Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-05-2009, 10:53 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I read somewhere that it's monstrously high in lactose. It both looked at tasted it. The creatine blended in was nice and gave you a good amount of bang for your buck if you don't mind creatine(I don't), but that stuff just killed my stomach.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:54 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ONs, Optimum nutrition is the best one out there. If your into slow processing ones its usually casein protien. Casein digest really slowly in your stomach, so its good to take before bed.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:55 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just usually eat half a cup of greek yogurt before bed. Tastes better and it's mostly the same effect.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-05-2009, 11:02 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Casein costs way too much for me. Especially if I was just using it as a before bed type deal.

I just stick with cottage cheese, which I hate.

And Electriceye, we're not the only ones that had stomach problems with their protein, it's pretty common I hear. But everyone is different, if you can handle it, go for it. Not for me, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:27 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate cottage cheese its awful.

I like greek yogurt really good, and high in protein.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:42 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

So any tips here for coming back from a wrist injury? I've broken my left wrist like three times in my life, and it's really starting to hurt when I do any kind of pressing movement. Starting to be a big pain in the ass.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-06-2009, 12:00 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The right cottage cheese is just fine. I love Bison brand and have no problem eating it all the time. They might carry it in Jersey and PA, but if you fully hate the stuff then it probably won't matter.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:15 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love cottage cheese. It's also really good if you mix it with jam.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:25 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I much prefer Yogurt to cottage cheese, since they are pretty similar I go with the yogurt before bed.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:58 AM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im curious...

im in my cut..

and im taking in about 1,500 calories a day
roughly 195g of protein

how man carbs and fats should i be taking in?
looking at my log, i usually get around 90-100 carbs
and only 20-30g of fat

someone told me this is not enough

suggestions?
Old 10-07-2009, 07:34 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Strained back muscle = :( .

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 03:43 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BufFan71 View Post
im curious...

im in my cut..

roughly 195g of protein

and only 20-30g of fat

suggestions?
Your fat intake should be at least 20% of your caloric intake. (Nutrition major even though a lot of the things they teach you is BS)

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 05:43 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernbabybern820 View Post
Your fat intake should be at least 20% of your caloric intake. (Nutrition major even though a lot of the things they teach you is BS)
kk

ive had my macros as:
60% protein
20%fat
20%carbs
Old 10-07-2009, 10:24 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BufFan71 View Post
im curious...

im in my cut..

roughly 195g of protein

and only 20-30g of fat

suggestions?
Off topic, winter is usually a time for bulking then you cut in the spring and bulk throughout the summer again. That way you're the leanest when summer comes around.

20-30g of fat is not enough. You should be taking in atleast 50 or even more during a cut. As long as they remain mostly healthy fats and you're working out as hard as you should be. Make sure you get atleast your daily EFA's. Avocados, fish oil, flax oil, etc,.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 10:38 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

1500 calories a day seems like nothing man? Eating 4 slices of wheat bread is like 1000.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:48 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What wheat bread are you eating? The stuff I eat is like 50.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 10-07-2009, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Strained back muscle = :( .
You've got to stop eating all those donuts DG! That extra weight is not going to do your back any good.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 05:13 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Off topic, winter is usually a time for bulking then you cut in the spring and bulk throughout the summer again. That way you're the leanest when summer comes around.

20-30g of fat is not enough. You should be taking in atleast 50 or even more during a cut. As long as they remain mostly healthy fats and you're working out as hard as you should be. Make sure you get atleast your daily EFA's. Avocados, fish oil, flax oil, etc,.
well, last december i was 270lbs
and at one point during the summer i was down to 195
i let myself go for almost two months, and was back to 212...

decided i still wasnt happy enough as far as Bf%(still had too much bodyfat) to start up a bulk for this winter...

so im gonna cut to about 170, by that time, it should be around december-jan
ill maintain that for a few months. When summer comes around, ill cut a little.
and NEXT winter im gonna do a real bulk.

ive never actually done the whole bulk/cut thing. I just used to be a fatass, but was strong, so i began losing weight, and im gonna eventually start doing the bulk/cut system
Old 10-08-2009, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I stay away from carbs, but I take in quite a bit of fat. Fats and Proteins should be what your meals consist of except post WO imo.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:20 PM    (permalink
robert pancake gallery
Veteran

robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

eat pancakes for every meal if you are a real man

robert pancake gallery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 09:39 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've really let myself go these past two weeks with eating badly...I've probably gained like 5-8 pounds, legit.

I've lived off of little debbies and fast food here and there...quite the nutritional supply.

I should probably go to the gym tomorrow, lol.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I need to get to 215 I'm down at around 195 I need to gain muscle mass any tips or such ?

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:33 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wo_oT88 View Post
I need to get to 215 I'm down at around 195 I need to gain muscle mass any tips or such ?
Eat more calories than you burn. Work hard in the gym.

You wanna eat around 6 meals a day. For a bulk, someone your size should follow something like this:

Each Day You Should Take In 390 Grams Of Protein. This means you are taking in 1560 Calories from Protein.

Each Day You Should Take In 195 Grams Of Carbs. This means you are taking in 780 Calories from Carbs.

Each Day You Should Take In 65 Grams Of Fat. This means you are taking in 585 Calories from Fat.

Each Day You Should Take In 2925 Calories.

Each Of Your Six Meals Per Day Should Provide 65 Grams Of Protein.

Each Of Your Six Meals Per Day Should Provide 33 Grams Of Carbs.

Each Of Your Six Meals Per Day Should Provide 11 Grams Of Fat.

Each Of Your Six Meals Per Day Should Provide 488 Calories.

Just to break it down a bit. You'd have to plan your meals ahead but you dont have to be exact to the decimal.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I would eat even more than that......shoot for like 4000-5000. Drink about half a gallon of whole milk a day in addition to TJ;s eating plan and thats about whre you want to be. You will put on some fat, but you will certainly pack on muscle as well. If you want to do it ultra clean, you can change it up, but if weight gain is your main goal, just eat man.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:59 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Eat more KK woot!

<njx9> <3 dg