Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-18-2010, 04:35 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
It should be sick. The best part about it I think is that I'm going to sleep like a baby.

Starting Sunday.
Just don't over train, it can cause insomnia. Happened to me when I first started working out, I was doing way to much and I couldn't sleep for ****.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:10 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
Just don't over train, it can cause insomnia. Happened to me when I first started working out, I was doing way to much and I couldn't sleep for ****.
Yeah, it's going to kick my ass and if I feel like it's affecting me socially, mentally, or physically in a negative way then I'm going to stop.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, no doubt avoiding drinking will be the hardest
Old 02-18-2010, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you do get insomnia, get a sleeping pill or something to take.

Drowsy like crazy, since I'm eating under maintenance, and going stim free.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 08:11 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just picked up Jack3d for pre workout. I'll let you guys know how it is.

Supps I've ever used:
Gaspari Nutrition SuperPump 250 - Good pump but afterwards sucks. Plays with your stomach too much.
GNC Creatine Monohydrate - Solid gains off of it.
ON 100% Whey Vanilla Ice Cream - Tasty and mixes well with fruit.
ON 100% Whey Cookies and Cream - Satisfies sweet tooth.

About to add USP Labs' Jack3d to the list.

Old 02-18-2010, 08:12 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I REALLY want to try Jack3d. Love the **** out of Black Powder, but some of the things I've read about that sound nice. Let me know how it is man.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 08:17 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I REALLY want to try Jack3d. Love the **** out of Black Powder, but some of the things I've read about that sound nice. Let me know how it is man.
The only thing I don't like right off the bat is that you should take Jack3d 30-45 minutes before workout. Usually most pre workout supps are like that but I psych myself up for the gym and then knowing that I have to wait another 30-45 minutes to hit the weights doesn't settle well with me. I know the anticipation should psych me up more but I'm definitely spur of the moment. I think I'm gonna take it during the last 10 minutes of my class tomorrow so the ride home and then to the gym it should kick in completely.

Old 02-18-2010, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Gaspari Nutrition SuperPump 250 - Good pump but afterwards sucks. Plays with your stomach too much.
Lol Superdump.

Try Myofusion by Gaspari. Great tasting protein that's more like a pre-bed/meal replacement.

Gonna be trying out Ultima and Gatorade for tomorrow morning - wind sprints/HIIT/shuttle runs.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:31 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Black Powder takes fifteen to twenty, which also sucks. I either do abs while I wait or drink it while walking to the gym. Really wish I could get my hands on a sample of Jack3d though. Oh well, it's not really all that expensive compared to some of the other ones out there anyway.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-18-2010, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

I used to drink pre-workouts during warm ups.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:16 PM    (permalink
KobeBryant833
Rookie

KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KobeBryant833 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blackpowder is a very nice pre workout. Its 10x better than NOxplode, i think. Its gets me a lil pumped to lift and lets me get up in weight and do a lot more heavy sets. Its really good if youre trying to build strength.

I want something thats going to help me gain 15 pounds by start of summer. Anyone know any diet techniques or supplements you have used before that work well. Taste doesn't affect me anymore, but they drug test so it needs to be legal.
KobeBryant833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

eh.....I dont find pre work out supps necessary, especially considering most are so damn expensive. Some caffeine and a b vitamin does me nicely.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:30 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Arginine really does the trick for me. Might be a placebo effect, but it works really effectively. It is damned expensive though. Trick with it is to buy it online. 3lb of Black Powder has lasted me since like...June and I'm just running out now, which is acceptable at $50.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-18-2010, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Arginine really does the trick for me. Might be a placebo effect, but it works really effectively. It is damned expensive though. Trick with it is to buy it online. 3lb of Black Powder has lasted me since like...June and I'm just running out now, which is acceptable at $50.
The studies I have read say arginine doesnt really do anything and its really the caffeine. But, hey, whatever works for you is worth it.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:59 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Just took two scoops of jack3d. Going to the gym in about 10 minutes. I feel pretty ready to go. Face is a little tingly and I'm a little jittery, fwiw.

Old 02-19-2010, 01:04 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't recommend using any of those pre work out things. They all have too much caffeine in them and dehydration is so dangerous. There's a difference between looking like you're in shape and being healthy and in shape; only one of those things is important.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 01:14 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

There's no more caffeine in them than in most energy drinks. A 16 oz Rockstar has to 200-240mg of caffeine. Black Powder has 200mg's of the stuff. Recommended daily limit, which is conservative anyway, is right there. Not that harmful, as long as you actually drink a somewhat reasonable amount of water. Plus, you're only taking it once a day a set number of times a weak.

If you want to talk dangerous, drinking 3+ glasses of caffeinated soda a day(usually instead of water) on a regular basis like most people do is more of a problem.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-19-2010, 01:19 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There's no more caffeine in them than in most energy drinks. A 16 oz Rockstar has to 200-240mg of caffeine. Black Powder has 200mg's of the stuff. Recommended daily limit, which is conservative anyway, is right there. Not that harmful, as long as you actually drink a somewhat reasonable amount of water. Plus, you're only taking it once a day a set number of times a weak.

If you want to talk dangerous, drinking 3+ glasses of caffeinated soda a day(usually instead of water) on a regular basis like most people do is more of a problem.
Exactly, those energy drinks are fricken poison. I would never touch one of those. Drink water, eat right, and work hard...forget all the GMC crap. It's just gimmicky crap anyway.

sig by BoneKrusher

Old 02-19-2010, 01:25 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Eh, I wouldn't say energy drinks are anymore poisoning than anything with caffeine in it. People have been drinking copious amount of coffee for years and not had any real health problems. Caffeine actually can have a fairly beneficial impact on health in a lot of different ways.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-19-2010, 01:31 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Eh, I wouldn't say energy drinks are anymore poisoning than anything with caffeine in it. People have been drinking copious amount of coffee for years and not had any real health problems. Caffeine actually can have a fairly beneficial impact on health in a lot of different ways.
The concentration of caffeine is the problem. You're getting so much of it so fast that if you have a few of them in a row, they can give you heart palpatations.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by senormysterioso : 02-19-2010 at 01:53 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:49 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I don't buy into pre workout drinks. There is no way the stuff in those things are good for you.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

caffeine is fine up to around the 300mg mark, it has been proven to be very valuable when taken pre workout. At any other time though, its no bueno.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:40 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Jack3d is definitely powerful stuff. I feel like I could go workout again right now. I'm hoping there's no crash and just a gradual process of getting off of this 'high', if you wanna call it that.

I benched today, it was easier than last week but I'm not crediting that to Jack3d but more so my work I've put in. Didn't hit any new PR but I feel like the energizer bunny.

I'd give it an 8/10 right now pending on how I feel later.

Old 02-19-2010, 03:49 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jack3d is definitely powerful stuff. I feel like I could go workout again right now. I'm hoping there's no crash and just a gradual process of getting off of this 'high', if you wanna call it that.

I benched today, it was easier than last week but I'm not crediting that to Jack3d but more so my work I've put in. Didn't hit any new PR but I feel like the energizer bunny.

I'd give it an 8/10 right now pending on how I feel later.
Does it have arginine in it? That stuff makes me as flexible as a steel beam when I'm done working out. Gives me great vascularity though.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:06 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone use a rowing machine? I pulled a muscle in my back a while back and a doctor suggested doing it, helped a ton but it also is a really good cardio work out that helps with bicep/back definition.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote