Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-17-2010, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernbabybern820 View Post
Yes naturally. Ive been lifting for like 6-7 years though and i'm 5'6 which makes it easier for me.

Well i dont really do high reps.

135 x 10
155 x 6
185 x 5
205 x 3-4
225 x 2

My goal would have been 275 but that doesn't seem very realistic.

Your one rep max should be around 240ish if you benched 225 3 times.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rob is right, unless you take 2 days between sets. haha

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:06 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm thinking about alternating running around the track 2 miles and exercise-biking 3 miles every other day. Good idea?
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:07 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
I'm thinking about alternating running around the track 2 miles and exercise-biking 3 miles every other day. Good idea?
Well it depends on your goal. It's a good cardio workout.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:17 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Well it depends on your goal. It's a good cardio workout.
The alcohol, pop, and junk food is starting to catch up to me.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 09:11 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
The alcohol, pop, and junk food is starting to catch up to me.
I didn't have a hard time kicking the pop/soda and junk food but I still drink on the weekends with some buddies although I've cut down considerably.

Old 02-18-2010, 12:07 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peanut butter+EAS Vanilla Whey+Milk+Greek Yogurt=Amazing. Liquid Reese's.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:09 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I didn't have a hard time kicking the pop/soda and junk food but I still drink on the weekends with some buddies although I've cut down considerably.
I think kicking the booze could help take fitness to a new level. I wish I would do it completely. One of my good buddies I lift with stopped drinking and put on 15 Lbs of muscle in a few months when he had previously not gained much.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:30 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've pretty much cut out all impurities in my diet, besides eating **** tons of fast food because it's calorie efficient and cheap. I would love to eat like four chicken breasts and home made steaks a day, but it gets way to costly for someone without a job at the moment.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-18-2010, 12:44 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I've pretty much cut out all impurities in my diet, besides eating **** tons of fast food because it's calorie efficient and cheap. I would love to eat like four chicken breasts and home made steaks a day, but it gets way to costly for someone without a job at the moment.
No kidding, when I was training hardcore and eating 4.5k calories a day, I was spending about $150 a week at the grocery store. I would also order in and eat at Subway a few meals a week. I couldn't afford it anymore so now I just eat clean and try to maintain a nice lean weight.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:54 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

I'm going to up my calories big time.

Going to do Rippetoes and p90x at the same time. p90x in the morning and Rippetoes at night.

I'm pretty pumped. Gonna be tough. Going to go 3 months with both.

Old 02-18-2010, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm going to up my calories big time.

Going to do Rippetoes and p90x at the same time. p90x in the morning and Rippetoes at night.

I'm pretty pumped. Gonna be tough. Going to go 3 months with both.
Just don't ***** out. Go all the way with it, and no half workouts. You should see great results.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 02-18-2010, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just got done with today's workout. A nice hour and 45 minutes including cardio. Not bad.

Food also tastes so much better after a workout. Just throwing it out there.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

I love the feeling after a great workout. And I feel asleep easier.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 02-18-2010, 02:24 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Lifting weights has made my insomnia more manageable. Just feel very fulfilled on workout days, and on non-workout days I now have motivation to go to sleep early so I can be at my best.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-18-2010, 02:27 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I've pretty much cut out all impurities in my diet, besides eating **** tons of fast food because it's calorie efficient and cheap..
Haha, talk about an oxymoron. Fast food is full of impurities. Probably one of the worst sources for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Just got done with today's workout. A nice hour and 45 minutes including cardio. Not bad.
I think an hour and 45 minutes is too long of a workout. I try not to go over an hour in the gym.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:31 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

75 minutes with cardio is basically where I've settled at. Anymore than that and I'd throw up every day.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

I think my average workout without cardio is about 45- 60 minutes.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 02-18-2010, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I think an hour and 45 minutes is too long of a workout. I try not to go over an hour in the gym.
Well, it was 30 minutes of cardio and an hour and 15 minutes of lifting. Since I'm trying to cut weight, I need to do some cardio. I also can't lift without doing some cardio first. Not doing cardio beforehand makes me super stiff and then I don't recover for about a week. Plus, it makes me break a sweat right away. I'm one of those people that can't just work out for an hour or else I feel like I didn't do anything.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:38 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Well, it was 30 minutes of cardio and an hour and 15 minutes of lifting.

I'm pretty much the same way. 1 hour and 15 minutes lifting and then normally a mile or so in a little bit. Cardio only days are usually 20-40 minutes depending on how I'm working out.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:33 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys must have empty gyms. I'll be lucky to get out of there after an hour, 45.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'cuse-213 View Post
You guys must have empty gyms. I'll be lucky to get out of there after an hour, 45.
I avoid going to the gym at peak hours. It helps. It also helps that Planet Fitness' hours are awesome.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My Lenten Promise or whatever:

- Gym 6 days a week
- No junk food, at all, not even a taste.
- I can only drink 2 times over the 40 days
Old 02-18-2010, 05:25 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
I think my average workout without cardio is about 45- 60 minutes.
45 minutes to an hour is about how I long I take with cardio sometimes. I like to get in and get out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'cuse-213 View Post
My gym is packed sometimes but I usually like to go around 11 am - 3pm if my school schedule permits it or else I'll wait until around 9 pm when everyone clears out. I hate being there during the rush because I see so many things wrong on top of not being able to focus because people you know coming up to you and small talking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
My Lenten Promise or whatever:

- Gym 6 days a week
- No junk food, at all, not even a taste.
- I can only drink 2 times over the 40 days
I think the bolded is going to be the hardest. I've avoided junk food since New Years and haven't even had a craving. (Thanks to cookies and cream whey)

Old 02-18-2010, 05:26 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Just don't ***** out. Go all the way with it, and no half workouts. You should see great results.
It should be sick. The best part about it I think is that I'm going to sleep like a baby.

Starting Sunday.