Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-07-2009, 10:46 AM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Strength is useless in flag football. The three time defending champions of my base flag football league doesn't have a guy over 150 lbs on it.
Oh yeah totally. I just want to hold my own against 275 pound lineman.

I really just do the beginning cardio to get the blood pumping.

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!

Last edited by TheBuffaloBills : 11-07-2009 at 11:07 AM.
TheBuffaloBills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Losing and Gaining weight is the easiest concept out there. If you eat more calories than you burn, you will gain weight. If they are mostly good calories, the weight will be mostly muscle. If you eat less then you burn, you loose weight. Thats really all there is to it......no "tips" are really needed. Its all about discipline.

Its simple. If you have been gaining weight and have plateued (etk), your body wants more food. Your plan is fine for now TBB, so long as it keeps working. If you see yourself stall tho, cut out some calories or put in some for cardio.
Old 11-07-2009, 11:26 AM    (permalink
wordofi
Veteran

wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
**** creatine and all those weight gain supplements. They are a waste of money and they don't work. Best way to gain more weight is to eat more. I went from 163 to 180 doing that (im 5'9") in about a month. Now i lost some and im around 175. My goal is to reach 190. What is your workout routine guys?

Here is mine:

Monday-- Shoulders

Tuesday-- Abs and Back

Wednesday-- Biceps

Thursday-- Chest and Triceps... my favorite day

Friday-- Legs

Weekends-- I try to rest, but i can't help not going for a workout.

Lately i've been slacking.
You're absolutely right. Creatine is bad for the liver besides being a waste of money.
wordofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Creatine is actually one of the few supplements that I put credence in. It has had so many tests done on it.....its pretty ignorant to say it does nothing (maybe it didnt work for you, fine) because all the research indicates it is one of the most effective supplements out there in addition to being safer than other products because so many tests have been done.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:32 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordofi View Post
You're absolutely right. Creatine is bad for the liver besides being a waste of money.
Its bad for you liver if you OD on it. You body produces creatine as well. Drinking is bad for your liver, taking excess amounts of Whey is probably bad for you liver as well.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Its bad for you liver if you OD on it. You body produces creatine as well. Drinking is bad for your liver, taking excess amounts of Whey is probably bad for you liver as well.
Yeah, creatine is natural. If you eat ground beef at all you are taking in creatine in a pretty large amount actually.
Old 11-07-2009, 09:25 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is all true. Protein is only supposed to make up 30% of your diet, max.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
This is all true. Protein is only supposed to make up 30% of your diet, max.
Nah, then your taking in what, like 40% carbs? Thats bad. The Food Pyramid lies. I think 40 is very acceptable and I think Keto diets have their place as well.

Last edited by Rob S : 11-07-2009 at 09:51 PM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:23 AM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Nah, then your taking in what, like 40% carbs? Thats bad. The Food Pyramid lies. I think 40 is very acceptable and I think Keto diets have their place as well.
Percentages don't mean much to me anymore.

40% protein in a 3500 calorie diet is 350 grams of protein which would be too much depending on bodyweight of course.

I would just try to get 1-1.5 times your body weight in protein and distribute the rest in fats and carbs.

Dietetics major here btw. Classes actually start getting kind of hard when you start learning about all the metabolic processes.
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:29 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernbabybern820 View Post
Percentages don't mean much to me anymore.

40% protein in a 3500 calorie diet is 350 grams of protein which would be too much depending on bodyweight of course.

I would just try to get 1-1.5 times your body weight in protein and distribute the rest in fats and carbs.

Dietetics major here btw. Classes actually start getting kind of hard when you start learning about all the metabolic processes.
1.5 times my bodyweight would be insane. I'd be looking at 270g of protein.

.8-1g of protein is sufficient. Anything over that is overkill. It's been proven in studies.

40/30/30 is the way to go, imo.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 04:28 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
1.5 times my bodyweight would be insane. I'd be looking at 270g of protein.

.8-1g of protein is sufficient. Anything over that is overkill. It's been proven in studies.

40/30/30 is the way to go, imo.
Whats been proven in what studies? What i was talking about was mostly on bulks since you're going to need your calories coming from somewhere.

It also depends on how much you weigh. I only weigh 145 so 200 grams of protein is pretty easy with me since i eat so much meat.
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Old 11-08-2009, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I pretty much dont eat carbs (altho I am considering going paleo), so I take in quite a bit of protein. Most days around 1.5 g/lb and a lot of times more.
Old 11-08-2009, 07:26 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I pretty much dont eat carbs (altho I am considering going paleo), so I take in quite a bit of protein. Most days around 1.5 g/lb and a lot of times more.
Paleo diets sound interesting. I'd like to try that for a while and also try a vegetarian diet for a few days just to see what it feels like. I don't think i've ever gone more than one day without eating meat in my entire life.

Old 11-08-2009, 07:29 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I'm turning my garage into a home gym. I'm looking to get an elliptical for cardio, a Nautilus type station, and some kettlebells. I'll probably wallmount a TV down there as well
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 07:43 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think I'm turning my garage into a home gym. I'm looking to get an elliptical for cardio, a Nautilus type station, and some kettlebells. I'll probably wallmount a TV down there as well
will there be porn played on the tv while u work out.

What if someone were to enter your garage and steal you TV?
Old 11-08-2009, 07:54 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
will there be porn played on the tv while u work out.

What if someone were to enter your garage and steal you TV?
how will they get into my garage?
Old 11-08-2009, 08:18 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
how will they get into my garage?
open the garage door.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:20 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
open the garage door.
Do they have my clicker?
Old 11-08-2009, 08:23 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Do they have my clicker?
no...crowbar. Haven't you ever seen that show on discovery where the guy breaks into your house?
Old 11-08-2009, 08:35 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
no...crowbar. Haven't you ever seen that show on discovery where the guy breaks into your house?
Why would he stop in my garage if he can use a crowbar to pry it open? Might as well go into my house and steal everything else.

OMG I NEED TO SELL ALL MY STUFF BEFORE SOMEONE STEALS IT!
Old 11-08-2009, 08:39 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Why would he stop in my garage if he can use a crowbar to pry it open? Might as well go into my house and steal everything else.

OMG I NEED TO SELL ALL MY STUFF BEFORE SOMEONE STEALS IT!
now ur thinking.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:08 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'll buy that TV in your basement for 2.99 since you are selling everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 10:41 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I posted my best 40 time this weekend. They all clocked me in the high 4.6's and the low 4.7's. I think the lowest was a 4.68 and the highest was a 4.75. I ran it twice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:23 PM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I HAtE this way of thinking. How are carbs bad? Calories? why dont you go on a 0 calorie diet for a year or two. they are the supposed to be the main fuel for your body
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:25 PM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

running or swimming, push ups, pull ups and sit ups. those are those are the only exercises you need. weight lifting is for chumps
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote