Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-31-2009, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
brain: 240 Calories
liver: 200 Calories
heart: 400 Calories
kidneys: 400 Calories
adipose tissue 4.5 Calories/kg
muscle mass 13 Calories/kg
Wait, that's the amount you burn without doing anything, or did I misread that?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 08:54 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
how many people actually ONLY burn 800 calories in a day... fwiw, the more you weigh/larger your size, the more work your body has to do to maintain it... more calories you have to burn...

in addition, the more food you consume, the more calories are lost by digestive process calories...

According to McClave SA and HL Snider. Dissecting the energy needs of the body. Current Opinion in clinical nutrition and metabolic care (2001) 4: 143-147:
brain: 240 Calories
liver: 200 Calories
heart: 400 Calories
kidneys: 400 Calories
adipose tissue 4.5 Calories/kg
muscle mass 13 Calories/kg

Note: those are rest values, no activity what so ever. it's also been noted that intense studying results in a greater blood-glucose usage by the brain. but to what significant effect is still unknown.
I was just using it as an example in terms of calories consumed vs burned...

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiWolves View Post
Can someone tell me what to add/remove on my lifting routine?
Monday: (Triceps, Chest, And Abs)
Skullcrushers 3 sets of 15
Butterflys (Pec Dec) 3 sets of 15
Cable One Arm Tricep Extension 3 sets of 15
Lying Tricep Extension across face 3 sets of 15
Cable Crossover 3 sets of 15
Tricep Dips 3 sets of 15

Tuesday (Bicep, Back)
Dumbell Alternate Bicep Curl 3 sets of 15
Lying cable Curl 3 sets of 15
Standing Inner Bicep Curl 3 set of 15
Seated Cable Rows 3 Sets of 15
Lateral Pull down 3 sets of 15

Wednesday (Legs, Shoulders)
Leg Press 3 set of 15
Shrugs 3 sets of 15
Windshield wipers 3 sets of 15
Arm Circles with Dumbbells 3 sets of 15
Rotary Calf 3 sets of 45
Seated Leg Curls 3 sets of 15
Leg Extension 3 sets of 15

Thursday (look at monday)
light weight

Friday (look at tuesday)
light weight

Sat and sun (days off)

After each workout i go to the steam room. Then i go to the sauna. Then i go to the hot tub and relax. I would do bench but i had a bad experience with it so im not gonna do it until im ready lol

Alright......I have been looking for it for a few minutes but I cant find it, so its up to you if you want to. A few weeks ago (I think), I wrote out a huge post detailing starting strength for someone along with a ton of helpful links. If you can find it, that program is gold.
Old 08-01-2009, 01:09 AM    (permalink
MiWolves
Rookie

MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

thanks i found it its in page 13
MiWolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 08:10 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nice, thats pretty much the way to go. If anything is unclear let me know. One thing I noticed was not in there is rest time. Make sure you take at least 3-5 minutes to rest in between sets.

Last edited by Rob S : 08-01-2009 at 06:42 PM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiWolves View Post
well the spotter caused the injury to my chest because he was slapping me in the face while i was benching.. and ever since everytime i bench i always get the feeling im going to drop the bench bar on my chest..

my ribs was broken due to that experience and i did beat the crap out of him after i was recovered.
jesus christ

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:26 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thought this was pretty cool.

Old 08-21-2009, 02:56 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Troy Polamalu is an oxymoron...

The dude plays professional football, which the everyday audience sees as a brutal, physical sport that is filled with players with crazy, psychotic attitudes...

Then comes along Troy, who probably would help an old lady across the street, then walk her home...

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:18 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How did everyone do with their summer goals? My personal goal was to get up to 180 lbs. and become more physically fit in the meanwhile. I can honestly say that I am a lot more physically fit but I'm not satisfied. I'm going to be doing a lot of intense training from now until May and by then I should have results I desire. As for my weight gain, I started the summer in the high 160s. I weighed myself today and came in at 169.8. Over the course of the summer, I have gained a max total of 3 pounds. Considerably short of my goal.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 12:12 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have put on 10 lbs of muscle since the first week of June-Last week of May. So, I guess that is reaching a goal? Up to 180lbs now, I guess because I started eating so much more.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 12:56 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I have put on 10 lbs of muscle since the first week of June-Last week of May. So, I guess that is reaching a goal? Up to 180lbs now, I guess because I started eating so much more.
Are you trying to put on weight for any reason in particular or you just want to get bigger.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:00 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Are you trying to put on weight for any reason in particular or you just want to get bigger.
I just lift for the sake of burning fat, but since I have moved back after college, I have be eating more since my parents have a ton of food around the house, so I have taken in more carbs to burn and built up muscle. I havent really had the goal of getting bigger, but since more muscle equates to higher metabolism and burning of more calories/carbs, I dont see a downside, so long as all my clothes fit.

Old 09-02-2009, 01:45 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
So, you pretty much accomplished my goal. I don't eat enough to get up to that weight. I'm going to need to start eating more and more frequently. I tried to do it earlier in the summer but I can't overstuff myself.

Old 09-02-2009, 01:57 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
but I can't overstuff myself.
My appetite is insatiable.

Old 09-02-2009, 12:43 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

I can't do 100 consecutive pushups but I would like to. I found this website that lays out a plan where you would be able to. I'm gonna follow it and see if it works for me.

http://hundredpushups.com/index.html

I'm starting at Week 3.

Old 09-02-2009, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I can now strict OHP 135 so I look like one of the cool kids
Old 09-02-2009, 12:48 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I can now strict OHP 135 so I look like one of the cool kids
OHP is overhead press for those wondering.

Old 09-16-2009, 10:27 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I am in a weight-loss race with someone. I am 241 looking at 202. She is 184 looking at 160.

I am young enough and eat healthy enough to where I don't think I will have to eat any differently. Just actually get off my ass and move a bit. Not a HUGE fan of running. Any suggestions to cardio.

I'm thinking about getting a jump rope and also doing the one hundred push ups thing tj talked about. They also have a 200 sit up thing and 200 squat thing. Figure if I get those 3 things down with losing the 38 lbs I wouldn't look half bad either.

I don't have a gym membership and don't plan on getting one. I have a baby on the way and unnecessary expenses are not needed at the moment.

So with that knowledge, suggest away.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:39 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmmm if you wanted to lose weight fast, and had a gym weight lifiting would have been they key.

But since if you don't, cardio works, but don't plan on running for like 1 hr or 1:30 mins.

If your going to do cardio, do interval running, sprints, and ploymetric training.

For interval training, find a track if possible, you'll look less crazy this way. Start out by walking for 1 min, then jog 30 sec, then walk 45, then jog 45, then walk 30, then jog 1 min, walk 20, sprint 10, walk 10, jog 30, sprint 20, jog 30. Something along those lines, u can find something online, but do this for about 15 mins. It helps making ur HR go up and down, wheres in long distance cardio your running one speed and for 10 mins, u get that shock and the rest ur body starts getting used to an burns less calories.

Sprints pretty simple, add in some conditioning if you know any.

Ploymetric training, a combination of conditioning and body weight exercises. Like squat thrust, burpees, bunch of other things.

And then just do your basics things of push ups, squats, sit ups, find a pull up bar, and preform different grip pull ups.

Motivation, take ur shirt off and look in the mirror, u disgust ur self. No one wants to look at that not even you.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:37 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Hmmm if you wanted to lose weight fast, and had a gym weight lifiting would have been they key.

But since if you don't, cardio works, but don't plan on running for like 1 hr or 1:30 mins.

If your going to do cardio, do interval running, sprints, and ploymetric training.

For interval training, find a track if possible, you'll look less crazy this way. Start out by walking for 1 min, then jog 30 sec, then walk 45, then jog 45, then walk 30, then jog 1 min, walk 20, sprint 10, walk 10, jog 30, sprint 20, jog 30. Something along those lines, u can find something online, but do this for about 15 mins. It helps making ur HR go up and down, wheres in long distance cardio your running one speed and for 10 mins, u get that shock and the rest ur body starts getting used to an burns less calories.

Sprints pretty simple, add in some conditioning if you know any.

Ploymetric training, a combination of conditioning and body weight exercises. Like squat thrust, burpees, bunch of other things.

And then just do your basics things of push ups, squats, sit ups, find a pull up bar, and preform different grip pull ups.

Motivation, take ur shirt off and look in the mirror, u disgust ur self. No one wants to look at that not even you.
Sounds good. I like the idea of the walk/jog/spring thing.

I don't even know what burpees and squat thrust are. Ploymetrics is a foreign word as well.

Gonna start it tonight though.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:46 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post

I don't even know what burpees and squat thrust are. Ploymetrics is a foreign word as well.

goggle is your friend.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:54 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post

Also to vary your cardio start playing pick up games for whatever you like, basketball, tennis, soccer, football whatever. All is true about interval training. Also I wouldn't really care all too much about sit ups if you are trying to lose weight. It doesn't help all that much with weight loss and the tedious ab work will probably just make you want to quit exercising. Also try some different low impact cardio choices, recumbent bike or elliptical if you have access to it, or swimming. You should really get a gym membership. Since you are focusing on losing weight you can sign up at one of those cheapo fitness clubs or even like a YMCA club. Nothing to be ashamed about when you are dealing with your health. Not everyone has to go to Gold's Gym and others like.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 01:59 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

I wouldn't waste your energy and time on sit ups at this point. Cardio is key here. Interval training is the way to go. Try to eat a really clean diet too. Diet is often times neglected when it's equally as important.

Old 09-17-2009, 06:26 PM    (permalink
vatech=accdomination
All-Pro

vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are good diet foods, I lost 35 pounds in last semester, kept it off over the summer, and want to start again, but I cant keep eating this bland ass food.

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....
vatech=accdomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatech=accdomination View Post
What are good diet foods, I lost 35 pounds in last semester, kept it off over the summer, and want to start again, but I cant keep eating this bland ass food.
any lean meats, all veggies. If you cook your meat correctly and season it well, it wont be bland. Also, if you are just maintaining, you can throw in fruit and healthy grains like oats, brown rice, etc.