Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-15-2010, 09:03 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate squats and deads the most, but how could you not?
Old 02-15-2010, 09:11 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
What are your most hated exercises?
1. Incline Bench

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 09:12 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I actually enjoy them. I feel myself getting stronger every time I do them so it makes it worth it to me. Incline bench is just a pain in the ass. Oh, and lunges. I sub them out.

Last edited by tjsunstein : 02-15-2010 at 09:14 AM.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:15 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rope on a stick! That **** burns my forearms like no other.
Definitely once u start upping the weights on the rope too

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 09:19 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Rope on a stick! That **** burns my forearms like no other.
Definitely once u start upping the weights on the rope too
Yeah, I hate that one too. Hurts my wrist too.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 09:42 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

I hit my forearms indirectly. Never do direct workouts for them.

Old 02-15-2010, 10:08 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I actually enjoy them. I feel myself getting stronger every time I do them so it makes it worth it to me. Incline bench is just a pain in the ass. Oh, and lunges. I sub them out.
Oh they are totally worth it and I would feel like a loser if I stopped doing them, still that doesnt make the actual lift any more enjoyable for me. Deads are just the worst. Rips my hands to shreds every time.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:04 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tried hang cleans today. Kicked my ******* ass.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 12:41 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
What are your most hated exercises?

For me,

1. Floorwipers
2. Deadlifts
3. Pull-ups
4. Lunges
5. Russian Twists

For me, Lunges and box squat.

I love pull ups.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 12:43 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Oh they are totally worth it and I would feel like a loser if I stopped doing them, still that doesnt make the actual lift any more enjoyable for me. Deads are just the worst. Rips my hands to shreds every time.
I know some people hate the guys that wear gloves when they lift but it's a lot cooler than your hands killing.

Personally, I don't wear them but I have a buddy that does.

Old 02-15-2010, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Romarville
Rookie

Romarville hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I hate incline bench with a barbell. I am also trying to warm up to the idea of snatch cleans and overhead squats.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I know some people hate the guys that wear gloves when they lift but it's a lot cooler than your hands killing.

Personally, I don't wear them but I have a buddy that does.
I hate gloves personally.....chalk up instead. My gym just has strict chalk rules so I can't use it right now.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:16 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I love squats. Definitely one of my favorite lifts. What I can't stand are cleans.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:47 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone tried the Insanity workout or know anyone that did?
Old 02-15-2010, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
anyone tried the Insanity workout or know anyone that did?
didnt do it, but like any cardio program, if you stick to it and keep a good diet you will see good results. I dont believe any heavy weight training is involved tho, so its probably not a strength builder.
Old 02-15-2010, 04:29 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Strict chalk you say...buy liquid chalk. Same thing, no mess.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:03 AM    (permalink
KobeBryant833
Rookie

KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been taking cell tech and now looking for something different. im 188 right now looking to get to 200 before i go to summer workouts for college next year.
KobeBryant833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:24 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doing dead lifts without gloves ******* sucks. Especially if the bar is ****** up and spikey.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:54 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I cant grip a bar with gloves. Gloves suck imo. They only hinder my lifts.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:34 AM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How can I get a six pack? I've been working out seriously again since the start of the fall. Took a month off because my gym membership ran out and have been back to working out for over a month. I've been doing abs hard for about two weeks now. Obviously I don't expect to see results now, but what can I do to help get a six pack? And how long should I wait to expect to see results?
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn98 View Post
How can I get a six pack? I've been working out seriously again since the start of the fall. Took a month off because my gym membership ran out and have been back to working out for over a month. I've been doing abs hard for about two weeks now. Obviously I don't expect to see results now, but what can I do to help get a six pack? And how long should I wait to expect to see results?
Its all diet man.....ab exercises and all that help to build abs, but your not going to see them unless you get insanely lean. To see abs your probably going to have to be between 8-10 percent body fat. Getting there is going to take an insane diet and cardio program unless your just a naturally ripped guy.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you need to stop drinking beer.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:13 AM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I only drink on select occasions.

What are some good proteins and weight gainers?
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:28 AM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn98 View Post
I only drink on select occasions.

What are some good proteins and weight gainers?
adding weight and trying to get lean are tough to do at the same time. do tons of cardio, and stretching actually helps some with definition too if you do it right because over time it will lengthen your muscles.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 12:23 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Its all diet man.....ab exercises and all that help to build abs, but your not going to see them unless you get insanely lean. To see abs your probably going to have to be between 8-10 percent body fat. Getting there is going to take an insane diet and cardio program unless your just a naturally ripped guy.
I got some nice definition at about 11% bf. But you're right, getting there is hard as ****. I was doing cardio 5 times a week and only eating about 30 grams of carbs per day. I felt like **** all day and my strength really took a hit. It is really hard to find that balance, for me it seems to be that I'm either big with some fat or lean with not a lot of size.