Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-18-2009, 12:13 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So... with Summer coming up I've decided I want to get shredded.

Spent last night after work planning out a meal plan as that is my major problem in the mission, basically I love eating and hate cooking so I end up eating crap that is easy to cook. Not great if you are trying to tone up.

Anyway... I'm posting this as much to keep myself honest and try and keep to it. Aiming to be a shredded 205-220. Whoop Whoop!

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:14 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post

Spent last night after work planning out a meal plan as that is my major problem in the mission, basically I love eating and hate cooking so I end up eating crap that is easy to cook. Not great if you are trying to tone up.

Anyway... I'm posting this as much to keep myself honest and try and keep to it. Aiming to be a shredded 205-220. Whoop Whoop!

I think ur a little late there buddy.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:52 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
I think ur a little late there buddy.
He's in Austrailia buddy.
Old 09-18-2009, 01:02 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post

BURRRNNNN.. BURRNNNNNN

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 01:13 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
AAAaaahh, well then ur very early.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:10 AM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, when I began the weigh-loss race last Monday, I weighed in at 241. Today, I weighed myself and I am 229. For those that are skeptical, it has been the same scale AND I put on about 30 lbs in about 3 months. So I knew it would be easy for me to lose.

I have been doing MOST of what you guys suggested. Been interval running around a track and also doing stadiums. There isn't a really big stadium anywhere near where I live but it works.

I've also made some homemade weights. No idea how much they weigh but I have felt the burn so I figure heavy enough. I've taken 5 gallon buckets and put water in them as hand weights and also taken a big cooler and put water in it.

I'm pretty proud of myself. Been eating healthier. Waking up and getting 3 good meals and snacks. Like yogurt, nuts, and fruit.

Motivation is, aside from the obvious winning the competition, is I'm gonna be a dad pretty soon and I want to be able to keep up with my son once he gets to the active stage. It seems to be working. I've got 27 more lbs to lose and my opponent has 20. But it's a girl and she started out only needing to lose 23 and I started out needing to lose 39.

Thanks to all that helped.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:36 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

ahah she is gonna loose, she only lost 3 pounds.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:29 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post

What is your height and weight now? Things like this take time so don't get discouraged if you don't see immediate results. Getting to a point where you look like a completely new person in terms of overall physique is about 9 months if you work really hard at it.

Learn to like cooking because weight training is second to diet. You can work your ass off at the gym but if you don't eat properly then you won't be shredded if you're really serious about it.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone train w/ kettlebells? My college wrestling team started using them today, it is real interesting and you are able to do a lot of wrestling specific workouts with them. Does anyone else use them?
Old 09-24-2009, 08:12 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had to run 2 miles yesterday while fireman's carrying someone. I don't think I've ever been more exhausted in my life.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 08:16 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
I had to run 2 miles yesterday while fireman's carrying someone. I don't think I've ever been more exhausted in my life.
Dude come on there is no way that fire was that long, I think you were going in the wrong direction, or in circles. :D
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 08:18 PM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ive been on my school xc team for the last 2 years just because its tight and all my friends do it. I didnt like running and was bad last year but it was still fun cause its just hangin out and running for 30 mins after.

This year ive been dedicated though and now i actually like running now lol.
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 08:19 PM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
I though you only had 1 leg
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 08:20 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan43 View Post
I though you only had 1 leg
Blast from the past right there
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 01:43 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
anyone train w/ kettlebells? My college wrestling team started using them today, it is real interesting and you are able to do a lot of wrestling specific workouts with them. Does anyone else use them?
I've never personally used them but I've always wanted to.

This is a cool video that features one of the most impressive physical feats I've ever seen. (If you want to see it, skip ahead to 3:58 - 4:23)

Old 09-29-2009, 08:01 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I've never personally used them but I've always wanted to.

This is a cool video that features one of the most impressive physical feats I've ever seen. (If you want to see it, skip ahead to 3:58 - 4:23)

kettlebells helped me lose 70lbs
Old 10-05-2009, 04:36 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I'm done bulking I suppose. Started my cutting diet on Saturday, it's mighty boring. :(

Since I hate oatmeal and brown rice, I subbed lots of baked potatoes.

Meal 1:

Baked Potato
Egg beaters

Meal 2:

Protein bar
teaspoon flaxseed oil
Baked potato

Meal 3:

Skinless Chicken Breast
Baked Potato
French cut green beans

Meal 4:

Banana
Protein Shot

Meal 5:

Extra Lean Ground Turkey

Meal 6:

2 scoops Whey Protein (shake)
Orange Juice

Meal 7:

Chicken Breast
Brown Rice
French cut green beans

Meal 8:

Low Fat Cottage Cheese

I dont normally go with 8 meals but, with 10 hour work days it's fitting.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 04:40 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
So I'm done bulking I suppose. Started my cutting diet on Saturday, it's mighty boring. :(

Since I hate oatmeal and brown rice, I subbed lots of baked potatoes.

Meal 1:

Baked Potato
Egg beaters

Meal 2:

Protein bar
teaspoon flaxseed oil
Baked potato

Meal 3:

Skinless Chicken Breast
Baked Potato
French cut green beans

Meal 4:

Banana
Protein Shot

Meal 5:

Extra Lean Ground Turkey

Meal 6:

2 scoops Whey Protein (shake)
Orange Juice

Meal 7:

Chicken Breast
Brown Rice
French cut green beans

Meal 8:

Low Fat Cottage Cheese

I dont normally go with 8 meals but, with 10 hour work days it's fitting.

I don't know if I could handle that many baked potatoes, haha!

Then again, it's the same menu with me and brown rice and oatmeal. I'll mix in a bowl of healthy cereal in every now and then too.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 04:43 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually did buy some oatmeal, to give it a shot this time around and it was just not happening. I honestly dont know how anyone can eat that stuff.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-05-2009, 09:23 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I actually did buy some oatmeal, to give it a shot this time around and it was just not happening. I honestly dont know how anyone can eat that stuff.
Peaches and Cream = the ****

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:36 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF4 View Post
Peaches and Cream = the ****
I'm a fan of Lower Suger Apples and Cinnamon myself...

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post

BURRRNNNN.. BURRNNNNNN
Come on now. Australia is not that bad.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:27 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I've never been a big supplement guy. In fact, I cant stand whey protein in anything. I'm actually phasing it out of my diet completely soon enough. I'm sick of forcing down shakes, I dont have the stomach for it anymore.

I will say this, though. If you're into slow reacting whey shots, the one body fortress makes (crap brand, I know) is actually not awful. I only use it when I'm in a rush but, it's not bad. I like to take a gulp of it and then take a sip of orange juice right after that. They're like 2 bucks a pop.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-05-2009, 11:40 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've seen those. I had such a horrible experience with their Whey Protein that I probably have a bit of a jaded opinion on them. No real convenient locations to get them around here either. Cool idea though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:49 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Yeah.

Their Whey Protein Powder isn't too great, imo. Firstly, it tastes awful, worse than most. I have a tub somewhere around here that is half full. I bought it once when I was short on cash a while back. And then secondly, it hurt my stomach more than any other protein powder, I've ever had. That's what you get for going cheap I suppose. But Protein is protein it's not a bad blend, really. It will do the job if you can stomach it. But it didnt really agree with me and there are much better tasting ones out there.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS