Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-21-2009, 07:17 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post

Breakfast:

2 huge cups black coffee (kind of like a Pre WO drink)
6 egg whites with salsa and ham
1 scoop whey in water
Whhhy would you take out the most nutritious part of the egg out!!?!?

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:26 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernbabybern820 View Post
Whhhy would you take out the most nutritious part of the egg out!!?!?
the yolk contains all the fat...

plus a regular large egg has about 70 calories

while the egg white has 17
Old 07-21-2009, 07:32 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BufFan71 View Post

Nutrients > a few grams of fat.

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

exactly that......I know a lot of people say keep the yolks and what not and scientifically it makes total sense. I, however, have tried both ways and find that egg whites work for me.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:34 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I'm cooking about 6 eggs...I'd keep like 1-2 yolks. Probably 1. But anyway, I'm so sick of eggs. haha. So I've been steering clear of them.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah a lot of people do that MOTH.....I always think about it, but the egg whites taste fine to me and I am not really worried about replacing the nutrition found in the yolk through other healthier options.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

man, the last meal of chicken is pretty brutal every day......it just gets so dry, its not stomach capacity at all. I know how to cook chicken very well too........
Old 07-22-2009, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
man, the last meal of chicken is pretty brutal every day......it just gets so dry, its not stomach capacity at all. I know how to cook chicken very well too........
Try putting some non-fat Italian dressing on it before cooking it.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I developed a good technique.......the meat is cooked well so it will shred pretty well, so I do that and actually mix in some Italian Dressing (just the packet and vinegar).......It wasnt so bad. Great minds think alike tho.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Machine got a new gym today and it measures your height, weight, and body fat. Measured in at 5'10, 155, and 8% body fat. Lost 10lbs this summer and got rid of my beer gut. Wanted to add on 10lbs of muscle, need to tweak my program or add less cardio.
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:15 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
Machine got a new gym today
Oh really?
Old 07-23-2009, 11:29 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder what I would measure in at...

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Idk where I would be....If I had to guess I would be around 5'11, 190, 18 percent body fat.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:17 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gee and I thought my 6'1 160 frame with 8.5% body fat was good... Oh well, chicks dig the 6 pack thats for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Oh really?
omg i lold

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 02:15 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Idk where I would be....If I had to guess I would be around 5'11, 190, 18 percent body fat.
Damn. I'm 6'0 and you have 20 pounds on me. I think my body fat would be around 14 if I had to guess. If I add more cardio then I would be really tall and lanky opposed to just tall and lanky. I'm taking protein right now, anything else I should do to bulk up?

Old 07-23-2009, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Had my best workout in over a year. Here's what I did...

30 minutes of cardio, Squats, deadlifts, power cleans, leg presses, some hip exercise (I've hurt my hips quite a bit before, so I do have to work them out directly), Swiss Ball Situps, Swiss Ball Side Situps, Floorwipers, Swiss Ball Knee Tucks and Russian Twists. I hope I can start doing that and more consistently. Feeling good.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Damn. I'm 6'0 and you have 20 pounds on me. I think my body fat would be around 14 if I had to guess. If I add more cardio then I would be really tall and lanky opposed to just tall and lanky. I'm taking protein right now, anything else I should do to bulk up?
eat more and increase those weight every week :)

Seriously, if you are a hard gainer (which I am not), you need to eat to the point of being stuffed every meal.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I am changing to a 4 day split btw..........I am modeling the MWF portion off of the 5x5 with additions mainly in assistance lifts, but I am going to squat only on the 4th day. I just hate getting under the bar 3 times a week. This will work better for me I think, I can squat, hit it hard and not have to do it again for a week :)
Old 07-23-2009, 08:25 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
eat more and increase those weight every week :)

Seriously, if you are a hard gainer (which I am not), you need to eat to the point of being stuffed every meal.
I eat a lot. I love it. But I'm going to start eating more peanut butter and such. It's just so dry to me, though. I hate that sticking the roof of your mouth feeling. What would you suggest as a day's worth of meals if you're looking to gain, say 10 pounds in a month? Currently, I usually eat an egg white omelet with ham and cheese with a pint of non fat milk and maybe some fruit and cottage cheese/ two eggs with a bowl of fruit and cottage cheese and a pint of fat free milk. For lunch, I have a small salad with lettuce, egg, chicken, and black olives with a little bit of regular ranch dressing and dinner lately has been a turkey hoagie with a banana. Nothing in my day is really that much food but it fills me up until my next meal.

Old 07-24-2009, 07:31 AM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i have finally lost 70lbs
70.8lbs to be exact

in December I started at 267.0lbs

and yesterday i was 196.2lbs
Old 07-24-2009, 08:46 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
70.8lbs to be exact

Congrats dude, that's awesome!

Old 07-25-2009, 01:46 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I eat a lot. I love it. But I'm going to start eating more peanut butter and such. It's just so dry to me, though. I hate that sticking the roof of your mouth feeling. What would you suggest as a day's worth of meals if you're looking to gain, say 10 pounds in a month? Currently, I usually eat an egg white omelet with ham and cheese with a pint of non fat milk and maybe some fruit and cottage cheese/ two eggs with a bowl of fruit and cottage cheese and a pint of fat free milk. For lunch, I have a small salad with lettuce, egg, chicken, and black olives with a little bit of regular ranch dressing and dinner lately has been a turkey hoagie with a banana. Nothing in my day is really that much food but it fills me up until my next meal.
I dont think that sounds like nearly enough. Try to eat like 6 meals of day. Shoot for like 600 calories each. Switch to whole milk, whole eggs, etc. Have a big glass of milk at every meal and throw some whey in there if you can. PB is good stuff, but if you dont like the texture or w/e eat peanuts or just blend the milk, whey and PB together and make a delicious shake.........snack on stuff like nuts and yogurt all the time. Idk, just keep eating man haha. If you really want to gain thats what you need to do. I dont have your problem so its tough for me for advising you, you know? Being an easy gainer I know how to cut very well, but I never really have to just pound calories to gain. If I eat like 2500 a day my weight will go up, no doubt. You probably dont have that.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:47 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
70.8lbs to be exact

Nice work man..........I started seriously cutting down when hit about 270 as well. Congrats.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:42 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You want to gain weight? There is no secret, you have to eat obiviously. Shoot for every two hours. It may suck some days but, if you're looking to put on a lot of weight, it's essential to eat and eat and eat. Also you should stick to very little to no cardio. And yeah, peanut butter is a great way to pack on the pounds fast but, you should expect to get a little fat from doing this. An example...pre bulking, I have fine defintion and clearly visible abdominals...but, through bulking, especially getting a little dirty w/ the diet...I may lose my abs completely while gaining the weight. Just get to a desired bulk and then you can eventually cut your calories...dropping a few % in BF while, mostly maintaining the mass you gained while bulking. If you're inetersted in a more cut look, that is. A lot depends on frame (body type) and genetics but typically, it's a long process...10 pounds per month is not really a realistic goal. Most are happy w/ gaining a pound per week. But really...if you eat a lot and lift heavy, you should get where you want to be.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote