Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-16-2010, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While I was on deployment out in the Gulf I worked out 5 days a week
After every workout I did a 20 min ab routine and did some cardio maybe once or twice a week .
After 6 months I had a nice six pack- but it was consistantly over 100 degrees on the ship though
So maybe steam rooms might be helpful- shed off all that water weight
Make sure you hydrate though!

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 01:58 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Its all diet man.....ab exercises and all that help to build abs, but your not going to see them unless you get insanely lean. To see abs your probably going to have to be between 8-10 percent body fat. Getting there is going to take an insane diet and cardio program unless your just a naturally ripped guy.
Yep. I do specifically abs only once a week and I've got a 6 pack. You hit your abs up with the other lifts because abs are there to essentially stabilize your spine from what I understand.

Then again, I'm naturally a real lean guy. Gaining weight is my issue, not definition.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn98 View Post
What are some good proteins and weight gainers?
Depends on your company preference, taste, money availability and what you want (eg whey protein concentrate/blend vs whey protein isolate).
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, abs are huge for compound lifts. I rarely train abs directly.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

last time i measured my body fat I was at 11.6%.

I'm like 5'8-9

180. Looking to get at around 200.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 04:58 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
didnt do it, but like any cardio program, if you stick to it and keep a good diet you will see good results. I dont believe any heavy weight training is involved tho, so its probably not a strength builder.
it supposedly does strength also through various interval training where you use your body weight. mainly a lot of different pushup variations id guess.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
it supposedly does strength also through various interval training where you use your body weight. mainly a lot of different pushup variations id guess.
I think muscular endurance will go up for sure and if you havent been lifting ever, you will see max strength go up too. If you have been lifting for a while tho, I doubt body weight exercises will effect strength that much.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:38 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is my situation. I'm about 6'0-6'1 and last time I weighed myself I was 154.4 lbs. I'm trying to get bigger muscle-wise and weight-wise. I'm not trying to look like a body builder, but I want to get up to close to 200 lbs, attain more muscle mass, and get a six pack. I work out 4 times a week. I do abs twice a week. I don't really eat healthy, I just stay protein-minded and eat foods high in protein. So there's some background on me.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 06:07 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eat Healthy haha, increase your calorie intake by 500 calories. Take 1 week and record when you eat and what you eat. After a week, you'll see how much you eat on average and when you eat. Then increase by 500 calories, and increase your eating intervals, so if eating 3 big meals only. Make sure to include small high calorie snacks in between. Or 6 equal sized meals so you always feel full. Pretty much increase your calories, to gain weight.

But when you eat make sure your working out, or else it will become fat. If your going to bulk, you'll have to say bye bye to that six pack for a while. You can work it out, and still do so muscle builds there, but you won't see it since you will gain some fat. Your stomach will look bigger since the muscles underneath are pushing the fat forward.

But when it comes time to get cut you'll be fine. You won't look like a body builder as long as you do full body work outs, legs and back and upper body. Some guys I see have that prison look, jacked up top, benching 3 plates, lower body they don't even touch it.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:08 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
P90X is actually HIIT, try that if you want.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys do for cardio? And how many times a week do you do it?

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 06:32 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

I do like 10-15 mins on the bike or what ever cardio machine is there, after each workout. Except the treadmill that **** is bad for your knees. I just go like 1-2 at a good pace, and then for 30 seconds go all out, 1-2 good pace, 1 min all out, 1-2 slow cycle, then pick it back up, just go up and down to give the body a quick cardio workout.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:39 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My only problem is that I can't gain weight and my metabolism is through the roof, which is why I've thought about buying weight gainer.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:44 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My only problem is that I can't gain weight and my metabolism is through the roof, which is why I've thought about buying weight gainer.
If you do buy a weight gainer, I suggest cytogainer. It's made by cytosports and they usually make some of the better tasting stuffs. This stuff will really help you gain weight, and the good weight that you want.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 06:55 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
I run or play basketball three times a week.

Quote:
My only problem is that I can't gain weight and my metabolism is through the roof.
Me too, and I'm 23. I'm starting to wonder if it will ever slow down.

You just have to eat dude. If you're working out hard you don't need to shy away from high calorie foods with a high metabolism. Eat even when you're not hungry.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 02-16-2010, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had a hard time gaining weight, then i just started eating all the time and stay consitent. Up the calories each day. No weight gain drinks or nothing like that. I found it easy to just gain weight by eating a lot. Sometimes even when you don't think you're hungry, you gonna be surprised how much you can eat.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 02-16-2010, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
last time i measured my body fat I was at 11.6%.

I'm like 5'8-9

180. Looking to get at around 200.

Me too actually. I'm at 190 right now though.
I just have this lil donut around my abdomen though, ugh
I'm running 2 miles every other day now.
Hopefully I'll see some results in a month or so

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

I went from being ripped and having a 6 pack to like 1.5 pack right now. LOL

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 02-16-2010, 08:47 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Cardio 5 times a week, 2 days fast, 2 days long and 1 day low impact.

for fast i usually do 2 miles in around 12 minutes

for long i go for 4-6 miles and try to average 7:30 miles, or it's not really cardio but i'll go for a ruck with around 70 lbs, 8-12 miles usually

for low impact i do 30-45 minutes on the elliptical

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:38 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For some reason all of a sudden my strength has been really increasing lately. Ive been benching 225 2-3 times on my 5th set. My goal for the summer is benching 250 at 150 pounds.
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:40 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernbabybern820 View Post
For some reason all of a sudden my strength has been really increasing lately. Ive been benching 225 2-3 times on my 5th set. My goal for the summer is benching 250 at 150 pounds.
Naturally?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernbabybern820 View Post
If you do 225 2-3 times on your 5th set, you should be able to do 250. lol

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 02-17-2010, 04:10 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

Ok so as I said before, I don't really have a set diet. I just stay protien-minded with my eating. What are some foods I should start eating? Give me some ideas for breakfast foods, lunch foods, dinner foods, and snack foods.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:19 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Ok so as I said before, I don't really have a set diet. I just stay protien-minded with my eating. What are some foods I should start eating? Give me some ideas for breakfast foods, lunch foods, dinner foods, and snack foods.
Eggs
Fish
Chicken
Cow
Dairy( Milk especially, good source of calories and protein)
Nuts
ect.
Are all good sources of brotein.

Now if you're trying to gain some bulk you just need to eat a huge amount of calories with those sources of protein. Anything really works unless you're looking for clean calories. I eat a ton of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with whole wheat to get calories.

they get smoked.

Old 02-17-2010, 06:38 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Naturally?
Yes naturally. Ive been lifting for like 6-7 years though and i'm 5'6 which makes it easier for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
If you do 225 2-3 times on your 5th set, you should be able to do 250. lol
Well i dont really do high reps.

135 x 10
155 x 6
185 x 5
205 x 3-4
225 x 2

My goal would have been 275 but that doesn't seem very realistic.
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote