Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-20-2014, 11:46 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To prepare for being Bane, Tom Hardy apparently just did 1000 pushups a day.

That and steroids.
Old 05-21-2014, 01:30 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joel McHale has said that he just does pushups throughout the day, but he also played college football so there's probably a lot of muscle memory there.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 01:37 AM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Herschel Walker anyone?
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:04 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verloren View Post
Injured mine in '09 (grade 1), healed up, re-injured in '10 (somewhere between grade 1 and 2) playing footy.
awesome, thanks man.

it seems to be mostly good biking, but even light running is rough. that sucks. i hate rehab.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:27 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Been lifting with one of my best friends the last two days since he's been home... he's got a competition in 8 weeks for National Physic. If he wins he'll be in Muscle & Fitness. He's been a huge help with form correction and different ideas. This is him FWIW.

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 07:59 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

this is my favorite time of the year at the gym. every elliptical is full of girls who think you only need to walk a mile or so a day for a month to be in bikini shape, and a bunch of dipshits who do 12 varieties of curls in front of the mirror and on every single surface in the entire gym, because biceps or something.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:15 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am terribly out of it right now. Will get back into it soon. Had hurt my back and gotten sick. Feel like #### still because I feel so lazy.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
this is my favorite time of the year at the gym. every elliptical is full of girls who think you only need to walk a mile or so a day for a month to be in bikini shape, and a bunch of dipshits who do 12 varieties of curls in front of the mirror and on every single surface in the entire gym, because biceps or something.
This is, like, everyday at the gym. One reason why I am planning on building my own asap.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:19 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
This is, like, everyday at the gym. One reason why I am planning on building my own asap.
i'd stop going if it was like that all the time at mine. it's more neighborhood-y, so i think we avoid a lot of the 24-hour/gold's people.

we just get like, may/early june with them.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i'd stop going if it was like that all the time at mine. it's more neighborhood-y, so i think we avoid a lot of the 24-hour/gold's people.

we just get like, may/early june with them.
That's good then. There is no such thing in Manhattan. Oh well, if I move....first thing I am doing is building a gym in the garage of whatever condo I buy for the price of renting a cardboard box in NY.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:49 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's good then. There is no such thing in Manhattan. Oh well, if I move....first thing I am doing is building a gym in the garage of whatever condo I buy for the price of renting a cardboard box in NY.
I've heard of some guys building gyms in storage units
Old 05-28-2014, 10:08 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

Quote:
i can't believe people still live in manhattan. it would be almost worth it to have an actual place to live and take the train for two hours every morning.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:35 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got into a confrontation the other day with this guy, he first pissed me off when he was on the decline bench working abs for like 30 mins, fine its ok I let that slide but when I was doing barbell curls at the frickin squat rack I couldn't stay calm. Needless to say I got that squat rack although the gym manager had to talk to me because he complained but we are cool so it was more of a talk just to show he listened to the complaint.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 09:10 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dumb stories like this are why I bought a squat rack for my basement. I hate dealing with entitled idiots at the gym.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 08:15 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Of course this is at Planet Fitness.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 08:30 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is amazing.

Vacation/moving has killed any gym activity this month. Got a good foundation after the elbow stuff so I'm gonna go full crazy in June/July. Work is moving buildings in a few weeks and the new building has a legit gym in it. Pretty pumped about that.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 03:46 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
To prepare for being Bane, Tom Hardy apparently just did 1000 pushups a day.

That and steroids.
Yeah, but the guy has gotten pretty big for other roles. He was ripped in Warrior and huge in Bronson. But yeah, pushups ain't enough.

Ignore the ****** watermark:

Props to clover_jeez!

Last edited by Mr. Goosemahn : 05-30-2014 at 04:15 PM.
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:47 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone use a cleanse kit/pills/drink? I've seen some from GNC, Nature's Secret, Now, whatever.. Just wondering if there were some recommended ones out there. I've been interested in trying one out if they're actually worth it. Or should I just drink Apple Cider Vinegar?
Old 06-12-2014, 10:37 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just getting my strength back after losing it being sick and having hurt my back. Sucks.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 12:14 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just started P90X yesterday. Immediately put on 2 pounds when i checked the scale today.

Now, i know the scale is not the best way to check progress. But its still a little weird that i'd put on 2 pounds after a workout....i can't have put on 2 pounds of muscle in 1 workout. Perhaps water weight?
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 04:36 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Just started P90X yesterday. Immediately put on 2 pounds when i checked the scale today.

Now, i know the scale is not the best way to check progress. But its still a little weird that i'd put on 2 pounds after a workout....i can't have put on 2 pounds of muscle in 1 workout. Perhaps water weight?

obviously water weight.

you arent gonna put on any muscle doing p90x
Old 06-22-2014, 05:14 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Anyone use a cleanse kit/pills/drink? I've seen some from GNC, Nature's Secret, Now, whatever.. Just wondering if there were some recommended ones out there. I've been interested in trying one out if they're actually worth it. Or should I just drink Apple Cider Vinegar?
Juice for a week, will clear up everything.
Old 06-22-2014, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post

Your body is probably compensating for the shock of doing P90X. Try measuring body weight on a week to week basis, and around the same time (eg after a morning piss).
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 12:43 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know that when I start vigorous cardio programs after not doing much for a while I'll generally gain about 20-30lb over the first couple of weeks. Generally I'll be a month in before I'm even close to back to the starting weight.

Scales are a pretty dreadful way to measure progress. Much better to measure on strength/performance gains, how you feel (placebo or not, it's the #1 benefit of working out) and for weight loss, clothes and belt fit.

The important thing to know is that results will come if you keep at it and worry about the scales way down the track, if ever.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote