudes that aren't fat fall between 150 and 170.
The last time I weighed 160 before that was 8th grade.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 03-14-2014, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Last time I weighted 160 Limp Bizkit was still popular.

#MoncriefArmy
Old 03-14-2014, 10:52 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tonight after work, I'm going to workout.. but, I have state bowling tomorrow and Sunday and don't want to be to sore.

I might do some chest and abs?
Old 03-14-2014, 10:57 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

That reminds me, I need to do more core than just planking. Any suggestions?
Old 03-14-2014, 11:03 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dead lifts are the most popular..

Speaking of weight, I weighed the other day and I'm 178lbs and have a 6.8% Body Fat rating.
Old 03-14-2014, 11:14 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The hard part about eating clean is being surrounded by ppl who don't, and eating with them often. Sometimes you just give in to the temptation. I'm far from perfect with my diet right now, so I'm just trying to cut back on sugars and carbs and hopefully that along with exercise is enough.

Giving up carbs (for the most part) is actually a lot easier than it sounds. Unless you love italian food (I like it, but don't crave it outside an occasional pizza), then you're screwed.
This is very true. Last year when I went through the insanity program, I also did the diet that they reccommend with it. My roommate ate like absolute ****...made it difficult to stay on track, but I got through it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 11:17 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

Quote:
That reminds me, I need to do more core than just planking. Any suggestions?
Start working on L-Sits. Also get an ab wheel. You don't need one of those fancy $40 ab wheels, just get one of the $10 ab wheels that are basically lawnmower wheels with handlebars. I have fairly severe scoliosis, so I do a lot of core training just to try to avoid someday having surgery, and the ab wheel is the best $10 I've ever spent.

Of course, squats, deadlifts, and pull ups are also great core exercises.