Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-21-2014, 09:28 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
The bar shouldn't travel in an angle, go back to the Stronglifts website. Straight line for max gains, brahh. Sternum/below nipples area, up and down, don't make the bar travel.

unless you mean line incline bench....then disregard.

Triceps will make them arms look bigger, 3 heads are bigger than 2.
I'm sure technique is part of the issue. I didn't really focus on what I was doing so I don't know if I did anything wrong, but I'm definitely going to read up on technique and try to focus on it for Monday.

I'm sure I didn't keep it straight for several reps.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just remember, the best way to get better at benching is to bench. Assistance exercises are great and all, but something like CG bench will almost always be more effective than something like tricep extensions because you are actually benching.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:48 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wait hold up, I just looked up CG bench press. That's what I've been doing this whole time.

There's a different way to grip it? I always put my hands on the inner ridges and bench. I thought that was the standard?
Old 03-21-2014, 09:55 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Wait. No. Nvm. I don't know what I'm talking about. Carry on.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:09 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My pinky stays on the outside ring.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:12 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Other than squats and lunges, what else do you guys do on leg day?
Old 03-21-2014, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I thought you were running the 5x5?

Anyway, if I was going with a classic leg day, I'd probably do squats, front squats, step ups or lunges and good mornings. Glute ham raises are also really good.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:23 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I thought you were running the 5x5?

Anyway, if I was going with a classic leg day, I'd probably do squats, front squats, step ups or lunges and good mornings.
Yeah I ditched it. I'm not ready for power cleans. I gotta build myself up to a respectable level before I can get there.

Once I build myself up a little, I'm going to rotate 5X5 with what I'm doing now to shock my system.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

You can swap out the cleans for BORs. And I would advise you to not rotate programs.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:27 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I do dumbbell rows. Isn't that the same thing?
Old 03-21-2014, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not worth it at all. Better off with a foam roller.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 02:24 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I foam roll after leg day and back day. It's almost a must nowadays.
Old 03-24-2014, 07:54 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For my birthday this morning I did the Hero WOD "JJ". 110 total reps, half full cleans and half handstand push ups. Only got 104 of them in the 25 allotted minutes. Even just 3 months ago I would've really slowed down somewhere in the 70-80 range. My metabolic conditioning had definitely improved.

I've also realized recently that I'm a lot stronger on bench if I keep my hands narrow on the bar and use triceps more. I used put my pinkies on the rings but going a thumbs length from the smooth part of the bar just feels better.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 08:33 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I rarely do actual workout plans but considering i am so unmotivated I started rough rigid and dense 2.0... with some modifications.

Old 03-24-2014, 09:04 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Leg presses
Leg Curls
Leg Extensions
Calf Raises (don't care if it's just genetics or not)

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:06 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RDL all day. though you may consider this a back day exercise.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:44 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Calves are just genetics. So is being fat.

Old 03-24-2014, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What Nalej wrote.

Bodyweight pistols. Literally a pain in the ass to do a full ROM.
Step ups.
Hip raises. Can do bodyweight or with a barbell. I always keep my hips 1" off the ground. Can also elevate legs on something unstable like a PVC pipe, or do it one-legged.

Last edited by Verloren : 03-24-2014 at 10:12 PM.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:20 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Pistol squat seems like something I will never be able to do.

Old 03-26-2014, 09:46 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

When you guys squat, are your movements fast or slow?

I go through the motions very slowly, but I noticed most people are bouncing up and down fairly quickly.

I feel that it's easier to maintain form when you go slowly.
Old 03-26-2014, 09:54 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
When you guys squat, are your movements fast or slow?

I go through the motions very slowly, but I noticed most people are bouncing up and down fairly quickly.

I feel that it's easier to maintain form when you go slowly.
I go with a moderate pace. I like to get a little bit of a bounce at the bottom.
Old 03-26-2014, 12:37 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I go with a moderate pace. I like to get a little bit of a bounce at the bottom.
Is it a bad idea to go slowly? I'll go down slow, pause at the bottom very briefly (maybe like a quarter of a second) then come up slowly. Pause for a second, then do the next rep.
Old 03-26-2014, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Never come up slowly...that is teaching yourself an awful habit for max effort reps.
Old 03-26-2014, 12:46 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Split squats, good mornings, step ups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 12:46 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Is it a bad idea to go slowly? I'll go down slow, pause at the bottom very briefly (maybe like a quarter of a second) then come up slowly. Pause for a second, then do the next rep.
Slow down, explode up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote