Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-05-2014, 09:46 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still sore as heck from Saturday.. thighs to the max.

Today, I guess I'll go back to Shoulders.

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 09:02 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Day 5 or so of keto. Killing me. Need ice cream.

Ice cream and watching NBA = my life joy

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 10:08 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It doesn't help matters at all, now that Mountain Dew has Baja Blast in Bottles and Cans ... UGH.

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 06:05 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I need a place to workout while home and just checked out a planet fitness. Big, brand new place. About a million smith machines, no squat wracks, and DBs only up to 75. I left

Old 05-11-2014, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good man. Don't ever return.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 06:53 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Good man. Don't ever return.
Didn't went to old faithful. Me and all of my friends have been going with the same entry code for years and nobody has an account. We thought it deactivated but i guwss not.

Always have right knee pain when squating.

Old 05-12-2014, 09:16 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Didn't went to old faithful. Me and all of my friends have been going with the same entry code for years and nobody has an account. We thought it deactivated but i guwss not.

Always have right knee pain when squating.
How wide is your stance? Do your feet point straight ahead or out at a bit of an angle?

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 09:53 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
How wide is your stance? Do your feet point straight ahead or out at a bit of an angle?
It varies... my leg structure has them naturally pointed outward but i try to get them straight ahead to concentrate on my quads

Old 05-12-2014, 10:51 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I used to have knee pain when squatting, my toes pointed straight ahead, and was told by a powerlifter to widen my stance and point my toes outward until it felt natural, so that knees and feet would be aligned properly. Knee pain eventually went away. For me it's not a huge angle, maybe 15ish degrees. Just an idea.

i done stole dis sig
Old 05-13-2014, 11:58 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I need a new cardio routine. Mine is really boring. It feels too much like a chore, when all other exercises are fun.

I play soccer once a week, but the rest is just jogging/machines.

Can you guys make some suggestions please?
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 12:15 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
I need a new cardio routine. Mine is really boring. It feels too much like a chore, when all other exercises are fun.

I play soccer once a week, but the rest is just jogging/machines.

Can you guys make some suggestions please?
Hill sprints

Old 05-13-2014, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Deck of cards is pretty fun and can easily be done at your house.
Old 05-13-2014, 12:37 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Build your own prowler, then push it.

http://diystrengthgear.blogspot.com/...uler-sled.html

i done stole dis sig
Old 05-19-2014, 11:53 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Pulled 455 on deadlift today, 30 lb. PR for me.

i done stole dis sig
Old 05-19-2014, 11:58 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

I was doing 5x5 on deadlift last week and ****** my back.. need to stay away. Was hitting 425 though

Old 05-19-2014, 12:21 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

425 for that many reps is crazy. Most programs, even 5x5 programs I've seen, usually call for way fewer heavy DL.

i done stole dis sig
Old 05-19-2014, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've never pulled more than 400 for reps, but that would absolutely destroy my hands.
Old 05-19-2014, 12:52 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

I didn't get hurt too bad but I am still feeling it. Doesn't help that I moved a house yesterday. Has kept me out of the gym. Hurts the hands bad and after my first set I put paper towel over the bar. I have gloves but didn't bring them.

Old 05-19-2014, 06:56 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

anyone ever jack up their LCL running? my shoes blew out halfway through the half marathon yesterday and i think i messed something up over the last 6 miles. just trying to figure out if there's anything worth doing beyond ice/advil.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
anyone ever jack up their LCL running? my shoes blew out halfway through the half marathon yesterday and i think i messed something up over the last 6 miles. just trying to figure out if there's anything worth doing beyond ice/advil.
Hmmmm......I always recommend foam rolling and contrast showers. Helps a ton for me after lifting. That said, not sure if either is practical for a knee and more relieves soreness than anything. If you actually injured it, you may be out of luck.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:04 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

i think it's just a bit stressed from the impact, it's certainly not a tear or anything. i've always been ok on muscle issues, but i have no clue what you can do for a ligament (or, maybe more importantly, what i should absolutely avoid doing).

contrast shower as in, cold then hot then cold?
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
i think it's just a bit stressed from the impact, it's certainly not a tear or anything. i've always been ok on muscle issues, but i have no clue what you can do for a ligament (or, maybe more importantly, what i should absolutely avoid doing).

contrast shower as in, cold then hot then cold?
Yeah. It starts off moderately hot-cool and I gradually build up to skin searingly hot - antarctica. They really suck and I pretty much reserve them exclusively for after really heavy squats and deads, but they are definitely effective.
Old 05-20-2014, 01:06 AM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Injured mine in '09 (grade 1), healed up, re-injured in '10 (somewhere between grade 1 and 2) playing footy.

Standard injury treatment (RICE) for the first few days or so. As usual, reduce stress/strain/impact on the leg for about 1 week before checking your ROM (depth of squat). Getting up or sitting down as a major pain in ass for me. I did very light work involving leg extension & flexion with a resistance band.

My benchmark for the next phase was achieving a full A2G squat with no irritation in the knee. After that it was working on how my knee tracked again (would buckle in on bodyweight squats). So it was resistance bands around thighs/knees when squatting, single leg squats, lunges, and squats on a wobble board/upside down Bosu ball. The goal at this point is to strengthen the knee as well as the glutes. My technique is still a little screwy and I have to pay attention to my knee when squatting to make sure it doesn't collapse in.

IMO, foam rolling won't do much beyond making sure the IT band doesn't stiffen up too much to compensate for decreased knee stability.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 03:05 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

300 pushups today. Will I wake up tomorrow looking like Terry Crews?

That's all I need to do, right????????????
Old 05-20-2014, 11:43 PM    (permalink
NotMyJob
Rookie

NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotMyJob is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
300 pushups today. Will I wake up tomorrow looking like Terry Crews?

That's all I need to do, right????????????